Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Almost 100 hours in chapter 2 with Aerie in the party most of the time…I suddenly realise that I didn’t see any talks related to her wing regeneration, except the discussion with one storekeeper…

Hence, I would like to check whether this is normal, does the regeneration path/talk start in Chapter 2?
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @marcnivar The Aerie talks don't actually have a specific chapter requirement. The recurring talks should start as soon as she's a high enough level to cast Regenerate (as a cleric) and the full NPC conversations require the NPCs to know specific spells as well.

It's also a 10 day timer between wing talks so it takes awhile even when she gets the spell.

I think that's everything, but @BCaesar let me know if I missed something.
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @marcnivar The Aerie talks don't actually have a specific chapter requirement. The recurring talks should start as soon as she's a high enough level to cast Regenerate (as a cleric) and the full NPC conversations require the NPCs to know specific spells as well.

It's also a 10 day timer between wing talks so it takes awhile even when she gets the spell.

Thanks for explaining, its good to know nth wrong at the moment.

Enjoying this MOD much more than I haven expected, and particularly like Clara. Now I really can't decide who will be my 6th party member to bring to chapter 4 due to the great amount of content added for so many npc :D

Aerie- to level up her to see regeneration dialogue

Viconia- to see her talks with Mazzy and Clara and extra content in the Underdark

Yoshimo/Imoen- to see Mazzy, Clara and Ajantis reactions for their relevant events

Its great to have many options, and it is all thanks to both of your efforts :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    I'm currently in ToB with Clara -- now married to CN Anomen, future member of the Council of Amn. Great work on Clara (and thanks for adding the option for the soundset). I loved following Anomen's story and romance with her. I also greatly enjoyed her interactions with Jan.

One thing I noticed with Clara in the party: the Korgan "friendship" mod I had installed never started. Clara had some (rather, um, colourful) dialogues with Korgan and received a boost to some of her stats as a result. But the Korgan friendship mod talks never started. In contrast, the friendship mods with Valygar and Cernd worked fine -- but they didn't seem to have any special talks with Clara (or perhaps I removed them from the party before they started).

Perhaps there is no problem and the Korgan friendship talks would've started eventually. But I did have him in the party for a pretty long time (before deciding to replace him with Jan). Just thought I would mention this...
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 454
    edited December 2021
    I'm currently in ToB with Clara -- now married to CN Anomen, future member of the Council of Amn. Great work on Clara (and thanks for adding the option for the soundset). I loved following Anomen's story and romance with her. I also greatly enjoyed her interactions with Jan.

One thing I noticed with Clara in the party: the Korgan "friendship" mod I had installed never started. Clara had some (rather, um, colourful) dialogues with Korgan and received a boost to some of her stats as a result. But the Korgan friendship mod talks never started. In contrast, the friendship mods with Valygar and Cernd worked fine -- but they didn't seem to have any special talks with Clara (or perhaps I removed them from the party before they started).

Perhaps there is no problem and the Korgan friendship talks would've started eventually. But I did have him in the party for a pretty long time (before deciding to replace him with Jan). Just thought I would mention this...

Huh, I can't imagine what would've broken the Korgan friendship. I remember in that mod Korgan just tells you a story every time you go (or perhaps sleep?) in an inn in Athkatla.

Clara's talks with Valygar, Cernd, and Korgan are all just banters, so they just trigger on the normal banter timer (or the accelerated banter timer if you install one of those mods). So Clara's banters with people shouldn't break anything, they have no scripts that trigger their dialogues. I'll download the Korgan Friendship again and open it and poke around when I get a chance. If nothing else I can tell you what should trigger his first dialogues so you'll know.

Glad you're enjoying it. I love Korgan; he's just so unrepentantly awful.
    edited December 2021
    Korgan's friendship involves a pub crawl: getting him drunk in every pub in Athkatla (quite expensive, given his constitution), with some colourful dialogue each time. It's been a few years since I played it, but I remember it beginning shortly after completing his personal quest.
    I also thought I would mention that I ended up adding Bodhi to my party, which was great fun (and continues to be fun, even if she is a bit quiet in ToB). I enjoyed her banters with Clara and Jon toward the end of SoA.

By ToB I ended up Clara, Anomen, Jan, Neera, and Bodhi in the band.
    I also thought I would mention that I ended up adding Bodhi to my party, which was great fun (and continues to be fun, even if she is a bit quiet in ToB). I enjoyed her banters with Clara and Jon toward the end of SoA.

By ToB I ended up Clara, Anomen, Jan, Neera, and Bodhi in the band.

Yeah we didn't add much ToB content for Bodhi (either Vampire Bodhi or Elf Bodhi). I considered writing a twisted ToB Bodhi romance, but it seemed like a lot of work for something almost no one would ever see. Also neither of us really like playing ToB. Glad you liked Bodhi though, I had a lot of fun with her.

