Skip to content

2»

Comments

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    bengoshi said:

If you press "F12" on the page, you'll get a code of the page, that includes the following:

< img id="medallion" src="/countdown/assets/bg-blur.png" height="300" alt="Adventure Y">

In HTML, an "alt" atribute specifies an alternate text for an image.

So, the countdown is 100% for the Adventure Y.

As for the trailer/announcement VS the game countdown, I think that because we were told there're trailers for the game, we should see one of them here. The game should get advertised, talked about, become popular etc, etc. Nearly all the gaming magazines and sites should start write about it. And only after that there should go an actual game release.

Moreover, Beamdog has a tradition of releasing games in September - October - November, so I guess this tradition will continue.

P.S. the code of the page also shows

< !-- Preorder -->

< !-- /Preorder -->

So, this basically implies a pre-order for the Adventure Y is going to be revealed.

Yup. I agree with all of this. I will be placing my pre-order in ... let's see ...

10 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes, and 20 seconds.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited June 2015
    I think the game itself has been finished for weeks. They're just trying to figure what to name it besides 'Adventure Y'. Hey guys, just call it 'Baldur's Gate 1.5: Revenge of the Gazebo' and take our money!
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovwubblebooinyoureyes
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Seriously, they really ought to call it something like "Baldur's Gate 1.5: Siege of Dragonspear", so that it's immediately clear from the name where it fits into the chronology. For future newcomers to the series who are buying the games one at a time in sequence, that'll be important information.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]booinyoureyes
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Seriously, they really ought to call it something like "Baldur's Gate 1.5: Siege of Dragonspear", so that it's immediately clear from the name where it fits into the chronology. For future newcomers to the series who are buying the games one at a time in sequence, that'll be important information.

"Baldur's Gate 1.5" is too confusing with the patch versions of the IE+ engine. If the engine is patched to version 1.6, do you call it "Baldur's Gate 1.5: Siege of Dragonspear 1.6"? I prefer "Baldur's Gate: Dragonspear".
    Shin
    Fair point that there could be confusion with version numbers, @AstroBryGuy, but some way of indicating the sequence in the title would nevertheless be quite valuable. I remember having the problem myself in the past, of not being sure what sequence a serial should be in, because it wasn't made obvious ... and I remember this causing me not to buy.

"Baldur's Gate 1½: ...", perhaps? I know that's a little ugly, but at least it avoids confusion with version numbers.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    A title having 1½ in it just reminds me of the Lion King. :)
    AstroBryGuybooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @bengoshi,
    bengoshi said:

If you press "F12" on the page, you'll get a code of the page, that includes the following:

< !-- Preorder -->

< !-- /Preorder -->

Are you sure that wasn't the 'Preloader'?
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Baldur's Gate 1 and 3/4 it is
    [Deleted User]elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Now it's written:

< !-- Preloader -->

< !-- /Preloader -->

It's a major change, actually! A preloader instead of a preorder.

Also, they've changed "Adventure Y" to "Adventure Q #BaldursGate".

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge.
    AedanwubbleTroodon80cmk24
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited July 2015
    bengoshi said:

It's a major change, actually! A preloader instead of a preorder.

Hint for anyone else thinking it's a way to pre-load the game: this is the preloader. It's the thing that loads parts of the background animation for the site and such. :D
    bengoshi said:

Also, they've changed "Adventure Y" to "Adventure Q #BaldursGate".

You're imagining things, it clearly says "Adventure T #BaldursGate". :p
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

I got my hopes up for nothing.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Troodon80 You did that, didn't you? :wink:
    [Deleted User]Troodon80AstroBryGuy
    @Troodon80, @SethDavis - the only reason I can imagine for the inclusion of the for-loop is if the author (@BenArledge?) anticipates that there'll soon be a requirement for randomly-lettered two-character (or even-more-character) names (still all excluding "Y", so still in the current context). In that case, simply substitute i < 2 (or i < n) ...
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    So, I'm not going to lie, I wonder if I'll get any sort of mention in adventure y. Being Dragonspear of course ;)

Also, no I'm not DEAD!
    [Deleted User]booinyoureyeselminster
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    booinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

So, I'm not going to lie, I wonder if I'll get any sort of mention in adventure y. Being Dragonspear of course ;)

Also, no I'm not DEAD!

You live! Flesh and blood and bone, you're alive!
    -cue evil laughter-
    elminsterDragonspear[Deleted User]
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838

! :open_mouth:
    Does your name and Santa hat tell us it's going to be released in December? ^__^

I really hope not

[Deleted User]booinyoureyes