Skip to content

[v3.4] Aura, a gnome artificer NPC for BG:EE + SoD

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    That must be a really old game state given that 1.94 was six months ago, but I get it.
    @Son_of_Imoen

I just remembered that your version might be an issue because prior to an update in May the SoD friendship was completely broken and never starts (and nobody played it or realized, yeeeah!) so that could become a problem. If you play SoD that is.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    AionZ wrote: »
    That must be a really old game state given that 1.94 was six months ago, but I get it.

It can take years before I finish a campaign of a particular game, I'm slow in progress and play several games of different genres at the same time. Most games get finished 1-3 years after starting them.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    AionZ wrote: »
    @Son_of_Imoen

I just remembered that your version might be an issue because prior to an update in May the SoD friendship was completely broken and never starts (and nobody played it or realized, yeeeah!) so that could become a problem. If you play SoD that is.

I'll remember that and refrain from playing SoD with this particular campaign then.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    I have just reinstalled using EET and a number of thief kits including Artificer would not install due to mod conflicts, therefore no Aura. :'( Have you any idea which mod might be causing the problem so that I can avoid that mod in my next set-up?

I am thinking that FnP or Rogue rebalancing are the most likely culprits.
    @Wise_Grimwald

I’d be reaching in the dark without a .debug file or a WeiDU log or something that might give me an idea on what mod may be causing issues. Whether it’s the single-class or multi-class kit you’re using could be important as well.
    @Wise_Grimwald

Another thing - I hope you're installing the mod on BG1 pre-EET conversion rather than trying to install it on BG2 post-conversion.
    2.6 update:
    • Added improved icons for artificer's runes
    • Artificer kit now displays its name instead of Thief for multiclasses
    • Priestess kit innates are now gained through cleric levels
    • Sunshooter III and above gains Eminence - arrows strike as enchanted weapons
    • Fixed sleeping draught script in SoD
    ThacoBellilduderino
    Updated to 2.7
    • Improved overhead comments in SoD
    • Added an event-based dialogue in SoD
    • Added a few alternate lines for mage-Aura
    • Added visual effect for targets that are Aflame
    • Increased speed and range of thrown explosives
    • Second crossmod banter with Verr occurs during rest as intended
    megamike15ThacoBellFina92
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so aura gave me the seed quests but when i talk to jaheira i get no option to talk to her about the seeds. am i supposed to have jaheira in the party for that to trigger? i rather not kick my currrent party out. also the seed quest did not pop up in my journal either.
    @megamike15
    I, uh, may have changed the way that conversation works and forgot to mention it. With 2.7, if Jaheira's in the party she will grow the sunflowers immediately during the conversation if asked to. In the process I removed the force-talk option for while Jaheira's in the party. You can kick her out, or if you don't want to do that, the druid Onoroth in the nearby area can do the same for 2000g.
    Updated to v2.8.
    • Rolled back some kit mechanics that caused incorrect stats for multiclass
    • Improved arrow visuals
    • Improved Aerial Judgment visual

The new visual for the 5th craft rune spell, Aerial Judgment.
    28ea483c3a44be0edadbb0a0e2c14569.gif
    ThacoBellZaghoul
  • SornfeinSornfein Member Posts: 36
    What about polish language? Any plans? Any volunteers? :blush:
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    just finished aura's sod content. your mods do add alot to sod i feel. sort of like how the talks with imoen in her romance mod does the same for tob. sad i can't continue hers or drake's story in bg 2 atm.
    @megamike15

Thank you! Don’t worry, the BG2 stuff will come and it will hopefully be worth the wait. I have some good things planned there.

@Sornfein

Translation’s not up to me I’m afraid. If anyone’s capable and willing (there is quite a lot of text to go through) I can get the mod traifyed so that it may be translated, but I have no ability to do it myself and I have no contacts to work with.
  • dvoytekdvoytek Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I have some issues with Aura in EET. I know she isn't officially supported, but I tried a thing with adding AURA_BG1 0 //Aura NPC Mod for BG:EE
    to compatibility.tbl
    Craft rune ability crashes the game. Also she recieves cleric weapon proficiencies when leveling up (I choose her to be pure artificier during installation). Her HLA party buff doesn't work.
    These problems don't occur in regular BG:EE with SoD, only in EET (I didn't check the HLA though due obvious reasons)
    Also I discovered that all sequencer like spells crashes my game in EET while using Sod GUI, but in BG2 GUI they work fine and Craft rune still doesn't.
    Goddamnit. Time to break out the fresh installs and do some in-depth debugging. And if this is a mod compatibility issue (I’m eyeing UI mods here in particular) then it’ll take even longer.
    dvdbangsrud
  • dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 19
    Hi @AionZ
    Great mod. However, there seems to be a conflict with the Lefreut's enhanced UI (LeUI) mod. I'm unable to craft runes and just get the screen shown on the attached image.