I broke open the Korgan friendship mod and here are the requirements to start the first talk:
    InParty(Myself)
    GlobalGT("ShadDead","LOCALS",0)
    See(Player1)
    !StateCheck("KORGAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    Global("L#KorganIEPTalk","GLOBAL",0)

In English that means Korgan has to be in your party,
    I'm assuming the second trigger triggers when Korgan kills his old party.
    Next says that Korgan can see Player1
    The rest says he can't see an enemy and can't be asleep or silenced or anything like that.

If you're able to check to see what Global("L#KorganIEPTalk","GLOBAL") is at I could tell you more. That's the trigger for all of the talks. It probably just glitched out, but that's unrelated to our mod.

Yeah, I can't think of anything in our mod that would stop that from triggering.

On a different note, I should probably post an updated version of our mod at some point. But the only real change is that the new version has a text file listing the mods that have crossmod content in ATM. So I've been lazy about actually uploading it.
    I kind of regret bringing up the Korgan thing now. :smile: But in case it helps (and for future reference in the event that I try to use the Korgan mod again) the Global("L#KorganIEPTalk","GLOBAL") is at 7.

I'd be curious to see what crossmod content is included in ATM. Thanks!
    I finished up ToB yesterday -- loved the epilogues for Anomen and Clara! And I was pleasantly surprised that there was (a rather amusing) one for Bodhi as well.
    Thanks again for this mod!
    I finished up ToB yesterday -- loved the epilogues for Anomen and Clara! And I was pleasantly surprised that there was (a rather amusing) one for Bodhi as well.

You're very welcome. And I'm particularly glad you liked the epilogues because I spent way too much time coding all of those.

If there's anything this mod has, it's a plethora of epilogues ;)
    I kind of regret bringing up the Korgan thing now. :smile: But in case it helps (and for future reference in the event that I try to use the Korgan mod again) the Global("L#KorganIEPTalk","GLOBAL") is at 7.

Huh, in that case you should've gotten a number of the Korgan friendship talks already.

You're welcome! I had to look up what I had written, and found a typo while I was at it, so now Ratatoskr's update can include another fix. Were you playing with Vampire Bodhi or Elf Bodhi?
    marcnivar wrote: »

Enjoying this MOD much more than I haven expected, and particularly like Clara. Now I really can't decide who will be my 6th party member to bring to chapter 4 due to the great amount of content added for so many npc :D

Viconia- to see her talks with Mazzy and Clara and extra content in the Underdark

Yoshimo/Imoen- to see Mazzy, Clara and Ajantis reactions for their relevant events

I'd go with Viconia. All of Aerie's wing talks can be seen in ToB, but the underdark stuff with Viconia is specific to being there.
    edited December 2021
    BCaesar wrote: »

I'd go with Viconia. All of Aerie's wing talks can be seen in ToB, but the underdark stuff with Viconia is specific to being there.

I left underdark and in chapter 6 now. Brought Imoen in underdark and quite enjoys her interactions with Clara. Didn't like her dialogues to initiate a romantic relationship with Mazzy, but its great we can prevent it.

Currently bring Aerie, viconia, mazzy, clara and anomen to do MOD quests in Chapter 6, hopefully I still have sufficient time to trigger clara-viconia quest. Brought them together quite some time in chapter 2 and they never talk to each other, so not sure how to trigger the quest...
    BCaesar wrote: »
    You're welcome! I had to look up what I had written, and found a typo while I was at it, so now Ratatoskr's update can include another fix. Were you playing with Vampire Bodhi or Elf Bodhi?

I went with Elf Bodhi. :)
    I have a question about the "Viconia in Ust Natha" component (for a possible future game):
    is it possible to maintain a romance with Viconia while allowing her to help her daughter conquer Ust Natha?
    In a previous game using this mod I let her leave the party to do this, but I wasn't romancing her (and I wasn't playing "evil").
    I assume that it is possible, but thought I would ask just in case.
    Thanks!
    @BCaesar can correct me if I'm wrong, but for the questions:

@marcnivar I believe you need Clara and Viconia's first banter to trigger (which can be sped up with a banter accelerator, but it still largely random) and then you need to walk into an inn at least 2 days later. If you're able to check the _BBCLARAVIC global, we can tell you if the first banter triggered already or not.

@Thrasymachus It should be possible. The one thing to watch would be whether allowing
    Viconia to leave the party to stay with Imrae temporarily breaks the romance. However, not allowing her to go is an option, so that should be safe.
    edited January 2022
    So... huh. Apparently when Beamdog redid their site, they lowered the allowed size of zip folders that can be posted on a message post. Which I didn't know until I'd already deleted the last version.

