Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Version 1.6.4 is up and it contains:

1) Better compatibility with @kjeron 's Dual-Class-Into-Kits

2) Fixed a bug where some NPCs were not receiving the correct spheres (now I am one step away from multiclass kits TBH, but I won't take this road yet).

3) Tyr, Tempus, Helm, Lathander, and Talos are now independent kits, what means that any mod that touches the original kits will not affect DoF (like was happening with FnP before @subtledoctor 's fix).

A new bug appeared, but I won't be solving it today:

The multiclass NPCs are receiving some spells twice on the same level. This happened with Quayle and Tiax, but not with Viconia, so I know it is a multiclass issue.

As an example in the same level, Tiax was receiving Remove Curse twice. The only difference between the spells is that one's text stated it as a lv 3 spell, the other as a lv 4.

As soon as I fix it I'll upload v1.6.5 and will return the process of making new kits. This will probably not happen today, as I spent way more time than I should on this mod today. Unless it is an obvious thing that I can't see and an easy solution appears, I'll only be working on it tomorrow or the day after that.

That might not be about spheres, but just the .CRE file. It's possible the dphere system isn't stripping the memorized spells as it should. That code needs a bit of an overhaul...

The "not receive" spells was an error on my end, fixed it.

The problem now is:

1) Tiax is losing his special ability and I know I didn't removed it - he was the only NPC that kept his special ability as it was not a Bioware attempt to reproduce a kit feature, but something special about the character;

2) All the multiclass NPC are receiving double entries for some spells.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

There's already a hotfix for #1 in the FnP thread.

#2 sounds like maybe they're getting the regular version and the focus version, or the regular version and the minor access version, or the FnP version with a new level and the vanilla spell with the old level.

Easy way to check is to inspect the .CRE file in a savegame. Different versions of a spell should all have the same number, just different prefixes. So the various versions of Remove Curse are SPPR307, D5PP307, D5MP307, and D5FP307. They all do the same thing; the latter three simply use opcode 146/148 to cast the first one. The sphere system should only assign one to any given kit, but NPC .CRE files come into the game with a ton of known and memorized spells already. The code to clear them and make way for the sphere system to do its thing might be catching false positives (removing innate abilities) and false negatives (failing to remove SPPR spells that shouldn't be there). That could explain both issues.

So my first thought is, that code needs to be tightened up. You can see it here, from lines 644-724.

(Or it could be something else altogether. Hard to say for sure. :lol: )

@subtledoctor

Your theory seems to be correct:

So it's minor-access spells ("D5MP").

My guess is that it's an unintended consequence of DoF setting the minor_shift variable to 0 in the settings file. I made that variable available but I never tested it, because FnP is designed for it to be 1... the code should only be giving you the D5MP version but obviously the SPPR version is sneaking through.

I'm sure it's fixable, but it will take time to troubleshoot and time is not something I have right now. :( So the quickest way to deal with it is to set that variable to 1 and deal with the level changes for minor access - temporarily, at least.

@subtledoctor

I prefer to maintain the double-entries as they are merely aesthetic. Changing the variable to 1 would impact gameplay.

What puzzles me is that it only happens with Multiclass-Kits, not with standard kits. If the minor_shit is the problem, shouldn't it affect every kind of kit?
    edited March 2018

And when I actually downloaded DoF and glanced at the code, I didn't see any multiclass kits being installed. So what exactly does DoF do to these NPCs? (Yeslick, Tiax, Quayle, Branwen, Aerie)

It creates a kit version on the same file that concedes it to an NPC.

https://github.com/Raduziel/Deities-Of-Faerun/blob/master/DeitiesOfFaerun/Components/Baervan-Aerie.tpa

The link above takes you to Aerie's .tpa

This file creates a CM version of the Fastpaw of Baervan and gives the kit to her.

The new kit has its own name and CLAB (RABaerCM, both).

One line of the code is left blank (~~) on purpose, so it won't appear on Char Generation.

That's how I implemented.

On the Github, you may find several others (Quayle, Glint, Tiax, Yeslick, and Anomen to be precise).

Branwen and Viconia, as single-class clerics, does not receive a multiclass version, I just apply the kit to them.

Oh, I see, you do add proper multiclass kits. OS that's not the issue... hm.

Out of curiosity, what sphere are given to the trueclass cleric with this mod? (You can check d5_spher.2da after installing, look at the row for CLABR01.)

Because it's worth noting, if you didn't know it already, that all multiclass kits get all AP_ and GA effects from clabpr01.2da, in addition to their own .2da tables. Its a quirk of the engine, there's not getting around it apart from converting every such spell into 177 effects to filter out any non-trueclass kits. (This is one big reason why FnP does not allow the trueclass cleric to get spells... the other being the setting's lore - unkitted clerics are not supposed to exist in Faerun.)

Hmm... I think that if you install the "sphere system only" in FnP then it might give spheres to the trueclass cleric, because that component is designed for players who do not want to add new kits to their game. That would explain doubled spells for multiclasses, if your kit gives minor access and the trueclass cleric gets major access, etc.

If that's the issue, then the solution is for players to do a "full install" of FnP, and decide whether/which kits to install by editing the variables in the .ini file.

Ok, the problem is worst than I thought.

The spheres are not being given properly at all. The problem that I thought that were fixed was not.

