Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• MystereMystere Member Posts: 2
    Is there any slight chance, it's possible to change the size of the group portraits seperately of the rest UI? I would prefer to play with an unscaled UI but the buffs/debuffs are so hard to read.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I didn’t think I’d want to change the portrait border color, but now I do! Thank you, @meowdog
  • unknownunknown Member Posts: 11
    @meowdog

Thanks so much for your help. I tried appending the M_A0UCO.lua and it worked, I can now give proficencies to my char at level up, and at character generation.

I have installed DUI again, and hopefully no issues will come up... I'll just install this mod in future, and no other UI tweaks.
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2021
    Is it possible to use the bigger icons
    I found how to increase the icon size, however they become blurry:
    2enxp6si5x0c.png
    Someone will have to upscale the actual images in states.bam, boot01d.bam and maybe others.
    Mystere wrote: »
    Is there any slight chance, it's possible to change the size of the group portraits seperately of the rest UI? I would prefer to play with an unscaled UI but the buffs/debuffs are so hard to read.
    You can increase the size in options Gameplay -> UI Settings.
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    I didn’t think I’d want to change the portrait border color, but now I do! Thank you, @meowdog

@AndreaColombo
    How did you install the portrait border color? I"ve put the two files from the attachment into bg2 ee folder ran the .bat file but nothing happened ....
    Can you pls explain it step by step to me?
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited August 2021
    left-portraits branch is updated! The portrait frames have been changed to brown color. Thanks to @meowdog, @Bubb & @tipun! https://github.com/anongit/DragonspearUI/tree/left-portraits
    f2466589034f.png
    edited August 2021
    p6kocka wrote: »
    How did you install the portrait border color? I"ve put the two files from the attachment into bg2 ee folder ran the .bat file but nothing happened ....
    A command line window should've appeared and waited for you to press a key. Did that not happen?

Anyway, there will be a standalone weidu mod for this, if you don't mind waiting.
    Post edited by meowdog on
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2021
    OK. I have finally managed to install it correctly. Thank you.
    Post edited by p6kocka on
    @meowdog does your latest version include a fix for the missing illustration in the TotSC leaving Ulgoth’s Beard narration?
    @AndreaColombo No, I wasn't sure that it's the right thing to do.
    Why not?

@Pecca himself confirmed that a black screen is not intended.
    @AndreaColombo
    I don't know, I feel like I don't understand why this is happening. Like do I copy leave.bam to leavea.bam or just rename, because leave.bam isn't actually used? Or is it used after all, but only in some versions of the game.
    Anyway, I pushed the change to the repo.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Updated Polish translation by Cahir: https://github.com/anongit/DragonspearUI/pull/1
  • affablePeafowlaffablePeafowl Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2021
    meowdog wrote: »
    I don't know, I feel like I don't understand why this is happening. Like do I copy leave.bam to leavea.bam or just rename, because leave.bam isn't actually used? Or is it used after all, but only in some versions of the game.
    Anyway, I pushed the change to the repo.

Saw this a bit late, but just wanted to volunteer to help test any potential solutions to this, if it's the sort of thing that can be playtested in this situation. Not sure when I'll get to the TotSC content, since I'm taking an evil party through also and keeping them right behind my good party. But my good party playthrough is nearly to the Bandit Camp in Ch3 with most of the side areas already cleared out, so it ought to be more or less a straight shot through the rest of the game.

Dunno if the issue applies to my only-BGEE-installed situation, and obviously I haven't experienced the problem yet since I'm still a ways away, but happy to test solutions if my playthrough applies to whatever the problem seems to be.
  • FireballFodderFireballFodder Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2021
    Does anyone else have an issue where sounds (like footsteps, weapon swings, crackling fireplaces) are disabled in indoor spaces unless you zoom in very close? I thought it was a bug in my install, but it seems to be consistently caused by this mod.

