Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Thought I would pipe in.

I just tried a Dreadful Witch in both BGEE and BG2EE (v1.9.6.1). Both worked fine and I was able to select all my spells without issues.

That's good news, thanks.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    After installation, when you start the game, a message appeared:
    ae0b82jib37t.png
    How can I remove this message?
    That looks like a issue with an old game version (v2.3 or earlier).
    @kjeron , yeah, that crossed my mind.

Every bug reported last page (except the choke on Weidu while installing the sphere) is an old bug already solved:

1) the message bug was during the transition 2.3. -> 2.5 when the sphere system was being added.

2) the shaman crash was as soon as I've implemented the tool and IIRC not even on a official release (only on a beta release).

3) this "unknown return value: spell" was a typo I've committed when doing the Fireshield implementation and didn't went to a release (only beta). Happened for the same reason with the Shar-Teel component and also only in a beta.

TL;DR I really need the aforementioned files to understand what the hell is going on.
    Well, Nobanion and Lurue will wait, but I have some shorty love to share: next version will have three shorty deities and probably three (maybe four) shorty NPCs integrated.

Stay tuned!
    Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Nice. Sounds like your getting closer to my favorite, a cleric/thief of Urdlen. :)
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    @Raduziel Thanks so much.
    Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition 2.5.17.0
    Completely removed and reinstalled. Deities of Faerûn 1.9.6.4 - Sphere System is installed. Shaman spells selected - works fine, I select spells without problems.The witch too. The new interface is cool.
    it's mystical :) . I have previously tried installing previous versions DoF on a clean 2.5.17.0 - was this problem.
    Raduziel
    @Snatch_a_kiss So may I assume that everything is fine?

Cool, I was about to sit down and cry.
    Does this mean the sphere system of DoF will not run on BGEE & SoD V2.3?
    edited March 2019
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    Does this mean the sphere system of DoF will not run on BGEE & SoD V2.3?

I wouldn't advise to use it with v2.3 - at least that annoying pop-up message every time you run the game will appear for sure.

The devs worked hard on v2.5, embrace their work. :p

---

Version 1.9.6.4 is up and it contains

Bug fix: Animal Summoning I wasn't working as it should. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Some skeleton warriors from IWDEE were unturnable for no apparent reason. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Fixes a bug where DoF's sphere system would completely nullify a Sorcerer's ability to learn spells through CharGen or Level Up.

Bug fix: Shar-Teel will now have her spellbook accordingly to her spheres.
    Bug fix: Sphere's install process will no longer fail.

Bug fix: Scrolls should not lose their Opcode 147 from the second header (by Kjeron).

Bug fix: F/C and R/C will now receive a -2 penalty to Thac0 when using weapons with no proficiency (instead of -3).
    Bug fix: Fixed a typo in StrongholdAlterings.tpa that was affecting Shiallia's stronghold's option.

New feature: Reflect Image and Mirror Image will now protect the caster from effects that would require a touch to be delivered (like energy drain). Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Stoneskin and Ironskin now prevent poison and disease delivered by direct attacks. Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Integration with Project Infinity.

Spell altering: Emotion Hope, Courage, Fear and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Emotion) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Fireshield Red and Fireshield Blue are all combined into a single spell (Fireshield) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Symbol Fear, Stun, Death, Pain and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Symbol) as PnP rules state.

Consistency: Despite being out of DoF's scope, the wizard spells and scrolls for Emotion, Fireshield and Symbol were altered to follow the changes above. Code by Kjeron.
    Consistency: Ulutiu added to Strongholdaltering.tpa, as it was also released to BG2EE.

Architecture: New scroll files renamed from SCRLXXX to RASCXXX to prevent issues with other mods or game files.

Architecture: New way to check for Tenya's mod (the previous one always returned true).

---

Now I think that everything is covered and I can move on to kit production and version 1.9.7
    ZaghoulGusinda
    edited March 2019
    I realized what my mistake was. I needed to install on clean 2.5, not uninstall the previous version of DoF and install the new version on them. Instead, I additionally installed 2.3 and tried to install the new version as well. And of course I have nothing worked, nor on 2.5 nor on 2.3
    @Zaghoul on 2.3 I have worked with version DoF 1.9.5 and spells selected was fine

@Raduziel Thanks on BGEE is fine, but IWD EE Sphere System installation error
    @Snatch_a_kiss So may I assume that everything is fine?

