Skip to content

[v1.7] Pai'Na, a half-drow hivemaster druid NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

• HooAmEyeHooAmEye Member Posts: 21
    Well, if you ever want to add it...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @HooAmEye Unfortunately, I don't think I will. Pai'Na has a hard enough time befriending anyone as it is. I would go as far to say that she simply would not understand being in a relationship to anyone.
    Zaghoul
    aww
    edited December 2016
    Hope you all had a good Christmas...

Initial release (v1.0) is finally complete and ready to be played... I've only tested it lightly so there may still be bugs but it should be playable overall... I'll still need to update the original post but I'm too tired to get to that atm... have fun.
    MateoFrozenLavaDelVortel
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Thank You Very Much! :'(
    LavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Great!
    Alright, the front page has finally been updated to something presentable. Consider the mod officially released now. Oh man... I began on this so long ago and the writing's not my best but I still had a bit of fun with it. Don't take it too seriously, although feel free to laugh at the occasional character inconsistency. Assuming I'm not talking to nobody here... xP
    MateoFrozen
    Still love her, hoping for an expansion one day
    @HooAmEye B-b-but I just released the expansion...
    LavaDelVortelMateoFrozen
    :)

v1.1

- Spider's Bane (Unfinished Business) can now be reforged by Cromwell
    - Spider's Bane's description edited to be more suitable

For users of Unfinished Business... the broken shards of Spider's Bane can be reforged by Cromwell at a fair price. If Pai'Na is present, though, she won't be happy... and the PC will need a respectable bit of charisma to persuade her.
    MateoFrozen
  • Thank you. This sounds very promising. The tie-in with Spider's Bane is a good idea. I will ad Pai'Na to my upcoming BG2ee game and take her out for a spin.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2017
    Too bad this mod is BG2-only. I have a plan for a drow party (Fighter-Charname, Vynd [mod NPC - Assassin], Viconia and Baeloth). She would be perfect.

And this kit seems really interesting. I see a lack of nice kits for druids (Oozemaster and Lost Druid are the only AFAIK). Is it available for character creation or only Pai'Na can use it?
    @Raduziel

It's probably for the best because she really, really does not like drow... putting her in an all-drow party would probably drive her insane. :p

The hivemaster is NPC-locked at the moment. If people really want to play it I can easily open it for players by changing a few lines. I'll add it in for the next update.
    MateoFrozenErstarrung
    @Artemius_I That's what Charisma is there for lol

About the kit release: it would be great!
  • ErstarrungErstarrung Member Posts: 51

The hivemaster is NPC-locked at the moment. If people really want to play it I can easily open it for players by changing a few lines. I'll add it in for the next update.

That would be awesome...
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    If you use NPC_EE, you should be able to get the Hivemaster kit as an option for any of your Druid NPCs while you wait for the next version, though that doesn't help with the PC.
    For the impatient, here's a brief guide on how to unlock the hivemaster kit for character creation:

Go to the mod folder and open the file Setup-Paina.tp2 on Notepad or Notepad++ and then search for this line:
    // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da ~~
    Replace it with this:
    // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da ~K_D_H K_D_HE~
    This makes the kit available for humans (H) and half-elves (HE). If you've got a mod that makes the druid available for all races you can add K_D_E K_D_HL K_D_G K_D_D K_D_HO to allow the kit for all races. Have fun.
    After replacing we need to reinstall?

And this kit, using this work around, would be BG2EE only, am I right?
    Necromanx2
    edited January 2017
    @Raduziel

I never actually coded the mod to only install for BG2:EE. If you know what you're doing you could technically delete anything NPC-related and it'd install fine on BG:EE...

