Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Stacking of circles can happen in other situations in v2.5, but I agree teleport is a danger (you also don't want to get too close to Draconis when he changes to dragon as the larger circle will then be on top of you).
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2019
    Mr_Salty wrote: »
    is bandit camp bugged guys ??? i infiltrated went in each tent and silently killed the named guys and gnoll cave all the way to main tent before i even enter that 1 the charmed guy says something about seeing me sniffling arround in the tents and goes hostile > whole camp came on me so i fled the scene! upon returning to the map everything is still coming towards me lol im surrounded everytime by like 40 bandits ?

what are my options as a level 7 fighter lol :persevere: (and dont say, run invis take scrolls and leave the place haha) but seriously the whole map fixed on me even on leaving and re entering the map thats crazy :)
    If you flee, then return the map invisible, they should home on to you from everywhere. But if you return without invisibility they shouldn't come to you until they see you. What I usually do is charm Taurgosz, invisibility, lead him down south to get killed. Take his stuff and escape to the south, this should deposit most of the forces there. Then come back from the west visible, and casually walk to the tent and pick up the scolls. One other method for a fighter which I've used is, run circles with max ac vs missiles, and blast fireballs from One Gift Lost to the mass of enemies. It probably needs to be recharged at least once to kill all though.

histamiini wrote: »
    is bandit camp bugged guys ??? i infiltrated went in each tent and silently killed the named guys and gnoll cave all the way to main tent before i even enter that 1 the charmed guy says something about seeing me sniffling arround in the tents and goes hostile > whole camp came on me so i fled the scene! upon returning to the map everything is still coming towards me lol im surrounded everytime by like 40 bandits ?

what are my options as a level 7 fighter lol :persevere: (and dont say, run invis take scrolls and leave the place haha) but seriously the whole map fixed on me even on leaving and re entering the map thats crazy :)
    If you flee, then return the map invisible, they should home on to you from everywhere. But if you return without invisibility they shouldn't come to you until they see you. What I usually do is charm Taurgosz, invisibility, lead him down south to get killed. Take his stuff and escape to the south, this should deposit most of the forces there. Then come back from the west visible, and casually walk to the tent and pick up the scolls. One other method for a fighter which I've used is, run circles with max ac vs missiles, and blast fireballs from One Gift Lost to the mass of enemies. It probably needs to be recharged at least once to kill all though.

I wouldn't rely on this tactic. My installation doesn't behave like that and I'm pretty sure others have had the same experience as me. In my installation most of the enemies in the Bandit Camp have what I call 'follow-me' scripts. That means that, once any enemy has seen you and the alarm is raised, they will home in on you anywhere on the map irrespective of whether you're visible or not, irrespective of whether you've rested and irrespective of whether you've travelled to other areas.
    edited March 2019
    @Grond0 Hmm, I did test it again and got mixed results. When I led Taurgosz south, and enemies attacked him, they lost the homing beacon on me, even after Taurgosz was killed. Going out of the map without them homing, and coming back visible made them homing. But when I came back invisible they didn't home on me. So I don't know...

EDIT: tested some more, charmed Taurgosz visible so he sounds the alarm, everybody follows us south, invisibility, and everybody attacked Taurgosz who got killed. This loses the homing beacon. I can then loot him by pausing the game, picking up the full plate and applying invisibility potion before unpausing the game. Now I can casually loot the tent without anybody following.
  • Mr_SaltyMr_Salty Member Posts: 188
    Grond0 wrote: »
    @Mr_Salty I agree that behavior is challenging. I rarely use buffs and don't allow healing, so do tend to leave the map and come back to kill a few enemies before leaving again. As an alternative you could use potions to boost HPs, defenses etc (don't forget the shield amulet against the horde or arrows) and then conduct a running fight to avoid being surrounded. You'll find Venkt using haste and potentially casting nasty things at you though, so it's not an easy solution.

To be honest the simplest way to deal with the Bandit Camp is just to go invisibly into the tent, grab the letters and run (with a fighter I wouldn't bother using another invisibility, though you could do that to be even safer).

what i did was very boring and not satisfying (<if i spelled this right :persevere: ) charm 1 let them figth run arround when he dies leave map rest up go back in charm another one let him die change map come back ........ this seemed to be the only way for me as a fighter to do it and i realy disliked this way of doing it haha
    @Grond0 Hmm, I did test it again and got mixed results. When I led Taurgosz south, and enemies attacked him, they lost the homing beacon on me, even after Taurgosz was killed. Going out of the map without them homing, and coming back visible made them homing. But when I came back invisible they didn't home on me. So I don't know...