Which means, AllThingsMazzy is currently not attached to this thread and won't be until I can figure out a way around that (which is unlikely given that the allowed file size is about 1/10 the actual size of our mod). I admit, I am quite annoyed at the moment.

However, you can find a version on Github here: https://github.com/Ratatoskr589/AllThingsMazzy

Or a 7-zip version here for those of you who can open those files: https://github.com/Ratatoskr589/AllThingsMazzy---7zip-version

The 7-zip version is easier to deal with since our mod is also too large to post easily on Github as a single compressed folder and reformatting is required. At some point, I may be able to go through and post each individual folder up on Github to build a new repository that you can just download and unzip as normal, but that's a larger undertaking.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    edited January 2022
    I got the Viconia’s peace quest now. However, I noticed that I didn’t get Clara’s book quest (I read something like this here). May I check how to initiate this quests?
    If I remember correctly, the first part of that quest will only trigger after
    Aran Linvail (the thief leader in the basement) is dead. You also need to have talked with Rose Bouquet in the bridge district with Clara in your party and not be in Chapter 4 or 5.
    edited January 2022
    Aran Linvail (the thief leader in the basement) is dead. You also need to have talked with Rose Bouquet in the bridge district with Clara in your party and not be in Chapter 4 or 5.

Thanks, I will try it once I finish most stuffs in Chapter 6. Some other MOD contents may still need him to be alive.
    edited January 2022
    I have a question about the "Viconia in Ust Natha" component (for a possible future game):
    is it possible to maintain a romance with Viconia while allowing her to help her daughter conquer Ust Natha?
    In a previous game using this mod I let her leave the party to do this, but I wasn't romancing her (and I wasn't playing "evil").
    I assume that it is possible, but thought I would ask just in case.
    Thanks!

As Ratatoskr said, you can have her stay in your party. It's also possible that if you've finished the romance in SoA that you can have her leave and it'll pick back up as normal when you start ToB and she's in your party. But I can't promise that.

I went with Elf Bodhi. :)

Oh good. Creating and coding her to function properly was quite a bit of work, I'm glad at least one person actually saw and liked her. I wish she had more dialogue than just the opening part of ToB and the epilogue, but not so much for me to actually write and code it over other things I'm doing in my life. One of these days maybe I'll write up some banters or something.
    I left underdark and in chapter 6 now. Brought Imoen in underdark and quite enjoys her interactions with Clara.

Glad to hear it. I enjoyed those too.
    edited January 2022
    Also, we successfully hosted the mod on one of my many google.drive accounts so we'll soon post a link to it on the top post of this thread too.
    I killed Aran but I'm not sure how to trigger her quests. I'm in Chapter 6, I talked with Rose once in earlier chapters (with Clara interactions with here), but there is nothing new if I talk to Rose now

I would also like to ask whether there is anyway to let Anomen gets the council seat. I feel like they are planning something like this in earlier chapter, but not sure how to start it.
    @marcnivar It's not instant.
    Rose won't say anything new until you get the messenger about four days after Aran dies. If Global "_bRoseClara" is at 1, the timer should still be going. If it's at 2, make sure you stand somewhere outside that isn't the Bridge district or one of the random encounters and wait for a bit. Sometimes it takes the messenger a bit to arrive.

As for the second one, that's not an actual quest that can be completed in game. They talk and plot some more in TOB, but it's not something you can help with.
    @marcnivar It's not instant.
    Rose won't say anything new until you get the messenger about four days after Aran dies. If Global "_bRoseClara" is at 1, the timer should still be going. If it's at 2, make sure you stand somewhere outside that isn't the Bridge district or one of the random encounters and wait for a bit. Sometimes it takes the messenger a bit to arrive.

As for the second one, that's not an actual quest that can be completed in game. They talk and plot some more in TOB, but it's not something you can help with.

Is there anyway to complete Rose's books quest? I submitted many books to her but it seems like she is looking for more.

I remember Clara has 2 quest, does it mean there is one more quest after completing the book quest?

(anyway, I enjoy her comments on every single useless books, notes and letters :) )
    @marcnivar The first quest
    is actually completely open-ended. It's not possible to officially complete it because she'll keep accepting duplicates forever.
    And I'm glad you appreciate her comments. That dialogue chain is like 200 lines long and took me forever to write and code. But that makes it worth it :smile:

The second quest requires that you start the book quest and will trigger
    a number of days after you turn in a specific book. That one is a more traditional quest with an actual plot and ending.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    How to start Aerie's wings quest?
    @rossbach451 If you're in Shadows of Amn, the Aerie wings talks don't have a specific chapter requirement. The recurring talks should start as soon as she's a high enough level to cast Regenerate (as a cleric) and the full NPC conversations require the NPCs to know specific spells as well.