Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Fixed. Thanks!
    edited March 2019
    I confess that I'm this close to call off DoF and SR compatibility. I know some people will stop using my mod due to that, but Paretto's Law is being heavily ignored here.

On top of that, many SR's altering takes the spells away from PnP, not closer to it. AND I plan to create new spells for DoF (this will take a while, though) - I even have a partnership with @Grammarsalad so we can share resources - and he is damn good at adapting spells to the IE.
    edited March 2019
    That's it.

I'm pulling the plug for DoF's compatibility with SR. It just doesn't worth it - numerous conflicts appear and I waste too much of the little time I have to track them down instead of actually producing stuff.

And every single thing I've found was not on DoF's end, so I need to tear down my code to adjust it and this task seems endless.

I recognize SR as a marvelous work and I myself have enjoyed it quite a lot for a long time, but unfortunately bad things happen and that is one of them. If you enjoy using both mods I'm terribly sorry, but to build things together my OCD is striking like hell and my mental health is a priority.

That being said, I'll do my best to release 1.9.7.1 today. And the next release will be focused on new spells - a little way to compensate for the loss.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I'm with you on that. I especially like the idea of sticking closer to PnP spells so that will be most welcome. Anyway, you have at least one convert here that won't stop using DoF and IHU because of it. :) The sphere system adds alot of new spells to the cleric list anyway. Makes me want to get rid of it right now in fact.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I second Zaghoul's comment. I don't use SR anyway.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2019
    First, let me clarify that I didn't mean to be disrespectful with SR, its author or maintainers.

Second: sure, I could make it compatible, that's not an impossible quest just miles away from one that I think that is doable.

The problem starts with identifying what it changes. And how. Is it patching or overhauling?

Second is having to alter several entries at spell.ids and have the trouble of after that re-adding the spells that I want to preserve - but not before having to import them.

The amount of time I would spend doing it I could focus on something more productive - like starting the orcish pantheon, or closing exploits or improving a behavior. Or sleeping.

Anyway, not my tea. Especially considering what we were discussing earlier. I do wish the best for this mod as it is part of BG's history, but I'm off of this mission.

Now I'll finish dinner, get back home and try to work on the next release.

Cheers!

Edit: fixed several typos and trying to write without sounding like an ape.
    Ok, looks like I'll not be able to deliver 1.9.7.1 today.

Sorry.

I didn't finish the Free Action altering (I'm pretty close though), but I can't sleep at 5 AM again because tomorrow I'll be with my daughter and I miss her like hell (she spent the last 5 fives days with my mom while my wife is on a business trip - that's why I'm being so productive).

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I confess that I'm this close to call off DoF and SR compatibility. I know some people will stop using my mod due to that, but Paretto's Law is being heavily ignored here.

I'm sorry to hear that. Vanilla spell system sucks. Part of the spells is very weak or useless. The other part of the spells are very strong. Due to the SR some kind of balance.
    I now play in IWD and really miss the SR. The sphere of suffering is is almost useless, the sphere of healing and the sphere of divination is a little more useful. In other spheres there are good spells and weak.

edited March 2019
    I'm really surprised to see the sphere of Suffering being classified as useless considering that it has Doom, Mold Touch, Poison, Feeblemind and Dolorous Decay.

I would understand this feedback about Vocal or Animal, but Suffering really surprised me.

@Snatch_a_kiss please, send me a PM with the spheres you think that should get a boost and I'll try to produce the new spells to solve this issue :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2019
    I'm really surprised to see the sphere of Suffering being classified as useless considering that it has Doom, Mold Touch, Poison, Feeblemind and Dolorous Decay.

These are my thoughts, my opinion. Very situational spells, most of the time there are more useful spells.
    Doom if the cast time was not 9, but much smaller, it would be useful - Blindness, Spook and Sunscorch is more useful.
    A Mold Touch - a Holy Smite and Glyph of Warding is simply more useful.
    Poison and Feeblemind - in the spell slot, better to use something else, they do not justify their levels. It is better to use an extra buffing or summoning.

On account of the Animal agree, is rather weak. Forgot about them, slipped my mind. :)
    I got to the Belhifet with the Shapeshifter at the party and only used the Call Woodland Beings.

Although in BG Vocal very useful. Exaltation and Chaotic Commands must have, especially with SCS.

