Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited April 2019
    @legowarrior

Not an engine limitation, just a poetic license I gave myself.

Almost all of the BioWare Demihuman NPCs have illegal multiclasses accordingly to their deities but BioWare went ahead and gave herself the right to build them that way.

To keep consistency with this arbitrary decision of the original developers, I decided to extend this liberty to the player. A decision I struggled a lot to make I must add.

The fact that DoF's original intent was to just give a proper kit to every cleric NPC weighted a lot for this conclusion.

So that's one of the few deviations that DoF has when compared to PnP - and one of the few not related to engine issues.
  • legowarriorlegowarrior Member Posts: 4
    I could only find one illegal combination in Baldur's Gate for multiclass clerics, and that's Quayle, who, as a follower of Baravar Cloakshadow, should be Chaotic Good instead of Chaotic Neutral (Baravar allows cleric to be CG, NG or N, his specialty priests must be NG (but can't multiclass into illusionists, unlike regular clerics)).

People often site Aerie, for being an elf and worshiping Baervan Wildwander and being the Cleric/Cleric combination (which isn't allowed for most elves) but people forget that she is an Avariel Elf (despite the lack of wings), making the cleric/mage a legitimate combination. That she worship a deity of her adopted father doesn't seem too far out of line. And since he does allow for Cleric/Illusionist followers, I don't think it's too odd that she is a cleric/mage. She at least, has the right alignment, unlike Quayle!

Tiax is a legal combination, being a Gnome Cleric/Thief. Although rare, I don't see why Cyric would care if a Gnome follower, considering he has the portfolio of murder, lies, and deception. And chaotic Evil is the correct alignment.

Yeslick Orothia is perfectly fine as a Fighter/Cleric, or as a Specialty Priest of Clangeddin Silverbeard. Both are allowed legally.

Glint Gardnersonson (who I have no experience with) seems fine, again, since cleric/thief are a legal combination.

Anyway, this isn't my work, and your mod gives me the freedom to design my characters closer to what I believe is PnP (although this is just my own interpretation of the rules) so I guess I'm okay with the poetic license (as long as I can still make a regular old cleric). I just don't see Bioware making that many arbitrary decisions (except Quayle, how I hate with a passion).

@legowarrior

You're talking about cleric requirements, I'm talking about special priest requirements as those are the "kits" added by DoF.

Alaghar of Clangeddin: may multiclass (page 61, DHD) - Yeslick

Fastpaw of Baervan: not allowed to multiclass (page 169, DHD) - Aerie

Hoodwinker of Baravar: not allowed to multiclass (page 173, DHD) - Quayle, Glint

Strifeleader of Cyric: doesn't say anything about multiclass (pages 51-54, F&A) - Tiax
    AndreaColombo
  • legowarriorlegowarrior Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2019
    Why not just leave them as regular clerics then? Outside of Yeslick, none of them even have the minimum requirements to even become specialty priests, let alone the alignment requirements. Especially not Quayle. Just leave them as Cleric/Illusionist, Cleric/Thief and Cleric/Mage without any 'kits'.

It's the main reason I didn't install the NPC changes. I prefer a more hands-on approach that Level 1 NPC gives me.
    edited April 2019
    Why not just leave them as regular clerics then?
    Raduziel wrote: »
    The fact that DoF's original intent was to just give a proper kit to every cleric NPC weighted a lot for this conclusion.

• LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    For some reason the Darkstalker of Ibrandul is not showing up? is this a known issue?
    edited April 2019
    LupusSolus wrote: »
    For some reason the Darkstalker of Ibrandul is not showing up? is this a known issue?

@LupusSolus

That depends.

1) It is a kit exclusive to IWDEE

2) It has alignment and race restrictions (CN - Human, Half-Elf, Dwarf and Gnome).

