Skip to content

[mod] Will of the Wisps - Shamanic enhancements

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @LavaDelVortel would you consider traifying the mod? I wonder if it's a difficult process or do you have a habit to just not traifying your mods on a release? Just a simple question, no attack :p I know there is a AUTO_TRA function in WeiDU, but perhaps is not just that simple to use as it's name suggests.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @LavaDelVortel congrats on a release! really happy to see this done and looking forward to adding this to my must-have-mods list for bg2 ;)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    @Cahir - a final version should be traified, otherwise adding any lines etc is just a huge pain in the back. I guess version 2.0 will be traified, but first - bughunting and that kind of fun!

@trinit - thanks! Hope you'll like it!
    lolien
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @LavaDelVortel ahh, true it did not occur to me that you may still add content to the mod. Fair enough :)
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Really pumped to play this. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!
    Hope you'll like it! There's also this mod if you haven't tried it yet:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62741/wilson-chronicles-expansion-of-the-furry-paragon#latest
    Papa_Lou
    Ulb said:

Looks great, congratulations on the release!
    I just started a new run two days ago though, so this iwll have to wait a little longer.
    A question though; How suitable are the stronghold quests and will for an evil PC?

As for the quest and evil PC... well, as rest of the game it may work better with good or neutral, but in the mod you don't really interact with "normal people", so... ;)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    I see, thanks for the info.
    Oh and by the way, is this EET compatible yet? (Would also really like to play your Rakshasa NPC once it gets EET ready, SoD is severely lacking some good fighter options for the early game.)
    No EET compatibility yet, I suppose @agb1 will need to help with this, but there are some other things we need to check before we move on to that. EET compatiblity will come with some bugfixing, if some people will report some problematic stuff.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    If the wisp that initiates the mod contents isn't showing up for anyone (like me, all of a sudden) for whatever reason... use the following console commands to force the encounter.

C:SetGlobal("L0StartWisp","GLOBAL",2)
    C:CreateCreature("l0wisp1")
    A small update. Not sure if anyone else had the problem as Artemius_I, it may be affected by other mods or a huge number of mods, but this version should work a bit better... so 1.1 is up.

4th Janunary 2017 - v.1.1:
    -fixed name of the dark treants
    -fixed possible problem with Wisp not spawning (EXTEND_BOTTOM / EXTEND_TOP)
    -fixed Restore Form spell description
    -fixed missing "=" in L0WillJ.d file
    Grammarsalad
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    A wish :)

Please add the version number to your WEIDU.LOG entries.
    It may prevent future problems with different mod versions.
    Huh, I used them once, but then I relealized that I can't remember to update them...

Huh, I used them once, but then I relealized that I can't remember to update them...

I'm sure you'll bring it off... :)
    Maybe. I just hope it will be possible to make a "final release" and that everything will work fine and I won't have to maintain the mod much.
    BTW, added a banner in the first post. It should look a bit better now.
    The grotto is BEAUTIFUL!
    The "effect shows" are great!
    :)
    The area is an edited version of SoD area, with some effects and characters that should make the pace feel a bit more... magical and unusual. I thought it would work well with shamans.

Will may be joined in the grotto. He has some talks, he's voiced (hope he sounds "ghostly" enough) and I hope his character and dialogues may be considered at least a tiny bit enjoyable.
    lolien
    edited January 2017
    I have played the Shaman Hold to the end (I think)... very good! :)

Will must wait for another game; this time I have choosen to play a WS myself.
    I'm at lvl 14 now and the kit seems ok, too...

Spirit Treant
    Maybe you rethink this feature.
    It kills my DEX (ok) AND lowers my STR (not ok).
    Please give it s.th. like DEX-5 and STR+5. :)

WS Kits
    Did you solve the problem of importing a WS from BG:EE to BG2:EE?
    Post edited by egbert on
    egbert said:

Spirit Treant

All vanilla shapeshifts set your strength rather than modifying it from the caster's strength. This shapeshift works the same way. Maybe a buff to 19 is warranted but it's not supposed to be offensive. It's supposed to provide safe summoning and damage resistance.
    egbert said:

WS Kits
    Did you solve the problem of importing a WS from BG:EE to BG2:EE?

*sigh* This again...

This. Is. Not. Feasible. Use. EEKeeper.

egbert said:

Spirit Treant

All vanilla shapeshifts set your strength rather than modifying it from the caster's strength. This shapeshift works the same way. Maybe a buff to 19 is warranted but it's not supposed to be offensive. It's supposed to provide safe summoning and damage resistance.
    It maybe by the rules but IMO it makes it lesser than useless. :'(
    The other advantages are more than compensated by the negative Fire Resistance.
    edited January 2017
    @egbert

Don't... use it against fire? Cast Protection from Fire, which is... you know, a druid/shaman spell?

I was the one who designed the kit, and when I tested the first iteration of the spell it was so ridiculous I had to tone it down by giving it a limited duration. Even now I think it's pretty stupid for having 50% physical resistance alone. It's not a braindead ability but it's anything but useless.
    Since the SHS uploader is fixed, the new download link was added. Cheers!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    BG2EE only? Can this be installed in BG1 for the kit?
    As in the first post: "Keep in mind that the mod was created with BG2 in mind, so if you try to install the mod on BG1, you will only see the component with the new shamanic kit."
    Yes, you may install it on BG1EE to use this kit.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Ok, I'm feeling kind of stupid for missing it. Thanks!
    Nah, that kind of stuff may be missed easily.
    Raduzieljobby
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I just want to be sure, before installing and start playing - is there any parts of this mod, that require up to date version (2.3...) of game? Because I play on Android, where recent up to date version is only 1.3.... Thanks.
    Uhm, I may be wrong, but wasn't shaman introduced in 2.0? This mod for sure won't work on versions earlier than 2.0.
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Oh, my :flushed: Sorry, I´m stupid.
    Uhm, it's nothing. I suppose you're not the only one that will ask me the question :)