A bit off-topic, I know, but FYI as of version 4b16, SR can now be used with IWDEE. :)

Thanks, I didn't know, I'll try to deal with it.
    Post edited by Snatch_a_kiss on
    @Snatch_a_kiss What kit are you using?
    edited March 2019
    @Snatch_a_kiss What kit are you using?
    I got to the Belhifet with the Alaghar of Clangeddin and Shapeshifter at the party. With the others, a little bit of running.
    Now started with a Battleguard of Tempus, Silentwalker of Mask (C/T) and True Druid.
    @Raduziel, question for you.
    I'm in BG2EE with an Icevasel of Auril. I notice that the Ice mephits ice ranged attack does no damage to me and if I have Jahiera cast snowball swarm and cone of cold on me I take no damage. What is considered magic damage for the 50% magic cold resistance to take affect (getting 100% resistance all the time)?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    I'm in BG2EE with an Icevasel of Auril. I notice that the Ice mephits ice ranged attack does no damage to me and if I have Jahiera cast snowball swarm and cone of cold on me I take no damage. What is considered magic damage for the 50% magic cold resistance to take affect (getting 100% resistance all the time)?
    By default, all cold damage is normal Cold.
    Same for "Magical Fire" and "Fire".
    So unless DoF or another mod has altered them (I don't know of any that do).
    kjeron wrote: »
    By default, all cold damage is normal Cold.
    Same for "Magical Fire" and "Fire".
    So unless DoF or another mod has altered them (I don't know of any that do).

Not yet, but I do plan to patch all the spells to change the Opcode from Cold to Magical Cold. Ditto for Fire, Magical Fire.

I didn't do it yet because I need to carefully see how it would affect the game - maybe this would bring more harm than good.

I was about to consult this matter in the General Modding Questions, to be honest, as this is a behavior I'd like to implement starting in 1.9.7.1 or 1.9.7.2
    edited March 2019
    Seems that since in BG(2)EE and IWDEE any cold you get hit with is magic, I think, then Auril's kit should maybe have MR cold set to 50% (description can remain as is, but all cold is magic cold in game).

EDIT: Are there any non-magic fire or cold in the three games that deal damage? Dragons, spells, wands, Salamanders are all magic base as far as effects in AD&D, correct?
    I'll think about it, but I do prefer to patch all spl files to fix this behavior instead of making the kit intentionally misbehave to be another wrong thing.

It is being really hard to think in another language at the moment, so sorry if it wasn't clear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2019
    @subtledoctor PnP does makes a difference between magical cold/cold; magical fire/fire. Here's an example:
    Protection From Fire
    (Abjuration)
    Sphere: Protection, Elemental (Fire)
    Range: Touch Components: V, S, M
    Duration: Special Casting Time: 6
    Area of Effect: 1 creature Saving Throw: None

The effect of a protection from fire spell differs according to whether the recipient of the magic is the caster or some other creature. In either case, the spell lasts no longer than one turn per caster level.

If the spell is cast upon the caster, it confers complete invulnerability to: normal fires (torches, bonfires, oil fires, and the like); exposure to magical fires such as fiery dragon breath; spells such as burning hands, fireball, fire seeds, fire storm, flame strike, and meteor swarm; hell hound or pyrohydra breath, etc. The invulnerability lasts until the spell has absorbed 12 points of heat or fire damage per level of the caster, at which time the spell is negated.

If the spell is cast upon another creature, it gives invulnerability to normal fire, gives a bonus of +4 to saving throw die rolls vs. fire attacks, and reduces damage sustained from magical fires by 50%.

Also, the reason why I coded Auril that way is that Faiths and Avatars makes a distinction between the two types of cold:
    Icepriestesses and icepriests have an immunity to cold similar to a permanent
    resist cold spell. They are immune to natural cold (...)

And the Resist Cold spell states clearly that common cold is not an issue (like standing naked on a glacier), while you resist 50% of magical cold delivered (or 75% on a successful saving throw when allowed).

---

3E created new types of damage, like negative/positive energy and divine. But AD&D always used the idea of different sources and types of damage. Even the AC in the 2nd Edition was based on the type of damage delivered (S/P/B).

---

I do agree with you, however, that patching everything may cause more problems than it is worth it.
    edited March 2019
    Long story short: I made it simpler and Auril now resists 50% of both colds sources (her description was also altered to reflect that change).

I also fixed Ulutiu, as he was not gaining 100% vs magical damage (and unlike Auril, priests of Ulutiu are immune to all sources of cold damage).