...you know what, sod it. Here's what you can do. Put the mod in your BG:EE folder and replace the entire Setup-Paina.tp2 with this copy/paste:
    BACKUP ~Paina/backup~ AUTHOR ~Artemius_I~ AUTO_TRA ~Paina/translations/%s~ LANGUAGE ~English~ ~English~ ~Paina/translations/english/paina.tra~ BEGIN ~Hivemaster Kit~ COPY ~Paina/2da~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/animations~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/audio~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/items~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/spells~ ~override~ INCLUDE ~Paina/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~ ADD_KIT ~C0HIVE~ // appended to CLASWEAP.2da ~C0HIVE 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~ // appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da //11 T S F Q S S //10 W C L U W I //9 B L S O I W A A O N //8 A O H H M A I R C S R G //7 L S M S N O A I R H L T R L H 2 D L 2 E E E E E E E E E E E //6 _ _ S I T G R N K T D H A M E O O O H A E W E E E E E E E E X X X X X X X X X X X //5 S S S B P S A S T D A A A A S L O R S N R S A N W E X X X X X X X X T T T T T T T T T T T //4 W W P L I S R W S E T R G M C P B R M S S G T D L N D E A T T T T T T T T R R R R R R R R R R R //3 O O B E U K A I D O W A D A W G M L E E N A T B B B A I D S A P R R R R R R R R A A A A A A A A A A A //2 R R O A N E X L S R O X S N A E E U A R I C A O O O R N E H P O A A A A A A A A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 //1 D D W R T D E E W D R E W A K R R B R D N E F W W W T G D I O N 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 ~C0HIVE 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // appended to ABCLASRQ.2da ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 12 15~ // appended to ABCLSMOD.2da ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da ~C0HIVE 0 17 0 0 17 17~ // appended to ABDCSCRQ.2da ~C0HIVE 0 15 0 0 15 15~ // appended to ALIGNMNT.2da LG LN LE NG TN NE CG CN CE ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0~ // appended to DUALCLAS.2da ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // path to your CLAB-style 2da file ~Paina/2da/C0HIVECL.2da~ // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da ~K_D_H K_D_HE K_D_E K_D_HL K_D_G K_D_D K_D_HO~ // usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry ~0x08000000 11~ // HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da ~DR0~ // list of starting equipment for PCs starting in ToB. Appended column-wise to 25STWEAP.2da ~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN4,2 POTN14,5 HAM07 SW1H27 STAF08~ // Lower, mixed, and help kit names and descriptions, added to KITLIST.2da SAY ~hivemaster~ SAY ~Hivemaster~ SAY ~HIVEMASTER: The Hivemaster is a druid that focuses on fostering and protecting insects and arachnids, including giant versions thereof. Most commonly stylise themselves after either communal insects, such as ants or bees (hence the name), or predators like spiders, scorpions and dragonflies. Advantages: - Gains immunity to poison. - May cast Web and Spider Spawn as 2nd and 4th level priest spells respectively. - May use the Poison Weapon ability once per day. Gains another use at levels 7 and 14. - 5th level: May shapeshift into a huge spider once per day. - 8th level: May shapeshift into a sword spider once per day. - 14th level: May shapeshift into a wraith spider once per day. Disadvantages: - May not shapeshift into default animal forms.~ LAF fl#add_kit_ee STR_VAR kit_name = C0HIVE hpclass = ~HPPRS~ END COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE1.spl~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Shapeshift: Huge Spider~ SAY NAME2 ~Shapeshift: Huge Spider~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Shapeshift: Huge Spider The hivemaster shapeshifts into a huge spider, gaining the following traits: Strength: 14 Dexterity: 18 Base Armor Class: 8 Number of Attacks: 2 Damage: 1d4 piercing, 1 poison damage per second for 1 round (save vs. poison at +2), hits as a +1 weapon~ COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE2.spl~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Shapeshift: Sword Spider~ SAY NAME2 ~Shapeshift: Sword Spider~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Shapeshift: Sword Spider The hivemaster shapeshifts into a sword spider, gaining the following traits: Strength: 17 Dexterity: 18 Base Armor Class: 7 Number of Attacks: 4 Damage: 1d6 slashing, hits as a +3 weapon~ COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE3.spl~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Shapeshift: Wraith Spider~ SAY NAME2 ~Shapeshift: Wraith Spider~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Shapeshift: Wraith Spider The hivemaster shapeshifts into a wraith spider, gaining the following traits: Strength: 19 Dexterity: 18 Base Armor Class: 6 Number of Attacks: 3 Damage: 1d8 piercing, drains one level and one point of strength for 24 seconds (save vs. poison at -2), hits as a +4 weapon Immunity to normal weapons Regenerates 1 hit point every 12 seconds~ COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE5.spl~ ~override~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Spider Spawn (Conjuration/Summoning) Level: 4 Range: 120 ft. Duration: 6 rounds + 1 round/level Casting Time: 6 Area of Effect: Special Saving Throw: None Upon casting this spell, the hivemaster must throw several spider eggs into the air while saying the final command word. The result is that the eggs morph into a fully grown spider that will remain under the hivemaster's telepathic control. The type of spider that appears depends upon the level of the hivemaster casting the spell. 7th: giant spider. 9th: phase spider. 12th+: sword spider. When the spell is cast, there is a 20% chance that two spiders of the proper type will appear instead of just one. These spiders will remain under the hivemaster's control until they are slain, or until the spell duration expires.~

