Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I've found some (very) old bugs that completely passed me by. I'm focusing on fixing them and adding Opcode 206 to lots of spells to make sure nothing will misbehave or be applied when it shouldn't. When I'm done with it I'll send some files to @Gwendolyne because she is trying to help me with a thing and I shamefully didn't send what she asked for.

Version 1.9.7.2 will be way shorter than the previous two updates, but hard work nonetheless. After that, I'll give a break to uploads while I make/adapt the promised spells - so no new kits on the horizon (unless a thing that @Grammarsalad is trying to do works - in this scenario two new kits will be released).

PS: If you have a kit that you find interesting and it nos embraced by DoF yet, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I've found some (very) old bugs that completely passed me by. I'm focusing on fixing them and adding Opcode 206 to lots of spells to make sure nothing will misbehave or be applied when it shouldn't. When I'm done with it I'll send some files to @Gwendolyne because she is trying to help me with a thing and I shamefully didn't send what she asked for.

Version 1.9.7.2 will be way shorter than the previous two updates, but hard work nonetheless. After that, I'll give a break to uploads while I make/adapt the promised spells - so no new kits on the horizon (unless a thing that @Grammarsalad is trying to do works - in this scenario two new kits will be released).

PS: If you have a kit that you find interesting and it nos embraced by DoF yet, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.

Lol, that's right. The thing.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Cheers.

Thanks again for that. :)

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2019
    @Raduziel Installed official 1.9.7.1 in BGEE and sphere system does not install.

Here is the error.
    ERROR: cannot convert %RA_RCold% or %%RA_RCold%% to an integer
    ERROR: [SPPR210.spl] -> [override/SPPR210F.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Spheres System (by Kjeron)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/2/OTHER.2]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/2/OTHER.2")
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/2/UNSETSTR.2] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 750 files for [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 2.
    [spoiler/]
    edited March 2019
    @Necromanx2 Remember when I told that Github was acting weirdly? I file that I've updated didn't got uploaded, hence the error.

---

Version 1.9.7.2 is up and it contains:

- Bug fix: Conjure Water Elemental now has the correct label at Umberleer's and Valkur's .tpa files.

- Bug fix: Shar-Teel now receives the correct spells.
    - Bug fix: Painbearer of Ilmater now receives +2 CON as it should.

- Bug fix: Darkwalker of Ibrandul's Charisma penalty no longer displays in the character sheet as a magical effect (red).

- Bug fix: Holy Strategist of the Red Knight has its bonus vs. Illusion stated at the kit's description as it should.

- Bug fix: Deathstalker of Bhaal's Bone Dagger now will bypass any protection against death as it should.

- Bug fix: Sphere's install process will no longer fail.

- New kit: Luckmaiden of Haela Brightaxe (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric - only for females).

- New kit: Truesword of Arvoreen (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

- New NPC: Mazzy, the Truesword of Arvoreen.

- Kit altering: Clerics who receive APR as Fighters will NOT receive APR due to Specialization anymore (only +0.5 at levels 7 and 13).

- Kit altering: Clerics who may allocate more than one slot in a proficiency will not be able to do so at level 1 (as any other cleric).

- Kit altering: Horn Guard of Yondalla now multiclasses to Ranger/Cleric instead of Fighter/Cleric.

- Kit altering: Bloodstalker of Urdlen now receives the Claws of Urdlen.

- Kit altering: Iceguardian of Ulutiu now correctly has immunity to both cold and magical cold damage.

- Kit altering: Icevassal of Auril now has 50% resistance to both cold and magical cold damage to fit IE's mechanics.

- Spell altering: Cure/Cause Light/Moderate/Medium/Serious/Critical Wounds were altered to fit their PnP description.

- Spell altering: Food created by Heroes' Feast now will disappear if not consumed within one hour and heals 1d4+4 HP.

- Spell altering: PnP Free Action (thanks for the help, @kjeron ).

