Skip to content

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

Comments

• UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2018
    Question on the "Nightsinger" kit for Bards. How do you utilize shadow magic with this class? I was playing "Heart of Winter" straight from the beginning but there was no menu list of shadow spells for me to choose from or anything.

This is was also during a fresh, new and unmodded install so I know nothing else could have interfered with the spell selection.

I also noticed that after installing v1.9.25, the installer reported back to me "INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS".
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Not sure of the warnings. The Nightsinger was using an outdated resource that used to be the helper to provide spells though. Fixed.
    edited August 2018
    The warnings did not seem to affect game play. I had no problems with any spells whatsoever. I'll let you know if something creeps up.

I'll try to load the new version right now. Thanks for your continued dedication.
    edited August 2018
    Alright. After installing 1.9.26 and trying the Nightsinger again, I still did not receive a menu to select shadow spells; even by level 12 (in HoW). The only spells that show up are the ones given automatically to you (such as Identify).
    v1.9.3
    • Fixed Shadow Monk - Shadow Pool scales with level, channelling time decreases with level
    • Fixed Nightsinger
    • Added missing .ids entries for IWD:EE
    Everything is working great.
    I've ran into an odd error with "Summon Shadows". They don't act on a script anymore. This is at least summoning them from a Nightsinger. They simply stand there and don't help out the party.
    @UOLegacy

Arrrrgh. Fixed.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited August 2018
    It seems the missing apprentices in BGEE are not coded as Shadow Adepts (i.e., their Kit attribute is Unknown.....)

The same holds for their personal weapon (e.g., Staff of Nym Phaundal): I think you should set parameter2 of opcode #319 to 9 (instead of 6) and then set parameter1 accordingly.....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Shadows use the script now. Curious, is it a different script than before? I noticed they don't use certain spells as much, but maybe that's just me.
    edited August 2018
    Luke93 said:

I think you should set parameter2 of opcode #319 to 9 (instead of 6).....

Actually, parameter2 = 11 (Actor's script name) is a better choice.....
    The staff usability is intentional.

The other is a low-priority fix. I've got a huge change in the works that I need to finish before I update again, but I'll do something about that when I'm ready.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited August 2018
    I am not seeing the command to summon a familiar in this edition for the Nightsinger at the appropriate level. I've changed nothing else that I know of.
    BG1 - I can see the spell in EEKeeper so it is there to be added, just not the command for the character.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited August 2018
    With the Nightsinger I found another possible issue in addition to the missing command for the familiar. After 10th level he gets 1hp/lvl as opposed to the usual 2hp's that other bards get. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but just wanted to report it in my current game.
    EDIT1: BG1 wraiths do non lethal damage. I saw a comment on that but was not sure if that is intentional behavior or not.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Trying the following:
    Vanilla BG2ee v2.5 >> Shadow Magic last version (v1.9.32 the moment I m testing)

Create a CHAR >> mage >> shadow adept

I can pickup normal arcane spells for the spellbook; isn't the kit supposed to stop learning those? I think i tested the mod a while ago and i couldnt pick up any arcane spell (like it should) from the char creation screen. But i can now. Is it normal?
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Getting this error.

ERROR: cannot convert kit_code or %kit_code% to an integer
    ERROR: [override/QD_MCM01.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: [C0SADEPT.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Shadow Magic (Shadow Magic (NEW)) was not installed due to errors.

WeiDu log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7xbajg8rip2wkb/Weidu.7z?dl=0
    Installation log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8m0ysukvhe4cc4/Bak-201809040134.7z?dl=0

This was part of a large install. You can check the discussion of the issue I had with this install:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29544&page=4
    http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/96/latest-ee-mod-setup-issues/p2
    edited September 2018
    @Radamanth77

You can pick arcane spells but they will disappear once in game. This is an unfortunate limitation because if you are unable to pick spells you can’t progress past that screen. There are mods that remove the spell selection process in favor of a dialogue-based spell selection but it does this for all mages so this one does not do that.

@Anprionsa

I’m going to fix this today.
    @Artemius_I

That's awesome! Look forward to it.
    v1.9.32
    • Added a SHADOW_ADEPT specifics which the kits now use instead of the SHARRAN specifics
    • Refined scripts to no longer need an invisible helper creature
    • Updated qd_multiclass.tpa to install properly on EET
    For a pre-existing SA, use this console command to update them to the new specific:

C:Eval('ChangeSpecifics(Player1,SHADOW_ADEPT)')
    edited September 2018
    [FIXED in v1.9.32a] The latest version (i.e., 1.9.32) installs with warnings......
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    @Luke93

*sigh* I overwrote the changes I made previously that took care of that. Fixed.

@Luke93

*sigh* I overwrote the changes I made previously that took care of that. Fixed.

I'm sorry, but I'm still getting those warnings.....
    @Luke93

My internet's currently a bit slow so the changes probably were not pushed through yet. Try again in a couple of minutes.
    Installing this now, will let you know.
    edited September 2018
    Zaghoul said:

I am not seeing the command to summon a familiar in this edition for the Nightsinger at the appropriate level.

Yep, I confirm: the Nightsinger doesn't get the ability to summon a Shadow familiar once he/she reaches level 8.....
    Moreover, the Nightsinger should not probably be able to dual-class........
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited September 2018

So, you have the monk kit doing level drain? I'm curious how you approximate that, as I'm thinking of giving it to one of my kits. My understanding is the the actual level drain opcode is useless against the AI...?

Why would it be useless?
    It penalizes THAC0, Saving Throws, HP, caster level, and drains spells.

As a bonus against monster-classes, they drain as Fighters, meaning even draining 1 level removes all proper spell-casting. At least for those that don't cheat and actually use "Spell()" instead of "ForceSpell()".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.