Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Have you tried downloading the specific mods yourself? Maybe the server you're downloading from is slow.
  • TranscendedOneTranscendedOne Member Posts: 25
    I tried downloading most of them via the installer in bulk. Would you know the links as to where to download WEDIU or a place where i could individually be able to do it? As for server, wouldn't know as i can't select it.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited May 2017
    You can take any setup-blablamod.exe from a mod that is updated to Weidu 2.40 (e.g. Unfinished Business) make a copy of it and rename it Weidu.exe. This is all you need from Weidu unless you want to create mods yourself for which you can go here http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html#hevea_default444

BTW - all weidu.exe files will automatically update to the latest version if you have at least one mod in your install that is up-to-date in this respect.
    If i'm hearing you straight. So you download the mod and copy an extra of that mods .exe as weidu.exe and i'm good to go from there on out when installing other weidu mods? Got any sort of video tutorials or any of the sort.
    Not exactly. If you download a mod, it normally contains everything you need to do a Weidu install.

Just take Unfinished Business as an example
    You download a zip file and extract it to your game folder (or let BWS do it for you)
    There is a folder *UB* now with the mod contents and a file called setup-ub.exe (This is the Weidu file for this mod which executes all the install commands from a tp2 file inside the mod). Running the setup-ub.exe will install or uninstall the mod.

There are occasions and functions where you may have need for a Weidu.exe not associated with any mod (troubleshooting with change-log, compiling and decompiling scripts or dialogues, etc) . This is what I said in my earlier post: you can take any of the setups, copy and rename it.
    Sorry for the confusion - I probably misunderstood your question about why you want to download Weidu.
    Thanks for the insight. Do you have skype or discord where we can IM or talk via voice so i can get this situation settled?
    No, I don't have such.
    If you still need any files that BWS wants to download, there a different sites that provide you with the links - but you can also consult BWS itself.
    Go to the Big World Setup folder Big World Setup/Config/Global. You find a large number of ini files, one for each mod that BWS supports. Open the one which interests you with some text editor and look for the line saying Down=(address). There you have the download address for the mod.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've learned to accept the slow download speed as normal. I basically leave it on all day, checking in on it every now and then to make sure it's not stalling anywhere, and it usually takes 2 days to complete.

I've learned to accept the slow download speed as normal. I basically leave it on all day, checking in on it every now and then to make sure it's not stalling anywhere, and it usually takes 2 days to complete.

You need not download all the mods all the time. If you keep the packed mods in the download folder you create for BWS and you re-use the same folder next time again, the tool recognises the stuff you already have and will only download updated mods or new mods you add to your selection. Exception - mods hosted on github and for which BWS cannot determine version and size are always downloaded.
  • MaobearMaobear Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    Running into this error when installing:

##### Enhanced Edition Trilogy End #####
    The mod was not found.
    After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Retry and Continue just fail again. Exit just quits the application.

The component is set to skip in the mod list.

I have BG2:EE / Enhanced Edition Trilogy selected. I just want to play BG2:EE with mods!

[UPDATE] I was able to get around this by editing User.ini (after saving the mod selection) and changing the EET_END line to "EET_End=0" (there were 2 of these lines for me)
    Post edited by Maobear on
    As the name suggests, EET_end is only needed for EET installs. If you do an EET install, this module is automatically created by the EET itself based on the mods you have selected.
    So for BG2EE + mods you do not need it (BWS error to look for it).
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526

As the name suggests, EET_end is only needed for EET installs. If you do an EET install, this module is automatically created by the EET itself based on the mods you have selected.

Yes, but the problem is, BSW is insisting on installing EET. I, for one, simply could not uncheck EET files on mod-selection screens and had to manually install all the mods I needed.
    Mirandel said:

Yes, but the problem is, BSW is insisting on installing EET. I, for one, simply could not uncheck EET files on mod-selection screens and had to manually install all the mods I needed.
    BWS at this time has lost the two dedicated maintainers who kept the tool alive in the past. Without them, BWS is in large part a mystery for anyone trying updates.

This is a real shame as the modding scene is active like not in a long time (due to the EE and EET being a new platform now). For those new to the tool, it is not a good moment to start. Those who used it before may still find their workarounds, like @Maobear above.

