Skip to content

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Artemius_I, I installed the Shade Lord component and fought him. Even though I was a mage (no Shadow classes in my party) I got the special dialog and gained the abilities after the battle. Is this correct or should this only happen for one of the Shadow classes?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2018
    Updated to v1.9.11.

@RingStar @southfla79 (sorry, responded to the wrong person)

Fixed. Not sure what went wrong, but the Shadow Orb needed updating anyway so I decided to just make things easier on myself. The Shadow Orb is now a conversable item instead of a quickslot item. I have tested it and it works now.

@Necromanx2

Fixed. The Shade Lord was checking itself for 'Shadow Adept' status rather than the player character. Non-shadow adepts will no longer see the extra dialogue options.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    awesome! thanks Artemius, I'll check it when i get home from work
    edited June 2018
    Probably beyond the scope of your support, but on my heavily modded game, while the shadow orb works and the class changes, the character doesn't receive any of the kit abilities, nor does that dialogue to select spells work. On a simple install with just Shadow Magic installed, all works perfectly.

The only mods that I can imagine touching any of the files are refinements, scales of balance, strategems and Klatu Tweaks, and ATweaks. Everything else mostly touches cosmetics and UI.

I've compared the docs between the two installs and all *appears* to be the same. Any idea what could be misfiring on the heavily modded game?
    @southfla79

The most likely cause is an outdated qd_multiclass.tpa resource in some other multiclass kit mod. I had to make personal updates on the file but installing any mod with one that isn't modified in the way may cause issues with the changes I made. Try and copy the qd_multiclass.tpa file in the lib folder into any other mod that contains it and reinstall every mod - if it's possible. I know heavily modded installs can be rather risky to change.
    edited June 2018
    would it just be any mods that use that same file after shadow adept was installed?
    edited June 2018
    so just an FYI, updating the qd_multiclass.tpa on mods with it and reinstalling all didn't work, unfortunately.
    Post edited by southfla79 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    This install runs fine with no errors or warnings. In game, however, there's an issue with the kit change. The class/kit name changes but that's it. Nothing else fires so no spell select dialogue or kit abilities.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    @Artemius_I

I've run into a weird mod conflict error between SCS and Shadowmagic on an EET install I'm working on.

I'll include the bits and pieces of the debug file from Shadowmagic, and the install error itself along with me weidu log.

My EET install debug file showing the error:

##### Sword Coast Stratagems #####
    ### 1000: Initialise mod (all other components require this) ###
    Ready for installation
    Setup-stratagems.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 1000 --logapp
    [Setup-stratagems.exe] WeiDU version 24600
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility]
    loading 1 tra file
    loading 1 tra file
    Appending to files ...
    Creating 1 directory

Reading in data: spellcodes
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

Reading in data: NPC_dialogs

Reading in data: saving_throws

Reading in data: hit_point_levels

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [HPFMC.2da] not found for 'COPY'")
    Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Automatically Skipping [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] because of error.
    Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise mod (all other components require this)

E:\Scan Protect for EET\BG EET 2.3 Final\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>
    ERROR: [hpclass.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [HPFMC.2da] not found for 'COPY'"))
    ERROR: Failure("resource [HPFMC.2da] not found for 'COPY'")
    Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Now the relevant part of the setup text file from shadowmagic in that same install:

[./override/CLSWPBON.2DA] loaded, 5932 bytes
    Appending [C0SAFMC 1 0 2...] to [clswpbon.2da] because it does NOT contain [C0SAFMC]
    Appended text to [clswpbon.2da]
    [./override/hpclass.2da] loaded, 2489 bytes
    Appending to files ...
    [./override/HPCLASS.2DA] loaded, 2489 bytes
    Appending [C0SAFMC HPFMC...] to [hpclass.2da] because it does NOT contain [C0SAFMC]
    Appended text to [hpclass.2da]
    [./override/numwslot.2da] loaded, 2099 bytes

I've managed to recreate this same error a second time using an EET install that was only Ascension, SCS and Shadowmagic. (Ascension was included only because of the dependencies with SCS).

Now. I dont actually know what all of this means. It seems like there's an issue with the modding of the hpclass.2DA related to the string HPFMC. I assumed that relates to a Fighter/Mage/Cleric multiclass, but I was told that's just HFMC and not HPFMC. So Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Anyways. I hope this all helps in some fashion.
    It's trying to call an HP table that doesn't exist. I got the same error but forgot to report it. What I did to fix it was copy the HPFM file into the override and then rename it to HPFMC.2da
    @BallpointMan

