Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    @p6kocka
    Did you try the "override/M_dui.lua" method described here?
    Unlike the files in update.zip it doesn't touch any quest entries.
    If you don't have any other mods installed besides DUI, there is no need to reinstall anything, just delete or rename "bgee.lua" and copy paste the code from the comment into "M_dui.lua".

@AndreaColombo
    There is a version for EET a few pages back.
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    What I did. I have used your bge.lua from the zip and talked to Dorn and Neera once. After that I have copied my bge.lua back and overwrote yours (because of the empty quest enties). Now Dorn and Neera are in the game and the journal isn't empty.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited July 2021
    Couple graphical glitches that perhaps you would be able to help me with:

NribNxP.jpg

FhfyV5J.jpg

Rest seems to be all right.

I've done the M_dui.LUA thing so hopefully Dorn and Neera will show up, since I plan on recruiting them.
    Ah, not quite as smooth as I thought. Lots of UI strings are messed up. Sigh. Took quite a bit to install the whole mod stack...
    edited July 2021
    For the text nonsense in the Character screen you have to find in UI.MENU:
    table.insert(listItems, { nil, '^D' .. '\n'
    and change the russian text behind it to:
    Ability Bonuses
    Do you know what might be causing spell scrolls to have a generic icon instead of showing the spell icon? That's pretty annoying.
    What do you mean? COuld you provide a screenshot?
    Never mind, I found the problem and fixed it. It had nothing to do with this UI mod :)

Making this work with EET is too problematic, however. I decided to roll back to playing BG/SoD first, and import to BGII:EE afterward so I can manage a smaller mod stack on each.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited July 2021
    Version 2.42 for EET of v2.5 games (with other included fixes)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qejqvph49ol1v79/DragonspearUI_EET-2.42.zip?dl=0
    edited July 2021
    One thing which bothers me is that I can´t use space bar key for ending/continuing dialogues. It simply doesn´t do anything when I press it. Any ideas how to fix it pls?
    Post edited by p6kocka on
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited July 2021
    lunar wrote: »
    I also did some original bg2 reskin, so one can chosse between stone/pebble look of iwd and wines/leaves look of bg2.

Also attached my own ui file here, it fixes some placement issues and enables page turning sounds for preist/mage book. The loss of that page turning sound had really bugged me, and I experimented and fixed it. I also pack here bg2back, tobback, and esc screens for main menu screens.

As usual, drop the files into sounds or movies folder and if you don't like the changes, simply delete them. Do not drop into override folder for ease of use in uninstalling.

Yeah so I installed the base UI mod and then dropped your files into the sounds folder. It worked, but all of your overlays are too small for my screen. Not sure what's going on. 1440x900rbuyy783ic8n.png
    p6kocka wrote: »
    One thing which bothers me is that I can´t use space bar key for ending/continuing dialogues. It simply doesn´t do anything when I press it. Any ideas how to fix it pls?

Nevermind. I have found the fix:

Add an option to continue conversations on space key (issue)
    Spoiler
    You need to change the Baldur.lua file manually, add the following line to it:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Disable Space Key In Conversations','0')
    edited July 2021
    Baptor wrote: »
    lunar wrote: »
    I also did some original bg2 reskin, so one can chosse between stone/pebble look of iwd and wines/leaves look of bg2.

Also attached my own ui file here, it fixes some placement issues and enables page turning sounds for preist/mage book. The loss of that page turning sound had really bugged me, and I experimented and fixed it. I also pack here bg2back, tobback, and esc screens for main menu screens.

As usual, drop the files into sounds or movies folder and if you don't like the changes, simply delete them. Do not drop into override folder for ease of use in uninstalling.

Yeah so I installed the base UI mod and then dropped your files into the sounds folder. It worked, but all of your overlays are too small for my screen. Not sure what's going on. 1440x900rbuyy783ic8n.png

I have tried to put the files into SOUND folder but I can´t find it. Where exactly is this fodler pls?

P.S: OK. I hav efound it: It´s in:
    ...\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\lang\en_US\sounds
    I have installed the Version 2.42 for EET of v2.5 games (with other included fixes)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qejqvph49ol1v79/DragonspearUI_EET-2.42.zip?dl=0
    but I am experiencing crashes. Att the beginning it happened only rarelly but now I can´t play the game anymore. Crashes on crashes. Is there a way to fix it pls?
    p6kocka wrote: »
    I have installed the Version 2.42 for EET of v2.5 games (with other included fixes)
    Where did you install it? What version of EET? If 2.6.5.-2.6.6, it will be incompatible and there will be problems and crashes.
    The latest BGEE + BGEE2 versions. 2.6.6 I think. The latest EET.
    Is it safe to uninstall Dragonspear UI mid game? Because it crashe s alot now. I love this UI but I have to give it up
    edited July 2021
    @p6kocka, dropbox version is for old version of the game (2.5) only. And it is not compatible with the new patch 2.6, because ui.menu has been changed.
    @Pecca previously wrote that after releasing a patch 2.6 he may release an updated version of the mod. We have only to expect and hope it. :)
    edited July 2021
    So i will hope then it gets released then. Untill I am on hold... sadly
    Post edited by p6kocka on
    One question though. I think the vanilla game has the equipment comparison implemented. Doesn´t this UI mod have it pls?
    Bonus question: is it possible to enable one-click travel with this mod?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    Hello, sorry for not responding to your questions. Turns out the work on the updated version gets even slower then expected and I see there is quite bit of demand to make work the current version. I am willing to give this mod to any volunteer to administer it as they see fit. I'm not going to do anything with this current version anymore, and I will release the updated version as a new mod, as it basically is a new mod.
    Thank you for chiming in, @Pecca.

I hope the new version can have one-click travel and the decorated capital letters from classic BG1.

I can make the current version work with BG:EE and BGII:EE using the M_dui.LUA trick, though I haven't really recruited any EE NPC yet so I cannot say whether my stack is buggy.
    Sorry for asking twice. Is it possible to add the missing item comparison in this beautiful UI mod pls?
  • FrunkjeFrunkje Member Posts: 4
    Hello, the quickloot bar (both advanced and expert version) does not show the familiar blue tint around unidentified items, is that part of the mod or is something not right on my end? Thanks for any help i can get.
    It does show the blue tint. It must be something wrong on your side.
    edited July 2021
    Oh, do you think that issue can be fixed somehow? I'm fairly new to these games and i'm sure i will leave items on the ground otherwise. :pensive:

Edit: Also the ui mod is the only mod i have installed so it cant be a compatibility issue.
    If it"s the only one just reinstall it
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    @Frunkje
    A fix was posted here.
    It's also included in unofficial versions you can find in this thread.
    @meowdog While scanning this mods post history i came upon that fix and it worked for me, thank you anyway, everything now works perfectly. :)
    @p6kocka Thanks for the replies aswell. :)