Skip to content

[v2.8] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    Your college is much more important. Just letting you know for future reference. I have my own mods which I am working on, and they took a hit when I got a bad cold. A developer's lot is not a happy one! (Apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan.)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2017
    nullset said:

Your college is much more important. Just letting you know for future reference. I have my own mods which I am working on, and they took a hit when I got a bad cold. A developer's lot is not a happy one! (Apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan.)

:D
    Totally agree. My son failed his first year Uni exams due to too much gaming. He was able to do another course, but wisely brought his computer home as he couldn't trust himself with it. Ended up with an MSc, so that seems to have been a wise decision, but he'd have had a better career with his first-choice degree.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Planning on fixing a few bugs and modifying a few things (namely SoD banter mechanics) within the next couple of days, stay tuned.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    If I've just kicked off an SoD run, will these changes require restarting?
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245

Planning on fixing a few bugs and modifying a few things (namely SoD banter mechanics) within the next couple of days, stay tuned.

Any news regarding the update?
    @Mothor

My apologies. The update's been sitting around for a while as there were a few little things left to do. Due to exams I never got around to finishing them off, but as I've finished my exams now I'll get around to it.
  • AlexCatgirlAlexCatgirl Member Posts: 2
    To all peeps who are having trouble installing this mod. You must install modmerge first if you have the SoD expansion or it will not run correctly....Found this out the hard painful way when a bunch of mods were not working.

Link to modmerge
    https://github.com/ScottBrooks/modmerge/releases
    edited December 2017

To all peeps who are having trouble installing this mod. You must install modmerge first if you have the SoD expansion or it will not run correctly....Found this out the hard painful way when a bunch of mods were not working.

Link to modmerge
    https://github.com/ScottBrooks/modmerge/releases

This only applies to Steam and Gog games.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1
  • randomencounterrandomencounter Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2018
    Random suggestion and I can’t remember where I saw the idea originally - think it was in a review - but given the nature of her introduction and her storyline, could be nice if there’s a small reputation penalty when she joins? Would reinforce the prejudice she’s faced in the area.
    If I do this I will probably also implement a minimum reputation requirement for joining, otherwise there’ll be a silly interaction of: joins party, rep drops, immediately starts warning dialogue. At most, it will be a -1 drop and a minimum reputation requirement of 11.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it does not help that i have a mod that moves viconia over there. so having them both causing a rep drop would not end well.
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

Maybe this is already covering what I want to ask for?
    I have Sirene now return in my SoD party and I have the mod that makes NPC Banters again be dialogues. I just found that your banters are still in that text clutter...

I asked the author of SoD Banter mod at SHS about it but she says she can't just make changes for other people's mod. Now everybody else talks normal and just one party member has those banter texts only and that feels odd.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Any news how the update is doing?
    edited May 2018
    Updated to v2.4.
    • Merged BG:EE and SoD components
    • Enabled Martyr kit for player characters
    • Added extra uses of Lay on Hands to Martyr kit
    • Fighter/Cleric alternate class removed
    • Added optional Divine Champion alternate kit (requires House Rules mod)
    • Added two alternate portraits
    • Added crossmod banters with Aura
    • SoD banter scripts made more reliable

Updated to v2.4.

• Merged BG:EE and SoD components
    • Enabled Martyr kit for player characters
    • Added extra uses of Lay on Hands to Martyr kit
    • Fighter/Cleric alternate class removed
    • Added optional Divine Champion alternate kit (requires House Rules mod)
    • Added two alternate portraits
    • Added crossmod banters with Aura
    • SoD banter scripts made more reliable
    Let's hope that this is the version selected by BWS. :)
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    @Artemius_I Selecting option 4 for the new portraits when installing causes the weidu installer to repeat the portraits options list, as if I'd selected an invalid number.

@Artemius_I Selecting option 4 for the new portraits when installing causes the weidu installer to repeat the portraits options list, as if I'd selected an invalid number.