I coded it partially wrong, you get the first shapeshift at level 1, not 5. You have a lot of useless files that don't get included (basically everything NPC-related) but it'll work. I think. This is a very hamfisted solution.

EDIT: Oh and I think it's self explanatory why I need to say DON'T DO THIS FOR BG2:EE. YOU WILL BREAK PAI'NA.
    Raduziel
    You are a very enlighted soul. Someday I'll buy you a beer for all this trouble.
    Updated. Version 1.2 is fully EET-compatible thanks to assistance from @swit.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited March 2017
    Nice work @Artemius_I. Love druids in general and always wanted this ol 2nd edtion class as an option as well. Will be a great addition. I would have loved to see her in BGEE, needing help against some sword-happy-spider-killin-jackwagon. Something similar to Faldorn, but unlike Faldorn in BG2EE, she is recruitable again.

@Ravenslight has an nice mod crtitterparts I always use that has an ol lady that reminds me of Betty White in the movie Lake Placid. Anyway she is protective of spiders as well.

@Ulb has good mod animal companions gives rangers and druids the chance at a traveling spider companion that is great as well. That will fit in nice when the ol druid gets to BG2EE and meets Pai'Na

True Neutral fits her just fine as it is not always the most well understood alignment when it comes to druids. And since full-blooded drow despise filthy half breed drow, her hatred can be well explained. (usually do half drow gray druid types myself). Thinking as a grey druid, a goddess like lloth that might distort the magnificent spider into a filthy unatural drider could be an additional point of contention.
    Ifin I can get to SoA (restartis n such trying new mods) I'll definitely be looking her up.

Nice.

Is there a way to add her Hivemaster kit for CHARNAME druids like you did with Sirene and the ilmater paladin kit?
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Ravenslight
    @Zaghoul

Is there a way to add her Hivemaster kit for CHARNAME druids like you did with Sirene and the ilmater paladin kit?

For the impatient, here's a brief guide on how to unlock the hivemaster kit for character creation:

Go to the mod folder and open the file Setup-Paina.tp2 on Notepad or Notepad++ and then search for this line:
    // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da
    ~~

Replace it with this:
    // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da
    ~K_D_H K_D_HE~

This makes the kit available for humans (H) and half-elves (HE). If you've got a mod that makes the druid available for all races you can add K_D_E K_D_HL K_D_G K_D_D K_D_HO to allow the kit for all races. Have fun.

There's another solution for BG:EE installs as well:

@Raduziel
    Put the mod in your BG:EE folder and replace the entire Setup-Paina.tp2 with this copy/paste:

