Skip to content

[Neverwinter] Latest Trailers! Neverwinter goes Ravenloft! And meets Acquisitions Incorporated!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2018 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    edited May 2016
    They keep trying to get me to go back to the game :/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Yeah, I've played Neverwinter and enjoyed it. I stopped playing when I became disenchanted with Cryptic's way of doing business (no need to go into that) but I am likely to give it another go in the future.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I have it dled on my xbox one. did the prologue. I played a halfling paladin. I found it alright, but didn't revisit it yet... I heard mix reviews on it as well. I may give it another go, but so many other tempting games to play with so little time.
    edited May 2016
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Shandyr I would make the name relate to Baldur's Gate and real world.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Hounds of the Beam
    @Shandyr Oops I meant to say *not* real world. Early mornings...
    So to pick your examples Knights of Baldur's Gate or Fellowship of Baldur's Gate
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Fellowship of the Errow?

The dogs of beam.

Forumatic dogbeams.

The dogs beams.

Defenders of the beamdog.

Defenders of the Gate.
    I like Neverwinter, just don't have the time to put into an MMO at the moment... I'm like this extremely casual, casual player :D
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    I read Maggotmasher and now I have the "boil em mash em stick them in a stew" song stuck in my head and feel slightly ill.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited June 2016
    You do make it sound intriguing. I'd probably try it if I hadn't *just* gotten into MMX a few days ago. I definitely want to finish with that, and then I'm wanting to try Divinity: Original Sin again, because I haven't played it since they rebuilt it. I also still haven't finished Siege of Dragonspear all the way to the end, and I do mean to go back to it when my mood cycles back around to being in the mood for Infinity Engine games again. (I'm still trying to avoid spoilers of the ending of SoD.)

I think I'll have to file this suggestion under "So many good games, so few hours in a day."

Does the Neverwinter mmorpg have good quests and dungeons that can be done single player? I don't usually play well with others, although if a forum guild actually turns into a thing, I wouldn't mind some group play with forum friends I can trust not to be jerks.

I actually put a good 200 hours or more into World of Warcraft, mostly enjoying the things in that game that can be done as a single player. I tried a few guilds and ran a few dungeons with them, and I didn't like the pressure and the pace, which is the extreme opposite of my preferred "relaxed" pace. I never went on a raid, nor was I interested in one, and I *hated* pick-up groups. The people in them were mostly on the worst human behavior possible - rudeness, meanness, insults, not understanding at all of noobs or differing play styles, cursing, obscenity - you name it.

But I spent many happy hours just making bandages, collecting herbs and metals, making potions, smelting metal, blacksmithing items, and getting achievements for completing all the single player quests in the various zones. I also had some fun learning to play and manipulate the auction house economy to increase my wealth. Does Neverwinter have anything like those things, or is all the content produced to require grouping up?

EDIT: Btw, on your point about missing out on a game you like for a long time, because you listened to the negative opinions of others, that's exactly what happened to me with MMX. I'm learning that if I find a game interesting, I should just buy it and try it for myself, and not be so dependent on other people's reactions to stuff, which I'm finding is no indicator at all of whether *I'll* like it.
    edited June 2016
    @Shandyr you're really tempting me to go back to Neverwinter :)
    edited June 2016
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I might be game for it. I'll need to first download the game, but if I can get into a guild with people from the forum, that sounds much better than playing it alone.
    @Shandyr Nice name. I think mentioning a real world company like Beamdog wouldn't be appropriate. Good job. This is free to play, right?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited June 2016
    I'll play n_n

Is there a particular server I need to choose?

Edit: Also do I need to buy anything? I can drop some money on neverwinter like I did for DDO if it's worth
    edited June 2016
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Patching it now. I play Bards and Necromancers in PnP games, CRPGs, and DDO.

Seeing there is neither a necromancer nor a bard I'm not sure what to pick.