Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2019
    Hello!

I'm making a survey to get better feedback about DoF and to know how to better suit your needs. Can you guys please fill a form for me? Will take 10 minutes tops (it's 9 questions only).

Thanks in advance!
    Woodwife of Shiallia is available on GitHub as a beta. She will be officially released with Ulutiu (heavily overhauled for balance), Lurue and Nobanion, but those will take a while as they are a little complicated to translate to IE. Only females can join Shiallia's clergy. If you make a male Woodwife all cleric-related powers (TU, spellcasting and special abilities) will be blocked/removed and you'll never receive a holy symbol.

I want to thank everyone who is answering the survey (nine people so far, but only six of those actually play the mod), it will help me a lot.

I'll leave it open until Feb, 15th. To finish this phase I'll need the answers to know what to do with deities like Silvanus and Chauntea.

Thanks!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2019
    Raduziel, love your work!  Thanks for your efforts!
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Raduziel said:
    Woodwife of Shiallia is available on GitHub as a beta. She will be officially released with Ulutiu (heavily overhauled for balance), Lurue and Nobanion, but those will take a while as they are a little complicated to translate to IE. Only females can join Shiallia's clergy. If you make a male Woodwife all cleric-related powers (TU, spellcasting and special abilities) will be blocked/removed and you'll never receive a holy symbol.

I want to thank everyone who is answering the survey (nine people so far, but only six of those actually play the mod), it will help me a lot.

I'll leave it open until Feb, 15th. To finish this phase I'll need the answers to know what to do with deities like Silvanus and Chauntea.

Thanks!
    For Silvanus it would probably just be a druid kit yea? For Chauntea you could likely have a druid and a cleric (True Shapers for druid, Pastorals for Cleric). Did you mean specifically for special abilities? 

Silvanus was all about balance in nature, so perhaps some specials that have to do with neutralizing buffs on both sides of the battlefield? You could also have a summon dryad ability.

For Chauntea, the druid variant could focus more on calling beings, such as treants, while the cleric could focus more on support abilities (I guess because the clerics worked with farmers and such?)

Maybe not GREAT ideas, but hopefully they help you get some ideas flowing.
    edited February 2019
    @Dawglicious

The problem is: Silvanus, Chauntea, Mielikki, Gwaeron Windstrom and some others don't have a cleric kit at all. Their clergy is fully made of druids or rangers. They may have worshippers and orders who have cleric, I need to double-check that, but not a proper kit as all the others.

That is one of the questions in the survey: how do I deal with this scenario? 100% so far said to not make a cleric kit, only their respective druid and/or ranger kits.

But thanks for sharing anyway :)

---

I'll work on Ulutiu tonight and try to put it on beta status with Shiallia. I'm also adding a hotfix for a bug with the Icestorm spell identified here by @Ligg

Cheers.
    @Raduziel I played a bit with Shiallia in BGEE using EEKeeper. She gets all her special abilities and spell selection looks correct through 7th spells. Seems fine without deep diving at least.
    Next update of DoF will have a new feature:

Spheres for kits that are not from DoF!

For this component we'll have:

- Circle Enforcer (I Hate Undead Kitpack)

- Dreadful Witch (I Hate Undead Kitpack)

And (probably) much more...

Stay tuned. Every added kit will be displayed with its sphere in the Readme and in the first page of this thread and also announced at the update's post.

Cheers!
    @Raduziel is the beta with Ulutiu and the hot fix up?
    @Raduziel is the beta with Ulutiu and the hot fix up?
    I'm working on Ulutiu ATM, probably will be ready to beta by tomorrow. He's being tricky.

Shar/Ibrandul/Mask Darkness' hotfix is up already as a beta. Ignore the Ulutiu component and everything will be fine.

Version 1.9.4 will have Shiallia, Ulutiu, the hotfix and the spheres for non-DoF kits.

Nobanion and Lurue will have to wait for 1.9.5
    Thanks Raduziel! I was referring to the Ice Storm hotfix.
    Thanks Raduziel! I was referring to the Ice Storm hotfix.
    Yup, it will be packed too. Just keep in mind that it only affects BG(2)EE - in IWDEE the spell works like its description.

Ulutiu is 95% done (for alpha testing, I mean). My baby is having a rough night, so I'll need to stop now. Tomorrow I'll try to finish it, alpha test and release the beta. No bug reports appearing until the day after tomorrow, I'll officially release version 1.9.4
    edited February 2019
    Version 1.9.4 is up as a beta. Can be found here.