The current discussion about BWS status are here:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28740&hl=
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-207#entry595180
  • Maobear said:

Running into this error when installing:

##### Enhanced Edition Trilogy End #####
    The mod was not found.
    After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Retry and Continue just fail again. Exit just quits the application.

The component is set to skip in the mod list.

I have BG2:EE / Enhanced Edition Trilogy selected. I just want to play BG2:EE with mods!

[UPDATE] I was able to get around this by editing User.ini (after saving the mod selection) and changing the EET_END line to "EET_End=0" (there were 2 of these lines for me)
    I just kept telling it to continue. After the third time, it continued as normal.

• brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    sad to hear about BWS as just started using it and enjoy my EET run so far with all the mods working great
  • PrinceOfDoomPrinceOfDoom Member Posts: 17
    Question. I run my BG2EE in patch 1.3 using the beta opt in thing on steam. For the most recent updates of mods, is there any I should actively update to the newest 2.0 ones for? I am quite curious. Currently just going to keep running on it, and not worry too much, but is there any reason to update to 2.0+? I don't want any of the fixes or changes later to mess with my game.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited June 2017
    @PrinceOfDoom Mods tend to assume that you're running the game at the most recent patch version. There are several mods that require v2.0 or higher (e.g. the majority of available GUI mods and an increasing number of new or recently updated mods), while other mods may cause more subtle issues (such as incorrectly working spells or items).

The 2.0 patch introduced a great number of useful features to modders, so it's likely that many mods will require the latest patch sooner or later. You should inspect the readmes of the mods you want to install to make sure.
    edited June 2017
    argent77 said:

@PrinceOfDoom Mods tend to assume that you're running the game at the most recent patch version. There are several mods that require v2.0 or higher (e.g. the majority of available GUI mods and an increasing number of new or recently updated mods), while other mods may cause more subtle issues (such as incorrectly working spells or items).

The 2.0 patch introduced a great number of useful features to modders, so it's likely that many mods will require the latest patch sooner or later. You should inspect the readmes of the mods you want to install to make sure.

- If you plan to do a new install with mods added to it, you should use the latest game version for the very reasons that @argent77 has provided.

- If you plan to do an update while in a playthrough and want to continue afterwards, well, don't do it, you will have all kinds of issues.

- If you want to do a new install with the old version
    You should inspect the readmes of the mods you want to install to make sure.
    , this may help, but in most cases this detail may not be provided, especially more recent mods simply assume the latest version as a given.
  • pvddrpvddr Member Posts: 38
    Hey, I have a question.

I recently used BWS to install a bunch of mods and start a new EET run, and I found myself gaining bg1-levels of XP when learning scrolls, opening locks and disarming traps in BG2 (so in Irenicus' dungeon I'd get 20 XP for memorizing a lvl 1 scroll and like 37 for disarming a trap). I'm pretty sure I did not select any of the mods that explicitly said they would lower XP given in any way, so my question is, is there a mod that happens to also do this that I might have installed? Is there a way to find out which mod is doing this? And is there a way to remove just that mod or do I have to reinstall everything?

Thank you

pvddr said:

Hey, I have a question.

I recently used BWS to install a bunch of mods and start a new EET run, and I found myself gaining bg1-levels of XP when learning scrolls, opening locks and disarming traps in BG2 (so in Irenicus' dungeon I'd get 20 XP for memorizing a lvl 1 scroll and like 37 for disarming a trap). I'm pretty sure I did not select any of the mods that explicitly said they would lower XP given in any way, so my question is, is there a mod that happens to also do this that I might have installed? Is there a way to find out which mod is doing this? And is there a way to remove just that mod or do I have to reinstall everything?

Thank you

For this question you would need to post your weidu.log from the BG2EE folder which lists the mods and mod components you have installed (multiple options for this, your odd xp numbers also indicate that you have a feature to reduce xps by some percentage).
    edited June 2017

pvddr said:

For this question you would need to post your weidu.log from the BG2EE folder which lists the mods and mod components you have installed (multiple options for this, your odd xp numbers also indicate that you have a feature to reduce xps by some percentage).

Here it is. There is a "restore xp for minor things" component but I think that only applies to like 3 ToB things that had incorrect XP?

