Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    meowdog wrote: »
    Tested with BG2 only, EET might need something different.
    Could you please explain how to do it for EET?
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    @skusha
    Sure if you can send me an end game save file that works with EET.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @meowdog Thanks as always!
    @skusha
    Sure if you can send me an end game save file that works with EET.
    Unfortunately, I don't have an end game save file yet. Otherwise, there is no way to solve this problem?
    @skusha
    I used cheats to teleport to the final area and tested the modifications with EET, they work the same as in BG2.
    edited September 2020
    Just a little update:

After some time getting it set up, I have Dragonspear UI++ running on a fresh EET install (with several dozen other mods that more or less play nicely with each other).

I have my own custom main menu and escape menu backgrounds that are unique for each campaign, and they all seem to work 100% fine.

Here's what it looks like:
    4y9dqhtqi4eo.png
    nvw86vyxx8m8.png
    (this is a depiction of Baldur's Gate by the artist Winterkeep)

If anyone is interested, here are my custom main menu and escape menu backgrounds. SOA is not included because I like the defaults (Firkraag art + dark forest).
    5wcvnysywjxy.png
    z80qy1ugo9nk.png

lpgedyeusgoh.png
    (I prefer this image of Caelar marching towards you with her crusade; the default image makes her seem heroic rather than the misguided villain she is, and it's also potentially a spoiler. Added a splash of color to make it more interesting.)
    20al6yr56w4x.png

3covevkzgjlk.png
    oohnpt0nv9xa.png

The code for the escape menu backgrounds (look for RGOPT1):
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 1"
    		name "RGOPT1"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		mosaic 'ESCBG1'
    	}
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 2"
    		name "RGOPT1A"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		mosaic 'ESCSOD'
    	}
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 3"
    		name "RGOPT1B"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    	}
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 4"
    		name "RGOPT1C"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080		
    		mosaic 'ESCTOB'
    	}

And for the main title backgrounds
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 1"
    		name "RGDBACK1"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		mosaic 'BG1BACK'
    	}
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 2"
    		name "RGDBACK2"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		mosaic 'SODBACK'
    	}
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 3"
    		name "RGDBACK3"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    	}
    	movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 4"
    		name "RGDBACK4"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080		
    		mosaic 'TOBBACK'
    	}

All the png files have to be appropriately renamed (the filenames of images uploaded here gets altered).

And btw, to clarify per my previous question: All the menu backgrounds should change automatically as you progress through the saga (based on chapter number).

EDIT:
    Esc menu images for The Black Pits 1 & 2. Just taken from the intro movies, with an unfocus filter applied. Simple, but works very effectively IMO.
    91e5o8jq918m.png
    zz6js2rb5pjm.png

To use, just add additional blocks of the first type of "movie" code above for campaigns 5 and 6 with the mosaic line for the renamed images (campaign 7 is the tutorial). Using RGOPTD and RGOPTE for "name" works fine (though I actually don't know if that's even necessary).
    Post edited by tl1942 on
  • F4LLF4LL Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2020
    Any way to increase size of the priest spellbook,im using Cleric/Ranger with all spells(cleric+druid).
    The spellbook doesn't have enough room for all the spells.

Any ideas?
    Post edited by F4LL on
    edited October 2020
    For anyone interested:

I started to notice that the default SOA title background wasn't quite as sharp or bright as the other custom backgrounds I have, so I upscaled it via http://waifu2x.udp.jp/ and then manually tweaked it a bit. The entranceway with Firkraag is a darker relative to the rest of the image now, and there's a little bit more three-dimensionality with the fog.
    5fdkh0lcgnfc.png

F4LL wrote: »
    Any way to increase size of the priest spellbook,im using Cleric/Ranger with all spells(cleric+druid).
    Try attached version.
    Extract inside DragonspearUI folder replacing any existing files and then install as usual.
    If you don't want to reinstall the mod, choose your game version and copy the files from content-{sod,bg2,eet} to the override folder.

Arrow buttons scroll through the spells of the current level and then switch to the next level.
    Mouse wheel only scrolls the current level.
  • F4LLF4LL Member Posts: 7
    F4LL wrote: »
    Try attached version.
    Extract inside DragonspearUI folder replacing any existing files and then install as usual.
    If you don't want to reinstall the mod, choose your game version and copy the files from content-{sod,bg2,eet} to the override folder.

Arrow buttons scroll through the spells of the current level and then switch to the next level.
    Mouse wheel only scrolls the current level.

Thank you very much,it's working now. :)
    @Pecca, any news about the future update?
    Looks great! I especially liked the second one, in PoE style.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Pecca, I respect that this is your mod and I would never try to tell you how to do things but I had an idea I thought I might share. Just an idea that I thought you might take into consideration. I did a quick muck up of the UI you posted above. I think this would allow the compact and more modern POE style approach while being a little more in line with the original functionality of the game. The photos from the right side bar are now on the bottom right and the options from the left side bar are now on the bottom left. The text window remains in the center where it always was and it still retains the compact POE style you were going for. Again, not trying to tell you how to make your own mod, just thought I would leave some constructive feedback. It's totally cool if you don't want to do this I just thought I would post the idea to see what you think. The two columns of buttons on the left side could be flipped around if preferred, I was just wanting to give a general idea of what I was thinking. Good luck on the mod, it's been great so far.
    atu52B9.jpg
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    @Sour thanks for your feedback, but I'm not gonna go with it. The reason is that I originally wanted to go with PoE layout alone, because I like it a lot, both aesthetically and functionally. But because alone, it would deviate too much from the UI experience it has been so far, I decided later to retain a choice to use layout similar to the current version.
  • luke_sfluke_sf Member Posts: 7
    i'm having problems with the journal, its not showing/adding quests given by modded npc's to the quests tab, they only appear as notes on the notes side of the journal, so i can't really tell if they are still active or completed. When i unninstal the ui, they show up again on the quests tab, so.. is there something i could do to fix this?
  • sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    any idea why my BGEE UI install is scaled badly?

icons overlap: https://i.imgur.com/4x30FcQ.jpg
    load is cut off: https://i.imgur.com/veGfOhl.jpg

etc. Thank you!
    @luke_sf Never heard about it. Can you tell me what mod exactly cause this for you?

