Skip to content

Problem with maximum spells per level

AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
According to the manual, the intelligence of spell casters determines how many spells they can learn for each spell level. In the attached save Nalia has learned 15 level 5 spells and 17 level 6 spells. Nalia's intelligence is 17, so her limit is 14 spells per level. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Post edited by Alonso on

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited August 2016
    If you've drunk a potion of genius (for example) you have temporarily raised her intelligence, so she can learn more spells.

After the potion wears off you don't forget those spells... it's a 'workaround' for mages to learn more spells than their base intelligence allows.

I usually wait until I have quite a few unlearnt spells and then chug a potion, and add them all in one go.
    joluvSkarosebleusteelAlonso
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Yep, that's it, for sure. I always drink a potion or two before learning spells, but I just do it to get better learning chances. Never thought of this "side effect". Sounds a bit cheesy, but I guess it's better than if the game randomly erased some spells when the effect of the potions wore out.
    Mr2150
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also, drinking potions of INT is the only way a lot of the mage casters are going to be getting some level 9 spells, unless you wait for machine of LtM and wear the golden ioun stone
    AlonsoMr2150