Skip to content

[v2.8] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    what does the 1 for bg 1 for keldorn mean? he is not in bg1 just mentioned.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @megamike15 There are extra banters if you know Sirene from BG1. Keldorn is the only non-BG1 party member to have one because Sirene knows him via Ajantis.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    @Artemius_I I figured as much, I'm ok with her staying in party and being silent; looking forward to BG2 content. Keep up the good work.
    Now that I'm done moving off campus I've got time to spare on finishing the ToB banters and friendship/romance talks, then the last thing to do will be to playtest the whole mod to ensure scripts run properly. No promises but hopefully the first release won't be far off.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Loving Sirene, but found a bug with Friendship talk number 5,, (the one when the global variable is at 10).

You have a condition on the talk that she be injured, but if her health is full, she just loops into a nonstop PID, (as though you forcetalked her.). In retrospect, once I realized what the problem was, instead of modifying the dialogue script, I should have just given her a wack... There's something darkly humorous about that, considering the subject of the talk.
    @rashkae Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I could've sworn I fixed that... meh, I'll look over it for the next release. There's a few other things I want to change anyways.
    Mod is now updated, fixing two dialogues and adding a new icon for Brimstone.
    edited May 2016
    There should really be a thread for this in the BG:EE mods forum... God knows, I was looking exactlty for a mod like this prior to SOD release, but sadly, completely overlooked it. Do I have to uninstall previous version before installing new version.... do you expect it to work midgame?
    @rashkae I'll move the thread to the BG:EE modding section.
    I've amped the volume on all the voice files,, between 4 and 7 dB each. They come out between 4 and 6 dB from peak. She's still more softspoken than any other BG1 char, but not nearly as disproportionate. Let me know if you want to download them, and I'll put them up somewhere.
    @rashkae That'd be appreciated. The volume's needed an amp up for a while now. Thanks for helping with that.
    edited May 2016

Another new icon for Brimstone. Currently ToB banters are almost done (4 left to write) which leaves friendship/romance. Currently there are 8 talks in total for friendship and ~14 for romance.
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    Are you planning on any crossmod banters/romance conflicts? Those always make things interesting :)
    @amyae At the moment there's no crossmod. Crossmod (probably) requires permission from the original creators and I can't put priority for writing that may never get the green light. Maybe once the core writing is complete I can look into adding crossmod content.
    amyae
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    @Artemius_I - just a quick note: even though I'm not a very active modder, if you have any ideas for crossmod talks with my characters (BG1: White; BG2: Foundling, Yvette, Yoshimo - romance, Petsy...) just let me know. I consider your character quite interesting. I'm quite interested in your project :)
    Caszidy
    @LavaDelVortel Hey there Lava. I'll happily work on crossmod content so long as I have your permission. I've played Colors of Infinity as well as White, Foundling and Yvette so I'll start with those once I get around to it. When they're ready I can send them to you for approval. I'm not certain whether I'll complete them before initial release of the mod though.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    @Artemius_I - I totally understand :) Feel free to poke me. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to reply, but since is mostly about reading and giving approval or suggestion about my character's lines, I should reply rather fast :) Unless I'm out in the woods in the summer :D
    edited May 2016
    Updated to version 1.3. Changes are listed below:
    • Another new icon and description image for Brimstone
    • Expanded PID with flirts and HP-dependent responses
    • (optional) Crossmod banter with White NPC
    amyaeLavaDelVortelCaszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I want to thank you, for this mod. I am playing with it right now, and its really great. It makes the game so "alive". So I just want to thank you for your work :wink:
    @Caszidy Thank you :) This being my first finished work, I was less than confident in my writing skills when I completed it. It's my hope that the BG2 section will be even better. I've also got a few other characters in the works. Hope that they'll see the light of day ;)
    Caszidykaguana
    edited May 2016
    Actually, now I realized that I have a bug - Sirene normaly talking to other NPCs, commenting game events etc., but I realized, that I don´t get a single one friendship/romance talk innitiated by her.
    Could You please write some variables so I can somehow re-start this in EEkeeper? (I don´t want to reinstall :blush: )

Uaaaaa :flushed: I am totaly stupid, sorry, I didn´t read README file, and now I now, that she will start her talks after Nashkel Mines.
    Updated. Version 1.4 fixes banters with EE party members and interjections in Cloakwood mines if Sirene is not in the party.
    Caszidy
    This NPC mod is really amazing, I m looking forward to BG2 part as hell (y)
    Despite saying I wouldn't do it, I am now considering adding Sirene to SoD... both because I feel she could fit in well into the expansion and also because SoD lacks a good-aligned fighter that isn't in a pair. However, I'm not sure how to handle the new banter method, so I may stick to the usual way. I can't promise it'll be done, but i'll be more inclined towards it if there's interest in it.
    Version 1.5 provides the option for changing Sirene's kit to any of the vanilla paladin kits (except blackguard) or trueclass paladin, as well as fighter/cleric. Her stats and proficiencies are changed to accommodate, and Brimstone becomes a mace. This component is still tentative, and some dialogue may make less sense.
    The voiceset for the Cleric Variant gets mangled. (Command acknowledgements fill some rare selection sounds, no warcries, the text String "Done" as a selection.)

I'm sure that's a small oversight, though I've never experimented with assigning voices to a char, so I don't know how to check fix. Although I liked your Paladin Kit variant, I think it would be great if Serene could fill the cleric slot in my BG party.
    @rashkae Weird. Did you try resetting her voice via PID? I've updated the latest release but I can't promise it fixes it since I haven't encountered the same issue.
    Initially, the selection sounds stop playing entirely, (they only cycle through the first 4 or 5, then stop, until game is re-loaded. The PID voice fix is what sends it completely off the rails. (Note: I just tested, and PID voice fix does the same thing to Paladin Sirene, even though there is otherwise no problems with voice to begin with.)

I should note that I uninstalled Sirene 1.4 before installing 1.5. I did not to create a clean game to test installing the new mod by itself. I'll see what I can do about that this weekend.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526

I'll say this much - I'm not a great writer. I love to do it, I hate showing it to others. I'm a shallow writer, the kind that wants what I'm writing to be deep and interesting but really just thinks my work sucks. Maybe it's just me, but I'll write and rewrite a line several times before giving up and leaving it as is. The result is a piece of work I don't feel worthy of showing. But this time, I'm biting the bullet and just doing it. I'm already worried that there'll be criticism - I'll admit it makes me uncomfortable, given that I rarely show my work to others, but please, throw it at me! It'll help me out a ton.
    My description in a few sentences :) Good mod and very inspirational. Thank you!

edited June 2016
    Well, that was easy to explain. All the audio files in c0reset.baf are off starting with SetPlayerSound(Myself,~Now you shall pay!~ [C0SIR008],BATTLE_CRY4)
    (that audio file is actually missing, and the following audio file references need to be reduced by one.. , so 009 should be 008, 010 should be 009. There are further places down the list where extra missing audio files get added.