Fixed the issue with the incorrect hp table.
    BallpointMan
    Updated to v1.9.13.
    • Shadow spells no longer display saving throw messages for Constitution/hitpoint costs when the user is immune to the effect (e.g. user is undead or protected by Shadow Shield)
    • Shadow Chain: replaced with Shadow Will (Feeblemind)
    • Void Blast: permanently banishes summoned creatures
    • Blackfire Arrow no longer launches 10 arrows at every caster level (BUGFIX)
    • Ka'Shai gains Charisma on upgrade instead of Dexterity
    RaduzielRingStar
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I'm seeing a problem. The charisma bonuses to saves and damage resistance do not show up on the character information sheet.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2018
    • Whenever a Nighthaunt hits its target, an invalid string is displayed in the combat log ---> Please check opcode #139 of C0NVAMP1.itm.....
    • Whenever you hit someone with Shadow Spear, an invalid string is displayed in the combat log ---> Please check opcode #139 of C0SA309A.itm, C0SA309B.itm, C0SA309C.itm, C0SA309D.itm, C0SA309E.itm......
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I'll give this mod a little more time to mature into something extraordinary. Please continue your hard work; it's very much appreciated!
    @UOLegacy

At the risk of sounding a little defensive I have to ask: how much would you need before this mod qualifies as 'extraordinary'? The spells and classes are pretty much refined and set in stone. I foresee no major changes regarding the mechanics and any further gameplay updates will probably just be bugfixes, new spells and the occasionally rebalancing of original spells. The stronghold is the only major thing TBA, but that's a side project that the mod doesn't depend on and will still take a very long time to complete regardless. So, if you're expecting the mod to be of acceptable quality, I don't see a reason to wait - it is complete, for the most part. Anything I do from now on is just a bonus.
    edited July 2018
    Alright. This is compatible with "Tome and Blood", correct? If it is, I'll be more than happy to install it right now and give it a go. I can get back to you with feedback as well.

Sorry, maybe I was being too premature.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    This mod looks interesting enough that I'm gonna scrap my current scs game and try this mod out. My question is, I use BWS to install everything I want and this mod isn't included in BWS. You reckon it'll be alright to install this mod after finishing a BWS install?
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    For the record, I just finished playing the quest portion of this mod and thought it was extraordinary. It does a great job at adding bits to some areas of the game that needed some love. Props to you Artemius.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I think this mod is wonderful! It adds nice classes and is very fun. Just note that BGEE, the quest pack is hard if you start it as soon as you can (1st or 2nd level).
    Updated to v1.9.14.
    • Fixed missing CHA-based saving throw bonuses
    • Improved Shadovar Amulet inventory icon
    • Fixed invalid strings for Shadow Spear
    • Fixed invalid strings for Nighthaunt attacks
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    @Artemius_I:

Attempting to install a freshly downloaded 1.9.14 on a freshly installed Siege of Dragonspear 2.3.67.3 results in the following error. I've checked the download for the file "c0nvamp1.cre" that the error log complains about, and it is indeed missing from the subfolder "spells" of the main folder "shadowadept". After a search of the entire mod's folder structure, no such file appears to be present anywhere within the download:

ERROR: error loading [shadowadept/spells/c0nvamp1.cre]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Shadow Magic: Main Component], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1363 files for [SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1363 files for [SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "shadowadept/spells/c0nvamp1.cre")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.DEBUG and look for support at: Artemius_I
    Using Language [English]

Install Component [Shadow Magic: Main Component]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    @ggallegher

Sigh. Fixed.
    edited July 2018

Updated to v1.9.14.

• Fixed missing CHA-based saving throw bonuses
    • Improved Shadovar Amulet inventory icon
    • Fixed invalid strings for Shadow Spear
    • Fixed invalid strings for Nighthaunt attacks
    Hmm, using the latest version here, I am still not seeing the CHR bonuses (saving throws and resistances) for some reason on the Nightsinger.
    Updated to v1.9.15.
    • Fixed installation failure
    • Fixed Nightsinger's loss of passive bonuses
    Zaghoul
    edited July 2018

Updated to v1.9.15.

• Fixed installation failure
    • Fixed Nightsinger's loss of passive bonuses
    Nice. :) The saving throws show as listed now, +2 for an 18 CHR, but I am still not seeing the damage resistance modifier on nightsinger's character info sheet. Under resistances it still shows as none. It looks you have it set up for an 18 to knock off 5% of everything but physical damage.

@Zaghoul

The bonus is to elemental damage dealt, not resisted. That doesn't get displayed on the character sheet.
    Zaghoul
    Ahhh, I've got it now. I just misunderstood the table. Thanks for the quick update. B)
    edited July 2018
    [EDIT] I just had a question - playing as a Shadow Disciple, how do I scroll to the right to see the rest of my shadow spells? There is no scroll arrow unless I completely rest and then select my main char again, but then after he casts, the scroll arrow is gone again. I have spells that I cannot select due to not being able to scroll to the right of the menu. Besides that, it's fine.

[EDIT] This may have to do with a module conflict if you're not getting the same error through testing. I have a hunch it may be "Tome and Blood". Also, spell icons not properly showing up through the contingency spell could be another cause.

Getting back to this mod. Having played it and I'm loving it. It's fantastic. You've done an amazing job on every part of it. Thank you!
    Post edited by UOLegacy on