Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited November 2017
    Having some fun with the Bel fight. Saving Caelar making her invisible during the 100 seconds of mayhem, then letting her have her revenge at Heprenaan while I stand still taking Hep's puny punches. :D Also you don't need the 10 Heroism potions if you use the whole Goblet. And PfM isn't needed either I don't think if you use Greenstone-amulet and aren't afraid of getting diseased.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

P.S. I run into the charm-breaking bug from time to time but it seems to be quite random. What i have watched so far is that if you give the charmed character constantly commands the charm never breaks. It always happened to me when i left the charmed one alone. Maybe some hidden AI scripts are then overwriting the charm?

My impression is that it's probably linked to scripts as well. It seems to be more common with creatures where scripts could be expected to break the charm following a conversation, e.g. Sil's sirines or Sendai's companions - though I've seen it plenty of times on creatures where there's no reason for that sort of inter-active script.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Dont forget that the demons will constantly use charm or domination (if you are no Cavalier). Greenstone Amulet will block this but any mistiming or bad luck and the fight might be over. I dont think i can risk tanking with the F/C as he only gets two (three) options vs Big B. 2-handed Quarterstaff or relying on crits from Martyrs Morningstar. Void Hammer lacks Str bonus. Less damage than a Cavalier & worse hit chance. I will test it in the next days with one of my old saves IF Bavaborass will get this far. I have my doubts. :D
    histamiini
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609

Totally unrelated, has any of you ever tried the level 9 wizard spell shapechange into Mind Flayer on LoB.
    I randomly got the idea of trying it today because of the massive LoB HP increase.
    The Thac0 in that form is really bad, but if you use Spell Trigger and put in level 2 spell Strength + Imp haste and Tensers you get negative Thac0 (-3 or smth) 10 apr and almost 400 hp.
    The form also has 50% phys resistances and 75% missile resistance, also 90% MR...

And the expected LoB HP bypass works perfectly well you 2 hit most enemies and if you have gore turned off in the settings you get all item drops normally.

The 50% damage resistance is only there if you have the Tactics mod installed or the right SCS component. But it does work marvelously with Hardiness.

You most definitely should NOT get 400 HP, because shapeshifting does not grant the HP of the .cre file in question. Shapeshifting only grants the original critter's APR, AC, ability scores, resistances (except magic damage resistance and poison resistance), and sprite, unless the critter's attack weapon grants some additional bonuses (like the Greater Wolfwere attack also granting regeneration). The only reason the squirrel form from Polymorph Other grants 5 maximum HP and Slayer form grants 100 maximum HP is because there's a separate opcode that applies that effect. You can still use Potions of Heroism/Power to bump your HP into the hundreds.

You should only have 10 APR if you have 13 fighter levels or +1 APR from some other source. A single-classed mage or sorcerer will have 8 APR under Improved Haste in mind flayer form, because mind flayers have 4 base APR, not 5.
    Well as I said 400 hp are from Tensers.
    As i said it was fighter (7) dualed into mage thats where 1 APR is from (offhand weapon also workd btw)
    Hm I've never died to Angelo either but I always kite him as far as I can remember, because he hits like a truck.

@Harpagornis have you ever tried a Ranger?
    Their bonus vs demons is 4 each so it's slightly better than Cavalier but you can precast Remove Fear, it lasts for an hour and if you avoid the dispel with Caelars help (don't even need her in party if youre hasted should still be able to outrun it) and the ranger has stealth which is always helpful on the way to big B.

You could even dual to cleric in BG2 but I wouldn't do it before because of the weapon issue vs B.
    Grond0histamiiniHarpagornis
    edited November 2017
    Finally rolled out of Irenicus Dungeon, avoiding Duergar parties with sanctuary on the way. What are people's thoughts using items left in Dragonspear Castle?
    Victor_Creed_SFV
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    HarpagornisVictor_Creed_SFV
    edited November 2017
    It's just that using me stuff I don't have to grind so much in BG2, there's really nothing that wouldn't be replaced soon anyway, so if nobody objects I'll get them? ;)

Never really understood appeal of Blackguards, are they all that? @Harpagornis
    Victor_Creed_SFV

It's just that using me stuff I don't have to grind so much in BG2, there's really nothing that wouldn't be replaced soon anyway, so if nobody objects I'll get them? ;)

There's a couple of items that import, some of them as late as Underdark.
    But honestly items in BG2 are better for the most part and early BG2 is super easy, just grind it out without EE Keeper, Sanctuary helps you avoid unnecessary shit enemies. :)
    histamiiniHarpagornis
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

The Irenicus Dungeon is quite funny with Fighter classes - splitpulling to victory! The only SoD item i would really care is Martyrs Morningstar.

