Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• ElfenixElfenix Member Posts: 13
    Wow... It looks just perfect, it has everything we need and it confirms that this good old journal is so much better than the 2.0 (at least for me)... It's really beautiful and efficient, good job!

I don't know what you plan next for the v1 but for me this version 0.6.1 is the ultimate BG2 GUI! Everything that I was looking for is there : a proper journal, a nice record screen, lot of tweaks and working with EET!

Thanks a lot for all your work, I was unable to play BGEE since Dragonspear's update messed up the GUI and now I'm going to start the whole saga again with EET and your GUI from BGEE to ToB.
    If I met any problem related to your GUI I'd come back here.

edited November 2016
    First "bug" encountered : beginning of Chapter One, the picture displayed during the introduction is for SoD, we should see Sarevok I guess.
    I also have a problem with Prologue not appearing in the journal once the Chapter one start but I think it's an EET bug.

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019

Post edited by lefreut on
    I couldn't find this line in the UI.menu but I found it in your initial files (before installation) so I have uninstalled bg2 and eet, removed this line in the initial files and reinstalled everything and yipee it works!

For the prologue bug, it was EET 7.0 : the new version 7.1 correct this bug so now everything works.

Thanks for your reactivity!
  • switchzaswitchza Member Posts: 15
    lefreut said:

v
    Due to engine restriction, the keyboard shortcuts to switch between screens are harcoded to their default values (I, J, R,...). Also there is no Revert button because I didn't find how to do it.

Lefreut, superb work with the journal. This hardcoded shortcuts change is a real pain for me though. I use W,A,S,D to move the camera. Now W opens the mage spellbook *cry*

edited November 2019
    Thank you, back in action!
    edited November 2019
    lefreut said:

v0.7 is out :)

I also update the journal code to no longer use hardcoded keyboard shortcuts (the code is ugly but it should work).

As usual, feel free to report any bugs or suggestions :)

I'm not sure if I've butchered something else, but the keybinds still don't work. I have WASD bound to "Scroll Up", down, left and right under gameplay -> assign keys, but using them in game does nothing.

If I delete the lines for on W, etc, like these:
    label { on D action "keyPress(100)"}

Then they work.

Hope it helps.

edited November 2019
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2016
    Hi. Thanks for EET compability. Finally some good UI mod which support this conversion. Two suggestions:
    1) Dialog box is a little too big, which prevent clicking at bottom map border to move to another area. You need to click next to it. One line shorter would be perfect.
    2) Journal popups looks much better now, but they could have a scroll, which would let you scroll it down and read remaining text. Now you need to click on it to open up journal.
    PS: Can you move it to github, so we could add it to BWS?
    Post edited by Etamin on
    edited November 2016
    lefreut said:

Etamin said:

2) Journal popups looks much better now, but they could have a scroll, which would let you scroll it down and read remaining text. Now you need to click on it to open up journal.

You only see the popup for a few seconds so I don't know if a scrollbar is really useful here.
    It's visible for good 6-7s. In my opinion that's enough time to mouse it over and read all entry. Mousing it over could also stop it from disappearing (is it's possible).
    EDIT: Just checked popup time. By default it's 6 seconds, but with your mod it's 16 s. I'm not sure of this in intentional. In my opinion 10s with scroll would be ok or old 6s. 16s it's far too much to read 3 short lines of text. In Friendly Arm Inn, where i got 5 quest, popups was showing up for good 2 mins.
    Post edited by Etamin on
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Such wonderful work! Thank you again @Iefreut :)

Do you plan to give the mage book a similar treatment as what you did with the priest screen?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    lefreut said:

I start to look at converting the mod to use weidu but it will only copy all the files into the override folder. Do you think it's useful to do it ?

Also as the first stable release is close, I need to find a name for the mod, any suggestions ?

Making WeiDU mods are always useful, but is it possible that you could code it in a way to select the components for installation? I personally love all that you have done with the UI, but there may be players that like some tweaked screens and dislike the others. Such players may be inclined to install your great mod more often if the have a possibility to select components. There are lot of fans of modular mods out there.
    edited November 2019
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    Outstanding job! I'm really looking forward to the Mage spell book rework.

As for EEUITweaks - My plan is to include all of the elements of this UI as installable components. Due to 'mundane life' obligations, I'm running a bit behind at the moment; but I anticipate having more time available shortly. I also intend to include this package as one of the 'Full UI.MENU' platforms for determining compatibility/appropriateness of other EEUITweaks mods. Which leads to the next item.

Please distribute this as a Weidu package. Doing so makes it much easier and more reliable for other mods/packages to determine if your package has been installed. If you would rather not spend your time digging into the (admittedly somewhat daunting) syntax of Weidu - I would be more than happy to develop and test the Weidu code for you. I'm not a master of all of the subtle aspects of Weidu, but this should be a fairly simple and straightforward exercise. If you would like a set of 'expert eyes' to look it over, I suspect that @subtledoctor would be willing to provide feedback and/or advice.

Once again - thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,177
    Cool. The vanilla bams are so much better. It might be worth a feature request.
    Do you have any plans to remove the green overlays from the store screen fields? Or can this even be done?
    edited November 2019
    Awesome! Excited for v1.0

I've picked up what seems to be a bug which crept in between 0.7 and 0.9 where using the portrait selector for existing characters (via customize -> appearance) no longer automatically rescales custom 210x330 portraits down for the sidebar. Instead there the blank questionmark in the sidebar.

I tested this by removing override folder, loading game and using default portrait picker, which successfully sets all sizes of the custom portrait. I can even t hen re-apply the UI mod and it continues to work. Odd!
    Two more small ones:

1. The mage book seems to be affected by the priest scroll changes in that open, or 'new' spell slots for a level are not visible, they used to appear as empty squares, now it is just blank:

2. The vanilla bam icons for certain spells are really blurry and don't look good. Maybe it's my setup? Is there some way to revert back to EE icons?

I meant the first one, where the green ends up covering the whole screen. (shudder) ;)

I agree that having the very slight green overlay covering just the scroll icon in your second example is helpful.

Wonderful to know that you intend to fix it!
    edited November 2016
    switchza said:

2. The vanilla bam icons for certain spells are really blurry and don't look good. Maybe it's my setup? Is there some way to revert back to EE icons?

I think it's just you. My looks fine:

Just small advice - add override folder if you can. Games by default don't have it, so new players may not know where to create it.
    edited November 2019
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    lefreut said:

Right now, I have something that does COPY ~ui_mod/copy~ ~override~. I don't know if I want something more complicated or not.

That is all that is needed. If you anticipate wanting to support multiple language installations, or if you anticipate adding additional components, some minor 'polish' might be added. Otherwise - you're set. The only hard question is:

lefreut said:

Also as the first stable release is close, I need to find a name for the mod, any suggestions ?

My vote is for 'Lefreut's Enhanced UI'. Not very original, but descriptive. :D

edited November 2019
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yet another Enhanced UI :p