These altering will be shipped with 1.9.7.1
    - Kit altering: Iceguardian of Ulutiu now correctly has immunity to both cold and magical cold damage.

- Kit altering: Icevassal of Auril now has 50% resistance to both cold and magical cold damage to fit IE's mechanics.
    edited March 2019
    So, the next upload will have to wait maybe until Friday. I got a medication adjustment that is making very difficult to focus - especially in another language (either English or Weidu).

As soon as I have time and a proper mental state I'll resume the next release.

Sorry - blame the bastard who shot me.
    edited March 2019
    @Raduziel I am using the beta from the 24Mar2019 in BG2EE (1.9.7.1). I noticed the following spell issues:

1) Resist Magic - Has no spell description in the spell book (see screenshot below).
    2) The scroll for the combined Emotion spells name is some spells full description (see screenshot below). Also the scroll description is for Fireshield instead (see screenshot below). In the spell book it is fine.
    r3uje6i9l5jm.png
    srjgjw9ijaql.png
    gjtm2ba7gqci.png
    [spoiler/]
    Easy fix, will be solved in the official release.

Thanks for reporting.
    Question on the Dread Witch. What items can she equip?
    If it is Shaman items, then she suffers as shaman items tend to provide bonuses to dance summons which she doesn't have.
    Question on the Dread Witch. What items can she equip?
    If it is Shaman items, then she suffers as shaman items tend to provide bonuses to dance summons which she doesn't have.

I'll answer this one but please, for future questions about IHU use its thread or PM-me.

She uses Shaman equipment as she is a Shaman kit and yes, she indirectly gets this drawback.

If someone decides to mod more creative Shaman-exclusive gear, she would benefit from them.

Introducing items is 100% out of IHU's scope and as soon as I get the French translation that mod will be 100% done except for bug fixes and eventual adjustments due to future Beamdog's patches or the improvement of the tools it uses (like new Weidu.exe, new QDmulticlass.tpa, etc).
    The reported issue is fixed, but Github apparently is under some sort of maintenance - I've tried to upload the file several times to no avail.
    Ok, boys and girls, listen up.

I have 1.9.7.1 ready to ship, but I'm making a last minute test with the expanded Shar-Teel component. To understand why, click here.

I'll have to make a little run through SoD. The problem is: it's 03:50 AM here in Brazil and I'm tired.

So this tour will have to wait until tomorrow after my RL obligations are done.

Good news is: probably I'll have the time to release another kit.

Cheers.
    edited March 2019
    Version 1.9.7.1 is up and it contains:

- Bug fix: Conjure Water Elemental now has the correct label at Umberlee's and Valkur's .tpa files.

- Bug fix: Shar-Teel now receives the correct spells.

- New kit: Luckmaiden of Haela Brightaxe (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric - only for females).

- New kit: Truesword of Arvoreen (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

- New NPC: Mazzy, the Truesword of Arvoreen.

- Kit altering: Clerics who receive APR as Fighters will NOT receive APR due to Specialization anymore (only +0.5 at levels 7 and 13).

- Kit altering: Clerics who may allocate more than one slot in a proficiency will not be able to do so at level 1 (as any other cleric).

- Kit altering: Horn Guard of Yondalla now multiclasses to Ranger/Cleric instead of Fighter/Cleric.

- Kit altering: Bloodstalker of Urdlen now receives the Claws of Urdlen.

- Kit altering: Iceguardian of Ulutiu now correctly has immunity to both cold and magical cold damage.

- Kit altering: Icevassal of Auril now has 50% resistance to both cold and magical cold damage to fit IE's mechanics.

- Spell altering: Cure/Cause Light/Moderate/Medium/Serious/Critical Wounds were altered to fit their PnP description.

- Spell altering: Food created by Heroes' Feast now will disappear if not consumed within one hour and heals 1d4+4 HP.

- Spell altering: PnP Free Action (thanks for the help, @kjeron ).

- Spell altering: PnP Slay Living.

- Spell altering: Resist Fire/Cold is split into two different effects (Resist Fire - Resist Cold) as PnP rules state.

- Architecture: DoF is no longer compatible with Spells Revision.

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters CLSWPBON.2da.

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters PROFSMAX.2da.

- Architecture: QDMulticlass function updated to 0.5 (thanks for the file, @subtledoctor ).

- Architecture: SEQUENCER_MENU function updated to 0.56 (thanks for the file, Kjeron).