Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017
    Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

I've just finished installing the recommended package for BG2EE only + some of the "maximized" quest mods, but I hit a few snags when installing.

The first issue was that "Tales of the Deep Gardens" were missing a couple of files to install successfully:
    map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

They were missing from the "worldmap" folder inside the mod in question. I was able to find them in a old Worldmap mod forum thread. placed them in the right folder and it installed *i hope* successfully.

The next error I got was from one of the extra quest mods I picked. "Deep Gnomes on the Sword Coast" with the error: Failure("resource [EDWINJ_.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

I thought, "that's no biggie, just a small quest mod", so I continued the installation without it.

Then at the end I get this message:
    ##### Enhanced Edition Trilogy End #####
    The mod was not found.
    After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

I picked retry a couple of times with no luck. I then had to pick continue 3 times for it to finish the installation.

I'm just wondering if my installation is ok to start playing. I have attached the WeiDU.log and install debug log.

*edit*
    Found this in the debug log as well:

ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub") in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=immunity_to_opcode, arguments=109 157
    ERROR: [M#YDEMON.CRE] -> [override/M#YDEMON.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

Failed to patch M#YDEMON.CRE; error message was Invalid_argument("String.sub")

Looks like you try to install EET-only mods or mod versions (e.g. Deep Gnomes) on a BG2EE only install. Thus the errors.
    With Deep Gnomes I figured as much, but what about the missing files for Tales of the Deep Gardens and the rest?

Except for those 2 quest mods, everything seems to look ok?
    Tales of the Deep Gardens >> I know the new mod version is just a few days old and some issues were found and resolved just yesterday. Most likely your download was prior to that fix.

For the rest
    The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Deepgnomes on the Sword Coast
    Component: Deepgnomes of the Sword Coast for EET >>> clear

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
    Component: NPCs go to inns >>>maybe covered by another mod already
    "NPC's go to inns" is already a feature in BG2 I think. Maybe that's why it wasn't installed.

I'm pretty sure I got the latest version of Deep Gardens. V12.1.
    I updated BWS today before installing the recommended mods.
    Maybe I was mistaken, *Deep Gardens* belongs to the Colours of Infinity collection of mods - all of them have been updated and one of them had the worldmap issue. Sorry for confusion.
    The error in your previous log indicates that some files were simply missing (or are in some other subfolder of the mod?). If I understand what the mod does, those files are created by a function during mod internal installation. It is possible that this function itself has a coding error. Not related to BWS in this case.
    edited July 2017

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

I've just finished installing the recommended package for BG2EE only + some of the "maximized" quest mods, but I hit a few snags when installing.

The first issue was that "Tales of the Deep Gardens" were missing a couple of files to install successfully:
    map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

They were missing from the "worldmap" folder inside the mod in question. I was able to find them in a old Worldmap mod forum thread. placed them in the right folder and it installed *i hope* successfully.

The next error I got was from one of the extra quest mods I picked. "Deep Gnomes on the Sword Coast" with the error: Failure("resource [EDWINJ_.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

I thought, "that's no biggie, just a small quest mod", so I continued the installation without it.

The mod was not found.

I picked retry a couple of times with no luck. I then had to pick continue 3 times for it to finish the installation.

I'm just wondering if my installation is ok to start playing. I have attached the WeiDU.log and install debug log.

*edit*

ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub") in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=immunity_to_opcode, arguments=109 157
    ERROR: [M#YDEMON.CRE] -> [override/M#YDEMON.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Looks like you try to install EET-only mods or mod versions (e.g. Deep Gnomes) on a BG2EE only install. Thus the errors.
    With Deep Gnomes I figured as much, but what about the missing files for Tales of the Deep Gardens and the rest?

Tales of the Deep Gardens >> I know the new mod version is just a few days old and some issues were found and resolved just yesterday. Most likely your download was prior to that fix.

For the rest

"NPC's go to inns" is already a feature in BG2 I think. Maybe that's why it wasn't installed.