BACKUP ~Paina/backup~ AUTHOR ~Artemius_I~ AUTO_TRA ~Paina/translations/%s~ LANGUAGE ~English~ ~English~ ~Paina/translations/english/paina.tra~ BEGIN ~Hivemaster Kit~ COPY ~Paina/2da~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/animations~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/audio~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/items~ ~override~ COPY ~Paina/spells~ ~override~ INCLUDE ~Paina/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~ ADD_KIT ~C0HIVE~ // appended to CLASWEAP.2da ~C0HIVE 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~ // appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da //11 T S F Q S S //10 W C L U W I //9 B L S O I W A A O N //8 A O H H M A I R C S R G //7 L S M S N O A I R H L T R L H 2 D L 2 E E E E E E E E E E E //6 _ _ S I T G R N K T D H A M E O O O H A E W E E E E E E E E X X X X X X X X X X X //5 S S S B P S A S T D A A A A S L O R S N R S A N W E X X X X X X X X T T T T T T T T T T T //4 W W P L I S R W S E T R G M C P B R M S S G T D L N D E A T T T T T T T T R R R R R R R R R R R //3 O O B E U K A I D O W A D A W G M L E E N A T B B B A I D S A P R R R R R R R R A A A A A A A A A A A //2 R R O A N E X L S R O X S N A E E U A R I C A O O O R N E H P O A A A A A A A A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 //1 D D W R T D E E W D R E W A K R R B R D N E F W W W T G D I O N 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 ~C0HIVE 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // appended to ABCLASRQ.2da ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 12 15~ // appended to ABCLSMOD.2da ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da ~C0HIVE 0 17 0 0 17 17~ // appended to ABDCSCRQ.2da ~C0HIVE 0 15 0 0 15 15~ // appended to ALIGNMNT.2da LG LN LE NG TN NE CG CN CE ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0~ // appended to DUALCLAS.2da ~C0HIVE 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // path to your CLAB-style 2da file ~Paina/2da/C0HIVECL.2da~ // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da ~K_D_H K_D_HE K_D_E K_D_HL K_D_G K_D_D K_D_HO~ // usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry ~0x08000000 11~ // HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da ~DR0~ // list of starting equipment for PCs starting in ToB. Appended column-wise to 25STWEAP.2da ~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN4,2 POTN14,5 HAM07 SW1H27 STAF08~ // Lower, mixed, and help kit names and descriptions, added to KITLIST.2da SAY ~hivemaster~ SAY ~Hivemaster~ SAY ~HIVEMASTER: The Hivemaster is a druid that focuses on fostering and protecting insects and arachnids, including giant versions thereof. Most commonly stylise themselves after either communal insects, such as ants or bees (hence the name), or predators like spiders, scorpions and dragonflies. Advantages: - Gains immunity to poison. - May cast Web and Spider Spawn as 2nd and 4th level priest spells respectively. - May use the Poison Weapon ability once per day. Gains another use at levels 7 and 14. - 5th level: May shapeshift into a huge spider once per day. - 8th level: May shapeshift into a sword spider once per day. - 14th level: May shapeshift into a wraith spider once per day. Disadvantages: - May not shapeshift into default animal forms.~ LAF fl#add_kit_ee STR_VAR kit_name = C0HIVE hpclass = ~HPPRS~ END COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE1.spl~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Shapeshift: Huge Spider~ SAY NAME2 ~Shapeshift: Huge Spider~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Shapeshift: Huge Spider The hivemaster shapeshifts into a huge spider, gaining the following traits: Strength: 14 Dexterity: 18 Base Armor Class: 8 Number of Attacks: 2 Damage: 1d4 piercing, 1 poison damage per second for 1 round (save vs. poison at +2), hits as a +1 weapon~ COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE2.spl~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Shapeshift: Sword Spider~ SAY NAME2 ~Shapeshift: Sword Spider~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Shapeshift: Sword Spider The hivemaster shapeshifts into a sword spider, gaining the following traits: Strength: 17 Dexterity: 18 Base Armor Class: 7 Number of Attacks: 4 Damage: 1d6 slashing, hits as a +3 weapon~ COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE3.spl~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Shapeshift: Wraith Spider~ SAY NAME2 ~Shapeshift: Wraith Spider~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Shapeshift: Wraith Spider The hivemaster shapeshifts into a wraith spider, gaining the following traits: Strength: 19 Dexterity: 18 Base Armor Class: 6 Number of Attacks: 3 Damage: 1d8 piercing, drains one level and one point of strength for 24 seconds (save vs. poison at -2), hits as a +4 weapon Immunity to normal weapons Regenerates 1 hit point every 12 seconds~ COPY ~Paina/spells/C0HIVE5.spl~ ~override~ SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Spider Spawn (Conjuration/Summoning) Level: 4 Range: 120 ft. Duration: 6 rounds + 1 round/level Casting Time: 6 Area of Effect: Special Saving Throw: None Upon casting this spell, the hivemaster must throw several spider eggs into the air while saying the final command word. The result is that the eggs morph into a fully grown spider that will remain under the hivemaster's telepathic control. The type of spider that appears depends upon the level of the hivemaster casting the spell. 7th: giant spider. 9th: phase spider. 12th+: sword spider. When the spell is cast, there is a 20% chance that two spiders of the proper type will appear instead of just one. These spiders will remain under the hivemaster's control until they are slain, or until the spell duration expires.~