Are you positive that you met all the requirements in the right game?
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Ah, I was playing BG2 EE...makes sense. I missed that one. Shar had slain Ibrandul so it makes sense that he does not appear in BG2 EE post time of troubles. What are the next deities planned if I may ask?
    Ah, I was playing BG2 EE...makes sense. I missed that one. Shar had slain Ibrandul so it makes sense that he does not appear in BG2 EE post time of troubles. What are the next deities planned if I may ask?

Exactly. DoF respects Faerûn's timeline (except for Bane/Yachtu situation as the window between Bane's resurrection and BG's (or BG2's) beginning is less than a year IIRC, so I made him available for every game.

As for the next deities, I have no idea to be honest. I'm working on another mod ATM, after that I'll add a few spells to DoF, make a new release, and just then I'll produce new kits. But probably I'll be aiming at the orc pantheon.
    LupusSolus

Exactly. DoF respects Faerûn's timeline (except for Bane/Yachtu situation as the window between Bane's resurrection and BG's (or BG2's) beginning is less than a year IIRC, so I made him available for every game.

As for the next deities, I have no idea to be honest. I'm working on another mod ATM, after that I'll add a few spells to DoF, make a new release, and just then I'll produce new kits. But probably I'll be aiming at the orc pantheon.

Any love given to Yurtrus then would be appreciated! ;) I am kind of obsessed with cleric kits that have access to the Vermin sphere; sadly none of the good aligned ones do; maybe Segojan Earthcaller?
    Zaghoul
    Probably. I define the spheres when I'm researching the kit trying to combine three things in this priority:

Deities ethos -> Deities story/description -> PnP spheres.

It means I can't foresee what's the next kit that will gain Vermin access.
    Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    A bit of a bug report. None of @ulb 's several shaman kits are able to learn spells under the sphere system. The special ability does not show up. The base shaman, the Dreadful Witch, and the Witchlight shaman all work as intended with the sphere learning system. They are all installed in the same location so not sure what the problem is.
    Raduziel
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    A bit of a bug report. None of @ulb 's several shaman kits are able to learn spells under the sphere system. The special ability does not show up. The base shaman, the Dreadful Witch, and the Witchlight shaman all work as intended with the sphere learning system. They are all installed in the same location so not sure what the problem is.

I think I know what it is, I just need to check one thing with @Ulb
    Zaghoul
    Minor bug report; the priestly version of the Identify spell does not work at all and I have tried it on multiple priests with access to the Divination sphere.
    Minor bug report; the priestly version of the Identify spell does not work at all and I have tried it on multiple priests with access to the Divination sphere.

@LupusSolus

The priest version of Identify does not work as the wizard version - it grants a temporary Lore boost that assures that any item will be identified.

Check the spell's description, please, and let me know if indeed it is not behaving as intended.

@LupusSolus

The priest version of Identify does not work as the wizard version - it grants a temporary Lore boost that assures that any item will be identified.

Check the spell's description, please, and let me know if indeed it is not behaving as intended.

My apologies, double-checked and working as intended; any plans or thoughts on implementing Moander?

@LupusSolus

My apologies, double-checked and working as intended; any plans or thoughts on implementing Moander?

No problems.

Moander is a deity that was killed even before the events of IWD, so unless I find a reliable canon source saying otherwise he is out of DoF's plans.
    I did find this:

While Moander the Darkbringer was decisively destroyed and replaced by Finder Wyvernspur during the ToT, a few official canon sources have indicated that the Jawed God is still hanging on by a thread in a severely reduced form while he floats adrift on the Astral Plane. References include:

*** 1. Volo's Guide to the Dalelands [2E] - At least a portion of Moander's power and sentience is still imprisoned in Darkwatch.

2. Powers of Faerun [3E - P. 117] - There is a flickering sentience of the 'dead' god" which has awakened. To be fully restored requires this spark to be fed more power (the likes of another avatar or a couple Chosen, etc).

3. Lost Empires of Faerun [3E P. 9] - The Servant of the Fallen feat mentions Moander as a possible patron deity. Okay, this may be a stretch, but it kinda implies that there's a glimmer of sentience left in the Darkbringer.