Cool, I was about to sit down and cry.
    Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition v 2.5.17.0 clean.
    Deities of Faerûn 1.9.6.4 - Sphere System installation error
    rx2t6vfp11e1.png
    ZaghoulRaduziel
    Whelp, looks like I'll need to do a clean install of all 70+ mods on V2.5. It'll be worth it just to get my gnome C/T of Urdlen going in the future though. :)
    Snatch_a_kissGusinda
    @Snatch_a_kiss Ok, got the same error here.

I was modding with Aurora on my lap and she banged the keyboard a little, maybe something passed me by.

I'm checking now.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited March 2019
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    Whelp, looks like I'll need to do a clean install of all 70+ mods on V2.5. It'll be worth it just to get my gnome C/T of Urdlen going in the future though. :)
    If you haven't started already, you can bypass the error by opening UI.Menu in the override folder with a text editor, search for this bit:
    mageBookStrings = {
    	SPWI908 = {tip = 24615, title = 'CHAIN_CONTINGENCY_TITLE', action = "ADD_SPELLS_CONTINGENCY_LABEL"},
    	SPWI617 = {tip = 24615, title = 'CONTINGENCY_TITLE', action = "ADD_SPELLS_CONTINGENCY_LABEL"},
    	SPWI809 = {tip = 24617, title = 'SPELL_TRIGGER_TITLE', action = "ADD_SPELLS_TRIGGER_LABEL"},
    	SPWI710 = {tip = 24616, title = 'SPELL_SEQUENCER_TITLE', action = "ADD_SPELLS_SEQUENCER_LABEL"},
    	SPWI420 = {tip = 24616, title = 'MINOR_SEQUENCER_TITLE', action = "ADD_SPELLS_SEQUENCER_LABEL"},
    }

Copy it from UI.menu, delete it in UI.menu, and paste it at the top of BGEE.lua.

Edit - however, the shaman spell selection will NOT work. v2.3 did not support multi-spell lists, such as Spell Immunity, in sequencers, which the UI spell selection runs on.
    RaduzielZaghoul
    edited March 2019
    Thanks. I spose it's time for an engine upgrade regardless though. I'll be holding out just for my little Urdlen C/T in the meanwhile as it will ruin several runs I have going. Soon as @Raduziel gets his gnome pantheon fully done I'll drop everything right then and upgrade. I'll test the wheels off it then. :)

On another note, when I do, will DoF take into account both Spell Revisions and IWD spells if both mods are added, or should I choose just one of those (been using SRbeta 15 only as of late).
    Wondering if they are compatible with each other and which of the two should be installed first (or if it matters with the order).
    @Zaghoul No issues between IWDification or SR and DoF. You may use them as you please, just install them before DoF and everything should be fine.

@Snatch_a_kiss As expected, it was a typo. A _ was deleted, probably when my daughter was smashing the keyboard with one of DoF's file open. Kjeron helped me pinpoint the error as I was unable to see it even looking for almost an hour to the code.

---

Version 1.9.6.5 is up and it contains:

Bug fix: Animal Summoning I wasn't working as it should. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Some skeleton warriors from IWDEE were unturnable for no apparent reason. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Fixes a bug where DoF's sphere system would completely nullify a Sorcerer's ability to learn spells through CharGen or Level Up.

Bug fix: Shar-Teel will now have her spellbook accordingly to her spheres.
    Bug fix: Sphere's install process will no longer fail.

Bug fix: Scrolls should not lose their Opcode 147 from the second header (by Kjeron).

Bug fix: F/C and R/C will now receive a -2 penalty to Thac0 when using weapons with no proficiency (instead of -3).

Bug fix: Fixed a typo in StrongholdAlterings.tpa that was affecting Shiallia's stronghold's option.

New feature: Reflect Image and Mirror Image will now protect the caster from effects that would require a touch to be delivered (like energy drain). Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Stoneskin and Ironskin now prevent poison and disease delivered by direct attacks. Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Integration with Project Infinity.

Spell altering: Emotion Hope, Courage, Fear and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Emotion) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Fireshield Red and Fireshield Blue are all combined into a single spell (Fireshield) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Symbol Fear, Stun, Death, Pain and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Symbol) as PnP rules state.

Consistency: Despite being out of DoF's scope, the wizard spells and scrolls for Emotion, Fireshield and Symbol were altered to follow the changes above. Code by Kjeron.

Consistency: Ulutiu added to Strongholdaltering.tpa, as it was also released to BG2EE.

Architecture: New scroll files renamed from SCRLXXX to RASCXXX to prevent issues with other mods or game files.