I coded it partially wrong, you get the first shapeshift at level 1, not 5. You have a lot of useless files that don't get included (basically everything NPC-related) but it'll work. I think. This is a very hamfisted solution.

EDIT: Oh and I think it's self explanatory why I need to say DON'T DO THIS FOR BG2:EE. YOU WILL BREAK PAI'NA.
    Zaghoul
    edited March 2017
    @Artemius_I . Awesome, worked for BGEE :) Muuuhhaahahaahaa, the gray druids continue their spheres of influence in BGEE, hivemasters & oozemasters. Since she was designed to add to BG2EE, that was the main reason for wanting the PC class, for BGEE.

In a way I like the non romancible, romanceable, heck, she dont like too much lovin, idea. Female spiders often eat their mates anyway. Hmm, now that would be a surprise for Pai'na but I spose some unlucky CHARNAME would not like it one bit.
    Ive had several varieties of tarantulas over the years, some are more willing to 'interact' with ppl than others. The goliath bird eater I had DID NOT, hehheh, that lil booger was aggressive to the max.

Makes sense with no romance, as I can imagine that the hivemaster's mind becomes more alien (as regards human thoughts vs spider thoughts) as they progress. I see this in a similar fashion to oozemasters which I love, whose mindset also becomes more alien as they progress. Both having more trouble relating to 'regular' folks in time.
    edited March 2017
    @Artemius_I Ok, spoke to soon.

What I see on BGEE&SoD V2.3 KIT ONLY INSTALL
    I used your cut and replace method of the entire tp file .Looked it installed right on BGEE &SoD 2.3. It added the kit at least.
    Am just now testing it now. Want to do some serious testing, BGEE first with kit.

Poison weapon added at 1st lvl -good on that (seems to do rnd to rnd dmg- unlike BG2EE test)

Shapeshift spider added 1st lvl (i know you already mentioned this should have been 5th) .OK BUT BROKEN
    Shapeshifting breaks the game- starts the motions to shapeshift then locks up and shuts the game down.

Immunity to poison NOT ADDED. -broken

Saw web added as 2nd lvl spell in advance -good on that

Good you check that replace tp file please? Would like to try kit in BGEE SoD v.2.3

Notes on BG2EE install notes for PC class

Replaced lines in tp file with ~K_D_H K_D_HE~ good on that added kit.

Poison weapon ability there but only does )2hp a hit, did not see Saving throw numbers of imoen when tested on her) NO rnd to rnd damage(is this intended?)

Web and spider swarm added(love SSwarm description).
    A base druid starts at 8th lvl but could summon Phase spiders in stead of Huge, description says phase starts at 9th)
    Spiders did not poison, not sure if this is as intended

Immunity to Poison - good on that

Added a standalone hivemaster kit mod at the end of the main post... because the workaround I added before led to too many broken things to salvage.
    Zaghoul
    @Artemius_I Nailed it right smack on the head this time, fantastic. Thanks for the tireless work on the update. :)
    edited March 2017
    Zaghoul said:

@Artemius_I Nailed it right smack on the head this time, fantastic. Thanks for the tireless work on the update. :)

Almost. :)

@Artemius_I On a side note
    I am wondering if Pai'Na is immune to web in her spider form. The HM is not in spider form(BG or BG2) while the 'real' summoned spiders are. I know the avenger's spider form is as well (EDIT:tested).

Do you know how this was made to happen code-wise?
    Maybe it would be easier to just give the HM blanket web immunity to fit the classes natural affinity for spiders n such. Esp with the orignal Pai'Na sitting right in the middle of one GIANT web.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    Hi,
    I like your mod, and i have a technical question, how you can add and create new paperdolls for various spider forms ? How do you know the reference name of the bam files ?