Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Yeah, nothing big on my side... I only just killed a green dragon a few seconds ago... I'll make an update later tonight !! B)
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Hrhr - nice beating @Arctodus! Going in blind at these fights is pretty cool no? ;)

But - hey - something is missing here: Where is the Shadow Aspect? Have you met this beast? Or did you miss the secret room?

With regard to Korgath: Will have to see! My main problem is that SoA just feels so much easier after the final chapter of SoD that it starts to get boring for me. I rolled a Druid late at night - but more on that later! ;)

But - hey - something is missing here: Where is the Shadow Aspect? Have you met this beast? Or did you miss the secret room?

I must have missed it, because I don't know what you're talking about !! Will investigate...
    edited March 2017
    I am sure you will find it @Arctodus - this should be big pain incoming! :D

As i said earlier i rolled an Avenger last night - just for the fun of it. And - believe it or not - i got a 95 at the fifth roll. LOL. If i find some time i might start with him in the next days - hopefully. Until then say hello to Vyn, the Human Avenger - Protector of Mother Nature and Hunter of all its Defilers:

Post edited by Harpagornis on
    edited March 2017

I am sure you will find it @Arctodus - this should be big pain incoming! :D

Yeah, I found the Shadow Aspect... and, well, there was lots of pain involved (lots of chunking too :p )... I really don't know how I could beat it, so I looted the chest and ran out. Maybe I'll come back to it later, I don't know. I just can't see a way to deal with it as a pure fighter...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325

Very nice!
    I have done a lot of theory crafting with Polymorph today (and sadly not progressed due to that. :disappointed: ) and even tho a big element of cheese for SoA/ToB got removed (namely sequencer with Ghoul Touch, which used to dispel your fist weapons so you could use normal weapons while morphed, but now it dispels the entire morph :D) I still think for BG1/SoD there are a lot of applications for both Flind and Jelly.

Apologies for the OT, but I was just browsing the forums for some up-to-date intelligence on the interplay between polymorph and touch spells (as I did not manage to do the respective testing myself yet :)). Is my understanding correct that casting ghoul touch/chill touch/shocking grasp (via sequencer or scrolls) while polymorphed/shapechanged dispels your active form? Or does this occur only once the duration of the touch spell expires?

Many thanks!

B.
    edited March 2017
    Cant answer you this one @Borco as i never play Mages. Maybe someone else can help? ;)

Krell in the meanwhile storms through SoA like there is no tomorrow. After doing several quests in the city he defeated Faldorn some minutes ago and is now the new Great Druid of the Grove. Harm keeps destroying anything so most battles are over before they have begun. Oh, not to forget: Level 14 reached. Time to put in Natures Beauty into our cheese arsenal. The only enemies that might be troublesome are either the ones with high magic resistance or big groups where Harm is just too slow. But there are other ways around - i am sure! :D

Last but not least: With Belm and Rashads Claw Krell now has two fine Scimitars at his disposal. Once the Ring of Gaxx is in his pocket he will transform into a slashing whirlwind of death! :D
    edited March 2017
    Short update cause i wanted to show how Krell fights against Liches without Mace of Disruption cheese.

His tactic is quite simple but very effective:

1. Summon Simulacrum + two Genies
    2. Cast Harm and release the Lich
    3. Before it appears the Simulacrum will start casting Insect Swarm so the spell hits the Lich right at the moment it turns hostile. Its just timing. The Genies are waiting in the back to Cast Magic Missiles right after Krell landed his Harm so the Lich does not get any chance to get out his protections before going down.

Here is how the setup looked like against the Shade Lich right when the action starts:

All planning was obsolete. The Magic Missiles fizzled and the Insect Swarm went into oblivion cause Krell - thanks to his dual wielding Scimitars - finished the Lich with a 22 damage blow right after getting in the Harm:

At least the Screenhots looked pretty even though there was no need for his friends - this time! ;)

EDIT: I realized that the Lich is immune against Magic Missiles. Bad planning i call this. Krell is just a luckor! :D

EDIT2: The Simulacrum should just attack with Scimitars and not cast Insect Swarm!!!
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Would the lich have been affected by those spells anyway - liches should be immune to spells below level 6 ...
    Yes, you are right @Grond0 - completly forgot about that one. LOL. So just Harm + Hacking to finish it. Its so easy! :D
    No problem, mate. It's not a speedrun contest. :)
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, not problem @Victor_Creed_SFV - you have all the time in the world! ;)

I am also losing motivation with Krell cause with Harm most parts of SoA are no challenge anymore. The only enemy where it did not work was Demi Lich Kangaxx so far. So the consequences are: Either switch to Korgath and play on SoA or try to beat BG1 with a level 1 Warrior or Thief using our settings. Hhhmmmm... :D
    Even if SoA is no challenge, that doesn't necessarily mean that ToB won't be ...
    edited March 2017

on my install (BWS + SCS on the latest BGEE patch) having any of the touch spells in a sequencer (you can't cast while polymorphed) or using a scroll will dispel your polymorph form completely, you don't just lose the weapons but the appearance and all benefits of the polymorph.

I think I tested behaviour previously on unmodded BGEE, so thought I should double-check with the SoD SCS installation I've been using for this thread. That shows the behaviour is as I described before, i.e. ghoul touch will replace the standard spider weapon without losing polymorph benefits.
    I don't know why that is different from @Victor_Creed_SFV, but would guess it's the source of the original game (mine is Beamdog).
    You are right @Grond0 - ToB will be more challenging. But after working hard with Su´kka this run feels just like a walk in the park...
    On your next run, you might wanna try Spell Revisions. Low level druid spells get a serious boost, but things like Harm wouldn't break the game anymore, because it then would do flat damage (90 if I remember correctly) instead of taking the enemy to 1 hp. With a druid, you still would have to work with LoB.
    Ah, this sounds interesting - thanks @Arctodus! I like to suffer so i will stop Krell for now and maybe give Korgath a try in the next days - at least this should be more challenging. Well - we will see! :D
    edited March 2017
    Good progress @chimaera! Yeah, Jon in Hell is bugged and no big fight - its a real pity. Hhhmmmm... Illasera was tough? Hhhmmmm.... thats interesting. Su´kka used the "i can see you through invisibilty" to her advantage so after luring lllasera away from the others the usual GWW-spamming took her down quite fast.

Anyway: I have started with Korgath in SoA. He´s still in the starting dungeon but having big fun with trapping and stabbing. Its so cool that he can throw his special traps in SoA! But more on that later! ;)
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    Glad to see Korgath back in action and am looking forward to further installments as this dwarven bounty hunter takes on Atkathla!