- Spell altering: PnP Slay Living.

- Spell altering: Resist Fire/Cold is split into two different effects (Resist Fire - Resist Cold) as PnP rules state.

- Architecture: DoF is no longer compatible with Spells Revision.
    - Architecture: Kits' spells that apply features now have Opcode 206 to prevent unwanted stacking.

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters CLSWPBON.2da.

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters PROFSMAX.2da.
    - Architecture: QDMulticlass function updated to 0.6 (thanks for the file, @subtledoctor ).

- Architecture: SEQUENCER_MENU function updated to 0.56 (thanks for the file, Kjeron).

---

Obviously, due to an error that prevents the mod from being installed, I had to push 1.9.7.2 ASAP. All the plans for this version will be applied to 1.9.7.3
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    edited March 2019
    @Raduziel I installed 1.9.7.2 (it still says 1.9.7.1) and now no cure spells work on existing games in BG2EE.
    I started a new game in BG2EE with the same effect. No cure spells actual restore HPs.

I get the below message when casting cures.
    EDIT: Potions work fine.
    nkhqfqhypl7k.png
    [spoiler/]
    edited March 2019
    @Necromanx2

Who was the target of your spell? Jaheira?

Found my error. I've inverted p1 and p2 for opcode 324

Fixing right now.
    edited March 2019
    Korgan in one game and Jaheria in another and Imoen in the new game.

EDIT: For the screenshot it was Jaheira.
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Korgan in one game and Jaheria in another and Imoen in the new game.

EDIT: For the screenshot it was Jaheira.

Yes, this is on my side. I've mixed parameters1 and 2 for Opcode 324 (the one that blocks the spell for certain critters).

I've already fixed it, but I'm working on another little thing before pushing 1.9.7.3
    A small thing I know, but I just noticed that with a scroll of fireshield (new version that is combined) it gives the whole description (in tiny, tiny letters) in the store front instead of just 'Fireshield'. The click on description is fine though. At least the one in Ulgoth's Beard does that anyway.

Is this on DoF's end do you think?
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    A small thing I know, but I just noticed that with a scroll of fireshield (new version that is combined) it gives the whole description (in tiny, tiny letters) in the store front instead of just 'Fireshield'. The click on description is fine though. At least the one in Ulgoth's Beard does that anyway.

Yup, and it is already fixed in version 1.9.7.2

I believe you're using 1.9.7.1 yet.

I'll upload 1.9.7.3 in about 30 minutes. I'm finishing dinner. Version 1.9.7.2 has a bug so don't download that.

Yup, and it is already fixed in version 1.9.7.2

I believe you're using 1.9.7.1 yet.

I'll upload 1.9.7.3 in about 30 minutes. I'm finishing dinner. Version 1.9.7.2 has a bug so don't download that.
    Ok, I've decided to make a last minute change that will postpone things a little.

Stay tuned.
    Version 1.9.7.3 is up and it contains:

- Bug fix: Conjure Water Elemental now has the correct label at Umberleer's and Valkur's .tpa files.

- Bug fix: Shar-Teel now receives the correct spells.

- Bug fix: Painbearer of Ilmater now receives +2 CON as it should.

- Bug fix: Darkwalker of Ibrandul's Charisma penalty no longer displays in the character sheet as a magical effect (red).

- Bug fix: Holy Strategist of the Red Knight has its bonus vs. Illusion stated at the kit's description as it should.

- Bug fix: Deathstalker of Bhaal's Bone Dagger now will bypass any protection against death as it should.

- Bug fix: Sphere's install process will no longer fail.
    - Bug fix: PnP Healing spells will not fail when cast over a valid target.

- New kit: Luckmaiden of Haela Brightaxe (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric - only for females).

- New kit: Truesword of Arvoreen (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

- New NPC: Mazzy, the Truesword of Arvoreen.