EDIT: tested some more, charmed Taurgosz visible so he sounds the alarm, everybody follows us south, invisibility, and everybody attacked Taurgosz who got killed. This loses the homing beacon. I can then loot him by pausing the game, picking up the full plate and applying invisibility potion before unpausing the game. Now I can casually loot the tent without anybody following.

I agree that works if all the enemies see Taurgosz before he dies. You can then pick up his equipment without using another invisibility potion by right-clicking to move onto his equipment and using the inventory screen to transfer it.
    edited March 2019
    Dame Vanderley vs. Big Six and Melissan.

Activated the fight invisible, this time attacking right side. Used PfM on Abazigal, then lured him, Gromnir and Sarevok to bottom right pool. Charmed Sarevok, then acked Gromnir and Abazigal to low health and left them there. Although Gromnir started wandering the place. Lured Yaga and Illasera to top right pool and hacked them low health. Then used PfM on Sendai after her defensive triggers went off and hacked her to low health. Now all being in low health I deposited uninjured Sarevok on the place where Melissan spawns.

bjiry7uxl525.png
    f5sdxwh4c6vh.png

Then started murdering the Big Six, Abazigal, Gromnir, Sendai, Illasera and Yaga were hacked out in no time. Melissan arrived and after some time Sarevok was dead, so Melissan made herself mortal again by her own hands, the fool. Then I used the Rift Device on her which dropped her health to 629 hp.

hpci50uy9is2.png
    tmxh50eckok2.png

With BMU and Reflection Shield for Fallen Solars, I could tank Melissan easily. But I had a problem, among the hundred summons were Cambions who quickly pwned my Thac0 which made Melissan heal faster than I could hit her. This was going nowhere. Then I remembered Dimension Door, started using that until I was surrounded by mostly skelis and lesser enemies who couldn't hit me. Noticed that even though Melissan teleports inside your circle, you can hit her most of the time. This was perfect situation. It took some time but eventually Melissan could hold no more and fell.

u8lyj6mj19w6.png
    m3i2ctv9h8c0.png
    c6e2v2pjw8gp.png

So good old Big Meal Unit hack&slash remains the best option for fighter type in the end battle. With Crom Fayer and Reflection Shield combo, so Illasera nor Fallen Solars hit you. The two PfM's are necessary to save for the end battle, so Abazigal and Sendai can be neutered. Also bothering to smuggle the Rift Device out paid on here.
    edited March 2019
    i am struggling so hard in my playthrough its impossible to do this purely as a fighter > with charm keep trying to look up videos on how people do this but there is no one that has a video about a pure fighter BG 1 lob scs solo (do people cheat their way a little ? to get it done haha i feel like) tried getting the durlags goblet and man o man o man so many traps so many mobs that u cant charm... :neutral: cant dmg monsters in fog either cause the SCS makes them come out to get me i need some guidance here! and my level 8 fighter sure cant tank any mobs
    edited March 2019
    @Mr_Salty You can use invisibility to pass most opponents getting the Durlag's Goblet. You can try first fighting them, but if they're too tough, just pass them. Really only one you need to fight is Love, one of the wardens, because he has the key to the next level. This is one of the trickiest fights in BG1. My advice is to activate the battle, invisibility, try to get Love to wander with One Gift Lost or something, and lure him out of the level, so you can attack him straight on. It will take some time to learn the right tactic to lure him out, but when he's alone, you can then take him one on one. Remember to use Greenstone Amulet to protect from his spells.
    Updated SCS to 32v9 and rolled Badbog a Half-Orc Fighter/Thief. I don't usually play thieves so this is welcomed change, fighter being the insurance policy.

qkbaxbey0j7p.png

weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v32 RC9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v32 RC9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3103 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3113 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v8
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 3.0
    Good luck @histamiini - have you deliberately not installed Ascension this time?
    @Grond0 Thanks! That's just BG1 log. Couldn't get EET working with 2.5, so I'm not using it anymore.
    edited March 2019
    Right click looted him thanks to @Grond0 tip without losing my invisibility and casually looted the tent.

i tried this in the game right after i readed this and i cant loot anything without breaking invisibility, care to explain it to me how that works ? :)

Edit i found it out by right clicking on the item then going backpack and drag it from there into inventory :)

GENIUS!

