Skip to content

[mod] Foundling: Between the Shades

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    So some questions:

1. What you do exactly before the crash?
    2. Does it happen only on that area? What about the next one?
    3. Why do you think it has anything to do with saving the game?
    4. Why do you think it has anything to do with using magic?
    5. Why do you think it has anything to do with the wolves?
    6. What can I do do reproduce the bug?
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    The "wolves" crashed me always.
    Magic: "Clairvoyance" crashed me always, other sometimes
    Saves: only sometimes.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    I can reproduce a crash using your save, @egbert - I will investigate. Thanks for reporting it!
    It happens only in this (1) area.

After you have done the job for the witch and reported so there are no further crashes.
    Bug Report

Foundling never uses his shadow spells by himself.
    Maybe his script doesn't use them...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @egbert Default scripts can only use spells they recognize and won't use mod-added spells. In my experience, new scripts must be written and implementing smart AI is a massive pain. Best to just use his spells manually.

@egbert Default scripts can only use spells they recognize and won't use mod-added spells. In my experience, new scripts must be written and implementing smart AI is a massive pain. Best to just use his spells manually.

That's your decision... :/
    At least you should write it as KNOWN ISSUE in the README.
    @Artemius_I - thanks for the reply. And yes, I never wrote the AI script as there would be problems with these. Remember that I kinda introduced something like a new school to the game. Artemius, did you encounter the bug like Egbert's? IIRC you played the mod.
    Crashes? No. I think I might've encountered the lack of AI but I don't use party AI ever. The only bugs that messed with my progress were the ones I submitted on the first page.
    @Artemius_I Yep, those are mostly fixed in the new version. And I would be surprised if you experienced a non-existent AI :P
    @egbert There is an animation of an ice wall for the east exit of the area. The crash was related to it and seems to be fixed after I made a few edits. Please try again after dropping these files in your override folder: https://ufile.io/74222 The crash should be fixed for your existing saved game but the ice wall will look better if you use a save from before you entered the area for the first time, because your saved game keeps its own copy of each area that you've visited and doesn't look at the original copy in the override folder again after that.

- Repeating dialogue - the one where Foundling asks if love makes you happier. SetGlobal("L#FouToBTimeredTalk","GLOBAL",11) should be set to 12 instead.

This bug still exists in the current version.
    Yes, that is a known issue in the current release. It would be patched and corrected for you if you ran the BiG World Fixpack script after unpacking (but before installing) the mod.
    Uhm... because the new version isn't up yet? It's being worked on.
  • daghodagho Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    i've tried this mod. It looks great but, actually, i don't find how to do with the stone face in snow moutain. Someone could help me please ? :disappointed:
    @dagho It's been a very long time since I've played but, aren't there supposed to be a pair of eyes you're supposed to stick in the face's sockets? Did you find those?
    Yes but i don't know what i need to use on those sockets. I already use gem, king's tear, bjeluril, wolf skin..
    Eyes? Stone Eyes? Look for them...
    @Artemius_I and @egbert are correct. On the area there are 2 tiny spots where the stone eyes were left forgotten for a while. Just "light up" the containters and doors if you can't see those. Both eyes may be found in the same area as the "stone face".
    Thanks! I've found
  • SirinoelesSirinoeles Member Posts: 2
    - Repeating dialogue - the one where Foundling asks if Charname think Imoen is still alive. He repeats it without breaks.(
    edited January 2017
    Shall be fixed, thanks (in the new update when it's up)
  • SirinoelesSirinoeles Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2017
    Some spells don't work as intended. I havn't test them all yet, but I can tell, that Shadow summoning summons nothing, and Shadow Feast does not kill shadows or harm them at all.
    edited January 2017
    @Sirinoeles - I see. If you find more problems, let me know in the thread, please :)
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    hey is the chicken found by the sword used for anything?
    Hah! No :) It's there just to cheer you up.
    I was informed about a small ToB bug. I fixed it and now v2.1 is available.
    The mod just got updated. Now it includes a brand new worldmap icon and EE savegame patching! @swit did most of the coding! Check the original post to download the mod. Enjoy!
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    one question:
    Can I do all quests and visit all new areas without recruiting your new NPC because I play as a good party and my team is already good.