Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    I plan to make a similar mod for BG2EE with BG2(EE) graphics. No time frame yet though.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackRavenslight
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I absolutely love this mod and , may I ask, Is there any chance of doing it with BG2?
    Mr2150mf2112
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Pecca said:

I plan to make a similar mod for BG2EE with BG2(EE) graphics. No time frame yet though.

Personally, I like these graphics better than the browns of BG2.. And would prefer these in BG2.
    DJKajuru
    Can you streamline the menus to gave icons to switch between games and stuff? That would be an improvement over bg2 that makes you drill down several menus.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2016
    Yes, I expect I can. I expect to apply all the code from this mod.
    mf2112JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    There's problem with few strings in polish:

• GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    Frickin' awesome! Thank you!
    @Etamin: see the "about languages" paragraph in the OP. The default installation will only copy english language lua files, other languages are in the mod's "language" subfolder, you must copy them manually for now.
  • Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    oh my lord. you went above and beyond.. I love this!
    Mr2150
  • DaTrollDaTroll Member Posts: 4
    So beautiful, I realy love it! Thanks for your work.
    Mr2150
    edited May 2016
    @Pecca Ok, thanks for info. I have two more problems. First main menu is at the wrong side of screen:

I have 1600x900 resolution. Is it not compatible then?

Secondly i can't translate new labels. I have entered L_pl_PL.lua file, changed "Finshed quest" for "Wykonane zadania" and i have this error when i launch the game: [string "L _pl_PL.lua"]:1 unexpected symbol near char(239). I checked twice for some extra symbols, but i'm sure i have change only words in quotes.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    In the Gameplay > UI settings menu is an option to switch the side of the screen.
    edited May 2016
    @Etamin: I'll check the language file when i get back to my pc. But with the menu panel position- that is strange. Was it like this from the moment you installed the mod? Does it happen to anyone else? It can be toggled in the options like Mr2150 says but by default it should be on the right.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Pecca: Nice looking update! However, I ran into two problems.

When Dualwielding, the THAC0 and Damage numbers on the inventory page are displayed rather oddly, almost falling out of their boxes. Since the box is so wide, it may look better to space them horizontally, rather than vertically.

When reaching the end of a map, and choosing to travel, I cannot escape to cancel traveling, as the world map keeps popping over and over again. The only way to bypass is to 'travel' to my current location.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Another small glitch. If you level up a Thief, and have one of the rogue skills selected, the Information button doesn't work. Regardless of clicking it, it'll keep showing the rogue skill information.

If you select one of the weapon skills, it works again.
    @Pecca Yes, it was like that from the beginning. Installed at unmodded game.
    The top menu stuff was on the left for me too
    edited May 2016
    Does the Gameplay > UI Settings menu toggle work to shift it to the right hand side?
    yes, it starts out enabled, unenabling it moves things to the right
    Mr2150
    Okay I need to change that to toggled off.
    jackjackmf2112JuliusBorisov
    Did you check language files?
    edited June 2016
    Another small bugfix - Escaping worldmap travel will not pop the worldmap over and over again.

There is currently a known bug with THAC0 and damage information boxes in the inventory for dualwielding characters, that's up to BD to fix.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackmf2112
    edited June 2016
    Oops... !
    Post edited by Mr2150 on
  • Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    Pecca said:

Another small bugfix - Escaping worldmap travel will not pop the worldmap over and over again.

There is currently a known bug with THAC0 and damage information boxes in the inventory for dualwielding characters, that's up to BD to fix.

Hey Pecca. Wondering if you could give me a little help if u got a sec. I have my custom version of your UI all set up, you can see it here:

However I have a problem with the WORLD_MESSAGES box, it keeps resetting higher than I want it to be at default, you can see that in this image:

Here is my code for WORLD_MESSAGES, Any Help would be great :pensive:
    CODE:

menu
    {
    name 'WORLD_MESSAGES'
    align right bottom
    offset -10 0
    ignoreEsc
    onOpen
    "
    -- Infinity_SetOffset('WORLD_MESSAGES', 0, -toolbarTop)
    local x,y,w,h = Infinity_GetArea('messagesRect')
    toolbarTop = toolbarTop + h
    setMessagesY(worldMessageBoxTop - y)
    "
    onClose
    "
    local x,y,w,h = Infinity_GetArea('messagesRect')
    toolbarTop = toolbarTop - h
    "
    label
    {
    name 'messagesRect'
    area 214 252 588 227
    rectangle 4
    }
    button
    {
    area 28 152 1 1
    on pageup
    action
    "
    dragMessagesY(-20)
    "
    }
    button
    {
    area 28 152 1 1
    on pagedown
    action
    "
    dragMessagesY(20)
    "
    }
    text
    {
    name "worldMessageBox"
    area 236 272 544 184
    text lua "worldMessageBoxText"
    text style "gamelog"
    scrollbar 'GUISCRC'
    scrollbar func "chatboxScroll"
    }
    handle
    {
    name 'messagesHandleY'
    area 214 238 588 34
    -- pulse lua "worldMessageBoxClickedOnce == 0"
    actionDrag
    "
    dragMessagesY(motionY)
    "
    }
    }

Also just curious, If anyone was interested, would you be ok with me offering this setup as a mod... I would only offer the UI.Menu file, making the mod require your mod to be installed first. just curious, if not it's no biggy
    smeagolheart
    edited June 2016
    If it is resetting after closing dialog, it may be a dialg box code. I think it was happening to me too due to some tweak I introduced, so I comment out certain lines in onOpen/onClose:

menu { name 'WORLD_DIALOG' offset 0 -50 align center bottom ignoreEsc onOpen " -- local x,y,w,h = Infinity_GetArea('worldDialogBackground') -- toolbarTop = toolbarTop + h Infinity_PushMenu('WORLD_DIALOG_CONFIRM') greySidebars() " onClose " -- local x,y,w,h = Infinity_GetArea('worldDialogBackground') -- toolbarTop = toolbarTop - h -- resizeDialogContent(h - 253) Infinity_PopMenu('WORLD_DIALOG_CONFIRM') ungreySidebars() "

Not sure if it's it though. You can release this for sure. :)
    Dameon2
    New update released with a polish translation. Also the new UI text is now all stored in one L_xx_XX.lua file for each language and all of them are copied to the override during the installation. This means a convenient switch between languages in the in-game options is now possible and all the new text is there.
    smeagolheartJuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Attached the Italian translation. Thank you :)
    jackjack