Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer for BG1 + SOD [FULL VERSION 1.4]

Comments

• tarzan123tarzan123 Member Posts: 13
    Hi WarChiegZeke it was probably me the other person...yeah I have the modmerge installed as well. Maybe it's a conflict with some other mod I have? (Maybe some kit)
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    That's what I thought at first but looking at your respective debug files you don't seem to have any of the same mods installed...
    That's really weird considering other people having no problems with the mod...kinda sad I really want to play it :).
    I think I actually found the problem...I extracted each folder instead of copying the whole folder Ishlilkamod and just taking out the exe and tlk files...Soooo It's just me being dumb and I am sorry about the other person hope he/she won't be offended but facts are speaking about both of us :D.
    Well, i'm glad you figured it out! Hope you enjoy it and let me know any minor bugs you find or feedback you have :)
    Thanks and we'll see :).
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    @WarChiefZeke nope, I don't have the modmerge mod installed
    Modmerge is necessary, my friend. Let me know if that solves your problem.
    Sorry guys, for not releasing the full non beta version yet. I have little excuse other than life and my desire to begin work on other npc mods. As well as fully fleshing out what i'm gonna do for BG2.

To compensate for the delay I will also be adding player initiated dialogues. Because hey, who doesn't like those.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @WarChiefZeke Well, life tends to do that sometimes, hehheh. PIDs, great stuff. I was hoping for those. :) MORE than compensates I'd say. B)
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Member Posts: 13
    i must say ishlilka looks beautiful for half-orc cause other half-orc females are not very atractive like her, im wondering why.
    @WarChiefZeke For the first time I entering SoD without having Ish at the end of BG. She is not in palace. Corwin mentioned her but no Ish. Every other time she has been through BG to the end and she is in the palace bedroom when CHARNAME wakes.

I am not sure what is going on here this time.
    edited May 2017
    @Zaghoul She should be right outside of the palace gate, that was a change in the last update. Everyone else leaves your party for that particular scene so no reason why she shouldn't as well.
    @WarChiefZeke I'm showing an update to the zip file the day after your last change, 3/22/2017. Last week a run into SoD, she appeared in the palace BR. This run she was not in the BR as you mention , but never showed outside the palace gate.

The run she showed in the BR, I had two older NPC's, White and Mur'neth, show in the BR at the start as well. They should not be there as there is no SoD update for them, but they are playable. Not sure if that caused her to show there as well(the whole lot, Ish to, passed out on the floor by the bed til I talked to them (weird looking that was).

This run (no Ish in party during BG) I left out those other two NPCs in BG, so they did not show up in SoD palace BR, neither did Ish, as intended. That might have had an effect on the last time. But given that, she should show up then as you say at the gate. Like you say, no discernible reason. Maybe I was holding my mouth wrong or something, good as reason as any I reckon sometimes. :(

Oh, and next update, (looking forward to it) if you would, please change the file name on this thread to reflect the version (Ishmod1.1zip, Ishmod1.2zip, etc.). it would definitely help us to keep track of what version we have downloaded. :) I ain't the most mod savy so every little bit helps. ;)
    edited May 2017
    Ah, there's your problem. Ishlilka only comes along with you IF she's in your party at the final battle against Sarevok. I believe this is mentioned on the front page as well :)

And don't worry, I will certainly be labeling it differently come this latest (and biggest) update. I will probably include a document with it outlining all these little "good to know" tips.
    Post edited by WarChiefZeke on
    @WarChiefZeke Thanks, that was it then, my mind must have glossed over that cause I took her on so many runs as a staple NPC. :)
    i'm curious when the full version of ishlilka and bg2 version of her will be avaliable.
    edited May 2017
    Full version is almost done, you can expect that really soon. I added new challenges, new dialogues (the player initiated ones), new items, and cleaned up the code.

I don't have a timeline for BG2 though. There's a lot to compete with in terms of quality mods for BG2, and I really want to do it the right way. I saved a lot of her story and background for BG2 so im hoping that it will be a satisfying part 2 that will shed more light on the character.
    If you want a more in detail status update, virtually all of BG1 is done. Once i finish up these SOD player dialogues we're good to go.
    edited May 2017
    Ok and could you tell me why ishlilka is prettier then other half orc females ?
    Post edited by BlackWolf on
    I actually think Ish looks like a half orc should, not the full orcish/half-ogreish look most have recently. Later editions of D&D seem influenced by Warhammer, over 1st and 2nd editions.
    BlackWolf said:

Ok and could you tell me why ishlilka is prettier then other half orcs ?

Some just get lucky I guess. Also she's pretty well off if you talk to her a bit and she can afford to take reasonable care for herself. She hints at a bit of insecurity about this actually but nothing overt.

It may also have something to do with her being born of two half orcs rather than one orc-one human.

All thoughts that crossed my mind when writing.
    edited May 2017
    Speaking of Ishlilka, I completed the full version now. Please let me know if the mod works for you and if you enjoy it. Feedback motivates.

She should be quite a bit more talkative now. Also, both quests have been boosted a bit yet again (I still find them too easy and I don't even play SCS) and a bit more loot is to be had.

I fixed all bugs that were reported to me and found no more. Thanks for all early players who made getting it to it's current state a lot less frustrating a process.

BG-Only version will be up soon.

Dont forget to uninstall previous versions :)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i got an error when reinstalling my mods.

something about it not being able to find the fiswrd.itm in the key.
    @WarChiefZeke Same thing here. I sent you a copy of the debug file.
    A fail! A phlub!

I fixed it. Had something I had edited in MY override that I forgot to copy into YOUR override.

My bad.

Also, before I forget, I clearly marked this as a new edition inside of the exe like i had multiple requests about. So yeah, that too.

Let's consider this the official launch and forget that embarrassing mistake!

assuming it works :D
    @WarChiefZeke That did it, thanks.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    The download package has a backup folder that is already stuffed with your game files.. That's going to completely furbar the game when the mod gets uninstalled/reinstalled.
    Grr...I caught that the first time I posted it but missed it the second. Fixed now but still frustrating.

Should it not just override them upon install?
    @WarChiefZeke Do you think I need to reinstall yet again?It seems to be working now after your fix to the override.