Maybe I was mistaken, *Deep Gardens* belongs to the Colours of Infinity collection of mods - all of them have been updated and one of them had the worldmap issue. Sorry for confusion.
    The error in your previous log indicates that some files were simply missing (or are in some other subfolder of the mod?). If I understand what the mod does, those files are created by a function during mod internal installation. It is possible that this function itself has a coding error. Not related to BWS in this case.
    One thing you can try (other then to contact the modder):
    See if another mod has this file
    add_worldmap_tbl.tpa
    If yes and it's different/newer, copy that version to ToTD/worldmap/

or use the attachment and remove the .txt extension required to post it here.
  • StongaStonga Member Posts: 17

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

The mod was not found.

*edit*

For the rest

add_worldmap_tbl.tpa

I found that file in 4 mod folders inside my BG2EE install folder.
    The White Queen
    Innershade
    Elistrae's Song
    Tales of the Deep Gardens

The filesize is the same for all 4 mods, but much smaller than the one you posted.

Do you want me to revert my installation and try again?
    Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

The mod was not found.

*edit*

For the rest

add_worldmap_tbl.tpa

The White Queen
    Innershade
    Elistrae's Song

The filesize is the same for all 4 mods, but much smaller than the one you posted.

I suggest you contact the mod author rather. Mine was just an idea about what I would do myself for troubleshooting. But if 3 mods work with that file and 1 doesn't, then the issue probably is something else.
    Stonga
    edited July 2017

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

The mod was not found.

*edit*

For the rest

add_worldmap_tbl.tpa

The White Queen
    Innershade
    Elistrae's Song

I suggest you contact the mod author rather. Mine was just an idea about what I would do myself for troubleshooting. But if 3 mods work with that file and 1 doesn't, then the issue probably is something else.
    I have sent an E-mail to the mod author about my issue. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

Thanks again for helping me. You're the only one in this thread that respond.
    Post edited by Stonga on
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

The mod was not found.

*edit*

For the rest

add_worldmap_tbl.tpa

The White Queen
    Innershade
    Elistrae's Song

I have sent an E-mail to the mod author about my issue. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

One of the reason for inactivity can be absence of those who take care of BWS tool now. They (and an active discussion) can be found here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/
    semiticgoddess
    Mirandel said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

The mod was not found.

*edit*

For the rest

add_worldmap_tbl.tpa

The White Queen
    Innershade
    Elistrae's Song

One of the reason for inactivity can be absence of those who take care of BWS tool now. They (and an active discussion) can be found here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/
    @Mirandel
    The thread you pointed to has been the support and troubleshooting platform for (large) modded installs since started in 2013. It helped thousands of players to get the game they wanted and solved uncountable problems in modded (and vanilla) games. It is one of the most valuable sources for knowledge of mods and their problems that I know of.
    BWS as a tool may now be very close to its end, it seems. It's written in some exotic programming language nobody seems to know nowadays and wasn't even a good choice from the start. With much effort a final step to advance it for EE/EET was made which again has shown the weaknesses of the underlying concept/technology.
    Now many hope and pray for a successor to emerge soon.

For my next very big EET install which is due in a couple of weeks, I am almost sure I will just use it to download and unpack/patch the mods for me before I stop it and do the actual finetuning and installation by hand.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @PaulaMigrate

BWS as a tool may now be very close to its end, it seems. It's written in some exotic programming language nobody seems to know nowadays and wasn't even a good choice from the start. With much effort a final step to advance it for EE/EET was made which again has shown the weaknesses of the underlying concept/technology.

It was perfect choice from the start because it allow for rapid development. The Language itself is not main problem. The weaknesses are in weidu/community related stuff. Even best piece of software/technology cannot fix problems if the roots lie inside things which you cannot change/improve. But atleast now I know what to do in order to make things better :smiley:
    edited July 2017

Mirandel said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

Some followup questions.

map_mod_links.tbl
    map_mod_trans.tbl

The mod was not found.

*edit*

For the rest

add_worldmap_tbl.tpa

The White Queen
    Innershade
    Elistrae's Song

@Mirandel
    The thread you pointed to has been the support and troubleshooting platform for (large) modded installs since started in 2013. It helped thousands of players to get the game they wanted and solved uncountable problems in modded (and vanilla) games. It is one of the most valuable sources for knowledge of mods and their problems that I know of.

