Skip to content

Stuck on Nalia's Quest, bug? [SOLVED]

KnaifeKnaife Member Posts: 4
edited June 2017 in Troubleshooting
Edit: Solution (through clua console) is on my third post.

Well met!

I'm currently trying to do the Nalia's father funeral quest.

After accepting her in the party, the messenger showed up at the slums. Then I proceeded to the graveyard district where the messenger teleports everybody to the funeral building. I tried speaking to all NPCs in the upper level, using each party member (Nalia included). But Isaea Roenall never triggers into leaving, he always have a 1-line speech no matter who I use to talk to him.

I also tried letting Nalia go by herself to this freaking funeral. She states she will be back in a day at the copper coronet and leaves the party. Unfortunately she never returns, I think she was abducted there :wink:

So I'm stuck in both paths, there is no way to advance the quest further.

For Path 2(Nalia goes alone) I tried using the clua console in 2 ways:
1 - To spawn Khellor (Roenal's traitor guard), which resulted in Nalia prompting her return-from-funeral speech when I reveal Isaea's slavery in government district. And later more creepy things occur.
2 - To spawn Nalia after 24 h, using these lines that I found on another forum:
SetGlobalTimer("IsaeaArrestTimer","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY)
SetGlobal("IsaeaNalia","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("NaliaReturnSpawn","AR0406",1)
MoveGlobal("AR0406","Nalia",[1027.1508])
Nalia returns and after a while Isaea appears for the ambush, but he stays motionless and I can't talk to him.

I have BG2:EE with no mods installed.
Post edited by Knaife on

Comments

• KnaifeKnaife Member Posts: 4
    I tried again to solve the issue.

I found a new .baf files on the internet referring to the quest.

Within it, I still didn't find the condition which triggers Isaea into storming out of the funeral, but I found the condition which triggers Nalia into complaining about Isaea (which should happen after he leaves the funeral):
    Click in spoiler to see the code.
    IF
    Global("IsaeaNalia","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("NaliaComplainsIsaea","LOCALS",0)
    GlobalTimerExpired("FuneralLeaveTimer","GLOBAL")
    CombatCounter(0)
    See([PC])
    InParty(Myself)
    !StateCheck([PC],STATE_SLEEPING)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
    END

So I manually set "IsaeaNalia" to 1 and Set the timer "FuneralLeaveTimer", these 2 commands prompted Nalia's complain. Unfortunately, triggering the complain was not sufficient to trigger the ambush 1 day later. Again, I had to set manually the timer "IsaeaArrestTimer" to make Isaea and his friends appear, I got the variable name from the code below.
    IF
    Global("NaliaWentToFuneral","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("NaliaReturnsFromFuneral","GLOBAL")
    Global("NaliaReturnSpawn","AR0406",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100

Isaea appears to abduct Nalia but there is no dialog, he just remains idle.

I tried again going through Path2(Nalia goes alone to funeral). In the first post, I said this Path lead to she never returning to copper coronet. Therefore I manualy entered the THEN response from the code above to force her appearing. It worked, although I arrived in the same problem of Path1: Isaea doesn't do anything after appearing for the ambush.

I believe I have a problem with Isaea recognizing she is in the party since:
    1 - In the funeral Isaea ignores Nalia (but the minister, doesn't)
    2 - During the Ambush, his dialog condition is the one below:
    IF
    GlobalTimerExpired("IsaeaArrestTimer","GLOBAL")
    Global("NaliaArrested","GLOBAL",0)
    InParty("Nalia")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartDialogueNoSet("Nalia")
    END

I know the first 3 conditions are true since the first one prompts his appearing and the other 2 can be checked with GetGlobal().
    The only condition which I don't know how it works is the "InParty('Nalia')". That's why I think the problem is there. I'm assuming this condition is also checked at the funeral.

Could anyone help me? Perhaps I can solve if I find the conditions the trigger Isaea's speech in the funeral. Or maybe how/where can I read the condition script file. Or how to make InParty("Nalia") true so I can check my assumption.

Thanks.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    At the funeral, the following conditions are checked in Isaea.dlg
    !Dead("Nalia") // Nalia
    IsValidForPartyDialog("Nalia") // Nalia
    See("Nalia") // Nalia
    !StateCheck("Nalia",STATE_SLEEPING) // Nalia
    Global("IsaeaNalia","GLOBAL",0)
    ~Nalia, my dear! I have been worried sick about you!~and so on
    At the same time those are set

At the arrest scene the following conditions are checked in Isaea.dlg
    !Dead("Nalia") // Nalia
    IsValidForPartyDialog("Nalia") // Nalia
    !StateCheck("Nalia",STATE_SLEEPING) // Nalia
    Global("NaliaArrested","GLOBAL",0)
    Resulting in
    SetGlobal("NaliaArrested","GLOBAL",1)
  • KnaifeKnaife Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2017
    PaulaMigrate, thank you very much for pointing me the file name and the conditions. I am inclined to think the problem is with IsValidForPartyDialog(), based on what you wrote.

Tonight I will try to solve it and I will post whatever results I get.

Edit: Non-conventional solution.
    I believe the problem is with the InParty("Nalia") command. Since I don't know how to solve this, I will record how I got to quest end (I got the achievement Absolute Power, so I think this will be sufficient as a solution). This is just in case someone get the same problem as mine.

Step 1: Let Nalia go by herself to the funeral.
    Step 2: Go to copper coronet and if she doesn't appear after 24 h insert commands:

Step 3: Get her at Copper Coronet and go to Outdoor area, after 24 h an idle Isaea and 4 guards appear.
    Input C:SetGlobal("NaliaArrested","GLOBAL",1) in clua console.
    Then, with the mouse over Nalia type all 4 clua console commands in pause mode:
    ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
    SetLeavePartyDialogFile()
    LeaveParty()
    EscapeArea()

Step 4: Nalia will leave the Party, in my case Isaea disappeared with her. I had to use EscapeArea() command with the cursor over each guard to make them leave. If Isaea doesn't follow Nalia I suggest using EscapeArea() on him too.
    Step 5: Force Khellor appearance through C:CreateCreature("Khellor").
    Congratulations, after spawning Khellor proceed normally with the quest. When you rescue Nalia if she says she doesn't want to be a burden then you know you arrived at the correct end of the quest.
    Post edited by Knaife on