The same happens when selecting option 3.
    @ggallegher @Wise_Grimwald

Fixed for both BG:EE and BG2:EE versions.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2018
    [Martyr kit] In case you wanna slightly tweak this part
    - May not use ranged weapons.

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.*\.itm~ override        // This is needed to add my kit to the "NOT USABLE BY" list of weapons
      PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN
    	READ_BYTE 0x31 proficiency

PATCH_MATCH proficiency WITH 
    		106    107    104     105        BEGIN
    		  LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT
    			INT_VAR
    			  opcode = 319                                                   // Restrict item
    			  target = 1                                                         // Self
    			  parameter1 = IDS_OF_SYMBOL (kit ~COILM~)   // Kit internal name
    			  parameter2 = 9                                                // Kit
    			  timing = 2                                                        // Instant/While equipped
    			  special = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@1)                      // @1 = ~Martyr~
    		  END
    		END
    	END
      END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
    @Luke93

I try to reserve WeiDU hacks for cases of unique item usability restrictions. In this case, it’s not necessary since the martyr shares the same restrictions with the cavalier.

@ggallegher @Wise_Grimwald

Fixed for both BG:EE and BG2:EE versions.

:)
  • helo138helo138 Member Posts: 53
    @Artemius_I ,

I could be completely wrong, but I might have noticed a bug after your latest changes to the SoD-banters.
    The script-file C02Siren.bcs points to a second file c02dbant, which NI cannot find. This results in stuttering, because my commands are overridden by the script (in combat everything works fine). I tried to find the relevant file in the mod-folder, and found a file called c02sbant. I can´t find either one in my override folder.
    I am playing EET with the latest mod version. I use a whole bunch of other mods as well, but I don´t believe they are the problem because the stuttering started right after I recruited her again in the iron throne building.
    @helo138

AAAAAAAAHHHHH NO I'M SO SORRY

I made a pretty stupid oversight while copy/pasting the improved banter script from my other mod. That's what's causing the issue.

It's fixed now:

v2.4.1
    • Martyr can no longer be Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil (BUGFIX)
    • Martyrs are no longer immune to casts of Sacrifice and Martyrdom from other Martyrs (BUGFIX)
    • Fixed stutter bug caused by banters in SoD (BUGFIX)
    @Artemius_I,

no problem.
    Is there an easy way for me to fix the damage in my ongoing game? Otherwise I will simply delete the relevant lines and play without her banters in SoD.
    edited July 2018
    @helo138

I'm not sure. Maybe it will fix itself since the script is being overwritten with the correct actions. You can try this if not:

C:Eval('SetAreaScript("",GENERAL)')

Wait, scratch that. Redownload the mod. I added in another fix.
    edited July 2018
    Ok, so after putting the two new files C02Siren.bcs and c02sbant in my override folder 3 different banters all happened at once, but I guess now it is fixed.
    Thanks for your help.

Edit: After looking closer at the banters, the displayed strings aren´t making much sense.
    It seems only a new installation will solve the problem, mhh...
    Post edited by helo138 on
    @helo138

Never ever put files directly in the override folder. Mods need WeiDU to compile custom text strings into the dialog.tlk file, or else you’re just going to end up with gibberish in game.

@helo138

Never ever put files directly in the override folder. Mods need WeiDU to compile custom text strings into the dialog.tlk file, or else you’re just going to end up with gibberish in game.

Yeah,
    that´s exactly what happened. But I don´t know how to use WeiDU, and to be honest, don´t care/have enough time to learn it. I can live with a little gibberish, after SoD everything should be fine again.
    @helo138

Just run the Setup-Sirene.exe file that was packaged with the mod and reinstall the mod. This will update the mod with the most recent changes to the mod folder.
    I am playing eet so I don´t believe it´s that simple. Sirene is installed on BG1 before eet imports BG1 resources into BG2.
    Correct me if I am wrong.