Skip to content

[v3.4] Aura, a gnome artificer NPC for BG:EE + SoD

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
edited February 2022 in BG:EE Mods

Introduction

Aura Glimmershine is a young lawful good-aligned gnome artificer and inventor from the island nation of Lantan. She is kind and idealistic at heart, and while she can be rather shy and socially inept when interacting with strangers, but easily turns peppy and excitable when the topic strays into her fields of expertise. Aura uses the custom artificer thief kit—while unsuited for direct combat, it specializes in various forms of utility such as traps, alchemy, and a bit of unique magical prowess.

She can be found at the Beregost town square and carries with a small selection of personal items. If the PC is female, she may show hints of romantic attraction, though there is no full romance within BG1.

In Siege of Dragonspear, she can be found in the Coast Way Forest, after leaving Baldur's Gate.

Race: Gnome
Class: Artificer (Thief) optional: Illusionist/Artificer, Priestess/Artificer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: 8
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 19
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 15

Mod includes:

– One new party member with the Artificer thief kit
    – New items and item upgrades
    – 10 friendship talks with the PC in BG1, 8 in SoD
    – Banters with every joinable NPC
    – Small quests in BG1 and SoD
    – A romance with a female PC with 12+ Intelligence and 10+ Charisma in SoD
    – Crossmod content

Post edited by TheArtisan on
LavaDelVortelmegamike15MirandelronaldoThacoBellStefanOArctodusMush_MushGrammarsaladVallmyrelminstertbone1mf2112AerakarkaguanaEekanImpNoobaccaRaduzielHugoRunebooinyoureyesmashedtatersContemplative_HamsterGusindajunyangchejoshua15502PsicoVicleeuxSCARY_WIZARDInKal_DD_Maurvir

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited August 2017
    OMG. Aura the nerd. I'm so looking forward to play this mod. Because I love traps. And, being a nerd myself, nerds.
    Grammarsalad
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i can already see aura have a nice relationship with wilson.
    ThacoBell
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    About to take a 14-16 hour flight and will be unavailable for a couple of days. Added a list of NPC reactions to the main post.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    :open_mouth:

My next run was going to be a female Cleric/Thief Charname with pink hair.

I might take Aura just so I can bring her and Alora to be a pink haired shorty trio! XD
    ThacoBell
    edited August 2017
    @Vallmyr Better yet, throw in Imoen and Neera for a pink-haired quintet :p And if you have BG1NPC installed, Xan as a temporary extra once you reach Baldur's Gate city :p
    ThacoBellVallmyr
    So adorable!

This is the portrait I commissioned for my gnome character of whom I'll be using in my next run. They are going to be the best of friends (if not more)!

ThacoBell
    i remember you had issues writing banter for glint and jan. and now here you are making a gnome mod.
    Vallmyr
    Gnomes are the best race in D&D and we need MORE!
    "Gnomes in the Sword Coast are weird. It's kinda hard to believe that we're kin sometimes." - Aura
    ThacoBelltbone1Aerakar
    The writing for Aura-BG1 is complete. But there is still testing and SoD to do, and I've decided against releasing the BG1 portion as a standalone for the moment. Hopefully the wait for the finished product will not be for much longer.
    I'm so excited! Will she be in BG2 eventually as well or only BG/SoD? I'm fine with BG/SoD since I play it more than BG2 but just curious.
    now i play the game on story mode so take this with a grain of salt. but i find that compared to bg2 it feels alot easier to write for bg1 , sod, and tob due to them being shorter in length .
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Eagerly awaiting this one. I like the idea of the kit, and you can never have enough gnomes. They tend to be the most entertaining NPC's of the series.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    I deeply appreciate her fear of bears. The idea that she'll stare down a Baalor, but run from a bear on a bridge is great : D
    ThacoBellGrammarsalad
    Status update: my current semester is coming to an end. I'm hoping to get BG1+SoD finished during the holidays.
    ThacoBellmegamike15
    your gonna have alot on your plate once aura is done. you have like 4 bg 2 mods to do.
    ValciThacoBell
    Shush you. It’s hard enough not thinking about the workload I’ve set for myself.

For reference: Aura BG1 > Drake BG2 > Aura BG2 > Gleya BG2 > The Fallen Light.
    ThacoBellredline
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Well, I have a priority timeline for my most anticipated mod now.
    Yes! Finally, I have some freedom for a while! Hoping I can finish this while I have the luxury of time on my hands.
    megamike15ThacoBellGusinda
    Getting there... slowly, a bit at a time. Hoping for an open testing version before Christmas, but, well... I’m notoriously bad at keeping my promises.
    ArctodusThacoBellRVNS
    edited December 2017
    Who needs sleep when there's modding to be done?...

Introducing a new form of status: Freeze

New item:

Learned how to add custom status icons for clarity. Yay!
    ArctodusThacoBellNoobacca
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Going on a writing spree, had a close shave with a hardware crash that would’ve cost me over a dozen banters. Fortunately I’ve managed to recover them.

Hopefully it won’t be too far off completion now.
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell
    Quick question for those few people who follow this: PID-flirts, yes or no?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited December 2017
    I would say no, but at worst I can just ignore them. I'm not especially bothered by them.
    redline