Can you find what it is?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24000
    ~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expert Component In Selection: cdtweaks(+)
    ~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Expert Component In Selection: cdtweaks(3141)
    ~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #2 // 20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started Thu 06/08/2017)
    ~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC8
    ~EET_CORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core EET (game importation): 1.0 RC8
    ~DRUIDGROVEMAKEOVER/SETUP-DRUIDGROVEMAKEOVER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Druid Grove Area Visual Makeover
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Sunfire power levels: v2.1
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
    ~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: v13 BWP Fix
    ~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II: v11 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Revised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades): v40 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Revised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades): v40 BWP Fix
    ~SWORDAP/SETUP-SWORDAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Haer'Dalis' swords (special for Kania): v2 BWP Fix
    ~TIAX/SETUP-TIAX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tiax NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v4 BWP Fix
    ~LUCY/SETUP-LUCY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Lucy the Wyvern: v4 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-SLANDOR.TP2~ #1 #0 // The Minotaur and Lilacor: 1.6 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Restored Locations: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #1 // Restored Characters and Dialogs: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #2 // Restored Sounds: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Restored Items: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #4 // Restored Wish Options: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #5 // Restored XP for Minor Things: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #6 // Lich Deril: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #7 // Restored Random Encounters: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #8 // Minor Restorations: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #11 // Restored Final Slayer Dream: v8.2.8
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #13 // Restored Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene: v8.2.8
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v26
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v26
    ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Extended Reynald Sequence: v3.2 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw: v3.2 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns: v3.2 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home: v3.2 BWP Fix
    ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Nazariel The Lich: v3.2 BWP Fix
    ~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thrown Hammers: v6.0.3
    ~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Thrown Spiritual Hammers: v6.0.3
    ~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Normal throwing hammers: v6.0.3
    ~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #35 // +1 throwing weapons: v6.0.3
    ~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Additional magic items: v6.0.3
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: Beta 5 BWP Fix
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Allow Yeslick to use axes: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8042 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Almost-maximum difficulty (maximum for everything except liches): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #400 // Prevent silent prebuffs: v2.1
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #1000 // The Gloves of Goodman Hayes: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #1010 // The Manual of War: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Prepared Wishes: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Appropriate XP Rewards for Cowled Enforcers: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2020 // No Item Deprecation: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Identify all store items: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Fix Wild Mage Items and Spells: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Prevent Wish Spells from Interrupting Caster: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Drop Equipment on Disintegration: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Drop Equipment on Petrification: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Drop Equipment on Imprisonment: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence): 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Treat all Psionic Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence): 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Treat all Bardsong Effects as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic): 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Remove Delay from Improved Haste Spells: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Charisma has a stronger Effect on Store Prices: 1.7
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Familiars can sort magical scrolls: 1.7
    ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 1: v2.1
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Adjust total XP CAP: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Adjust familiar death consequences: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Remove junk from global scripts: 1.3
    ~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finalise EET (last mod in install order)
    ~AREA_PATCHER/SETUP-AREA_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Area Patcher: ALPHA 16
    ~AREA_PATCHER/SETUP-AREA_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #2001 // Fix AR2300 Script - Prevent infinite loop after Sahuagin king dies: ALPHA 16
    ~AREA_PATCHER/SETUP-AREA_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #2003 // Fix AR0406 Script - Remove Lord Jierdan from Copper Coronet after Windspear Hills battle: ALPHA 16
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Marker: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #100 // Gives some original game items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #101 // Gives some Big Picture items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #102 // Gives some CtB items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #103 // Gives some Huple NPC items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #104 // Gives some Iylos items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #105 // Gives some Keto items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #106 // Gives some Kim items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #107 // Gives some Kivan and Deheriana items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #108 // Gives some Lena items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #109 // Gives some Les Exiles de Lunargent items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #110 // Gives some Ninde items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #111 // Gives some Skie ReDone items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #112 // Gives some TDD items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #113 // Gives some Tashia items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~ITEM_PATCHER/SETUP-ITEM_PATCHER.TP2~ #0 #115 // Gives some TS items the Droppable Flag: ALPHA 3
    ~THEPICTURESTANDARD/THEPICTURESTANDARD.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Main -> Vanilla: 0.71
    ~THEPICTURESTANDARD/THEPICTURESTANDARD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Followers -> Vanilla: 0.71
    ~THEPICTURESTANDARD/THEPICTURESTANDARD.TP2~ #0 #22000 // Siege of Dragonspear -> Vanilla: 0.71
    ~LIGHTINGPACK/SETUP-LIGHTINGPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shader script files for lighting control -> Moderately increased contrast, brightness and gamma (recommended): v2.4
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #161 // Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #583 // Choose a class for Viconia -> Make Viconia a cleric/thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #621 // Choose a class for Neera -> Make Neera a sorcerer: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #702 // Choose a class for Valygar -> Make Valygar a multiclass fighter/thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #761 // Choose a class for Mazzy -> Make Mazzy a fighter/cleric: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #2000 // NPC kit choices: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #3000 // multiclass kit choice: v2.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

