Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    How do you guys handle XP - do you use bonus from Nightmare mod or no?
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Yeah that's the blessing and curse of soloing, you get max level super early in almost any way you damn please, but in exchange for me at least any further xp you get feels wasted.
    In BG1 you don't really need to kite, but in SoD it's a different story.
    I personally never endure kiting for long, that's why I haven't gotten far into SoD and really hope I can get thru without it.
    @Grond0
    It is really finnicky to have the right positioning for your summons to aggro while out of sight.
    The summons always spawn northeast of your char, so the enemy must be NE of you, too.
    Then you have to run towards the enemy and have autopause on sight activated, immediately run barely out of sight again, then activate your summon.
    This isn't always practical, since the dps of the summons is pretty low, but you can combine it with precast Fog, which in BG1 doesn't aggro the enemy if you cast it completely out of sight AND the enemy doesn't wander into your sight range.

You are right about invisibility and the animal summoning, the same goes for summoned nymphs and I don't get why you wouldn't be able to have two summons and your sprits.
    edited April 2017
    If I'd play him I would probably dual into fighter in SoA at level 15, since the level progression is shit for druids from level 14 on (but 15 gives you poison immunity).
    I always see Big B as the greatest threat to my personal playstyle and Harm would take care of that.

Idk if I'd ever no reload BG, since I haven't gotten the ultimate achievement in PoE yet and that is no reload, too and I'd much rather get that first.

But the way I play no reload in PoE would probably save me any restarts in BG1 even tho it takes slightly more time, but I basically have 2 characters one is a reload and one is ironman and I test out my strategy on the reload one first.

Is there an ironman feature in BG implemented or do you need mods for that?
    On another note:
    Is it possible to change profincies via SK in this challenge?
    I realised that due to my previously bugged Polymorph which now works again quarterstaff ould be preferred for my char instead of maces, but I already put my 2 points into maces. :(
    I found one ambush a low level druid can not handle in SoA, but I'm quite sure it's an Ascension component as i never encountered this before ever.
    You get wailaid by "Travelers" who then turn into charname lookalikes with a green circle around them.
    They do not attack until attacked but have unlimited spells and don't seem to be effected by any spells.