For my next very big EET install which is due in a couple of weeks, I am almost sure I will just use it to download and unpack/patch the mods for me before I stop it and do the actual finetuning and installation by hand.
    Installing everything by hand sounds like a troublesome project. How do you know what order to install everything and know if everything is working as it should?

I finished BGEE last night with the recommended mod installation from BWS. Hadn't played BG since the release of TotSC, so 18 years? It was fun to play through it again with the added content from BGEE and mods. I'm currently doing a playthrough of SOD with the same party from the original campaign.

I have a question though. If I decided to do a EET install to continue my adventure into BG2EE instead of modding it as a single game, would I be able to use my savegame from the end of SOD or do I need to start with a fresh save again?

Does EET have more mod compatibility than modding each game separately? What are the pros and cons for EET vs modding the games separately and vice versa?
    Stonga said:

I have a question though. If I decided to do a EET install to continue my adventure into BG2EE instead of modding it as a single game, would I be able to use my savegame from the end of SOD or do I need to start with a fresh save again?

Does EET have more mod compatibility than modding each game separately? What are the pros and cons for EET vs modding the games separately and vice versa?

@Stonga Please ask such question at dedicated EET forum. EET has more mods.
    ALIEN said:

Stonga said:

Would not be sure about that - "EET has more mods". AFAIK, there are still many "classical" mods not adapted to EET. And I am not sure I know some made exclusively for EET only.
    edited July 2017
    Installing everything by hand sounds like a troublesome project. How do you know what order to install everything and know if everything is working as it should?

a) I did it a lot of times before
    b) I follow the install order the BWS would use, I read the select.txt file for my game or a Weidu.log of an older install
    c) there is a debug.log of every mod that is installed, I can consult it if I have doubts

You cannot use saves from one game on another game. The resources and dialog.tlk references differ.

EET supports these mods http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&hl= - the list is constantly growing. You will find mods and combinations that are not available for the split game.
    The pros are listed here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27752
    The cons? EET supports everything the separated games have, it adds but takes nothing away. Cons - you have to install it, it doesn't come from beamdog.
    edited July 2017
    Mirandel said:

ALIEN said:

Stonga said:

Would not be sure about that - "EET has more mods". AFAIK, there are still many "classical" mods not adapted to EET. And I am not sure I know some made exclusively for EET only.
    I have played BGT for as long as it existed until the time EET was released.
    There are mods you call *classical* that are not (yet) EET compatible. I still wait to find the one however that I'm missing. Suggestions?
    The ones exclusive for EET don't get any mentioning on beamdog lists, maybe that's why you are not aware of them:

Some examples
    - EET Tweaks (only a small subset is available for other games)
    - Dark Side of the Sword Coast renovated version
    - Northern Tales of the Sword Coast renovated version
    - SoD Banter restoration
    - Deep Gnomes of the Sword Coast
    - Extended and enhanced version of Chloe
    - Longer Road
    - Move Items to SoA Tweak
    - Sandrah NPC
    - Return to Faerun
    - Time of Troubles Revisited
    - Expanded Thief Stronghold
    - The Vault EE
    - Enhanced versions of the Drizzt related mods (Drizzt Saga and Region of Terror)
    - One consistent gamewide large BP-BGT Worldmap throughout
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    All that is required to add EET Mods to the list is report them in the mods list threads themselves. Maybe we could even open a new list thread as they require both games...

b) I follow the install order the BWS would use, I read the select.txt file for my game or a Weidu.log of an older install
    c) there is a debug.log of every mod that is installed, I can consult it if I have doubts

You cannot use saves from one game on another game. The resources and dialog.tlk references differ.