Cyric's spheres are:

Major Spheres: Death, Deception, Dread, Shadow, Thought.
    Minor Spheres: Destruction, Exploration, Knowledge, Protection.

Baravar's spheres are:

Major Spheres: Deception, Exploration, Healing, Protection, Shadow.
    Minor Spheres: Affliction, Earth, Knowledge, War.

The Spheres that they do have in common are: Deception, Exploration, Knowledge.

But they have almost the same spellbook on level 1, the only differences are that Baravar gains Magic Stone and Cyric doesn't. And they don't get the same duplicated spells.

edited March 2018
    @subtledoctor

What if, in the Core component, I define no spheres for the base class Cleric?

As for the CLAB you asked:
                Life        Death       Benediction Destruction Protection  War         Exploration Knowledge   Deception   Thought     Dread       Vigor       Affliction  Animal      Plant       Earth       Water       Air         Fire        Light       Shadow      Magic       Perdition
    CLABPR01 MAJOR MINOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MINOR MINOR MAJOR X MINOR MAJOR MINOR X X X X X X MINOR MAJOR X MINOR X
    @subtledoctor Let's take this talk to a PM, there's no reason to brainstorm here.
    Version 1.6.5 is up:

- Fixes all the MC issues between DoF and FnP. Now the MC should receive their spells properly (accordingly to the kit's spheres and without double entries).

This fix requires FnP v 0.74.28, provided by @subtledoctor on this thread.

Link for download.

IDK if a fresh game will be needed for this to work, but I do know that you'll need to uninstall both FnP and DoF (in that order) and reinstall both DoF and FnP (in that order).

This fix made the order of installation even more important.

Note: Now the base-class Cleric don't have any spheres related to it. That should cripple multiclasses with clerics unless you add a kit.

To address this issue, I'll stop making new kits and I'll start making multiclass kits. Not every kit will have all MC available (no C/T Watcher of Helm, as an example).

I'm on the hook until Sunday but after that, I'll tackle this. I want to remember that FnP has a MC component that is not forbidden by DoF (but I didn't test the interaction between them).
    edited March 2018

Raduziel said:

Note: Now the base-class Cleric don't have any spheres related to it. That should cripple multiclasses with clerics unless you add a kit.

Note: if players installing FnP after this use the first ("install everything") install option, then upon dualling to an unkitted cleric they will automatically get an ability that allows them to choose a kit that matches their race and alignment.
    As an alternative, players can also use the Dual-Class-Into-Kits mod by @kjeron - DoF is fully compatible with that. This way you don't need the "install everything" option from FnP and can directly dual into the kit you want as long as your original class does not have a kit.

So you can dual a Fighter into a Battleguard of Tempus, but not a Berserker.

This solves the problem for Dual-Class. When I add the MC kits everything will be covered and I'll be back focusing on production instead of fixing/patching/cleaning.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    No, my mod won't allow multi-class kits to be selected when dual-classing, simply because they are not a kit for the available dual-classes, and it's not something I ever considered.
    Raduziel
    Hurts me to think that all this work could be avoided if the proficiency issue was solved.
    edited March 2018
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Raduziel, I ran into an issue that looking at some posts may be related to this mod. I cannot get the Priest to spawn in after Gaal's speech to start the Unseeing Eye quest. I have read some posts that indicate that having a multiple stronghold mod could do this. I have noted that some kits have multiple options to select for strongholds.

Just wanted to see if by chance this mod is the issue?
    edited March 2018

@Raduziel, I ran into an issue that looking at some posts may be related to this mod. I cannot get the Priest to spawn in after Gaal's speech to start the Unseeing Eye quest. I have read some posts that indicate that having a multiple stronghold mod could do this. I have noted that some kits have multiple options to select for strongholds.

Just wanted to see if by chance this mod is the issue?

@Necromanx2

What kit are you using?
    I just confirmed it is this mod. I only have two mods after DoF (FnP and dual-class kits). I uninstalled one mod at a time and once I removed DoF I get the priest to show up.

My PC is a mage. The only priest in my party is Viconia.

I just confirmed it is this mod. I only have two mods after DoF (FnP and dual-class kits). I uninstalled one mod at a time and once I removed DoF I get the priest to show up.

My PC is a mage. The only priest in my party is Viconia.

That's weird. IIRC the only altering I did was in the case of a cleric PC. Probably I removed the wrong priest appearance (one is related to just doing the Unseeing Eye quest, other to the cleric's stronghold).

I'll run through the code again.

Sorry about that and thanks.
    Ok, the strongholds component will need to be entirely altered.

This will take a while. I'm removing it until everything is fixed.
    I installed build 1.6.5 and uninstalled the strongholds component and now the Unseeing Eye works. Thanks for providing the option so I could not install!

I installed build 1.6.5 and uninstalled the strongholds component and now the Unseeing Eye works. Thanks for providing the option so I could not install!

The Strongholds was an optional component since v1.0. In 1.6.5 I just made sure that nobody will install it and get as frustrated as I am right now.

Thanks for being so patient, @Necromanx2 . Half of the things I fixed would not be possible without your reports.
    I am grateful for the mod! I said it before, but it is worth repeating. The modding community is wonderful and you modders really make this game fun after 20 years of play. This is no small feat.

Thank you all for your hard work and great imaginations!
    Mirandel
    I forgot to mention that 1.6.5 did install the strongholds when I selected install all. I needed to uninstall that one component after.