Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited October 2018

I wish a speedy and complete recovery for your wife.

Thanks.

Me too. I no longer have a functional right arm and the left one is also withering.

It's official: an assault rifle is easier to handle than a baby.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    Raduziel said:

Are things looking on track for a release today?

Definitely not. My wife has the flu so I'm being a full-time dad.

I'll try to release at least Valkur today, but that is not a promise.
    Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. You'll be in my prayers. I wish there was more I could do for you, but know that others are thinking of you and you're not alone.
    Raduziel
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

Aurora just fell asleep and I'm very sleepy. Sorry, but this will have to wait. Tomorrow there will be elections here in Brazil; I'll try to work on that as soon as I get home (and Aurora take a nap).
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Raduziel, how is the family? I hope your wife has recovered and that you or Aurora did not catch it as well.

Raduziel, how is the family? I hope your wife has recovered and that you or Aurora did not catch it as well.

They are fine. I'm catching up some stuff from work that I've put aside during the dread flu period.

And Aurora is struggling to sleep, what means that I'm struggling to sleep. The pediatrician said it is due to a "development leap" and that it is normal to her age.

I'll not put any more deadlines to DoF as I'm failing to keep them; as soon as I have something new I'll release an upload and notify here.

Sorry about that.
  • uaintjakuaintjak Member Posts: 15
    Hello! What a great mod this is! I really appreciate all the time and effort you're putting into this, especially juggling all your other responsibilities. I really love this mod.

One question - I had (I think) installed the Justifier and Feral ranger kits from UB prior to DoF, and they don't show up in-game. It might be that I didn't install them, or is it they were disabled because the sphere system doesn't support them? Since they are sort of unofficial official kits, I wondered if you had any plans to include them in your revamps?

Thanks again for this mod either way, you're really doing great work!
    @uaintjak I'm glad you're enjoying it.

As for the kits, DoF doesn't disable anything but the vanilla cleric kits (Talos, Tempus, Lathander, Helm). Kits that are not embraced by the sphere system receive a default amount of spheres.

The so called revamp is not part of this mod's scope. It will add some ranger kits based on deities and that's it. I can get in touch with the author of UB to see if I may add a custom set of spheres for those kits, but won't do anything without his or hers permission. I think that it is being managed by @AstroBryGuy , but I'm not sure.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The kits are added by Unfinished Business for BG2, not BG1UB.

http://www.pocketplane.net/ub

UB for BG2 is maintained by Angel at PPG.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29355.0
    Raduziel
    @AstroBryGuy Thanks.
    Thank you both for the clarification. I realize what I did wrong. I used to get those two kits from Divine Remix, but didn't install it this time around due to using Dieties of Faerun, and expected them to be installed from UB, not realizing they were part of the UB2 package. Also, thank you, Raduziel, for considering including them, and AstroBryGuy for pointing him (and me) in the right direction.
  • LliiraAnnaLliiraAnna Member Posts: 7
    Many thanks for the mod - it's really awesome and I'm excited to see how it'll grow - but I wanted to ask, is it possible to plug a custom kit into the sphere system? And if so, how'd I go about it? Wanted to create a kit for myself to play with but got stuck on this, hah.
    @LliiraAnna You're welcome. It is my pleasure.

If you're talking about a new cleric kit keep in mind that you'll need to set its APR to that of a cleric. To do so add the following to the kit's code:
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~KitInternalName~
    clswpbon = ~0 0 3~
    (...)
    END
    As for your question, when @kjeron developed the system he created a shortcut for adding non-DoF kits to the sphere system, but I can't remember it now and the message is buried under tons of PMs between us, so here's the dumb way to add it:

1) Locate the KIT_SPHERES.tpa file inside D o F/DoF/Lib/Spheres

2) Add your kit's spheres set using any of the sets there as a model

3) Install your new kit

4) Install DoF

That should do the trick.

The problem with this method is that you'll need to add your kit's spheres set every time you install a new version of DoF (what may happen due to upgrades with new content).
    @Raduziel

Thank you very much for the answer. The thing is, I tried adding the kit's spheres in Lib/Spheres before, but it didn't patch for some reason and the kit got stuck with the defaults (it said the spheres aren't defined in weidu.log). Then again, I likely messed up the install order so I'll try again. Thanks once more :)
    Nope, still patches with default spheres. Oh well. Maybe I'll just edit the .2da by hand, or stick with the defaults.
    edited October 2018

Nope, still patches with default spheres. Oh well. Maybe I'll just edit the .2da by hand, or stick with the defaults.

I'll dig through my PM with @kjeron to see if I find the proper instruction. Maybe he'll look this thread before I find it.

There are 1425 PMs so it will take a while.

Sorry about that.
    Raduziel said:

I'll dig through my PM with @kjeron to see if I find the proper instruction. Maybe he'll look this thread before I find it.

There are 1425 PMs so it will take a while.