EET supports these mods http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&hl= - the list is constantly growing. You will find mods and combinations that are not available for the split game.
    The pros are listed here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27752
    The cons? EET supports everything the separated games have, it adds but takes nothing away. Cons - you have to install it, it doesn't come from beamdog.
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. EET is a BG2EE mod, right? So if I did a EET install, I would start my BGEE playthrough from BG2EE, correct?
    Stonga said:

Let me see if I understand this correctly. EET is a BG2EE mod, right? So if I did a EET install, I would start my BGEE playthrough from BG2EE, correct?
    No.
    EET installs on BG2EE but it *imports* the BG1 resources. You can select to start your game
    - at Candlekeep
    - at SoD start
    - at BG2 start
    - at Tob start
    - in the pits (separate)

In each case you can play the game continously from that starting point (including return to all parts of the game you have explored from later parts). The ultimate way to use EET is to start at Candlekeep and play all the way through, using one set of rules, one map, one chapter sequence and journal and continuos NPCs.
    Stongasemiticgoddess

No, you would start from any campaign which you want: BG1, SoD, BG2, ToB, BP1,BP2.
    edited July 2017

Stonga said:

No.
    EET installs on BG2EE but it *imports* the BG1 resources. You can select to start your game
    - at Candlekeep
    - at SoD start
    - at BG2 start
    - at Tob start
    - in the pits (separate)

In each case you can play the game continously from that starting point (including return to all parts of the game you have explored from later parts). The ultimate way to use EET is to start at Candlekeep and play all the way through, using one set of rules, one map, one chapter sequence and journal and continuos NPCs.
    I figured that, but you start your Candlekeep adventure through the BG2EE game menu? That's what I'm asking. You never have to start the BGEE executable.
    Stonga said:

Stonga said:

No.
    - at Candlekeep
    - at SoD start
    - at BG2 start
    - at Tob start
    - in the pits (separate)

I figured that, but you start your Candlekeep adventure through the BG2EE game menu? That's what I'm asking. You never have to start the BGEE executable.
    You start your game through the EET game menu which is launched from baldur.exe in the BG2EE folder (or the shortcut to it on your desktop).
    Stonga
    edited July 2017

Stonga said:

Stonga said:

No.
    - at Candlekeep
    - at SoD start
    - at BG2 start
    - at Tob start
    - in the pits (separate)

You start your game through the EET game menu which is launched from baldur.exe in the BG2EE folder (or the shortcut to it on your desktop).
    Alright. Thanks for the help. Everyone. I thought TES and Fallout modding was complicated. This is another step up. :)

Even though I have just finished BGEE with mods, I think I will start a new playthrough with an EET install. I spent 90 hours to complete BGEE with mods.
    edited July 2017

Mirandel said:

ALIEN said:

Stonga said:

I have played BGT for as long as it existed until the time EET was released.
    There are mods you call *classical* that are not (yet) EET compatible. I still wait to find the one however that I'm missing. Suggestions?
    "Classical" might be a strong word, more like "old and I used to have them". And most of them are NC mods, like Weimer's Solaufein Romance mod, for example. Can name 3 more NPCs (and some expantions for BW NPCs) that did not make it into EET and I am too used to have around to play without them.

So, for me EET does take away and can not compensate for the loss.

The ones exclusive for EET don't get any mentioning on beamdog lists, maybe that's why you are not aware of them:

Very well can be! Though, at least some mods listed by you either were only adapted to EET, not created for it or resurrected in EET version but still obtainable for single games. For EET some additional content probably was written (or was written for sure) but mods itself exist for BG2 too - like Chloe or Expanded Thief Stronghold. It is not exclusive, you do not need EET to get BG2 only version of it.

edited July 2017
    And most of them are NC mods, like Weimer's Solaufein Romance mod, for example. Can name 3 more NPCs (and some expantions for BW NPCs) that did not make it into EET and I am too used to have around to play without them.

To make an NPC mod that is already compliant with BG2EE useable in EET, you need two minutes for conversion (mostly chapter references) for which a tool is available. This can be done by BWFixpack as interim or (better) by the moddder himself. For BGEE compliant NPCs you don't even need that. Obviously nobody was yet interested in those you miss, they don't do such things at EET without the author's permission.
    On the list I gave for EET mods there are at least 5 that are exclusively created for EET. Those alone add more contents to the game (quests, NPCs, areas, items, dialogues, interactions, romances, creatures, antagonists etc) than even SoD does.

And most of them are NC mods, like Weimer's Solaufein Romance mod, for example. Can name 3 more NPCs (and some expantions for BW NPCs) that did not make it into EET and I am too used to have around to play without them.

