Skip to content

[v1.72] Warlock Mod

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @subtledoctor

How would you apply an effect which only procs on a successful saving throw?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddess
  • YoshYosh Member Posts: 16
    Hello again :) … so I just finished my playthrough of Siege of Dragonspear with your Warlock-kit last weekend. I did have a really fun experience with it (wanna thank you for it!) and I still stand by my previous statement: I don't think the kit is overpowered; next to Corwin and M'khiin I actually felt a bit weak at times – but I also feel that's in keeping with the spirit of the Warlock in NWN2. At lower to mid-levels it never was a powerhouse. As far as the disables are concerned: playing SoD I only had access to least and lesser invocations, so the 'hardest' disables I got were 'Beshadowed Blast' and 'Draining Blast'. Of the two the latter was actually more useful, since the first has a very short duration. But during play I think I relied more and more on 'Brimstone Blast' and 'Hellrime Blast' (without actually intending to). Given that there are no negative modifiers associated with the saves against blast effects at the lower tiers, a lot of times enemies would save against a given effect – hence the unexpected development of preferring the elemental blasts, since their damage isn't lowered. Concerning 'Hellrime Blast' tho': I don't know whether this is a small bug or an intended feature, but I was unable to shape it into an eldritch chain – whereas other blasts of the same tier could be shaped into a chain without issue.

All in all I feel this is a really great mod of high quality, that captures the feel of the Warlock in NWN2; the only downside it has is the UI-Issue mentioned by others in this thread. Of course it can get tedious after some time to micromanage the blasts every round, going:

//Pause// -'Spells' -> 'select invocation' - //Un-Pause// {wait for the UI-switch} //Pause// - 'Brimstone Blast' //Un-Pause// {wait for the next UI-switch} //Pause// - 'Eldritch Chain' -> 'Select Enemy' - //Un-Pause//

But I also don't see a way around that, at least in the current setup. So anyway … thank you again and kudos to you. Cheers! :)
  • SittingOnChairSittingOnChair Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem before. At the very start of the game, when I am prompted to "choose a grade of invocation:" all that appears is "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS". Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it's meant to be?
    @SittingOnChair

Cannot reproduce the aforementioned issue. Is this something that happens consistently?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited April 2018
    @SittingOnChair: Welcome to the forums! I don't know the exact cause, but it sounds like you've got a broken dialogue. That message shows up when the player isn't given any options for responding to a dialogue, either because the dialogue file is incomplete or because the player doesn't fit the requirements for any existing replies. For example, let's say the player only gets two possible responses. If Response 1 requires the player to have 16 Charisma or higher, and Response 2 requires the player to have 14 Charisma or lower, then the player will have no valid replies if s/he has a 15 Charisma. @Artemius_I, are there any stat or variable requirements for the initial dialogue?

Could you post your WeiDu log, @SittingOnChair? You may have a conflicting mod of some sort.

While you're here, you might try earning the Combo Breaker Badge, since getting the badge is easy on your first few days on the forum, but virtually impossible for old-timers like me.
    @Artemius_I Yes, I have reinstalled the game and have it be the only mod there to be sure. It's still the same issue.

@Artemius_I I maxed Int, Wis, and Cha, still the problem occurs. I had also installed the game to check if it was due to incompatibility. Also what are badges, and what do they get me?

Also I think I have to mention that only the invocations don't work, and when I installed the mod the CMD said that it is "INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS".
    edited May 2018
    @SittingOnChair

Please provide your SETUP-C0WARLOCK.debug file in your game folder. If there's an INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS message then there's probably a dialogue trigger that isn't recognized for some reason.

Just in case, what game and version are you trying to install the mod on?
    @Artemius_I It's BG2 EE v2.0.1.2
    The issue is this:
    [HaveKnownSpellRES] not found in TRIGGER.IDS

The HaveKnownSpellRES trigger is only in more up to date versions of EE. Without this trigger, the download will not read the dialogue properly and the options to choose invocations will be unavailable.

You'll have to update the game. There's not much I can do about it short of changing how the spell learning system works.
    SittingOnChair
  • SunbroSallySunbroSally Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    Hey there! Just got your mod and am very excited to play it. If you could specify what stat the invocations are based off of (I'm assuming int) that would be fantastic.