* Iceguardian of Ulutiu (Cleric and Ranger/Cleric - IWDEE, BGEE and BG2EE)

* Woodwife of Shiallia  (Cleric and Ranger/Cleric - IWDEE, BGEE and BG2EE - only for females)

* A definitive fix for Shar's/Ibrandul's/Mask's Darkness spell (up since 1.9.3.2)

* Correct .tp2 file allowing the Pacifist of Eldath to be installed (up since 1.9.3.1)

* A hotfix for a bug with Ice Storm (BGEE and BG2EE only - credits to @Ligg for identifying it)

* A general correction: now kits will only be able to Turn Undead if this feature is allowed to them in PnP.

* Cleaner conversion for some spells (resulting in a slightly faster install for some kits).

* A better coding for @LavaDelVortel 's Yvette, allowing it to receive the Heartwarder of Sune kit as a Dual-Class Cleric/Thief or as a Pure-Class Cleric.

* Spheres for non-DoF kits:

- By @Ulb

Dreamwalker, Bearwalker, Spirit Hunter, Spiritwalker, Stormcaller

- By @AionZ

Hivemaster, Warhorn Shaman

- By @Raduziel

Circle Enforcer, Dreadful Witch, Spirit Redeemer

- By @LavaDelVortel

Whitchlight Shaman

Check the Readme (section f3) to get the list of the spheres for those kits.

More of those are about to come and probably will be on this version's final release (I'm getting in touch with other modders).
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    @Raduziel tried the new release in BGEE using EEKeeper. Ulutiu gets all his abilities, but the Bear form crashes the game when I try to use it. The Bear Claws work fine.

@Raduziel tried the new release in BGEE using EEKeeper. Ulutiu gets all his abilities, but the Bear form crashes the game when I try to use it. The Bear Claws work fine.

As I stated above, Ulutiu is IWDEE only. It uses resources that are not present in BG(2)EE, that's why you're having crashes.
    Ah.  I make all kits available in all games by editing the tp2 file.  So this one will need to be an exception. Bummer as I like this kit and I don't have IWDEE.

Ah.  I make all kits available in all games by editing the tp2 file.  So this one will need to be an exception. Bummer as I like this kit and I don't have IWDEE.

Hold that thought.
    edited February 2019
    Where can one find all of Ulb's mods? I've been able to find a few of them, but it seems like a couple are here, a couple are on SHS, and a couple I just can't find at all haha

Also I was curious, since before you responded to a question I had in regards to changing up the weapon proficiency system and how DoF uses it's own system, therefore anything changing that system wouldn't work together. Have you considered doing your own as an optional part of the mod? I am asking because I REALLY like being able to run the IWD proficiencies that aTweaks provides, but this mod is too cool to not use just because of that :)
    Post edited by Dawglicious on
    Where can one find all of Ulb's mods? I've been able to find a few of them, but it seems like a couple are here, a couple are on SHS, and a couple I just can't find at all haha
    @Ulb has all his work at his GitHub page AFAIK.

---

@Necromanx2 Download again, reinstall and everything should be working now.

There's not a chronological reason to restrict Ulutiu to IWDEE, I've done so because followers of Ulutiu rarely step away from the Great Glacier.

Anyway, now it is available for BG(2)EE too.

edited February 2019
    Raduziel said:
    @Ulb has all his work at his GitHub page AFAIK.

@Raduziel Thank you! You may have missed my edit since I made it right before you posted this, so I just wanted to point it out. Also, I had never seen a few of these kit mods by Ulb until now, so thank you for introducing them to me through your mod!

edited February 2019
    Well, everything that was up to me is already done. I'm waiting for some replies to release version 1.9.4

People have their own responsibilities and priorities (and DoF ain't and shouldn't be one of them), so I won't establish a deadline for this.

Probably version 1.9.5 won't have any new kits. I'll try to implement @kjeron 's new miracle, the spell selection UI. That will make easier and quicker for Shamans to pick their spells - way more dynamic than clicking one thousand times on the "Add Spell" special ability.

It might take a while as I'm quite dumb when it comes to UI modding. Slow as a kid who discovers that Uncle Larry is actually mommy's lover and that's why daddy is secretly using her underpants and cutting himself while cries "WHY, SHIRLEY, WHY???".

If you guys need something I'll be in my office.
    Ok, I'm back with I'm afraid are some bad news.

Apparently, I messed up with one aspect of the kits: Turn Undead.

Is not every kit that has the ability to do and I allowed every single kit to do it.

This should hurt some kits.

As an example: Garagos, Red Knight, Shiallia and Ulutiu shouldn't be able to TU.

I'll try to solve this in v1.9.4 but it'll probably have to wait until 1.9.5 as it is some heavy work (I need to review 42 kits) and I'll try something special for this matter in the meantime.