It seems like the behavior in the base game is for these sounds to gradually become lower in volume as you zoom away, but something about this mod makes this effect so sensitive that sounds disappear completely at the default zoom level.
    Post edited by FireballFodder on
    ^ I have the same issue. I had no idea it was caused by this mod so I didn’t say anything, but 100% the same.
  • FireballFodderFireballFodder Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2021
    Yeah, I had to reinstall all my mods and test after each one to realize it myself. At least it helped me notice that you can hear them when you zoom in, which makes it less of an issue, but still...
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2021
    The problem with the sounds is because area's are not centered properly. If you toggle the "allow camera to go out of bounds" option in the graphics settings, you will see what I mean. When the area is centered properly the sounds play out properly. It's a problem with the latest version of this mod having the wrong values that pushes all of the backdrops all the way to the right.
    Hopefully it’s within @meowdog ’s wizardry to fix.
    edited August 2021
    Sour wrote: »
    It's a problem with the latest version of this mod having the wrong values that pushes all of the backdrops all the way to the right.
    Does it mean it was fine in a previous version? Can you tell which one(s)?

I do have a problem with the sounds, not sure if it's the same one, but I have it with or without any mods.
    Post edited by meowdog on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    If I understand it correctly, it might be caused by some UI elements being pushed outside from the screen (far to the right). I don't remember which, but back in a day, the "enabled" property of UI elements didn't work well, it hid the element visually but the area remained unclickable. So the solution was to move the elements away. Nowadays, enabled works well IIRC so it can be used instead of moving away.
    edited August 2021
    If you go inside a building, the backdrop is forced all the way over to the right and you can't correct it. The only way to play with this UI at the moment is to force the out of bounds camera option and manually correct it each time you enter an indoor location. The first launch of the EET version of this mod did not have that problem. Actually, I don't think I ever had an issue with it until this latest version. I never use the out of bounds camera option because it feels like a mod to me. It's possible that this UI has always had everything pushed to the right but this is the first version that doesn't center it properly when the out of bounds camera option is disabled. Removing the latest version of this mod fixes the problem and the sounds work as intended.

If I had to guess I would say that the sounds are being loaded in all the way to the right so the only way to hear them properly is to have the out of bounds camera enabled and manually move the camera until the backdrop is properly centered over the default loading location.

The first EET version of this mod had issues with the world map not centering and meowdog helped me get it centered. I figure a similar value must be set incorrectly somewhere to make the main backdrops load off center like they are, even when the out of bounds camera movement is disabled.
    Post edited by Sour on
    edited August 2021
    Yeah, it looks like it fixed it. The backdrops are centered again and the audio problem is gone as a result. Good work. :)
    Post edited by Sour on
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    I notice in the most recent version, there's a component called "Fix Blurry Portraits"... I don't remember this being present in previous versions, though I may be wrong.

What exactly does this do?

Also:
    @meowdog and @Pecca
    bug report for 2.6.6, portrait picker no longer seems to work right. I previously posted about this issue in a separate thread (unsure which mod was responsible), but now I have definitively nailed it down to Dragonspear UI++.

In 2.5.x, you could simply put 210x330 bmp files into the "portraits" folder in Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/ and the images would show up when selecting portraits. No need for special file names, no need to do anything else. This is the default functionality for vanilla unmodded 2.6.6.

In 2.6.6, with Dragonspear UI++, that is no longer the case. Now, the only way for your portraits to show up is to append an L/M/S suffix, and an M or F prefix (making sure you do not exceed an 8-character limit), and then you *must* take the additional step of creating an M*.lua file in the portraits folder (or override), e.g. M_MyPort.lua that lists all of the filenames.

If you do not have separate L, M, and S versions of the same portrait, then you will get blank portraits where appropriate (e.g. on the right hand portrait column). Again, this is not needed in the default game.

More here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82640/custom-portraits-not-working

I am using a completely fresh install of 2.6.6+EET+Dragonspear UI, and no other mods. I am 100% sure that this is caused by Dragonspear UI++ (perhaps by one specific component, maybe an outdated Portrait Picker).
    Post edited by tl1942 on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    You can switch in ui++ settings to the other portrait picker
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @Pecca perhaps you can give us some news about the future new Dragonspear UI mod ? :)
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Pecca wrote: »
    You can switch in ui++ settings to the other portrait picker

I'll try that and see if it works!
    tl1942 wrote: »
    I notice in the most recent version, there's a component called "Fix Blurry Portraits"... I don't remember this being present in previous versions, though I may be wrong.

What exactly does this do?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1174140/#Comment_1174140

I'll look into the portrait picker issue.