@sebas this mod's minimum requirement for screen size is 1365x768 pixels, which is equivalent of widescreen scaled interface. If you do not have 16:9 screen ratio, scaled interface will overlap or cut some UI elements. You might still be able to use it with unscaled interface, if your screen natural resolution is higher than those 768p.
    edited November 2020
    @Pecca It happens with every quest added by mods, i can show you an exemple with the mod "mini quests & encounters for bg1ee"

without the ui the quest is shown as normal.
    4wsvfr7l9tri.png

and with the ui, they disappear from the quests side of the journal, and i can't seem to figure out what's causing it.
    yeoxhmoy1b5q.pngbqsi4zgb5mwq.png

For context, i used ee mod setup, to install every mod that i'm currently using, and manually installed the ui afterwards, with the fixes that the user named "meowdog" posted on this same forum page.
    @luke_sf does the "large journal" have this bug too?
    edited November 2020
    @Pecca unfortunately yes, same thing
    Post edited by luke_sf on
    @luke_sf, I was posting the version where this problem with the journal was fixed.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1146492/#Comment_1146492
    @skusha ,Hello!, i wasn't really going to play the eet version, but i gave it a try, i just did a fresh install and even with that version that you linked me, the bug is still there, i'm still trying to figure out and doing some testing to see if its a conflict with another mod... but i thank you for the response though.
    edited November 2020
    edited November 2020
    @skusha , i'm still getting this journal bug...even on a fresh install, with only one quest mod and the ui, at this point, i think i'm going to delete and re-download the entire thing, because it seems like this is only happpening on my end.

edit: had no luck with a newly installed game either, oh well... but i thank you both for the quick replies.
    Post edited by luke_sf on
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2020
    Hello! BEAUTIFUL looking UI, and can't wait to see how it looks after 2.6 :)

I had a question and was hoping for some help. I am using this UI mod along with OlvynSpells, which adds a LOT of new spells to the game. So many in fact that I can't access them all in certain situations. For example, a Cleric/Ranger can't get to all the spells in their spell book, and a Sorcerer can't see all of their spell options on level up (nor can a newly created mage see all of his options for starting spells).

What would I need to edit in "ui.menu" to once again have scroll bars exist in the spellbooks as well as the spell selection screen? I saw a file link earlier that fixed the Cleric/Ranger spell book issue, but I don't want to replace the ui.menu I have currently; I already did some editing to the ui.menu file that another board member shared that included fixes (no dialogue cut off, no weird red symbols on status screen etc) so that it plays nicely with SCS (correct difficulty slider and ui button for fine tuning working properly), so I would prefer to simply edit in the needed changes to my current ui.menu to reactivate the scrollbars.

I tried looking around myself but got lost rather quickly :/ any help would be appreciated!
    @Dawglicious
    You can replace Mage and Priest menu sections and corresponding lua sections (code in backticks that goes before menu sections) in your ui.menu using the ones from the file posted here, it should work ok.
    Also add PriestBook:setPage(1) to setPriestBookLevel function right before refreshPriestBook().
    @Dawglicious
    You can replace Mage and Priest menu sections and corresponding lua sections (code in backticks that goes before menu sections) in your ui.menu using the ones from the file posted here, it should work ok.
    Also add PriestBook:setPage(1) to setPriestBookLevel function right before refreshPriestBook().

Great, thank you! For clarification if you don't mind, where would the mage and priest menu sections be in ui.menu? The first and/or last lines or something like that so I know what to look for. I appreciate your time and help :)
    @Dawglicious
    To find where the menu sections start search for these lines:
    name 'MAGE'
    name 'PRIEST'
    xs0f08qnzn7r.png

Scroll down until you find right curly bracket } with no indentation it will be followed by the backtick ` character, this is the end of a menu section:
    og1fbj9yof5q.png

Scroll up starting from the name "PRIEST" line to the end of a previous menu section, this is the start of lua code you also need to replace:
    hfjahde67zvk.png
    edited November 2020
    @Dawglicious
    To find where the menu sections start search for these lines:
    name 'MAGE'
    name 'PRIEST'
    xs0f08qnzn7r.png

Scroll down until you find right curly bracket } with no indentation it will be followed by the backtick ` character, this is the end of a menu section:
    og1fbj9yof5q.png

Scroll up starting from the name "PRIEST" line to the end of a previous menu section, this is the start of lua code you also need to replace:
    hfjahde67zvk.png

That helps a lot, thank you very much :)

@meowdog I do notice that I still cannot scroll through all the options when viewing spells on a Sorcerer's level up (I assume Shaman will have the same issue). Not nearly as much of an issue since EEKeeper can let me swap a spell if needed. Thank you again for helping with this!
    Post edited by Dawglicious on