In previous versions of the game you could use quick-loot without breaking invisibility and I still sometime struggle to remember that's changed in v2.5. There's the same sort of problem using a shaman, where quick-loot now breaks the instruction to dance. At least one of my LoB runs in this thread ended with me dying when I wasn't expecting my spirit summons to suddenly disappear >:).
    Does anyone know how u can beat that Ghost in Durlags tower ?? if possible without items (i kinda dont wanna skip him haha kill em all! :hushed:
    Lots of summons to use up his spells. If you don't have summons and don't want to use a scroll of PfM you can just avoid spells by waiting for him to start casting and then using the stairs. Once he's out of spells you can just beat him up.
    Lots of summons to use up his spells. If you don't have summons and don't want to use a scroll of PfM you can just avoid spells by waiting for him to start casting and then using the stairs. Once he's out of spells you can just beat him up.
    i had him webbed before he started going hostile and then attacked him with my xbow of armyscythe that did not dmg him then i switched over to my weapon Varscona wich i got from greywolf together with Harrower and tryed to hurt him with that and it saying weapon ineffective

edited March 2019
    @Mr_Salty You can also charm Riggolo, who can then casually hack the ghost without it agroing.
    i had him webbed before he started going hostile and then attacked him with my xbow of armyscythe that did not dmg him then i switched over to my weapon Varscona wich i got from greywolf together with Harrower and tryed to hurt him with that and it saying weapon ineffective

You were probably trying to hit him while he still had PfMW or equivalent active.
    Hey Guys is there a known bug about the cloakwood mines ? this is my 2nd time that the mines is not appearing on the map after dealing with the bandit camp and then going through 4 cloakwood maps except the mines its not showing up
    Did you definitely get the chapter change at the Bandit Camp? It's easy to pick up the letters from the chest and exit the tent before the chapter change kicks in. If you then have a mod component that opens up access to the Cloakwood before the next chapter you might get the situation you describe.

If you're sure you should have access you could just use the console to travel there. You can now do that without even entering commands - just look at the list of areas on the left hand side when you open up the console.
    edited March 2019
    yea i have first cloakwood unlocked with tweak mod i believe just because of Gurke cloak quest

when i looted the chest (btw i killed everyone inside there) without getting whole bandit camp on my ass :D so that was nice once i looted the chest i got the screen popup after that i talked to the guy next to the chest

then i went to cloak wood but at the 4th cloakwood going east did not unlocked the mine
    Hey Guys is there a known bug about the cloakwood mines ? this is my 2nd time that the mines is not appearing on the map after dealing with the bandit camp and then going through 4 cloakwood maps except the mines its not showing up
    I had that problem with my previous run. Played two runs with SCS 32v8 and the second one it didn't spawn Nimbul nor Tranzig, and didn't show cloakwood on the map. Don't know what caused it, but I had to use C:MoveToArea("") commands to advance. Worked this time with SCS 32v9 though.
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    edited March 2019
    @histamiini Spike Traps are automatically sucessful, no Set Traps needed.
    edit: hm wiki says only bard doesn't need set snare.
    This kinda sounds weird to me but I might never had spike traps on anyone but bard. (which I kinda doubt, but maybe I leveled set snare on thieves..)
    I had that problem with my previous run. Played two runs with SCS 32v8 and the second one it didn't spawn Nimbul nor Tranzig, and didn't show cloakwood on the map. Don't know what caused it, but I had to use C:MoveToArea("") commands to advance. Worked this time with SCS 32v9 though.

i dont see SCS 32v9 on gibberling where u getting this ? and is it safe ?
    @histamiini Spike Traps are automatically sucessful, no Set Traps needed.
    edit: hm wiki says only bard doesn't need set snare.
    This kinda sounds weird to me but I might never had spike traps on anyone but bard. (which I kinda doubt, but maybe I leveled set snare on thieves..)
    I'll will still get 450 points, so I'm able to max out Set Traps too. Although I'll get spike traps before I get the best snares, but that save vs. death snare is something I'm interested in testing.