Architecture: New way to check for Tenya's mod (the previous one always returned true).
    ZaghoulGusindaSnatch_a_kiss
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Zaghoul
    Thanks for the heads up on the new version @subtledoctor . :)
    edited March 2019
    @Raduziel Thank you, everything is installed and working fine.
    Raduziel
    edited March 2019
    Version 1.9.7 can be found here as a beta and it contains:

* A fix for Flail of Ages +4 and +5.

* Better behavior for Chaotic Commands (now it protects from every Maze effect, not only the spell Maze).

* Thanks to an insight given by @Bubb now it is no longer necessary to do the workaround to fix the HP obtained by the F/C and R/C version of certain kits.

* New kit: Glyphscriber of Deneir (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Cleric/Mage).

* New kit: Trailblazer of Marthammor Duin (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

* New kit: Hawkeye of Solonor (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Ranger/Cleric).

* New NPC: Korin, the Hawkeye of Solonor (thanks @kulyok for giving me permission)

* New NPC: Turald, the Trailblazer of Marthammor (thanks @Sinaherib for giving me permission)

* Some strings were rearranged to better fit future components' needs.

* A safer way to check for NPCs and kits installed - the goal is to avoid false positives for sure and cover me if the owner of those NPCs mods decides to change the filename of the creature.

Much more will come before the official release, so it will take a while to happen.

Cheers, good bug hunting!
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Zaghoul
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I'm in BG2EE (v1.9.6.5) and my priest of Myrkul has that 6th level Water elemental spell even though he has no access to either sphere. I don't see any other spells doing this (at this point).
    1r4jg6pshhuj.png
    [spoiler/]
    Raduziel
    I'm in BG2EE (v1.9.6.5) and my priest of Myrkul has that 6th level Water elemental spell even though he has no access to either sphere. I don't see any other spells doing this (at this point).
    1r4jg6pshhuj.png
    [spoiler/]

Both @kjeron and I have no idea about how this spell is getting into the spellbook. For a coding PoV it makes no sense at all.

Sorry, but fixing it will take a while. We don't even know what to try and where to start.
    Necromanx2
    For install order of mods. Is there a way that we can get IHU to install before DoF? Since DoF keeps growing, it messes up kits that are installed after it if I have a game going. Since IHU is stable, it would help if it would install before DoF so that as updates come out for DoF I can use them immediately. As is, I have to EEkeeper existing games to fix IHU kits (Jaheria and PC) every time you add something to DoF if I want to try the new things you added.
    For install order of mods. Is there a way that we can get IHU to install before DoF? Since DoF keeps growing, it messes up kits that are installed after it if I have a game going. Since IHU is stable, it would help if it would install before DoF so that as updates come out for DoF I can use them immediately. As is, I have to EEkeeper existing games to fix IHU kits (Jaheria and PC) every time you add something to DoF if I want to try the new things you added.

I'm flattered, but unfortunately, no. What you can do is have a B install and use it to try the new things added to DoF. When you finish your run at your official install, you uninstall all the mods and add DoF's newest version.

That's what I do. I have an ongoing IWD run with DoF 1.9.6.5, IHU 3.0 and Improved Shamanic Dance. Period. Aside from that, I have a clean install that I use to mod and test DoF.
    Necromanx2
    I went and installed the 1.9.7 beta and the extra 6th level water elemental spell is gone.

The new Dwarf kit looks nice!
    Raduziel
    Looks like the end of the final sentence of Marthamor's description is missing (see screenshot).
    8sl08g0djvte.png
    [spoiler/]
    edited March 2019
    Bad copy and paste from the book. Totally passed me by.

I'll fix it, thanks!

Fixed, thanks!
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Does anyone know how DoF plays with SCS, specifically the v32 RCs?

For example the sphere system with the new divine spells included with SCS. If I've read this thread right so far then enemy priests aren't assigned kits so aren't affected? How would the player be affected?
    edited March 2019
    @Hudzy

IDK about any sphere system implemented by SCS, but what DoF does with hostile clerics is give them a "superkit" with full access to every single sphere and spell that DoF implements.

This way they have full access to whatever spell their SCS script tell them to cast.

My original plan was to give every hostile priest a proper kit accordingly to their deity, but I gave up on this exactly due to SCS - probably would conflict.

So the challenge proposed by SCS remains untouched and the player may use the resources of whatever kit they choose.

I hope this clarifies your question.
    Hudzy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RaduzielHudzyZaghoul
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    That's how I hoped it would be, and I agree it makes the most sense.
    Raduziel