Sorry about that.
    There's nothing to be sorry about! If anything, I should be sorry for forcing you to do this, haha. Thank you vey much again.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @LliiraAnna
    The alternative would still require creating an array like those in "KIT_SPHERES.tpa" for the kit.
    Only thing I can think of that would choke it would be the kitname used in the array needs to be in all-caps.
    kjeron said:

@LliiraAnna
    The alternative would still require creating an array like those in "KIT_SPHERES.tpa" for the kit.
    Only thing I can think of that would choke it would be the kitname used in the array needs to be in all-caps.

Yes! This was exactly what I did wrong. I had a feeling that there was something small I missed, can't believe I didn't notice... Thank you very much, both of you, and good luck with further work~
  • Maybe a stupid question, but does UI of EE 2.x handle kits in number over nine? Also, what's the simplest way to give kits to characters (especially Viconia)? I'd rather use something simpler and at mod installation than NPC_EE if possible, both for flavour and lesser conflict chance.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

Maybe a stupid question, but does UI of EE 2.x handle kits in number over nine?

All but SoD should have a scrollbar for the kit menus.
    For SoD you have to click and drag the list of kits to see the rest of them.
    I just noticed something - I created a fighter/cleric/mage and wasn't given an option to pick a kit, so the character is just a generic cleric, which I believe is not really viable in your mod. Is it a problem with my installation, or just an oversight?

Also, is there any way to enable the priests of Bhaal, Myrkul, Leira, and others that are disabled? I know the lore reasons, but in my PnP games we always played those gods as still around, and I'd love to keep that aspect. Thanks!
    edited October 2018
    @uaintjak

There are no kits for triple-classes. I don't think that is even possible with the current muticlass kit tool.

As for the disabled kits, I won't give any support for any misbehave that these kits present in other games, but here is the deal:

Locate the DeitiesofFaerun.tp2 file inside DeitiesofFaerun. Open it using a text editor like Notepad++

Locate the deities you want to enable and notice the following command below their entry:
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~game~) @999906

Exclude this line. Repeat this process for every deity you want to enable.

Save and quit.

Don't do this for NPCs components, the game won't find the respective NPC file and the installation will choke.

Good luck, hope it helps.
    Thanks for the quick reply Raduziel, I appreciate it, also the method to enable the kits.

So regarding the triple-class limitation, that means that using this mod, the fighter/cleric/mage is no longer a viable option then, correct? Because of the changes made to vanilla clerics?
    uaintjak said:

Thanks for the quick reply Raduziel, I appreciate it, also the method to enable the kits.

So regarding the triple-class limitation, that means that using this mod, the fighter/cleric/mage is no longer a viable option then, correct? Because of the changes made to vanilla clerics?

I think they are viable. What DoF does is alter the Cleric's base APR and weapon selection so it match that of a Fighter*. So there should be no problems with the FCM. Did you experience something odd?

* I did this because some kits have APR as a Fighter, but as a general rule, every kit from DoF has the same APR as the vanilla Fighter.
    edited October 2018
    I didn't experience anything odd, no - I thought I remember reading that the base cleric was no longer really useable but I may be misremembering from FnP rather than DoF. My bad!

When you say that the Cleric's base APR is now that of a fighter, does that mean that the cleric gets 3 attacks every 2 rounds at level 7, like a fighter would (and by extension, all the priests from DoF also have 3/2 attacks/round at level 7?)

Also, while I'm thinking about it, if I rolled a generic cleric, no specialty priest, what sort of sphere access do they get?
    edited October 2018
    About the cleric's APR: yes, it progresses as a fighter's would.

But very few kits retains this feature. That happens because I can't give a kit extra APR without altering the base class, but I can reduce a Kit's APR.

Same train of thought serves for weapon specialization and access.

The generic cleric gains the same sphere's that are listed for the class at the Player's Handbook. The generic cleric in DoF gets access to extra APR and weapon specialization for all weapons.

The information about the unusability of the pure class cleric is outdated. In the past it wouldn't get access to any spells, so it was basically a crippled fighter. Now it is some sort of overpowered paladin.

As any multiclass with a Fighter gains the extra APR and weapon specialization the only overpowered feature that you will observe is access to all weapons.

Edit: I'm not at home ATM so if you want to check what spheres you will get just check the PHB or the CLASS_SPHERE.tpa file inside the Lib/Spheres folder.
    Excellent info, Raduziel, thanks once again for the clarification. I can live with clerics getting fighter apr, and I can discipline myself to NOT give them weapon specialization, so that will work out fine.
    Raduziel
    uaintjak said:

Excellent info, Raduziel, thanks once again for the clarification. I can live with clerics getting fighter apr, and I can discipline myself to NOT give them weapon specialization, so that will work out fine.

Let me stress that as a FMC you have access to weapon specialization and the extra APR per PnP rules. The only issue would be the access to weapons that go against a cleric's ethos.
    edited October 2018
    Oh yeah, I meant for making a single-class cleric, not for the f/m/c.

And damn, I just thought of another question. For multi-class characters, on the character sheet it will only display the specialty priest class (so instead of saying fighter/priest of Torm, it will just say priest of Torm). Is that a space limitation? Is there anyway around that?
    edited October 2018
    Not at all. It was a decision I've made to save myself from the trouble of making even more strings in the .tra file.