Skip to content

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @RingStar

Updated to v1.8.51. It should be fixed now, but I haven't tried it out for myself.
    Updated to v1.8.52.
    • Shadowfade is added to the spell selection (BUGFIX)
    Updated to v1.8.6.
    • Fixed Drain Vitality message display
    • Dark Fortune: bonuses increase with caster level, no longer stacks with itself
    • Shadow Assault: changed icon
    • Death Mark: save penalty increased from -5 to -8
    • Disabling Familiar AI now works as intended
    • Added Greater Shadowfade
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I see shadow monk was upgraded to be able to use shadow adept items. Are nightsingers allowed to use them as well (basic items such as the dart, dagger, wand w/o taking damage, Shars potion, etc.?
  • RingStarRingStar Member Posts: 12
    @Artemius_I

Everything works perfectly! Thanks!
    @Zaghoul

Truth is I broke the Shadow Monk at some point by having the effect that is supposed to mark the kit as 'is a Shadow Weave user' target its alignment instead. I've just fixed that.

Regarding item usability - there are mage-only Shadow Weave items (robes and the like) but most items are usable for all kits in this mod.

Update to v1.8.7.
    • Adjusted Shadow Monk's proficiencies (BUGFIX)
    • Enabled Shadow Monk to use Shadow Magic items (BUGFIX)
    That helps a good deal. I've been enjoying the quests and seeing all the nice new items while playing non-SW users, so naturally when I saw SA only on many items I wondered about the Nightsinger's (for potential trial) ability to use those.
    Thanks for the info. B)
    edited May 2018
    Updated to v1.8.8.
    • Fixed errors in Wisdom and Charisma-based stat bonuses/penalties
    • Shadow Blade: can now be used to backstab
    • Turning NPCs into Shadow Adepts will no longer override their scripts (BUGFIX)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Is IWD:EE v2.5 supported by this mod?
    edited May 2018
    @Artemius_I
    I tested this mod on IWD:EE now.

A) The installation had errors, but luckily it seems that only the AI scripts (shadowadept/scripts/*.baf) were affected. I investigated the errors; here's what I found out (including the work-arounds I used to make it install):
    [spoiler]

1) gtimes.ids is missing some entries in IWD:EE

The mod's AI scripts use the SetGlobalTimer() action with time identifiers that are defined in the BG(2):EE gtimes.ids but not in the IWD:EE gtimes.ids, for example:
    SetGlobalTimer("OH_Cast","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
    The identifiers in question:
    ONE_ROUND
    TWO_ROUNDS
    THREE_ROUNDS
    etc.
    Affected files:
    shadowadept/scripts/c0saally.baf
    shadowadept/scripts/c0sadept.baf
    shadowadept/scripts/c0sasumm.baf
    Workaround I've used: Copy the gtimes.ids file from BG2:EE to IWD:EE's override folder before installing the mod.

2) splstate.ids is missing some entries in IWD:EE

The mod's AI scripts use the CheckSpellState() trigger with spell-state identifiers that are defined in the BG(2):EE splstate.ids but not in the IWD:EE splstate.ids, for example:
    CheckSpellState(Nearestenemyof(Myself),BUFF_PRO_WEAPONS)
    BUFF_PRO_WEAPONS
    BUFF_PRO_EFFECTS
    BUFF_PRO_DAMAGE
    BUFF_PRO_SPELLS
    BARBARIAN_RAGE
    BERSERKER_RAGE
    MINSC_BERSERK
    RESIST_FEAR
    Affected files:
    Workaround I've used: Replace each occurrence of the CheckSpellState(...) trigger that uses one of the missing identifiers, with a simple False() trigger. Now the associated script-blocks might not fire when they should; hopefully that won't be a problem.

3) NearestAllyOf() is not supported in IWD:EE

The mod's AI scripts use the NearestAllyOf() test, which IWD:EE doesn't seem to support, to check if there's an ally in range – for example:
    Range(NearestAllyOf(Myself),13)
    Affected files:
    Workaround I've used: Replace each occurrence of NearestAllyOf(Myself) with Nearest([ALLY]). Not sure if that'll actually do the same thing, but at least now Weidu can parse it... :tongue:

4) seq.ids uses different identifiers in IWD:EE

The mod's AI scripts use the CheckSpellState() trigger with sequence identifiers that are defined in the BG(2):EE seq.ids but are named differently in the IWD:EE seq.ids, for example:
    SetSequence(SEQ_DIE)
    SEQ_CAST
    SEQ_AWAKE
    SEQ_CONJURE
    SEQ_DIE
    (The IWD:EE versions are the same except without the SEQ_ prefix.)

