Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Adventures of Tilly Wigglebottom (4th page re-start)

Comments

• typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    Ah! I forgot to mention: with SCS when you select the slower reputation gain options, your reputation really doesn't change much. :D It's easier to hold onto Evil characters without booting up Keeper and changing reputation that way.

I set reputation to increase at one quarter the normal rate. So far, I've had done about 6 quests with reputation increases and only gotten an increase on 2 of them. :)

lolien
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    This run reminds me of the old Grimtooth's Traps books :D

rufus_hobarttypo_tillyJuliusBorisovlolien
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Ahahaha thank you for the latest update, Tilly, this one genuinely made me laugh out loud. "The bear chases Tilly like she has a pocket full of marmalade." and "Minsc picks up Khalid, not wanting to inadvertently disrespect Jaheira's lady mounds" = pure gold!

But what's with the Rasaad hate? Naked monks in the moonlight need love too, y'know!

typo_tillyJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited October 2014
    jackjack said:

This run reminds me of the old Grimtooth's Traps books :D

Oh, neat! :D I'm glad. ^_^ I'll have to try to find one. :)

Ahahaha thank you for the latest update, Tilly, this one genuinely made me laugh out loud. "The bear chases Tilly like she has a pocket full of marmalade." and "Minsc picks up Khalid, not wanting to inadvertently disrespect Jaheira's lady mounds" = pure gold!

But what's with the Rasaad hate? Naked monks in the moonlight need love too, y'know!

pft XD thanks! It made me feel better to write something funny while doing these terrible body runs. Also I think Minsc would be the sort of guy who is gentle and wants to be polite to Good people. :3

Ah Rasaad is just weaker at low levels. :) He's an alright guy and surprisingly survived waves of gnolls. I had him flank after Minsc engaged the enemy. And he carried lots of stuff for me. AND he jumped on a bear! :D

But the moonlight stuff? Not when I'm doing body runs. It was just his luck. :( And those mercenary ambushes from SCS? Scared the heck out of me, with my small party. I was really tense. I still can't believe our gimped party of 4 managed to survive the gnoll chieftan battle. Minsc was using weapons he had no proficiency in! XD

Post edited by typo_tilly on
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHlolien
    :D I'm glad it's entertaining you. I have no idea why I started writing it. XD

*nods* The music bug can be annoying. Battle music signals that enemies are nearby.
    I've found the music goes back to normal if
    - the party rests
    - the party goes to another map
    - I save then reload the game

I'm only running SCS. The battle music bug is definitely in vanilla 1.3, though.

jackjackBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited October 2014
    Ms Wigglebottom is on hiatus. :) I've had difficulty with the bandit camp (hordes of enemies shooting up the mages <_<') and... with spiders of all things. o_O In SCS some spiders shoot webs at individual party members. I had thought SCS was just an AI buff, but apparently some creatures get new abilities.

For SCS I really think I'll have to go through with my main class. That way I won't have as much trouble the first time and I'll figure things out. This time I'm not messing around. ^-^

So I've started Tilly the half-orc Dodger*: 8 / 18 / 16 / 13 / 12 / 8. I spent 75 points to have a character not under- or over-powered. Notice how my STR and CON aren't crippled? Told you: not messing around. *grunt of power* >:3

*Dodger = Swashbuckler. Except not so much an "epitome of wit and grace". :p

Why a Dodger? To get to my ideal thief I need... 800 points. Where a half-orc of 18 DEX begins with 65 allocated points + 40 points to spend. Leaving 700 points needed from level 2 onward! :)
    100 - locks
    100 - disarm traps
    100 - set traps
    100 - detect illusion
    200 - hide
    200 - sneak
    ~~~ - pickpocket (not using for this character)

To get 700 points requires
    - 28 levels with a Pure Thief/Scout or Swashbuckler/Dodger (25 points per level)
    - 35 levels with a Bounty Hunter or Shadowdancer (20 points per level)
    - 46 levels with an Assassin (15 points per level)

She'll use
    - bow
    - dagger
    - 1 weapon style
    - 2 weapon style (bg2)

BlackravenkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    Aw thank you. :3 It's a mixture of silliness and franticness, really. X3 There are some well written narrative stories here. Mine is not quite like that... Not with all the fretting over hp rolls! c:

Yes! Like you I just can't get away from a pure thief class. X3 I like having some armour, weapons, and the thief skills! Magic is impressive but stealth leads and traps rule! :D

! A Shapeshifter?! Good fun! :) I know there are some mod tweaks for that, if you haven't already installed them.