csmfggk8advd.jpg
    megamike15Wise_Grimwald
    @dvdbangsrud

This one may be connected to the prior issue. Unfortunately it’s somewhat beyond my understanding as it delves into UI Modding. All I know is that both the UI-based spell learning utility by @kjeron and @lefreut’s UI do... something to the sequencer code in UI.menu... I think. I’m not even sure it has anything to do with that. Maybe one is overriding the other’s effects somehow.
    dvdbangsrud
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @dvdbangsrud Lefreut's UI mod will overwrite changes made if installed after any mods that utilize the UI. LeUI should be installed first.
    @AionZ the SoD GUI skin for EET likely does amount to the same issue - it overwriting the UI files rather than patching them. Though that it crashes makes it sound like it's overwriting with an outdated version of UI.menu.
    dvdbangsrudmegamike15ThacoBell
  • dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 19
    @kjeron @AionZ
    Thanks for the tip. I tried a fresh install with LeUI first and Aura second. Now the game crashes when I try to craft runes.
    Since I hate the new UI I can't play without LeUI, but I also like Aura very much, so I guess it's just no runes for me.
    megamike15Wise_Grimwald
    edited July 2019
    @AionZ SoD UI for EET works fine without Aura installed.
    I just wanted to ask, if you can find a solution? This seems to be complicated. I think crafting runes without sequencer menu could be a temporary workaround. I planned to start a new BG run, but I'm kinda stuck, because I don't want to play without Aura :P
    Post edited by dvoytek on
    Wise_Grimwald
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @dvoytek
    I have put together a small weidu installer to update the related UI files, but you will have to provide two of them manually:
    After installing Aura on BGEE+SOD, copy the following two files your BGEE+SOD override folder into the SEQ_MENU_EET folder:
    BGEE.LUA
    M_SQMENU.LUA

Install this on BG2EE after EE SoD GUI. The end result will have missing/incorrect strings for the craft rune sequencer menu (just the UI part though - the rune names/descriptions will be correct), but otherwise it should work as intended.
    dvoytek
    edited July 2019
    @kjeron All problems solved. Thank you very much :smiley:
    Edit: Actually the journal doesn't work right now. No quest are present and in chapters section only avaible one is The Black Pits.
    Post edited by dvoytek on
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    This is more on the website, but I like your new style. My only suggestion would be to host the files to download on the website directly, it's more user-friendly to click and download there than to be directed to git-hub.
    @Skitia

They are though? I mean obviously the mods are still on GitHub but all the downloads link directly to the master files so you shouldn’t ever see the GitHub site, unless there’s a mistake somewhere.
    edited July 2019
    They do on these forums (Which is good!) but on your website I didn't see anything like that, unless I'm blind.

Edit: And I am blind, I see a download tab. Great job, me.

Though I would add a link to each mod's information pagepage though as well as its present location. That's how it often works, you can read more information, decide you like it, then click to download it when you've finished reading. It's a little more intuitive that way.
    @Skitia

You don't see a link under the character portrait in each respective mod page?
    edited August 2019
    I do now, not sure why that never clicked to me. Guess I'm used to just scrolling all the way down. Ignore all I have sayeth!
    Post edited by Skitia on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @AionZ I'm at the end of Siege, and have a seemingly game ending bug wiht Aura. I'm on top of the portal to Avernus, and Aura had a talk saying she was no longer scared, and was glad to be with me. Immediately after that talk ended, she now spam talks me, and its always the normal player initiated dialog menu. I can stop her by telling her to stop talking, but I can't enter the portal or interact with it in any way. I suspect that there is another dialogue supposed to fire before entering Avernus. So I'm stuck right at the end of SoD and can't progress.