To make an NPC mod that is already compliant with BG2EE useable in EET, you need two minutes for conversion (mostly chapter references) for which a tool is available. This can be done by BWFixpack as interim or (better) by the moddder himself. For BGEE compliant NPCs you don't even need that. Obviously nobody was yet interested in those you miss, they don't do such things at EET without the author's permission.
    It's kind of contradictory statements within one sentence - "obviously nobody was yet interested" and "they don't do such things at EET without the author's permission".
    But anyway, considering authors of the mods I like, it's the latter case (inability to get permission). Which is sad.

I have to admit, I never played BGT or EET. My one time attempt to install it (with BWS support) was a mess. And lately every time I use BWS it gives me some unexpected bugs in the game, while installation looks smooth and does not report any errors. If I could be sure it's possible to install everything manually - and include pure BG2EE mods in it - I would even risk to try.

On the list I gave for EET mods there are at least 5 that are exclusively created for EET. Those alone add more contents to the game (quests, NPCs, areas, items, dialogues, interactions, romances, creatures, antagonists etc) than even SoD does.

Listed exclusives do not look tempting (to me) but I would not mind to play my usual configuration in EET mod. The problem is - installation and (as you said) ability to adapt/use mods I need (do not think anyone would freak out if I touch some mod for a personal use without public uploading). Can you link some instructions of how to fix EE mods to make them compatible with EET?
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    If the mods are working on EE games already than getting them to work with EET isn't that hard with the tools provided by k4thos. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27751 you'll find the tool in the EET folder.

I've given Wings an EET fix and sent through a message to the mod author. One day the changes might get adapted.... Plus I've done the same to a Monk mod and it installed for the person having problems trying to get it to work with EET. (haven't tested it myself and those changes were passed along to author as well).
    It is quite a difference to say *I would even risk to try* and *play my usual configuration* vs claiming that additional exclusive stuff does not exist in EET. You don't try it so you can't judge it.
    The forum is full of judgements about mods from people who didn't even play them and copy their opinion from someone else who didn't play it as well.

"obviously nobody was yet interested" and "they don't do such things at EET without the author's permission".
    This is not a contradiction, but mods are not included in EET and thus BWS if not an *official* EET version is provided, either by the author or by someone who cares to arrange this with the author. For private use you can easily do it yourself with the EET_modConverter you find in the EET mod's download.
    Forgot to mention
    Another point why mod conpatibility for EET needs author's involvement is that a patch is only valid for the version it was made for. If a new version of the mod fis released, without changes related to EET, the patch becomes obsolete.
    Therefore the BWS and EET people don't do such things. It's modders decision where they want their mods to be played.

It is quite a difference to say *I would even risk to try* and *play my usual configuration* vs claiming that additional exclusive stuff does not exist in EET. You don't try it so you can't judge it.

This is exactly why I said "AFAIK" (as far as I know), and your list kind of re-enforced my statement "I doubt there are more mods for EET than for stand alone games" - there are some mods compatible with EET only but even them mostly versions of previously existed mods for stand-alone AND there are mods that still not adapted - hence, there simply can not be more mods for EET than for stand-alone games.

Yet, I did not say "never install EET, oh, curious one!" - far from it. I would gladly try it myself if (!) I could master 2 things: installation process - BWS was not a big help lately, and correction of old EE mods to make them compatible.

@hackinslash Thank you for the link! I'll look into it and hopefully would be able to convert what I need. Now, if only I could be sure about installation order... But that is a worry for later.
    edited July 2017
    For NPC mods the install order is the same in BWS for BG2EE and EET (the BG2 part of EET). Mods are just added or skipped depending on game selection.
    Things are slightly different for some BG1 mods and some tweak mods, but if you convert a BG2EE NPC mod yourself it would go where it would be in BG2EE. It only matters for mods that have dependencies (e.g. crossmod contents or worldmap entries) anyway. NPC mods without dependencies can go just about anywhere.

For NPC mods the install order is the same in BWS for BG2EE and EET (the BG2 part of EET). Mods are just added or skipped depending on game selection.
    Things are slightly different for some BG1 mods and some tweak mods, but if you convert a BG2EE NPC mod yourself it would go where it would be in BG2EE. It only matters for mods that have dependencies (e.g. crossmod contents or worldmap entries) anyway. NPC mods without dependencies can go just about anywhere.