The only way to transfer this item into BG2:EE is to use the EET mod (or console the item in).

You can find the list of items (and their locations) that transfer from SoD here: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/4gfv40/locations_of_sod_items_in_bg2ee/
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrHarpagornissemiticgoddess
    edited November 2017

But honestly items in BG2 are better for the most part and early BG2 is super easy, just grind it out without EE Keeper, Sanctuary helps you avoid unnecessary shit enemies. :)
    You're probably right, it's also some time when I last played BG2 without a penny on my name, so it'll be a fresher experience.

Anyone know way to get Bag Of Holding early? I heard Hexxat may have one.

You're probably right, it's also some time when I last played BG2 without a penny on my name, so it'll be a fresher experience.

Anyone know way to get Bag Of Holding early? I heard Hexxat may have one.

depends on your scs install.
    If you can go spellhold early it's fairly easy.
    I have 120k (90k) to pay so for me it's kinda lategame.
    Harpagornishistamiini
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov for the list - too bad i dont use this mod so no Martyrs Morningstar for me...

I have similar experience against Korlasz @Grond0. My assumption: You got instakilled by one of the backstabbing Shadow Dancers - at least this happened to me more than one time. Therefore i never ever stay in one place too long as they tend to ignore summons and go directly for the MC if they can spot him...

How can one NOT like Blackguards @histamiini? An epitome of evil that is feared by all - good old Bhaal would love that. :D

Too bad i had no time playing Lady Gulaishema. Evil needs more time to gather its unholy powers... :D
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenhistamiiniStummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Grond0 said:

It really, really annoys me how the game doesn't tell you what kills you

I believe @lefreut knows how to make it possible

I have similar experience against Korlasz @Grond0. My assumption: You got instakilled by one of the backstabbing Shadow Dancers - at least this happened to me more than one time. Therefore i never ever stay in one place too long as they tend to ignore summons and go directly for the MC if they can spot him...

It seems unlikely. None of the visible enemies had made much progress towards Glaze yet, so if it was a backstab it would have had to be by someone who had started invisible and close to her (and I didn't think there was anyone like that).
    edited November 2017
    I'm stuck. Neera got killed in Beregost. But now in Bridge District during the cutscene she yells from the heavens but fails to materialize, and everybody are just waiting her. And I'm stuck in the cutscene. :D Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm stuck. Neera got killed in Beregost. But now in Bridge District during the cutscene she yells from the heavens but fails to materialize, and everybody are just waiting her. And I'm stuck in the cutscene. :D Anyone know how to fix this?

I advise to attach the zip of your save and report on support.baldursgate.com. Cheers!
    histamiiniHarpagornisVictor_Creed_SFV
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Grond0 said:

It really, really annoys me how the game doesn't tell you what kills you

I believe @lefreut knows how to make it possible
    The only thing I know is that you can make the death dialog non-modal. So that if the information of what kills you is in the combat log, you will be able to scroll to see it. If the information is not there, I can't help.

Search for WORLD_DEATH in the UI.menu file and remove 'modal' a few lines below.
    Grond0HarpagornisJuliusBorisovVictor_Creed_SFV

I advise to attach the zip of your save and report on support.baldursgate.com. Cheers!
    I'll try to do that.

JuliusBorisovVictor_Creed_SFV
    lefreut said:

The only thing I know is that you can make the death dialog non-modal. So that if the information of what kills you is in the combat log, you will be able to scroll to see it. If the information is not there, I can't help.

Search for WORLD_DEATH in the UI.menu file and remove 'modal' a few lines below.

@lefreut. Thanks for the information, but I can't see that file - is it from a UI mod?
    edited November 2017
    Does LoB or SCS change creature saves? I'm trying to charm Glaicus with Nymph Cloak and Ring Of Human Influence, but are failing to do so. I checked his saves with NearInfinity, and it's

vs spells 7 (4 with the ring)
    vs breath 4

So using both my success should be about 28%. But I've tried 10 times and chance of it not working is something like 4% but it isn't working?