Now, I don't know whether I should continue my re-booted Tilly here or make a new thread. -_- Ah... I'll start a little here then see how I feel. :)

Character
    Tilly - half-orc Dodger (Swashbuckler)
    8 / 18 / 16 / 13 / 12 / 8
    Bow / Dagger
    Setting Traps -> Hiding and Sneaking -> Detect Illusions -> Locks and Traps -> Hiding and Sneaking

Party
    Tilly
    Imoen - No dual classing to mage. But will change BG2 Imoen to match my BG1 Imoen's stats.

Khalid - Long Swords. Bow. One Handed Style?
    Jaheira - Clubs. Slings. Sword and Shield Style.

Xan - ... the man! Much STR spells. ^-^
    Kivan?

BlackravenkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    n.n! This new Tilly needs a name for her adventures.

She will be called Tilly...
    Thistlebottom?
    Pricklebottom?
    Whistebottom? (is that for someone who farts rather uniquely?)
    Thistlefoot?
    Burrfoot? (Dragonlance :p)
    Thistlehand?
    Thistlepaw?
    Thistlepalm?

Thistlebottom?
    Pricklebottom?
    Thistlepaw? *-)

... ^_^;

OK...
    She will be called Tilly Thistlebottom. :D

(Not to be confused with either Miss Thistlebottom the grammarian or with Twig Oaklyn Flewinia Thistlebottom the fairy. n.n)

kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolienmf2112
    After I eventually finish Dragonfall: Director's Cut, I'm going to return to BG to gradually take 2 or 3 characters through vanilla and EE. I'd like to record the games as well. Anyone know how I can record the gameplay, sound and video? (No commentary recording needed, though. I'll just do write-ups.)

Three routes:
    - Tilly Thistlepaw, a fighter/thief. Starting in BG1vanilla.
    - Tilly the Skunk, a dragon disciple 'gas mage'. Starting in BG1EE.
    - Tilly Wigglebottom, the underpowered cleric/mage. Starting in BG1EE or BG2EE.

I'd really like to do a vanilla run again, with my original BG1 CDs. As a roleplaying thing, Thistlepaw would stick to thief skills hiding and sneaking (then seeing illusions in BG2).

For a complete EE run, I'm leaning towards Tilly the Skunk and her limited spell-type selection (gaseous and nauseating spells!) rather than Tilly Wigglebottom and her limited spell-level selection (ie. no greater than level 4 spells?).

Thistlepaw and Skunk will probably have the same attributes, chosen more gently than Wigglebottom's.
    So probably something like...
    STR 9
    DEX 16-17
    CON 10
    WIS 15
    INT 13
    CHA 10

---Restart Talk---
    I couldn't find my original saves for Tilly Wigglebottom (burnt as they were to cleanse the profile). Chances are I uploaded some of those saves to illustrate bugs, but those saves still being on Overhaul's system is a long shot. Anyways, I could re-create her in BG2EE with her approximate stats and spell limitations. Not a problem. I'm less interested in her character, though, because no one else really follows the rules I placed on her: realistic attributes and modest intelligence for spells.

I'd also like to restart Tilly Thistlebottom (as Tilly Thistlepaw), because I'm not happy with that game's progression: going from Swashbuckler to Cleric/Thief with Keeper. Feels wrong to me to switch mid-game like that.

BlackravenkcwiselolienJuliusBorisov
    /* I'm copying and pasting the text from the journal. I won't be formatting it overlymuch, sorry! n.n It just takes too much time away from play. ^w^ */

Our hurried flight from Candlekeep...

Father's dead. A note on his body reiterated his desire for
    us (I'm sure he knew Imoen would follow) to find Khalid
    and Jaheira at the Friendly Arm Inn.

But how can we go there now? The giant man wouldn't
    just leave Gorion's note on his body if he didn't want us to
    go to the inn. Imoen's sure they'll be waiting for us there.

So we go south as far as we can. Put some distance
    between us and them.

// Lately I haven't been bothering with the two assassins in Candlekeep. Did all the errands, though. :3
    My charisma is so low that Puffgut's spoke to me differently than usual. I keep forgetting how low CHA is. I'll put Imoen in lead.

But outside of Candlekeep? It suddenly occurred to me how foolish it would be for the protagonist to follow a note left behind by someone hunting her. No, I don't think I'll be going to the Friendly Arm Inn for quite some time, this run. I wonder if Khalid and Jaheira still disappear after not going there for 3 weeks after the start of the game... *-)

The Town of Beregost

We don't stay long at Beregost. Imoen barely gets us out
    of a bar fight with some clever chant.

Unfortunately, that same cleverness -- cheekiness, really
    -- doesn't get us out of the Flaming Fist (?) police force.
    On the road, three men point us out as murderers. When
    sis smiles sweetly and says we're too sweet for that, they
    balk... shaken, she asks us if they're going to arrest us
    now. Their reply? They'll kill us.