They do, unfortunately (they are part of BG2EE crossmod). But thank you! It's really good to know the right installation order.

And speaking of tweak mods - since you make manual installation, you might know what to do in such cases. Here, from "select.txt":

ANN;RR is SCS aware; should it move down?
    STD;RR;0;09;1111;
    STD;RR;1;12;1111;
    STD;RR;2;12;1111;
    STD;RR;3;09;1111;
    STD;RR;4;12;1111;
    STD;RR;5;12;1111;
    STD;RR;6;09;1111;
    STD;RR;7;09;1111;
    STD;RR;8;09;1111;
    STD;WSR;100;09;1111;
    ANN;Revised Specialists
    STD;TomeAndBlood;0;09;0000;
    ANN;Revised Dragon Disciples - EE only
    STD;TomeAndBlood;1;09;0000;
    ANN;Sorcerer: Magus - EE only
    STD;TomeAndBlood;2;12;0000;

STD;stratagems;8150;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8160;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8170;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8180;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8190;08;0011;

STD;WSR;200;09;1111;
    MUC;WSR;Init;09;1111;
    MUC;WSR;301;09;0000;
    MUC;WSR;302;09;1111;
    STD;WSR;999;09;1111;
    MUC;RR;Init;09;1111;
    MUC;RR;9;09;1111;
    MUC;RR;10;09;0000;
    STD;RR;11;08;0011;
    STD;RR;12;08;0011;
    STD;RR;999;09;1111;
    STD;aTweaks;100;09;1111;

So, according to the list, you are supposed to install RR and WSR both before and after Stratagems. How do you deal with it at the manual installation?
    Mirandel said:

They do, unfortunately (they are part of BG2EE crossmod). But thank you! It's really good to know the right installation order.

And speaking of tweak mods - since you make manual installation, you might know what to do in such cases. Here, from "select.txt":

ANN;RR is SCS aware; should it move down?
    STD;RR;0;09;1111;
    STD;RR;1;12;1111;
    STD;RR;2;12;1111;
    STD;RR;3;09;1111;
    STD;RR;4;12;1111;
    STD;RR;5;12;1111;
    STD;RR;6;09;1111;
    STD;RR;7;09;1111;
    STD;RR;8;09;1111;
    STD;WSR;100;09;1111;
    ANN;Revised Specialists
    STD;TomeAndBlood;0;09;0000;
    ANN;Revised Dragon Disciples - EE only
    STD;TomeAndBlood;1;09;0000;
    ANN;Sorcerer: Magus - EE only
    STD;TomeAndBlood;2;12;0000;

STD;stratagems;8150;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8160;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8170;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8180;08;0011;
    STD;stratagems;8190;08;0011;

STD;WSR;200;09;1111;
    MUC;WSR;Init;09;1111;
    MUC;WSR;301;09;0000;
    MUC;WSR;302;09;1111;
    STD;WSR;999;09;1111;
    MUC;RR;Init;09;1111;
    MUC;RR;9;09;1111;
    MUC;RR;10;09;0000;
    STD;RR;11;08;0011;
    STD;RR;12;08;0011;
    STD;RR;999;09;1111;
    STD;aTweaks;100;09;1111;

So, according to the list, you are supposed to install RR and WSR both before and after Stratagems. How do you deal with it at the manual installation?
    You install per component.
    When you call the setup-xxxmod.exe and the mod's tp2 menu opens you only install those components due in that step. E.g. STD;stratagems;8150;08;0011 means SCS component 8150 (the rest are BWS commands without interest here). If you want to know plain language, you find that in BWS/Config/Global/strategems.ini @8150=Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep.
    You do all the components in this step, skip the rest and go to the next mod.
    Some time later SCS may come again. You (n)o change all components already installed and install those due in this step. The MUC entries are multiple choice e.g.
    MUC;WSR;301;09;0000;
    MUC;WSR;302;09;1111; this choice is default in BWS, of course you may select different but in this case read the readme carefully, sometimes a different choice may lead to incompatibility.

Yes, sounds cumbersome - but even in a large installs there are just a handful of mods that require such treatment.