- Kit altering: Clerics who receive APR as Fighters will NOT receive APR due to Specialization anymore (only +0.5 at levels 7 and 13).

- Kit altering: Clerics who may allocate more than one slot in a proficiency will not be able to do so at level 1 (as any other cleric).

- Kit altering: Horn Guard of Yondalla now multiclasses to Ranger/Cleric instead of Fighter/Cleric.

- Kit altering: Bloodstalker of Urdlen now receives the Claws of Urdlen.

- Kit altering: Iceguardian of Ulutiu now correctly has immunity to both cold and magical cold damage.

- Kit altering: Icevassal of Auril now has 50% resistance to both cold and magical cold damage to fit IE's mechanics.

- Spell altering: Cure/Cause Light/Moderate/Medium/Serious/Critical Wounds were altered to fit their PnP description.

- Spell altering: Food created by Heroes' Feast now will disappear if not consumed within one hour and heals 1d4+4 HP.

- Spell altering: PnP Free Action (thanks for the help, Kjeron).

- Spell altering: PnP Slay Living.

- Spell altering: Resist Fire/Cold is split into two different effects (Resist Fire - Resist Cold) as PnP rules state.
    - Spell altering: Improved behavior for Darkness.

- New Spell: Light.

- Architecture: DoF is no longer compatible with Spells Revision.

- Architecture: Kits' spells that apply features now have Opcode 206 to prevent unwanted stacking.

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters CLSWPBON.2da.

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters PROFSMAX.2da.

- Architecture: QDMulticlass function updated to 0.6 (thanks for the file, Subtledoctor).

- Architecture: SEQUENCER_MENU function updated to 0.56 (thanks for the file, Kjeron).

---

@Zaghoul @Necromanx2 sorry for the delay.
    edited March 2019
    Good news: I won't touch DoF for a while. The next month (or couple of months) will be dedicated to two other projects:

Another kitpack reuniting and revamping my old kits (Mercenary, Charlatan, Militia Officer) and adding new ones (Knight, Scout, Infiltrator) - my revision of the Wizard Slayer as well as a revision of the Archer will also be included.

A NPC exclusively for SoD.

Cheers and enjoy the ride.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    A NPC exclusively for SoD.

Ooooh very nice!

I've identified some minor issues (a bad description, a lame visual effect, the wrong entry for the spellbook icon and affecting some critter that shouldn't) in the Light spell.

Everything but the new visual effect is fixed/improved. The new visual files itself is underway. As this is not a game-breaking issue, just an inconvenience, I'll hold the next update (with the fix) because I'm waiting for some other mod release to add a new component - and maybe two kits ( @Grammarsalad is helping me with a thing).

In the meantime with wonderful guidance from @LavaDelVortel I've started to work on the NPC mod.

Cheers.
    That was a nice touch with the claws of Urdlen. Looks great all around, the icon, the drawing, and the description. Little things like that help give DoF a class A+ rating as far as I'm concerned. :)

As far as icon's go, all the special ability's of the different kits have great icons from what I have seen so far in all of your works. The sphere system worked flawlessly on the shaman as well. I'm learning that with the sphere system, playing a cleric or shaman is more than just that, as they have some great carryover spells from the arcane as well. That really adds to the flavor of playing a divine class.

Now as far as NPC's and SoD goes, well, a certain gray dwarf would be awesome if ever done. ;)
    edited April 2019
    @Zaghoul Thanks! It's really good to see a post here that is not a bug report lol

As for the NPC, it will not be a gray dwarf, but a shield dwarf. My assumption was wrong, but trust me, I'll try to make it great nonetheless.
    I believe I have found a small incompatibility with the ATweaks mod and DoF. If the option of adding additional racial traits for gnomes is added the Bloodstalker Kit for gnomes does not apply correctly. It will show up as C/T on the page and he is not limited in alignment.