... and as of 3E, Lolth was reported to still be granting spells to the few remaining members of the Rotting God's clergy.

Heh. Maybe he just needs a few worshipers to move things along a bit, like from a Bhaalspawn. B)

@Zaghoul Interesting.

I'm not considering 3E material, as things change at every edition (lorewise, not only mechanics - like the Spellplague and things like that).

About the Volo's reference, it is also mentioned in F&A, IIRC. Moander was defeated in the past (events before IWD even!) and utterly destroyed during the ToT.

Well, maybe I end up adding it in IWD, but I'm not sure. DoF already has a huge backlog - I don't think the lack of this specific deity would somehow diminish the mod.
    Zaghoul
    Those sound like a good enough reasons to me. :) I never played past the 1st & 2nd editions anyway. Things started getting a bit crazy after that in my opinion. Seems like there are big deity changes for each and every new D&D edition that comes along. I like how your sticking to 2nd edition (and PnP) to keep everything on target, lore wise.
    Zaghoul wrote: »

Public Feedback on this one:

1) Ulb's Shaman Kits, as well as the Dreadful Witch and the Witchlight Shaman, requires a file that was introduced in from a certain version of these kits onward. Without these files, this issue will happen. Here are the versions:

@AionZ Artisan's Kitpack, which includes the Hivemaster (druid kit) and the Warhorn Shaman: v1.4 (not updated yet AFAIK) --- the standalone Hivemaster (the version with Pai'Na) is currently not supported, but I'll try to get in touch with AionZ to solve this.

@Ulb 1.3 for the Dreamwalker; 0.4 for the Spirit Hunter; 1.4 for the Spiritwalker; 1.2 for the Stormcaller; 3.0 for the Bear Walker (ranger kit) --- all those versions can be found at his Github page

@LavaDelVortel 1.5 for the Will of the Wisp --- this masterpiece can be found here.

@Raduziel 3.0 for I Hate Undead Kitpack which contains the Dreadful Witch --- the current version is 3.1 but an update is right around the corner. You may download it here.

---

I also uploaded a fix for KIT_SPHERES.tpa because dumb me forgot that the code is case-sensitive what was making the Bear Walker get the standard spheres instead of the kit's ones.

And also the Readme is updated to fix a piece of information: those kits need to be installed after DoF and not before it as the Readme was stating. This will also be the case for any other kit that in the future decides to use DoF's Sphere System.

That's it.
    ZaghoulNecromanx2
    Version 1.9.7.4 is available in beta status and can be downloaded here.

Its official release will take a while to happen though.
    ZaghoulNecromanx2Gusinda

What changes does this version entail?

What changes does this version entail?

Everything listed for 1.9.7.3 plus

- Spell altering: Spell Immunity no longer allows different versions to stack.

- Spell altering: Better behavior for Light

And some under the hood changes.

Pretty much that, as I'm working on another mod ATM. The final release for 1.9.7.4 probably will have a new kit, a new spell and maybe a new NPC covered. I make no promises as my time is diminished, though.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    edited April 2019
    When I try to install SCS31 after Spheres component I have a ...problematic adventure with installation time. Is it safe to install Spheres after SCS?
    InKal wrote: »
    When I try to install SCS31 after Spheres component I have a ...problematic adventure with installation time. Is it safe to install Spheres after SCS?

AFAIK, SCS31 is a problematic adventure with installation time with or without DoF.

I never tested installing the Sphere Component after SCS, but I wouldn't do it.

Have you tried SCS32?
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    I gave up for now, not installed Spheres in BG:EE - I'm just playing the damn game at last!

Giving kits to NPC is great, they are awesome, especially Tiax and Shar-Teel (she is amazing!)
    Raduziel
    edited April 2019
    InKal wrote: »
    I'm just playing the damn game at last!

I know the feeling.
    For future references, info about all my mods (bug fixing, new releases) may be also found on my Twitter: /raduziel

Thanks.
    I know you probably have answered this but were Mielikki and Milil ever considered as deities?