Edit: realized that it was charisma when I came back to this forum, but would still be nice to see in game.
    @SunbroSally

There are exactly two spells that have Charisma scaling. I might find ideas to make more stat scaling, but there's no stat that's absolutely necessary.
    SunbroSally
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    Thank you. The Warlock kit is among my favorites. I've been using v0.51 since it has been released and will install this version right now.
    v0.61
    • Added portrait icon for Hellfire Blast's constitution drain
    • Hideous Blow: Hellfire Blast properly drains caster's contitution
    FlashburnUOLegacy
    v0.7.1
    • Fixed broken dialogue with Gaelan Bayle
    RaduzielUOLegacy
    v0.8
    • Eldritch Essences and a few invocations (Charm, Curse of Despair, Dread Seizure) gain additional save penalties scaling with Charisma
    • Entropic Warding base AC scales with Charisma
    • Eldritch Chain deals half (rounded up) normal damage to all targets
    • Word of Changing animation changed to black abishai
    RaduzielZaghoulFlashburnUOLegacy
  • barghestbarghest Member Posts: 2
    Can you confirm something for me? '3rd level: HIDEOUS BLOW' does that need to activated for the next melee attack? How does it treat multiple melee attacks per round, or is it one hideous blow per round?

It's going to be tedious to manage that in battle if so. Is there a way to toggle it on/off?
    @barghest

It makes your next melee attack after you cast the spell launch an eldritch blast. Extra attacks per round don't matter, as it is removed after the attack that launches the blast.
  • barghestbarghest Member Posts: 2
    Would be good to have it as a toggle for melee warlocks. A bit like https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/warlock-buddy

Balancing this might be a challenge.
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    You could try it as a mode toggle, something like Subtledoctor has setup for bards. Set attacks to 1, and apply hideous blow damage. So no need to continually re-cast while mode is active.
  • theyogotheyogo Member Posts: 1
    @Artemius_I - Great mod! Here's a quick bug observation I discovered.

Infinite casts with no delay
    (This applies to both Blasts and Invocations, and works once you gain more than 1 blast / invocation)

1. Cast something random, so your character is waiting for next round to cast.
    2. Select Blast or Invocation.
    3. Immediately go into the Casting menu again, but don't select anything. Wait for your character to cast Blast / Invocation, so the UI menu changes
    4. Select your spell from the UI menu. You will now notice that the UI menu changes back to its last selection which was the choice between Blast or Invocation.
    5. Immediately press Blast / Invocation again before the spell gets cast, so your character fires off another Select Blast / Invocation
    6. Once your character fires off the second Select Blast / Invocation, you have now effectively established your infinity loop. Because once you cast a spell, the UI immediately goes back to the previous UI which also happens to be the spell selection in the previous cast. This loops stays forever until you directly click on your character which takes you to the default UI menu. Furthermore, there's no downtime between casts; you are only limited by the casting time.

I've tested this a couple of times, and can say it is game breaking in terms of damage output (but then again, I find the Dead Walk Invocation to be a tad game breaking as well since you can field an infinite army of Skeleton warriors. At least Mages / Clerics were limited by their spell slots per rest).
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Now that many more invocations/essences scale with Charisma, the conversation that occurs on level-up still describes them as they were before v0.8. For example, Brimstone Blast says nothing about a saving throw penalty that scales with your Charisma score, even though it actually does receive a save penalty when looking at it in NearInfinity.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I used Vitriolic Blast to kill Drizzt but noticed that the extra 2d6 acid damage over time was not being applied. The description in the spellbook still says that it should be there, but I'm looking at it in NearInfinity and not seeing any evidence that it's working.
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2018
    Hello everyone,
    How can i install this mod to my iphone 6s plus and my android tablet?
    I’m a begineer at modding. So, i need detailed information with simplified English.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @SneakWalker, for your Android table, it is quite easy and there are a number of topics that cover this. I would start here . For BG1EE, it would be easy enough but unfortunately BG2EE has some problems with using mods at the moment (all can be read about in the above discussion so I wont fill this topic about it). Hopefully 2.6 should fix it.

If you don't have access to a PC, I could put something together for you.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the iPhone and can't assist but there is a discussion about it as well.

Gus
    JuliusBorisovSneakWalker
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    I downloaded the mod as zip but the file can’t open. (Winrar has been installed to my tablet.)
    I downloaded same file to a PC and it can open and install.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited October 2018
    @SneakWalker, yes. You need to setup the mod on your PC before you can place it onto your tablet. To not fill this thread with info not related to the mod, I will create a modfile later today and place it into a new thread which will describe what to do next.

Since you have a PC, we can also work on getting you to create other modfiles (if you are interested) to enable you to play the game modded how you would like.

Gus

Edit: Look here for the modfile
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    SneakWalker