Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    @Aedan: Thanks. More italian text to translate is in "L_it_IT.lua" file in the "language" subfolder. :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Damn, I did not see it :|
    I will translate that file as soon as I can.
    No worries :)
    edited June 2016
    @Pecca
    I am almost done, but I need some info about these strings:

ACM_FLATTEN = "Flat" (what do you mean with "flat" and where is this option displayed?)
    Priority Strength %age (should I keep %age as it is?)
    Minimum Str% (should I keep Str% as it is?)
    Minimum Str %age (Str is for...?)
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited June 2016
    I can answer this one ... Flat is the word used to describe setting the ability scores during character generation to the highest level possible - whilst respecting the minimum level for each ability - but keeping them the same) eg

16,14,17,13,15,15 would have a flat view of: 15,15,15,15,15,15 ... but for Paladins it would be: 14,14,14,14,14,17 + 3 points to spend as Paladin's have a minimum requirement of 17 for Charisma.

So you want a word that means 'flat' or 'level' or 'equalise' or something like that...

Does that make sense?
    Yes, it makes sense. I just have to find a proper word in Italian to express that concept :D
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @Aedan I translated flat in polish as equal. You don't have to keep %age, just like Str%. Str is for Strength. All those texts appears in autoroller.
    @Etamin

@Pecca
    Attached the Italian translation with the updated L_it_IT file.
    @Aedan: There is also another table in the L_it_IT.lua file from lines 19 to 32 with text of proficiencies/skills tab.
    LOL :D
    Should be good now. Hopefully ;)
    It's good now. :)
    Italian translation added.
    Thanks a lot!
  • DaTrollDaTroll Member Posts: 4
    I love the quickloot! Thank you for your work. This GUI is awsome!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited June 2016
    Bug: The multibuy/item-splitting slider is gone.

EDIT: Whoops, its not gone, it just doesn't appear if the stack you're trying to buy/split is less than 11.
    Not a bug, is the quantity you are splitting less than 10 ?

It only appears when the quantity is greater than 10 however this value can easily be altered in the code.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Mr2150 said:

Not a bug, is the quantity you are splitting less than 10 ?

It only appears when the quantity is greater than 10 however this value can easily be altered in the code.

Yes, I would prefer having the slider on whenever possible because it makes selling gems much less of a hassle.
    edited June 2016
    OK...

A solution which is not optimal but can be implemented is:

In the UI.menu is a slider that looks as follows... (Ctrl + F search for RGSCALE - it's used twice so make sure you get the right one).

slider { area 130 227 212 39 position "requestAmt" bam 'SLDRSTAR' mosaic RGSCALE sequence 0 frame 1 settings 21 pad 4 0 6 0 enabled "requester.requesterMax > 10" action " selectedOpt = 0 selectedSL = 0 itemRequestAmt = math.floor(requestAmt * requester.requesterMax / 20) " }

See the line: enabled "requester.requesterMax > 10"

You can alter the 10 value to be whatever you want or comment out the line by adding -- to front of it like this,

-- enabled "requester.requesterMax > 10"

So that the slider always appears... You'll need to close the game and reopen after making the change in the code.
    Note that the above 10 condition was put there for some reason. I don't remember what exactly but I think it wasthat the slider numbers were incorrect due to dividing too low numbers.
    edited June 2016
    Yup... it was added as the slider numbers look odd for small quantities:

However, I notice that the slider numbers also have a >10 enabled line so by just commenting the slider enabled line and leaving the numbers with the condition requirement, you end up with the following for small quantities (which works but is not perfect).

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    DaTroll said:

I love the quickloot! Thank you for your work. This GUI is awsome!

That's how i imagined quickloot. I even wrote topic about it and i wonder if Pecca read it or is it just coincidence. It should be implemented by Beamdog - huge improvement :).
    I didn't read it. I'm glad it doesn't seem to cause bugs so far, because the code is experimental. The slots may shift positions when UI.menu file is opened while running the game and using F11 mode at the same time.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited June 2016
    Etamin said:

It should be implemented by Beamdog - huge improvement :).

That goes for many of the things this mods does.

Beamdog's SoD UI is really kind of embarrassing by 2016 standards.
    There are just so many obvious flaws and "WTF moments" with it, which would have been easily caught by most other professional (i.e. non-indie) game dev studios.
    Not to mention that they didn't even try to take advantage of today's widescreen monitors.

(The EE 1.x UI wasn't great either, but at least then they had the excuse that they didn't want to deviate too much from the original BG2:ToB interface.)

It seems Beamdog have great programmers, and they have artists who can paint pretty UI backgrounds, but not a single person on their team with the slightest knack for UI design (layout and interaction wise)... :/

I'm glad that @Pecca came to the rescue and showed how it's done.
    Hopefully, for BG3 (or whatever their next game is), Beamdog has the sense to hire someone like him.

(And hopefully, Pecca's plan to do a similar UI overhaul for BG2:EE comes to fruition.)
    edited June 2016
    I agree the default GUI leaves a lot to be desired style-wise, on the other hand I have the luxury of a total freedom of doing whatever I see fit. I also choose to cater only for a specific playerbase (unscaled Full HD, non touchscreen) for maximum effect, which I think puts a serious advantage over Beamdog's internal processes. Plus a significant portion of this mod was done only thanks to BD's decision to softcode and streamline GUI modding.
    That said, looking at something in the default UI yeah, I often say - this just doesn't look good. BD should definitely have a guy who says that.

Another small fix released (v2.05) - I forgot to update a mage spellbook label and character name - fixed.
    After installing the mod and launching the game, I get  [string “L_it_IT.lua”]: unexpected symbol near char(239)

@Aedan: When did this start happening? with v2.05 version or after game v2.3 patch?
    Try this hotfix:
    Illustair said:

Am I who doesn't like the black background at all? Hope there would be an option to remove that

@Illustair: Put this to your override if you want to remove the black background. It will be in a future update of this mod.
  • improbabileimprobabile Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 195
    edited June 2016
    Pecca said:

Try this hotfix:

Hi.

After the hotfix the message is: [string “L_it_IT.lua”]: 714: invalid escape sequence near '\'
    @improbabile okay try this: