Skip to content

The Road to v2.0 Reward #3: Portraits, a Pregen Char and the Siege of Dragonspear CE copies

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited September 2016 in Archived News
Today we're happy to bring you new rewards for clearing milestones during the Road to v.2.0.

Hero of a Thousand Faces

Remember how you all submitted more than 500 screenshots of your characters? As a reward, we have created a special character that you can download and import into a new game.

Meet Lanteri, a halfling cleric of Tyr:

Lanteri comes with a set of custom-fitted gear that's guaranteed to make the other adventurers jealous. (All of this equipment will use existing in-game items to avoid compatibility issues with mods you may have installed.)

Also, Lanteri has a unique biography.

As a child, the halfling Lanteri never dreamed of leaving Candlekeep. Why would he, when Candlekeep was itself a repository of dreams, bound in the countless volumes of its vast libraries. He lost himself in those books’ pages, transported to the farthest reaches of Faerun—and beyond—without ever setting foot outside the keep’s walls.

This suited his foster father, Gorion, well enough. His closest friend, Imoen, was less thrilled. She thought Lanteri spent more time in his own head than the real world, and was frustrated by his refusal to see that as a problem. The difference in outlooks seemed insurmountable, and for a handful of years the two drifted apart.

In his twelfth year, Lanteri, shuffling to Gorion’s quarters after a long day of reading, stumbled upon Imoen climbing down into the waste-filled tunnels beneath the keep. What possessed him to follow her, he doesn’t know, but follow her he did, swimming through the putrid waters that brought him outside of Candlekeep for the first time he could remember.

Beyond the walls, Lanteri felt fear as never before. The difference between reading an adventure and living one became startlingly clear. The temptation to return from whence he came was strong, but he resisted. Though they had been distant from each other for some time, Lanteri’s concern for Imoen exceeded that which he felt for himself.

He followed her into the trees, staying downwind to avoid detection. He couldn’t match her stealth, but her attention was focused on what was ahead of her, not behind. And so she was unaware of his presence when she came upon a bandit encampment. He watched, fascinated, as she crept through the murky shadows around the camp, picking through the bandits’ bags as they sang and caroused around an open fire pit.

Fascination turned to horror when the bandits’ leader, the half-orc Strash, spotted Imoen. She dived for cover in the brush, but Strash was too fast. His whip lashed out, wrapping itself around her ankles. She was dragged, screaming, into the camp, and quickly surrounded.

What Lanteri did then has filled him with shame ever since, for what he did… was nothing. With his friend at the mercy of bloodthirsty villains, he found himself paralyzed by fear. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he saw Strash reach for Imoen. His blood ran cold with the certainty he would watch her die.

He would have, too, had the Knights of Holy Judgment not descended upon Strash’s camp at that moment. Armor gleaming, swords flashing in the firelight, they cut a bloody trail through Strash’s band. In seconds, Tyr’s knights and Imoen were the only ones left alive in the ruined camp.

The paladins returned a shaken Imoen to Candlekeep. Lanteri made the journey back the same way he’d left, earning himself a lecture from Gorion about the importance of personal hygeine.

Lanteri never told anyone what he’d witnessed that night outside Candlekeep’s walls, not even Imoen. But what happened affected him deeply. He had felt fear as never before, and witnessed the courage living, breathing men and women could possess. He pursued the latter with a hitherto unseen zeal, devoting himself to the Maimed God. in time, Tyr repaid his worship with divine powers. When those powers are sufficiently advanced, Lanteri planned venture forth from Candlekeep once more. This time, he would feel no fear—just the righteous certainty of one who lives their life in service to justice.

You can download all Lanteri files here:

Pregen File, including Portrait
Large Portrait
Game-size

Know Thy Selfie

"Baldurize! Baldurize! Baldurize!" How lucky you must be to get your own portrait in the same line as the portraits of Cameron Tofer (Garrick) and Trent Oster (Dorn)!

@Skandii and @Heavyline, the Hour of the Star has come! Now everyone can adventure on the Sword Coast with you.

Skandii's Custom Portrait
Large
Game-size

Heavyline's Custom Portrait
Large
Game-size

Over-Achievers Anonymous

The reward is getting a copy of the Siege of Dragonspear Collector's Edition for free as soon as it becomes available.

The original conditions were that you had to unlock all of the achievements in BG:EE or BGII:EE and show the appropriate screenshot. One participant from BG:EE and one from BGII:EE had a chance to be given this amazing prize.

Because we were delayed in getting the rewards out the door, we're going to award everyone, who unlocked all of the achievements during the Road to v.2.0 and showed it, with the Collector's Edition!

Congratulations, @00zim00, @Adul, @bleusteel, @Greenman019, @Heavyline and @Holy_Jalor!

Enjoy your rewards!
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
[Deleted User]PeccaSkandiiRodrianAdulMagpieRandomsMr2150bleusteelmf2112AerakarsparkleavAedanhook71NonnahswriterAnduin00zim00Troodon80rorikonHurricaneGenderNihilismGirdleAbelLeoNegusmlneveseHeavylinekaguanamarkzakuNecdilzorcmk24CARV3RGate70SilverstarlolienKenjiCrevsDaakdeltagoSymphony

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @JuliusBorisov: He's a halfling now, but the .zip file now has everything in a subfolder (which means you can't just drag it over to the Documents\BG1 folder and extract the files there, like you could do with the first zip you uploaded), and for some reason, this includes a thumbs.db file.

Also, it would perhaps be nice to have a zip file that contains the character and all three portraits in one?
    JuliusBorisovAerakarGenderNihilismGirdle
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Those are some really great portraits I'd actually love for then to be added as official options! My custom artwork folder is full and of Farscape and Psych characters and portraits of Scott Bakula(I thought it would be funny to run theough the games as Sam Beckett l sue me!)
    AdulJuliusBorisovSkandiilolien
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited September 2016
    I wish I knew there was a contest for unlocking all of the achievements, I unlocked all of the BG2 achievements a couple of months ago
    bleusteelGenderNihilismGirdlelolien
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    sarevok57 said:

I wish I knew there was a contest for unlocking all of the achievements, I unlocked all of the BG2 achievements a couple of months ago

It was only during the beta. You had to prove you unlocked them all prior to release. It was brutal :-)
    sarevok57GenderNihilismGirdleJuliusBorisovlolien
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Congrats everyone, the portraits are amazing.
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdlesparkleavlolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    What I am supposed to do in order to make Lanteri appear as a Pregen Char ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Lucke93 Put his files into Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder (they will go into "portraits" and "characters" subfolders).
    _Luke_mf2112
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited September 2016

Lanteri comes with a set of custom-fitted gear that's guaranteed to make the other adventurers jealous.

I wonder, could someone please tell me what the gear is :) ? Im pc is kinda broken atm so i cant check and im curious :o !
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Helmet, Splint Mail, Small Shield, Mace, Sling and bullets. It's a boost if compared to starting with a quarterstaff.
    00zim00RodrianGenderNihilismGirdle
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267

Helmet, Splint Mail, Small Shield, Mace, Sling and bullets. It's a boost if compared to starting with a quarterstaff.

Awesome, thanks :) . Dont tell me!, but I hope its the winged helm to match the pic :*
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdle
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

@Lucke93 Put his files into Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder (they will go into "portraits" and "characters" subfolders).

Thanks! The problem was that I didn't know the rightful location of the .bio and .chr files.......
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdle