Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

A Skunk Tale (or stinking cloud spell must be skunk based)

ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,930
Lemme tell ya, if ya ain't smelled a skunk blast at close range... you-ain't-smelled- well you know, STINK! :s :'( :s

My front door area just got annihilated, bombed, blasted, stanked ,stunk, and stunk up. I think (hope) it was not kittycat. The possums usually come round at night to eat her food at the door. I have not seen the skunks in quite a while now that close to the house.

So, I hear the food plate rattling hard, as it does when a possum is there, then I hear a rukus. I went to the door, to ckeck on kitty (she don't like the possums much) looked outside first, as I always do,saw nothing and figgered the critter had left. Well POW :o , right up the nose hole, its got to be one of the worse stinks ever, blasts me right in the face as it had just sprayed. Even after closing the door immediately the whole entrance room stinks.

I mean that critter musta emptied the whole dang load.

Hopefully it was a possum and the skunk getting into and not kitty and skunk. She has always had the sense to leave skunks alone.

Still up my nose.
Its moving fast, dang rotten onion smellin stink.

It's coming over to the back of the house now, so I can't open another door.
It's coming in through the front windows.
It's coming under the inside doors.
It's moving through the house, moving to the living room.
Oh lawd...

IT"S HERE. :s

Somebody please, send me a gas mask, NOW.

RavenslightmlneveseArctodusThacoBelltypo_tilly

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,930
    7 hrs later.
    At least I can open the back door to the house.
    Entrance room of front door/office is still a lost cause at the moment.
    Rest of the house is...tough but doable. B)

RavenslightThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,007
    Protip: when confronted with strong smells, simply overpower it with even more extreme smells. You'll notice that skunk glands are powerless against opened Surströmming cans. Sooner rather than later your nose can't smell anything anymore.

tbone1Zaghoul
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    How awful for you! Just passing that smell on the highway is enough to make my eyes water. To have it at your door where you can’t get away from it…

Zaghoul
    @Kamigoroshi Ifin I had anything that was close to this, Id try it, even the Surstomming you mentioned, hehheh. Lawd, this stuff is louder than burying dead critters back on the farm in the middle of summer when I was a kid.
    I think my nose is half burnt out now anyway, I guess its good there stem cells in the ol nose. ;)
    Unfortunately not burnt out enough to go out the front door.

@Ravenslight Thanks. Ha, so you at least have had a small taste of it ;). I knew the skunks were back out as the last two days I have met dead ones on the road here, and agreed, that's bad, but THIS, I never expected this all pervasive, nose permeating stench.
    At least now I can sit out back, but I can see my churchwarden is gonna be working overtime today, sure hope some Ol' Toby from MS can help.

Balrog99 said:

Try casting Zone of Sweet Air!

Awe mann, what I would give for that spell right now. :s :'( :s

Hmm, idea for new forest living critters in BG. Dire Skunks, biggun's, and aggresive as all get out. Causes PC's to carry the effects of a stinkin cloud spell for a long duration.

DreadKhanBalrog99
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,983
    My first skunk encounter was way back when I was six. It's a long story about one of my grandfather's blue tick coonhounds on his first outing. Guess who had to ride in the back of the pickup holding on to the dog so it wouldn't jump out? (This was back when and where kids riding in the back of a pickup truck was a sign of trust and maturity. And skunk-drenched hunting dogs.)

ZaghoulThacoBell
    @tbone Yup, that would get ya mighty close to it ;) .
    Haha, yep, the ol pick up truck rides. I actually had to get clarification on that from the police a few years back. Seems now one has to have an adult back there with them to make it legal, at least in NC. B)

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,466
    This reminds me of a joke entry in the item guide of Versus Books' BG2 strategy guide. A rod that summons Craghackdor Izzlesnizzit, a red dragon that uses all of the cloud spells.

Balrog99Zaghoul
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 4,891
    Zaghoul said:

Balrog99 said:

Try casting Zone of Sweet Air!

Awe mann, what I would give for that spell right now. :s :'( :s

Hmm, idea for new forest living critters in BG. Dire Skunks, biggun's, and aggresive as all get out. Causes PC's to carry the effects of a stinkin cloud spell for a long duration.
    Could've been worse. It could have been a wolverine. From what I understand they're like big ass skunks with sharper teeth, bigger claws, and a bad attitude!

ZaghoulThacoBell
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,851
    We have a racoon family trying to eat all the cat food, now most of my more feral cats (that hate eating around people) are getting skinny. It's summer though, so maybe they're headed to the beach, and want to look fit?

Had a family of skunks once sneak into a barn. A well sealed one. :neutral: didn't do any spraying, but they kinda stank anyways! Bloody cute kits though.

