Skip to content

[MOD] Bubb's Spell Menu (v5.0.2)

Comments

• Legion6969Legion6969 Member Posts: 1
    Hello @Bubb

First of all, I love this mod, its an absolute life saver for my Mage/Cleric. Really can't thank you enough.

I just had one request, right now the control bar is up top, and the spells are in the middle of the screen.

Would it be possible to have the control bar at the bottom where the spell button usually is? Right now I'm clicking the spell button at the bottom of the screen, then bringing my cursor all the way up to the top of the screen to navigate between priest or mage spells. It would feel more intuitive and natural to me.

Once again, thank you so much for the work you've put into this, I'm really enjoying it.
  • JebbleJebble Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2022
    Heya

I get the following error when running the game through InfinityLoader.exe
    [string "B3spelEx.lua"]:86: attempt to call global 'EEex_Menu_AddBeforeMainFileReloadedListener' (a nil value)

I installed EEex before spell menu. The compoments from EEex doesn't show ingame, so something has probably gone wrong with the EEex installation. Any ideas?

EDIT: This is solved. I disabled Windows Defender while installing EEex.
    Post edited by Jebble on
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2022
    I cant get this to work again on my new EET install unfortunately, probably a conflict beetween EEex and other UI mods. I'm using the Infinity launcher after installing EEx, but getting a (string B3SpelEx.lua"):84:attempt to call global global 'EEex_AddKeyPressedListener' error on game launch when this mod is installed and it doesnt work in-game.

(EEex alone doesnt give any errors on gamestart, with it does with Bubb's spell menu extended)

I loved this so much though! I'm not sure I can play without it again haha. I might have to redo the whole install if I cant figure this one out.
    Post edited by valamyr on
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @valamyr: Make sure you've added InfinityLoader.exe to your antivirus's exceptions list. If it still throws an error, please upload your WeiDU.log so I can take a look.
    Extended-v4.4:
    • Added bluestone support, (non-SoD BG1:EE and LeUI-BG1EE).
  • GeosgaenoGeosgaeno Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2022
    I'm using the latest dragonspear mod and want to use this mod as well. Apparently it is compatible but as soon as I install EEex and open the Mage/Priest book the game freezes and I have to force quit. Sadly no crash log available.
    Any idea what could be causing this problem?
    @Geosgaeno: I can't replicate the issue. What game, game version, EEex version, and Spell Menu version are you using? WeiDU.log would also be useful.

Only thing I can suggest right now is checking your antivirus and whitelisting InfinityLoader.exe.
    edited July 2022
    Bubb wrote: »
    @Geosgaeno: I can't replicate the issue. What game, game version, EEex version, and Spell Menu version are you using? WeiDU.log would also be useful.

Only thing I can suggest right now is checking your antivirus and whitelisting InfinityLoader.exe.

It's Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition on Steam. v2.6.6.0

DragonspearUI-2.42
    EEex-0.9.7-alpha
    Bubbs-Spell-Menu-Extended-4.3.1

Just noticed that even though I'm installing Dragonspear 2.42 it shows as 2.41 in the weidu log. Weird

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.9.7
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #9 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 6: v2.41
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #10 // Update portrait Picker: v2.41

I whitelisted InfinityLoader.exe. Still freezes
    @Geosgaeno: The original version of Dragonspear UI++ spams Lua errors in the spell book. The way InfinityLoader hooks into the game means that logging these errors takes significantly longer, effectively freezing the game.

From what I can tell, the latest version of Dragonspear UI++ is downloaded from the dropbox link in skusha's post:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1185394/#Comment_1185394

This version has the Lua errors fixed and should work with EEex.

(By the way, if you have the Siege of Dragonspear DLC on Steam, you need to install DLC Merger as the very first mod in your install order to properly mod the game).
    edited July 2022
    @Bubb

You fixed it! Now Dragonspear and the spell selection mod work perfectly but the effect menu module shows a blank page even though my characters have buffs on them.

Weidu log looks like this now
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #8 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 6: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #9 // Fix Blurry Portraits: 22.01.3
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - (LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature): 0.9.7
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - (visual indicators for modal actions, contingency spells, and spell/item cooldowns): 0.9.7
    ~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/SETUP-BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: 4.3.1

Not sure I'm doing the DLC Merger thing correctly. I now have these three files in the workshop folder:

setup-bubb_spell_menu_extended-dlc.mod
    setup-dragonspear_ui++-dlc.mod
    setup-EEex-dlc.mod
    @Geosgaeno: You should be using this install option for DLC Merger:
    mnukvb2d6bxs.png

After installing everything your WeiDU.log should look like this:
    ~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #8 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 6: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #9 // Fix Blurry Portraits: 22.01.3
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - (LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature): 0.9.7
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - (visual indicators for modal actions, contingency spells, and spell/item cooldowns): 0.9.7
    ~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/SETUP-BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: 4.4

I'd clear out your install and start again so no DLC shenanigans can mess things up. The effect menu also isn't 100% accurate, it does the best it can automatically. What buffs aren't being picked up?
    @Bubb

My weidu log looks like this right now:

This is what happens when I run DLC Merger:

[F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-DlcMerger.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    {setup-dragonspear_ui++.exe} Queried (pid = 272) version = 24900

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Deutsch]
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
    n

SKIPPING: [Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC]
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition required.

