Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE, NWN:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Helm of Alignment change

Anyone ever kept this so it is imported of to SoD? Works quite well if running a CHARNAME of , well let's say, darker interests and a lack of evil companions (and you feel you need that). First run I was running my gnome cleric/thief of Urdlen through and he found all sorts of fun n games with it.

SOme dont like it, some question the morality of it, but in the right hands ,and roleplayed with a character of the proper alignment, is quite useful.

Comments

• HalfCelestialHalfCelestial Member Posts: 175
    edited March 21
    What do you mean "so it's imported to SoD"? Is it supposed to be found somewhere in the expansion? I just keep it in my inventory/bag of holding after defeating Sarevok.

As for its usefulness, sometimes I give it to Viconia to keep her close to my celestially benevolent heart. In BG2EE I gave it to Dorn once so he could wield Carsomyr. A bit cheaty, I know. Perhaps it's useful to force some encounters which would only happen if you were evil? I can't say I tried.

Oh. I know it's not related, but I can't resist mentioning other item (although its usefulness is even more questionable). In BGEE I usually "gift" Shar-Teel with the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity :D I just can't resist, it's like the ultimate punishment for that man-hating evil broad :p

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member Posts: 1,687
    @HalfCelestial Having the Helm at the end of the Big S fight shoud transfer it over to the opening dungeon along with our other items. Not sure if it would if sitting in a BoH. It transfers when being worn as well. Now this is with the BGEE& SoD combo where the game automaticically starts SoD after Big S's fight.

Also if a character dies while wearing it I have noticed that when resurrected they often keep the new alignment even after it is unequipped when they die. Not sure if the girdle does similar has I don;t make much use of it.
    After trying the Shar-Teel romances I would hesitate using that myself. She certainly likes the right man in the bedroom, hehheh.
    HalfCelestial
    Helm of alignment change use must be like Fight Club (and we know what the rule is on THAT). :)
    @HalfCelestial 'DING!', thanks for playing :)

That's ok, I'll just be 'Bad,bad, Leroy Brown', hehheh
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=QvwDohEEQ1E