Affected files:

shadowadept/scripts/c0cutgl2.baf
    shadowadept/scripts/c0safam.baf
    shadowadept/scripts/c0safamx.baf
    shadowadept/scripts/c0sakryn.baf
    shadowadept/scripts/c0satele.baf
    Workaround I've used: Replace each occurrence of SetSequence(SEQ_ with SetSequence(.[/spoiler]My workarounds are just hacks to make it install, though... I'm sure you know much better how to make those scripts properly IWD:EE-compatible. Or if not, other modders like @kjeron will know.

B) I leveled up using the console, and tried a few shadow magic spells. The spell-selection dialog, the CON-cost mechanic, and the spells themselves all seem to work fine.

C) When I summoned my shadow familiar, it just stood there, unselectable, with the talk cursor appearing when I moved the mouse over it, but clicking it only printed a "has nothing to say to you" message to the console. So I killed it, rested for 24 hours, and it reappeared and was now properly selectable and controllable.
    edited June 2018
    @ineth

Updated to v1.9. All aforementioned issues have been fixed. I fixed the scripts by making an alternate file removing the incompatible scripts though. Those entries really should be in IWD:EE but I'd rather not override .ids files.
    • Added IWD:EE compatible scripts
    • Fixed Familiar Dialogue for IWD:EE
    Thanks!

Is the current version of the INT/WIS/CHA bonuses documented anywhere?
    edited June 2018
    @ineth

Front page. Posting here too:
  • Fulsom2121Fulsom2121 Member Posts: 25
    Sorry, I tried to install the latest download version on IWDEE.
    I get this error
    Adding C0SADEP2 Kit ...
    [./override/kitlist.2da] loaded, 7201 bytes
    [./override/KITLIST.2DA] loaded, 7201 bytes
    [./override/WEAPPROF.2DA] loaded, 82043 bytes

ERROR locating resource for 'getting 2DA lines'
    Resource [K_M_H.2DA] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

I have not yet updated to 2.5 - maybe this is the reason?
    edited June 2018
    @Fulsom2121

Isn’t the current live version of IWDEE still 1.4? This mod will absolutely not work for any pre-2.0 game. I’ve installed it on a clean 2.5 IWDEE game with no issue.

@Fulsom2121

Isn’t the current live version of IWDEE still 1.4? This mod will absolutely not work for any pre-2.0 game. I’ve installed it on a clean 2.5 IWDEE game with no issue.

Sorry for having bothered. I haven't read this. There are like 500 entries in this topic. OK, need to wait then for a later time.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Artemius_I The current live version of IWD:EE is 2.5 already.
    Thank you everybody. I upgraded to IWD 2.5 and the mod installs without issue.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Artemius_I, I notice the Intelligence table is missing an entry for 17.
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2

Ah. Well spotted. That is in fact a typo. 17 INT and below get nothing, that is intentional.

EDIT: Now fixed.
    edited June 2018
    Updated to v1.9.1.
    • Added Enhanced Shade Lord component
    • Nightwalker hit points increased, attacks deal more damage
    • Shadow simulacrums no longer use Shadowstep
    Enhanced Shade Lord: This new component gives a shadow adept PC a few new lines to respond to the Shade Lord, as well as a new power for defeating it. Additionally, there is an optional subcomponent to turn the Shade Lord into a shadow adept for a rather different battle. There is a 'hardcore' option for an 18th level Shade Lord that can cast up to 9th level spells, and a 'standard' version for a 14th level Shade Lord that can cast up to 7th level spells. It's a fairly small addition, but I think it's kinda fun to try out.

Spoilers on new content:

NOTE: In order to get the power, you MUST select the first response during the last line of dialogue.
    What are your thoughts on a HLA song for the nightsinger?
    edited June 2018
    @Zaghoul

He has one...?
    Light's Requiem
    This dark hymn is a powerful aid to the Nightsinger. The song gives the Nightsinger himself a 10-point bonus to his Armor Class, 25% Magic Resistance and +5 to all saving throws. The song also inflicts a -5 penalty to THAC0, damage, saving throws and morale to all nearby foes.

This ability replaces the current Bard Song.
    Thanks. I thought you might, but I did not see it listed anywhere.
    I have a small question ... How is the case of Stronghold?
    @RingStar

The Shade Enclave is still a long ways off completion. Bear in mind that it won’t really follow the structure of a regular stronghold, but there will be a lot more for a shadow adept PC. When the component is ready the shadow adept will no longer be able to get the Planar Sphere.
    So the next question ... If I start my adventure in BG II, will I have access to Shade Enclave if this component comes in during my adventure? Will it then be necessary to start again? That's an important question for me, because I do not know if I can wait if I can play slowly.
    @RingStar
    It should be possible as long as you’re still in SoA. Unless you play really slowly though, I wouldn’t be worried about seeing the component done before you finish the game.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Shadow Orb doesn't appear to be working on an LN FMC. clean install, only Shadow Adept, latest download installed