Press ENTER to exit.

It asks for this DLC for BG1 which I do not own
    @Geosgaeno: DLC Merger is only required on BG1:EE, (you don't install it on any other game), and only if you own the Siege of Dragonspear DLC. It looks like you're modding BG2:EE now, so skip DLC Merger.
    Bubb wrote: »
    @Geosgaeno: DLC Merger is only required on BG1:EE, (you don't install it on any other game), and only if you own the Siege of Dragonspear DLC. It looks like you're modding BG2:EE now, so skip DLC Merger.

Did a clean install and got it to work. Thanks a lot @Bubb for making these awesome mods and for your help!
    Extended-v4.5:
    • Added "Show Key Bindings" option. Example:
      yy5qjd1gp80j.png
    • Fixed compatibility with DragonspearUI++ on BG2:EE and IWD:EE.
    • Bumped WeiDU version.
    Extended-v4.5.2:
    • Added French translation, (thanks @JohnBob!).
    Extended-v4.5.1:
    • Added Project Infinity metadata.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    edited November 2022
    Hi, I noted it in Dragonspear UI but I figured I'd note it here too, the extended spell menu breaks the function of Dragonspear UI's permanent thieving button. Instead of activating the thieving button it causes the innate ability screen to come up
    Extended-v4.5.3:
    • Fixed thieving hotkey opening the spell menu. This also fixes a bad interaction with Dragonspear UI++'s permanent thieving button.
    Note: This release requires a recent EEex version: v0.9.16-alpha+.
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    I've made a fresh install of BG2EE from GOG, installed latest EEex and spell menu mod (nothing else) and I've got this error on the start.

eqqlljwefr80.png

After that game starts just fine and works fine, but I'm worried it might crash at some point
    @Myrag: EEex_Init() is an old EEexLoader function, which was last used in the EEex versions that worked with the v2.5 versions of the games. Are you sure you are using the newest version of EEex? Also, M__EEEX.lua has never been 1310 lines long, so I have no idea what that error message is referring to. Can you upload your WeiDU.log and that M__EEEX.lua file?
    edited December 2022
    Sure thing, here they are

Weidu
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: v0.9.16-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature: v0.9.16-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns: v0.9.16-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #3 // Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar): v0.9.16-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar): v0.9.16-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #5 // Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar): v0.9.16-alpha
    ~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: v4.5.3

M__Eeex.lua

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgYxU_sdmx4vju4xWpSHSG8wXN2aXQ

Game version: 2.6.6.0
    @Myrag: Hm, that file is from an old version of EEex, I don't see how it could have been distributed with v0.9.16-alpha. Are you sure the game folder was 100% clean before you installed?
    edited December 2022
    Well… this is embarrassing, while the folder for the installation was empty, the folder where my weidu installer extracted the mod wasn’t ;/ thanks for the quick response. I’d never figure this out. Surprised it did run without any issues then :) thanks!
  • DavokerDavoker Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2022
    I have a Spanish translation, if you are interested I can give you the .tra file and you can add it officially.

bubb_spell_menu_extended_language\spanish\setup.tra

You would have to add a new line to your "bubb_spell_menu_extended.tp2" file for the new language:

LANGUAGE ~Spanish~ ~spanish~ ~bubb_spell_menu_extended/language/spanish/setup.tra~

Well, you know xD

Edit: In case you want to add it, I put you the file -> https://mega.nz/file/Z91EGbBY#zIm-5y11MLIHaXPQrarWUEdo3ErRHjrefN4Uke7jP9o
    Post edited by Davoker on
    Extended-v4.5.4:
    • Added Spanish translation, (thanks @Davoker!).
  • DavokerDavoker Member Posts: 2
    A pleasure, replaying this game after 20+ years, having improvements like this mod offers is nice =)
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    The mod is compatible with Infinity UI++
    Untitled.png
    zelazko wrote: »
    The mod is compatible with Infinity UI++
    It works, but doesn't match the skin. I have an update pending that fixes that; it's just waiting on the next EEex release.
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 111
    Hey @Bubb I wanted to know if you think there's anyway to tweak your mod to run without EEex.

I mostly play on android out of preference, most mods I can run fine , but anything requiring EEex doesn't work on Android (though its not impossible someone could get it to work).

So I wondered if there would be a work around for your mod.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @Bubb Spell Menu Extended is blocking PI. The same install sequence without Spell Menu Extended proceeds as usual.

The attached file shows the PI screen... I can push the "Set-InstallSequence" button over and over PI doesn't move further in the installation. Any idea?