My solution was to just forget using that part of ATweaks but thought it was worth mentioning for others.
    I believe I have found a small incompatibility with the ATweaks mod and DoF. If the option of adding additional racial traits for gnomes is added the Bloodstalker Kit for gnomes does not apply correctly. It will show up as C/T on the page and he is not limited in alignment.

My solution was to just forget using that part of ATweaks but thought it was worth mentioning for others.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
  • legowarriorlegowarrior Member Posts: 4
    I noticed that Halflings have access to Cleric/Mage Priest classes. Is that intended?
    edited April 2019
    I noticed that Halflings have access to Cleric/Mage Priest classes. Is that intended?

@legowarrior

Yes. DoF lifts all racial restriction towards clerics as several kits don't respect what the basic rules state.

As DoF is based on Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons, Demihuman Deities and Monster Mythology I'm using those books' rules over the ones we may find at the Player's Handbook.

When I reach the Ranger/Druid part of DoF (Phase II) the alignment restrictions will also be lift and imposed deity by deity.
    edited April 2019

Ok, I had the time to look at it.

So far, there is no reason for both components to conflict - ditto for the one related to dwarves.

This aTweak component basically 1) patches the enemies so they get penalties when attacking either a dwarf or a gnome and 2) applies a spell to the gnome/dwarf that gives a Thac0 bonus against some creatures.

Neither of them can be causing a misbehave because the former doesn't touch dwarf/gnomes and the latter only affects those after CharGen (it even requires the AI to be turned on for a few seconds so the bonus kicks in).

I just finished a part of my NPC-mod that will be partially used by DoF but my hands remain full ATM. I'll see if I can push a DoF (minor) update this Saturday fixing some things I've noticed, some things reported and adding a new spell. In the meantime, I'll try to reproduce this issue to tackle it.

Edit:

I also looked into the expanded shorty saves components, and it can't be an issue either. All these components do is patching two .2da files, neither of them related to the issue reported.
    Huh. Strange that is. For some reason it didn't affect dwarves, just the gnome Bloodstalker. I thought of that other component as well, so not sure which did it. Being that I use SCS as well and that takes 12 hrs or so to install it might be that, as it seems to practically change every single creature and character in the game it looks like for General AI improvements.

Anywho, no biggie, so I just left those components out and it worked fine. Thanks for checking. :)
    Yup, I understand about the NPC taking up time.

Are you still planning to include him in DoF or have you thought of separating him out of the mod (unless he has a special kit of course)?
    This NPC is not DoF-related, he isn't even a divine caster. Quite the opposite. It will be a whole different mod.

But the NPC has a special ability that will be added to DoF as a new spell. Other than that, no relation.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    Great mod, love Urdlen's concept, going to run a gnomish thief/cleric with it and a question: do you have plans to add other demihuman deities, above all the patriarchs, like Garl, Moradin and Corellon? Great work again!
    LupusSolus wrote: »
    Great mod, love Urdlen's concept, going to run a gnomish thief/cleric with it and a question: do you have plans to add other demihuman deities, above all the patriarchs, like Garl, Moradin and Corellon? Great work again!

All of them.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    LupusSolus wrote: »

All of them.

Really looking forward to it...especially Garl. I am a big gnome fan.
  • legowarriorlegowarrior Member Posts: 4

@legowarrior

Yes. DoF lifts all racial restriction towards clerics as several kits don't respect what the basic rules state.

As DoF is based on Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons, Demihuman Deities and Monster Mythology I'm using those books' rules over the ones we may find at the Player's Handbook.

When I reach the Ranger/Druid part of DoF (Phase II) the alignment restrictions will also be lift and imposed deity by deity.

I understand, I was just looking at pages 184-186 on the Demihuman deities, although I do realize that several of the demihuman deities have more exceptions (sure has Brnadobaris allowing specialty priest/Thief combination or Mielikki allowing Druid/Rangers)

What is with the Horn Guard though? I thought they weren't allowed to multiclass at all. Or that just again a limitation of the engine in its current form?