Skip to content

#12311 BGII:EE should not show a blank screen on Android devices

EnderSembienEnderSembien Member Posts: 7
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hi,
Bg2EE doesn't work anymore since the Lollipop Android upgrade on my Galaxy Tab S this week.
When launching the game, the first Beamdog screen appears normally, then I have a black screen in place of the menu where I usually choose between BG2 SoA-BG2 ToB-Black Pits 2. However, the music is running and if i point blindly with my finger, I can select SoA on the left, ToB in the middle and Black Pits on the right. The cinematic corresponding to each runs normally and then black screen again. After that, i managed to blindly load one of my SoA savegame but the screen stays black.
I guess I'm not the only one having this issue.
Are you working on a solution? Thanks in advance for your concern.

Ps: I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game with no result.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MaggeusMaggeus Member Posts: 2
    I've been having the exact same problem...
    I've still not found a solution to this.
  • TwincleTwincle Member Posts: 9
    Same thing here. I got a Lollipop update yesterday and now both BG2ee and IWDee are having same bug - a black screen after intro logo. But I hear misic on a background and clicking on invisible icons are valid.

I've checked in developer's mode and it seems like this apps are just not rendering an image.

Actually there is a same issue with HoMM3 so it us lollipop issue for sure.

Hope you manage to fix asap.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Could you advise devices where not mentioned please.

I've checked on Android 5.1 which is the latest I can get on a Nexus 7, and that works OK.
    Thanks
  • EnderSembienEnderSembien Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2015
    To be completely accurate, my tablet is a Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 and it was the 5.0.2 Android upgrade that occured last week on this platform.

Thanks in advance for your help, Gate70.
    Post edited by EnderSembien on
    Gate70
    Gate70 - I have Galaxy note 3 sm n900.
    Gate70
    Android 5.0 as latest for my device.
    Thalrador
  • One Cold CanuckOne Cold Canuck Member Posts: 2
    Same problem here, Galaxy Tab S (Model #: SM-T800) running Android 5.0.2
  • MaggeusMaggeus Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    I'm on the Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 with android 5.0.2.
    Guys - seems like it is an issue of a mix exynos+lollipo 5.0... may be it would be usefull to know that I have this problem in BG, BG2, IWD and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD. may be it would help you to figure out the problem as it should be the common thing between all this games.
    As there any news? It is quiet annoying to purchase all infinity-emgine games and would not be able to play it.

May be it would help - my OS build is n900xxuebnl6. It is a
  • dphallihandphallihan Member Posts: 1
    Same Problem . I have been trying to install BGEE on a Samsung S SM-T800 android 5.0.2. Tried reinstalling, deleting all data, and playing with the display settings. Hope someone comes up with a solution I really liked the game.
    Dear developers it would be nice to at least know that you are aware, confirms that this problem exists and you are working on it.

Thank you in advance.
  • billybob666billybob666 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue with Icewind Dale on Samsung Tab S with the Android 5.02. I contacted support, and they suggested I request a refund, but I am almost finished the game, so that's not an option. Since all the Beamdog games use the same engine, I would assume it is a common problem between all of the games. FYI, have had similar problems in Shadowrun, and a couple of other games I can't remember. Installed the other games, then had to request a refund.

The fact that other games are broken, may indicate a problem on Samsung's side. If so, good luck ever getting it fixed. I'm looking at downgrading back to KitKat.
    Hi
    Tagged.

Information supplied so far has been added to the ticket, if any other devices are encountering the same issue please continue to report here.
    Thanks
    hook71JuliusBorisovHurricane
  • MidnitdragoonMidnitdragoon Member Posts: 1
    Hello there everyone. I made a account here just to report the same thing. I'm using a Galaxy tab s and after the last update that came in during the first week of April I just get the beamdog screen but the game screen turns black and music can be heard. Would be great to get some kind of patch or fix to this problem
    Ok, it's been two weeks and no reaction of Beamdog for a problem that is not a simple technicality but a real problem that prevents all the players of a given platform to play the game completely.
    Are they even reading this forum ?
    Does anyone have an idea of how to contact them more directly to have an update on what they are doing concerning this problem ?
    I guess it's not their fault that Android decided to come up with a crappy update that messes with the game but still...
    One of the forums I am searching managed to solve the problem. They tried to use original *.apk with ADRENO cache instead of MALI one. It have fixed a problem for some users.

I hope this information would help developers to fix the problem.
    Gate70
  • BuzzarrdBuzzarrd Member Posts: 2
    Maggeus said:

I'm on the Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 with android 5.0.2.

Me too
    If you would like to help by beta testing an update please either confirm here or PM me, and include which games you have (BG:EE, BGII:EE, IWD:EE).
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisovelmega
    @Hayzard
    @Reckhead
    @seanmpiettojo

Hi, please see my earlier post about beta testing and let me know if you'd like to participate.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    Hi Gate70,

Yes, I would definitely be willing to beta test the update you're proposing. I only have BG2:EE on tablet for now.

Thanks a lot!
    Gate70
  • billybob666billybob666 Member Posts: 2
    I would be willing to beta test Icewind Dale.
    Gate70
  • HayzardHayzard Member Posts: 9
    I would love to help beta test a fix for this. I own BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE and would be willing to beta test any/all of them.
    Gate70
    OK, can you pm me your google+ id's please.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    I own all of the games but would like to test BG2 ee. My google is sstanislavv@gmail.com
  • kaldurakkaldurak Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue. I downloaded BGIIEE a few days ago, but only got around to playing today.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Android 5.02
    Exnyos 5 octa 5420

Developer screen loads fine, music plays, screen goes black. Can click objects in the background while the music is playing, but I cannot see anything at all :(

email is kaldurak@gmail.com
    OK, you should all have details of what to do. I believe that should be enough people/devices now.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • PivasikPivasik Member Posts: 3
    Hello
    Same problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 with Exinos 5 CPU. BG2EE runing in black screen mode after instaling OTA Android 5.0.1. Trying reinstall game, reset device to factory mode = only see black screen and hear sounds in background=(
  • guyh27guyh27 Member Posts: 1
    Same issue. Android galaxy tab s 10.5 just upgraded to android 5.02. Black screen issue appeared immediately after I updated the OS.