Cheers?
    Oh bummer!  I love TU.  Will they be given more abilities? I know you said you held back on some for balance reasons.
    edited February 2019
    Oh bummer!  I love TU.  Will they be given more abilities? I know you said you held back on some for balance reasons.
    I'll see what I can do, but probably no. So far the only kit that I held back and loses TU is Ulutiu, but I don't think that TU compensates freely gaining +2 to Wisdom at CharGen.

In another hand, Ulutiu loses access to a lot of gear (everything that generates fire is forbidden) and has a poor selection per se (studded, no shield, few weapons).

I need to think about it. 

Ulutiu is receiving its +2 Wisdom as it should. 17 kits in total lost their TU ability and I think it is for the best: many of those kits were a little overpowered IMO. Now they are fairer.

I've already made the updates, it is on GitHub and the first page of this thread was also updated. This will be packed with v1.9.4

Cheers.
    @Raduziel is the update in the official release link on page 1 or the beta link?
    edited February 2019
    @Raduziel is the update in the official release link on page 1 or the beta link?

Beta. The official release link is at 1.9.3.2 ATM. I'm waiting for some little things to release 1.9.4 - I did some heavy test and revision and found nothing wrong. I even found some non-optimal or non-standardized things that I'm changing now.

When 1.9.4 is ready I'll make an official announcement here so you, Dawglicious, my mom e the other two people that play this mod will know about it.

Fun fact: so far, my survey has 13 answers. Only eight of them are from people who play ou used to play this mod. And I'm pretty sure that six of those eight are fake accounts made by my mom. 

edited February 2019
    I'm not your mom in disguise (as far as you know). B)
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Well, I am one of those that actually play your mod. To be specific I do not play any bg variant without it. You are doing an awesome job pleasuring us with a cool mod.
    edited February 2019
    Version 1.9.4 is up and it contains:

* Iceguardian of Ulutiu (Cleric and Ranger/Cleric - IWDEE, BGEE and BG2EE)

* Woodwife of Shiallia  (Cleric and Ranger/Cleric - IWDEE, BGEE and BG2EE - only for females)

* A definitive fix for Shar's/Ibrandul's/Mask's Darkness spell (up since 1.9.3.2)

* Correct .tp2 file allowing the Pacifist of Eldath to be installed (up since 1.9.3.1)

* A hotfix for a bug with Ice Storm (BGEE and BG2EE only - credits to @Ligg for identifying it)

* A general correction: now kits will only be able to Turn Undead if this feature is allowed to them in PnP.

* Cleaner conversion for some spells (resulting in a slightly faster install for some kits).

* A better coding for @LavaDelVortel 's Yvette, allowing it to receive the Heartwarder of Sune kit as a Dual-Class Cleric/Thief or as a Pure-Class Cleric.

* A correction for several kits restraining Turn Undead accordingly to PnP rules.

* Spheres for non-DoF kits:

- By @Ulb 

Dreamwalker, Bearwalker, Spirit Hunter, Spiritwalker, Stormcaller

- By @AionZ 

Hivemaster, Warhorn Shaman

- By @Raduziel 

Circle Enforcer, Dreadful Witch, Spirit Redeemer

- By @LavaDelVortel 

Whitchlight Shaman

Check the Readme (section f3) to get the list of the spheres for those kits.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hi Raduziel,

I read the first page and the readme of the mod but still couldn't understand something. What do the spheres actually do? How do the major and minor spheres actually effect the spells of a kit? And if a kit does not have a sphere in its major or minor list, does it mean he/she cannot cast spells that belong to that sphere?

Sorry if it's explained somewhere and I missed it.
    Ludwig_II said:
    Hi Raduziel,

I read the first page and the readme of the mod but still couldn't understand something. What do the spheres actually do? How do the major and minor spheres actually effect the spells of a kit? And if a kit does not have a sphere in its major or minor list, does it mean he/she cannot cast spells that belong to that sphere?

Sorry if it's explained somewhere and I missed it.
    Hello!

Let's say you have a bunch of toys scattered on the floor and you start picking them up and putting into boxes accordingly to what that toy is, trying to put inside the same box only toys that are similar to each other.

One box would have GI Joes, another box would have Barbies, a third box would have teddy bears, a fourth box would have LEGOS, etc.

That is what a sphere does: they organize and pack the spells accordingly to what they are.

Major access means that all the spells of that sphere may be cast by the kit. Minor access means that only spells up to and including the third circle may be cast. A spell that is not listed in a sphere that the kit has access may not be cast at all.

I've updated the Readme to clarify this, thanks for bringing this issue to my attention.