Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Installing & Playing the "Head Start" version of NWN:EE

2»

Comments

• AncientGrendelAncientGrendel Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2017
    Linux Mint 17.3 x86_64 KDE
    AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    xserver-xorg-video-ati Version 1:7.3.0-1ubunto3.1 (Switching to the fglrx drivers is not an option. They break the entire installation.)

NWN:EE > ./beamdogClient-2.1.3-x86_64.AppImage /tmp/.mount_GlFTXw installed: X-AppImage-BuildId=81b9d8c0-626c-11a7-2cfb-11ea8d6540c3 image: X-AppImage-BuildId=81b9d8c0-626c-11a7-2cfb-11ea8d6540c3 A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_GlFTXw/usr/bin/bd/linux/libbeamdog.so) at Error (native) at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:583:18) at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17) at require (internal/module.js:20:19) at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_GlFTXw/usr/bin/resources/app.asar/bd.js:53:18) at Module._compile (module.js:556:32) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17)

I tried running it in a root terminal (I think I can trust you...):
    NWN:EE # ./beamdogClient-2.1.3-x86_64.AppImage /tmp/.mount_ic7CDN ** (zenity:8900): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/16x16/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/16x16/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/32x32/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/16x16/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/32x32/status/dialog-information.png' /usr/local/share/applications/appimagekit-beamdogClient.desktop: warning: value "Beamdog Client" for key "Comment" in group "Desktop Entry" looks redundant with value "Beamdog Client" of key "Name" xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found. A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_ic7CDN/usr/bin/bd/linux/libbeamdog.so) at Error (native) at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:583:18) at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17) at require (internal/module.js:20:19) at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_ic7CDN/usr/bin/resources/app.asar/bd.js:53:18) at Module._compile (module.js:556:32) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17)

In both cases I got the window asking if I wanted the icons installed and clicked [Yes]. The icon showed up in my applications menu but attempting to run it failed. I got a new tab on the taskbar but it eventually just quit without anything showing up.

So I thought this might be relevant:
    apt show libstdc++6:amd64 Package: libstdc++6 State: installed Automatically installed: no Multi-Arch: same Version: 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3

Thanks for your assistance.

Edit:

Additionally, the Beamdog Client installation didn't actually exit. It just hung and I killed it with Ctrl+C in both attempts.

• Dethangels_ShadowDethangels_Shadow Member Posts: 10

Thanks for the feedback.

Added "Make sure you click on the language button in the Beamdog Client on the Drop-down and manually pick Head Start (see English-Head Start on the screenshot below)!" to the OP.

This is, perhaps, the most important part of the information. Perhaps it's really a test? :evil: (where's that emoji? I miss it!) :lol:

JuliusBorisov
  • ZandelarZandelar Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2017
    Issue is as follows;
    I purchased the NWN EE DD for a friend. He received the emails, downloaded the client, went to the website and entered the key. The strange thing is under the "My Games" tab on his account page it is only showing the standard english version, however on the "My Games" tab on my account page I have an additional NWN EE DD game and it takes me to the page with the "Get Started" button. I can provide the order number for the transaction if this will help get this sorted. As well on his client no matter which option he selects from the dropdown it takes him to the "Buy Now" page. Please help!

Update 12/11/17-So we have now gotten the game the head start to show up on his beamdog client, but is the english head start and not the Digital Deluxe. I purchased the digital deluxe...I tried to file a support ticket but the system would not let me complete it.. Any help would be appreciated.

Post edited by Zandelar on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 13,399
    Zandelar said:

Issue is as follows;
    I purchased the NWN EE DD for a friend. He received the emails, downloaded the client, went to the website and entered the key. The strange thing is under the "My Games" tab on his account page it is only showing the standard english version, however on the "My Games" tab on my account page I have an additional NWN EE DD game and it takes me to the page with the "Get Started" button. I can provide the order number for the transaction if this will help get this sorted. As well on his client no matter which option he selects from the dropdown it takes him to the "Buy Now" page. Please help!

Update 12/11/17-So we have now gotten the game the head start to show up on his beamdog client, but is the english head start and not the Digital Deluxe. I purchased the digital deluxe...I tried to file a support ticket but the system would not let me complete it.. Any help would be appreciated.

@Zandelar Send a message to support@beamdog.com

lolien
  • ZandelarZandelar Member Posts: 7

Zandelar said:

Issue is as follows;

@Zandelar Send a message to support@beamdog.com
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks! Sent!

JuliusBorisovlolien
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79
    Do you get a steam key for the head start or do you get the steam key when the game actually releases? Thanks

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 1,592
    You get a Steam key when the game releases on Steam, assuming you ask for the Steam key.

JuliusBorisov
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone! I'm really excited about Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition and had often wondered if and when it would be developed if at all. I intend to run it under wine like I'm running the original NWN.

JuliusBorisov
  • StSBossStSBoss Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I just bought NWN EE. I downloaded the head start. When I click play I get this error message. Please help. THANKS!

The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (English - Head Start). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 3221225781

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member Posts: 856
    @StSBoss You can try the suggestions on this page.

2»