ZaghoulBalrog99
    DreadKhan said:

We have a racoon family trying to eat all the cat food, now most of my more feral cats (that hate eating around people) are getting skinny. It's summer though, so maybe they're headed to the beach, and want to look fit?

Had a family of skunks once sneak into a barn. A well sealed one. :neutral: didn't do any spraying, but they kinda stank anyways! Bloody cute kits though.

They are cute little critters, but they must have one of the best defense system out there. Cept for the horned owls we have around here not much bothers them except cars. Apparently skunks have some of most developed system of all the critters similar.
    My granpa had one as a walk in 'pet' at his building supply that never sprayed anybody, maybe they were extra careful,hehheh

Stink is STILL about the house but I at least braved the entrance room to open the doors for some air. B)

I would love to have a pet skunk some day. De-gland of course.

Zaghoul
    @ThacoBell Would be an interesting companion for sure. It is interesting watching them charge another critter. One did that with my cat. He would charge and back off, charge and back off. Kitty had sense enough to stay still and not make a move, hehheh.
    My granpa would have have visitors, once a lady picked his skunk friend up and said "when did you have his glands removed?" He said "I didn't" Man, I would have loved to have seen the look on her face, lol.

Obviously the possum last night did not, Im sure he's hating it right now.

Update: Inside of main part of house is better, entrance is still a wasteland. B)

Balrog99ThacoBell
    Finally, strong breezes up on the mountain overnight took out the remaining stink last, whewww. :)

ThacoBelltypo_tilly
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,681
    Aw, 2 days? XD

Usually it's dogs that get sprayed by skunks. Running after little critters and putting their noses where they don't belong. n.n

Zaghoul
    @typo_tilly I think dogs n owls are the only things that don't quit when it comes to gettin skunks.

I might have spoken too soon, the sun heated up the deck, and brought out a lil more stink. I'm hoping a real frog strangler of a rain is gonna hit tomorrow- pa-lease ;) B) .

typo_tillyBalrog99
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 2,282
    As bad as that skunk's smell must be, I must say that the Stinking Cloud smell is probably much worse. Stinking Cloud's smell is so bad that it knocks you unconscious. Although you might not have enjoyed that skunk's smell, it did not knock you unconscious. The skunk's smell is probably more on par with the ghast stench; i.e. it gives you attack penalties.

Zaghoultypo_tilly
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,851

As bad as that skunk's smell must be, I must say that the Stinking Cloud smell is probably much worse. Stinking Cloud's smell is so bad that it knocks you unconscious. Although you might not have enjoyed that skunk's smell, it did not knock you unconscious. The skunk's smell is probably more on par with the ghast stench; i.e. it gives you attack penalties.

Maybe he's got really good saving throws?

ZaghoulThacoBelltypo_tilly
    @olvynchuru A good point, but I am not sure how I would have felt if I stayed in the front room, Attack penalties for sure in THERE ;) . Maybe a ghast should throw out a stinking cloud as he attacks with his usual stuff. I mean that stuff travels, hehheh B)

@DreadKhan Ha, I'm pretty sure I was borderline passing my ST on the first one as I opened the door and pow, right in the kisser, although, at least I didn't trip running out of there though :)

Did up my 'hair' up quick under my stockin cap (did help a little, I was surprised) as I couldn't find my heavy dust masks while I was stuffing towels around all the windows and doors.

Makeshift on the run skunk mask: The lil lady had to know the fun she was missing for 2, now bout to hit three-ish days, hehheh

typo_tillyBalrog99
    Zaghoul said:

@typo_tilly I think dogs n owls are the only things that don't quit when it comes to gettin skunks.

I might have spoken too soon, the sun heated up the deck, and brought out a lil more stink. I'm hoping a real frog strangler of a rain is gonna hit tomorrow- pa-lease ;) B) .

It would have to be, unfortunately, skunk spray is not water soluble, that's why its so tenacious.

typo_tillyZaghoul
    @ThacoBell Im starting to get that impression with the thiols in it. Then I was lookin up putrescine and cadaverine, to compare all the dead critters on the road. Well, the skunk beats them there to, as he mixes up ALL that stuff on the highway. Lawd. The skunk odor really irritates the sinuses and throat.

If I'm lookin up stenches and the chemicals in them I musta been impressed by the lil feller's power, hehheh
    B)

Skunk is PRETTY bad. My nose has pretty much been ruined by my Biology classes in college. I don't think anything can compare with un-monitored bacteria cultures in a hot incubator...

Balrog99
    @ThacoBell That'll do as well. My first visit to the gross anatomy lab in a med school was a real nose opener as well, reminded me of our ol smokehouse on the farm when I was a kid.

ThacoBellBalrog99