We flee the road, only returning after several hours.
    Something jumps in my throat: Were they after our
    father's killers? Or was one of their own killed?

// In Beregost, we avoid Neera. I can't stand wild magic backfires. And I can't handle her quest reliably until levels 5 or 6. No doubt, I'll have a flex spot in party for her later.

Outside of Beregost, I honestly didn't think the Flaming Fist would attack us from those responses. What can we do? We ran to an adjacent area then ran back. It was the ruins of Ulcaster! Bad news for us and not something we'll skip through. :p

Running South

Before the police mercenaries attacked us,
    two creatures attacked us last day on the road. They
    looked like ogres and... hunched?... towards us.
    Something wrong with their legs. A man was killed by
    them, so perhaps they lurch out at you from the brush?

// Shooting a distracted enemy... ... I'll do it when they're dumb and very slow. :p Really, a pack of wolves could clear all the slow moving ogrillions from the countryside. (Presumably, ogrillions are wildly successful in cities due to their high level of urbane-ness and top-notch skills in cookery and needlework. n.n)

kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    Nashkel

After weaving around wilderness areas for a day
    (throwing of the scent! and... running from goblins and
    ogres...), we stumble into Nashkel during a light
    snowfall.

We're far south. We're in a town. There must be people
    we can join up with for protection. Well, what is there?

A man who wants us to kill someone without question.
    Pass.

A man who turns everything back to go on and on about
    his goddess.
    Pass.

A man who has a hamster and is looking for his lost
    charge... ... yeah, I guess we'll take it. o_o'

The mayor of town also (rolls his eyes) approaches us, telling of trouble in their mines. Like two young orphans can do anything for them. Let's find safety in numbers first.

// Neither Imoen nor Tilly are hurt, so we don't go into the inn. Nor do we have anything to sell, so we don't go into the shop[pe].

We're still all level 1. It's difficult to level up fast at this stage without meta-gaming or a large, well-made, party.

... And why do I get the feeling Minsc's sword is going to break as soon as I leave town? -_-'

kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    Death count
    Minsc: 0+1 (by gnolls in random encounter outside Nashkel)
    Rasaad: 0+1 (by Neira outside Nashkel inn)

Rescuing Dynaheir - Take 1

Soon after heading off to rescue Minsc's Dynaheir from
    gnolls, we are ambushed by said gnolls. Who kill Minsc
    then chase us around until we can return to drag(!) his
    body to Nashkel. I think we'll need more help for this.

Immy recruits the kickpuncher priest. He's addled, but
    help is help? Only when it's not help... like when
    resurrecting someone costs us nearly all our gold and
    when we can't afford replacement equipment.

The monk doesn't ask for any equipment. Sis and I
    exchange glances: This man is going to die out there.

Resting at the Nashkel Inn
    (~1 min after recruiting Rasaad)

The man died... in here? A mercenary, hired by that
    giant man who killed Father, killed the priest monk
    puncher as soon as we entered the Nashkel inn. This
    mercenary wasn't nearly as strong as those who attacked
    us outside Candlekeep... but they are coming for us now,
    even this far away.

If we can get the money before the monk decomposes too
    much, we'll pay for his resurrection. We stash him
    behind the inn in some bushes.

In the meantime, we need to find more allies (competent
    ones) and stay out of the city as much as possible.

Also, money. Money would be good.

// Gah. Wish I could afford a longbow for Minsc. As it is, we bought him a mace and a _shield_ to help him not get killed. I also hope his timer with Dynaheir is deactivated upon death. But we'll still head out west while gaining money, just in case the timer remains active and counting down.

kcwiseBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    The adventure continues! Yay!

typo_tillyJuliusBorisovlolien
    Yes XD It began in November 2012, with the release of BG1EE. :) I'll go through the entire series with Wigglebottom now. ^_^

Her file got kind of buggered during beta testing and I wasn't decided on all the rules I was going to follow. This restart feels good to me. :)

kcwiseBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,792

Aw thank you. :3 It's a mixture of silliness and franticness, really. X3 There are some well written narrative stories here. Mine is not quite like that... Not with all the fretting over hp rolls! c:

A late reply this is, but I just finished reading about all the incarnations of Tilly Wigglebottom/Thistlebottom and I greatly enjoyed all the adventures, even though I've lost count of the amount of Tillies I've read about. However, they all come with the same quirky style from a Skunk who's style I like. And like @BelgarathMTH said, your stories get funnier the more gets wrong. Actually, all come with the same quirky style isn't really accurate, the amount of sillyness, witty remarks and colourful descriptions increases with each Tilly, so that's a wiggly, eh good - bottom, eh thing :wink: .

Vallmyrtypo_tillyJuliusBorisovlolien