Post edited by pvddr on
    I was looking for a component like this from EET Tweaks *Adjust XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking *. There are a number of other mods which offer similar components. Looks like you have none of them.

How would you like to do adjust XP for Disarming Traps, Lockpicking and Spell learning?
    1] Use XP values from BG1 (default)
    2] Use XP values from BG2
    3] Vanilla friendly progressive
    4] Disable XP for disarming traps, lockpicking, spell learning
    5] Custom value~

You probably wanted to install this with option 4 rather.

You can modify with Near Infinity the file XPBonus.2da. Set the values to what you want or set them to 0 if that is your choice.

Ah that worked, thanks!
    Got a problem with obtaining and installing the Edwin Romance. Currently it comes in three parts, SOA, TOB, and Flirtpack. The files are up as executables on the source website. BWS isn't recognizing them and the option to install the TOB section isn't there in the setup.

Can we get a fix on this? The old file dL location is defunct and gone. Currently trying a workaround of making my own .zip files for it. Wish me luck.
    Also note: The recent uploads of RR and Atweaks that BWS downloads don't have their respective .exes in their .zip files. Don't know if this is good or bad but just added them from the .exe installers to the zip files.
  • VicqVicq Member Posts: 73
    SHSForums.net is down again and many mods for Big World Setup are to be downloaded from this site. So BWS and EET are unusable now! I have tried to find the missing mods at other servers but (1) I found only old versions, or (2) I did not found anything. The horrible situation!
    Gibberlings3.net works but many needed mods from "Mod Compatibility List for EET" seems to be only in Spellhold Studios servers.
    Vicq said:

SHSForums.net is down again and many mods for Big World Setup are to be downloaded from this site. So BWS and EET are unusable now! I have tried to find the missing mods at other servers but (1) I found only old versions, or (2) I did not found anything. The horrible situation!
    Gibberlings3.net works but many needed mods from "Mod Compatibility List for EET" seems to be only in Spellhold Studios servers.

SHS is back again.
    It might be useful to place BSW mods on Nexus, for example. Then current (for BSW) versions would be available at any given time.
    Mirandel said:

It might be useful to place BSW mods on Nexus, for example. Then current (for BSW) versions would be available at any given time.

All this has been discussed after the last SHS downtime (which was some weeks). The thing is that BWS is just a tool to install mods (and help you download them). It does not provide a mod database, nor can it. Where a mod is hosted is sole decision of the mad maker. Having a copy somewhere will create a lot of consistency problems for mods that are still maintained and updated.
    A lot of modders have moved their mods to github now, but you cannot force anyone to do that. Still, SHS is better than putting mods on some download sites that require interactions or that delete mods that are not downloaded for some time period. BWS cannot handle such stuff at all.

Mirandel said:

All this has been discussed after the last SHS downtime (which was some weeks). The thing is that BWS is just a tool to install mods (and help you download them). It does not provide a mod database, nor can it. Where a mod is hosted is sole decision of the mad maker. Having a copy somewhere will create a lot of consistency problems for mods that are still maintained and updated.
    A lot of modders have moved their mods to github now, but you cannot force anyone to do that. Still, SHS is better than putting mods on some download sites that require interactions or that delete mods that are not downloaded for some time period. BWS cannot handle such stuff at all.
    Missed that discussion and totally understand the problem, but (!) still not convinced. Tool as it is, BWS provides list of the mods it supports and means to resolve conflicts between those mods of particular versions. Too many times I personally had "the version is supposed to be N but you have N+1 - should we apply BSW patch anyway?" lines. BSW is always a step behind (for understandable reasons). Should BSW had it's own place (page on Nexus, which already exists, btw) with collection of supported mod's versions also right there - those conflicts would never exist. After all, all modders agreed to participate in BSW, why would anyone refuse to see one of the version of their mods available for download on another mirror?