Skip to content

[MOD] High Power Baldur's Gate v2.5.0

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Cool!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I just released Version 2.2.2. The game will no longer crash when selecting a spell for a sequencer or contingency.

Download

Also, I highly recommend you download the latest version of EEex. The latest version of EEex fixes another one of the issues that was causing frequent crashes.
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    This jump spell would be neat to have as a normal strength based ability for all character classes, so you could jump over things like small fences, ponds and chasms without having to wade around every small obstacle in the game.
    Might possibly be game breaking though, idk.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    How EET compatible is this? What about compatibility with new classes/kits like Warlock?
    @Endarire It's not really compatible with EET. I don't think it will install right on EET, and the mod currently doesn't modify creatures in BG2 or SOD.
  • WhitefoxWhitefox Member Posts: 24
    i wana play with this mod but my installer keeps telling me EEee isnt installed, even though it is. Am i missing something obviouse or is this a problem for everyone?
    @Whitefox Can you zip your WeiDU.log file and post it here? If you have EEex installed, then unless something weird happened to your WeiDU.log file, the mod should work.
    i will do so but first answer me a question before you go through a bunch of hassle lol. Does it matter if the mod installer is in a different folder and its just not registering the EE?
    its working just fine being manually installed. Seems to be mod installer problem rather than a mod problem.
    here the log....well....a log...not sure where im spose to look lol. Disregard alot of the errors for other mods. I just rushed through getting you a log, cause i must deleted and remoded my bg several times today tryin to fix problems lol

@Whitefox
    its working just fine being manually installed. Seems to be mod installer problem rather than a mod problem.

Ah, that makes more sense. Well, if it works when you install it manually, then do that.

Also, please share your experiences here as you play! I don't get much feedback on this mod.
    well of course....if i get things working..the last iteration i kept getting a black screen when i left canddlekeep. Could still here sound and such though. Had to tab out to task manager and force close the game lol. But i will keep at it :D
    alright...now for some reason i cant get outa candlekeep. Ive tried it vanilla. it works, with just the EEee mod on and it works...but when i ad your mod i cant make it outa candlekeep...keeps blackscreening me. You can still hear sound, but if ya leave it alone long enough it crashes to desktop.
    Im goin go through a couple more test iterations tomorrow and see if i cant give ya more useful information.
    @Whitefox That doesn't happen for me when I try the mod. Have you tried repeatedly pressing Esc to skip the cutscenes?
    edited December 2019
    Esc dosnt work im afaraid. Isnt the auto installer spose to install everything? Cause it dosnt for me and i get a bunch a errors telling me the main component isnt installed. EDIT-just disregard..i dont know whats goin on anymore lol
    Still crashes when i try to leave candlekeep..but i can load up a game just after i left...me suspects for some reason the cutscene is crashing me game and not sure why.
    edited December 2019
    redacted
    Post edited by Whitefox on
    Im just finding all kinds a probems to bother you lol...What does this error mean andd how is it fixed?
    @Whitefox Okay, I just released a fix that might solve that installation error. You can download the new version here.
    i shall try it post haste...thank you :smile:
    edited December 2019
    im prolly doin something wrong cause im borderline retarded, but i cant make it work. But i just did a work around...played until i left candlekeep...THEN installed your mod manuelly. If i can remember even how i got it to work this time lol..like i said...borderline...
  • Force2reckonForce2reckon Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2019
    Hi there Olvyn! I just made this account real quick to ask about an error I'm having during setup and share the log. It said to ask here so... Here it is! I actually have a bit of experience with code and such, was able to bypass an earlier error during set up, which I'll detail here in case you wanna look at it:
    Setup called for a file that didn't exist, but there was a file with a similar name just missing a letter. The installer called for M_MECBG1.lua in HighPower/lua. However there were only 5 files, M_MECB1, M_MECB2, M_MECET, M_MECIW, and M_MEFLYA. Renaming M_MECB1 to M_MECBG1 worked to get passed that and it patched just fine. Dunno if that's something up with the setup calling for the wrong file, or the file actually being misnamed. Or if I just derped it. Don't need help with that though I don't think, just thought I'd let you know so you can check it.

The issue I'm having *now* is a different issue that I *don't* know how to resolve
    The specific error happening, I believe is below:
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [./override/mewi352.spl] loaded, 202 bytes
    ERROR: No translation provided for @30030
    ERROR: [mewi352.spl] -> [override/SPWI329.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [High Power Baldur's Gate], rolling back to previous state

Full log is attached in case there's other info in there you need! I was hoping to get this set up tonight and have a character made before sleep but oh well! Hope you can help, and thank you for your time!
    @Force2reckon Okay, I fixed both issues. It installs fine for me. You can download the new version here.

@Whitefox Try this new version as well.
    Thats it!! Thank you....now i can play my marry sue badass wizard wannabe self muwhahahaahhahaahaa........Balders gate...treeeeeeeemble before my countenance!!!
    And no crash when i leave candlekeep. Double thank you <3
    Thaaaank you Olvyn! I'll test it out soon but it looks like it works fantastic from Whites respons!
    sigh

So now I'm getting something else? This may be because I have a mod that's buggered it so it's not compatible, mods I've installed, and the order (other than EEex)
    bg1re, bg1ub, bgqe, artisanskitpack.

Here's the new error:
    FAILURE:
    GET_2DA_ROW: Could not find a row that contains AVENGER in column 0.
    ERROR: [luabbr.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("GET_2DA_ROW: Could not find a row that contains AVENGER in column 0."))
    ERROR: [clastext.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("GET_2DA_ROW: Could not find a row that contains AVENGER in column 0."))
    Full thing attached as well in case it's needed.
    with a full mod integration im getting the crash at candlekeep thing again. I have a mod that spawns more enemies and usually on the candlekeep Cutscene with gorion two archers and an extra ogre spawn with the bad guys that attack us. My theory is, and is a base theory with no evidence, is that your mod is giving the main dood wharever you gave him in the mod, and the game dosnt know how to deal with it. But idk...its a theory...my days of coding and such are long gone so im not even gona attempt to look into this. Also i was just messing around in candlekeep to see what else i can break, and everytime i prepare one of the new spells from your pack and try to rest, my game stops responding and crashes. So i probably got some incompatibility issues as well.