Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

custom objects on top of custom objects

zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 174
So I have run into one problem with current custom placeables. When you set a custom model on top of another custom model you cannot destroy it with a melee weapon, when you select bash it will say unable to reach. But when you set a custom model on one of the original models from nwn, it will allow you to destroy it. But you can still use and lock/unlock a custom model on top of another custom model. Just a wild guess, this is because of the way we make pwk's for custom models? maybe because there are 2 pwk's on top of each other? But I am not really sure.

Post edited by zordren3742 on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 364
    Both the pwk and the use nodes in the custom models must be positioned so that the PC can reach it.

zordren3742
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 174
    Ah, I will have to double check, the object on top's use node might be facing the other way. I know on some of the witcher 2 models I have a use node on both sides and on others like a safe I put them both in the same place

edited June 7
    I have also found if the object is too big and the pwk Does not let your pc get close enough to the empty/Aurora base that is normally in the middle, and try to hit it, it will say unable to reach

ok so here is what I did to make it work. I made the PWK on the night stand that the object was on like half the width of the night stand. there is just a tiny bit of clipping if you walk straight into it, but it is worth it. I can now set an object right in the middle of the night stand and still use and destroy the object.

edited July 12
    So a couple of nights ago I figured out what I did wrong, after making the pwk's smaller. What happened was my pwk on the object that the other object was on top of was too tall. So when I set a object on top of it, the top objects pwk was on the inside of the bottom objects pwk by just a little bit, it was not much but it was enough for the game to think the object on top was inside of the one on the bottom so it would say cannot reach. I fixed this by making my pwk's of objects that will have things placed on them a bit lower than the surface that a object will be placed on. So for all the new people, when making a table for example, make sure the top of the tables pwk is a bit below the surface of the table. And when in the toolset and you are placing a object on the table make sure it's pwk does not go inside of the tables pwk in any way.