Skip to content

[MOD] EEex (v0.10.2-alpha)

Comments

• v1ldv1ld Member Posts: 22
    @GraionDilach Gotcha. I've now name dropped all the games in the post so google can find it easier.
  • ArendethArendeth Member Posts: 3
    Can this be used to scroll though kits and spell lists like in gemrb (and tobex)?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited November 2022
    You don't need an engine extender to scroll for those in the EEs. IIRC even the Beamdog UIs come with the functionality included as well as the most-cited UI mods.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    Is anyone else receiving a "procedure entry point" error when trying to load the EEex DLL file?
    Only if I attempt to run Olvyn's ImprovedHOF on top of 2.6. But that's expected from that mod, since it assumes EEEx 2.5 featureset. Check your other mods to see if the same applies to them.
    edited November 2022
    No, I don't even have Olyvn's ImprovedHOF installed. In fact, this is the ONLY mod I have installed because it's the first I've tried. I usually test the game after each module installation to make sure it's working.

I tried to run "InfinityLoader" but it told me it couldn't find a command dealing with "std_ztdb_get_time" zone located in the DLL file. Does EEex require more than just installing this one module? Does it require other run time libraries?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    @UOLegacy:
    Bubb wrote: »
    If InfinityLoader.exe fails to start, please ensure you have installed the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
    Let me know if the issue persists after installing the above.
    Hi Bubb.

Yes, this worked. Those run time libraries allowed it to start. Thank you for helping this newbie. :smile:
  • TrigletTriglet Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2022
    InfinityLoader won't launch the game for me in versions >=0.9.11. Not sure why, I've had the redist installed, even reinstalled it. Version from 0.9.10 works fine. Using windows 10 x64, it's LTSC but I don't think that could be the problem? Is it possible to use infinity loader from earlier version with newer EEX or not really? Pic below installed VC++ redist version
    iqq3yis03bwf.png

Edit: Also no .dmp files or any visible logs/errors generated.
    Post edited by Triglet on
  • WulcyWulcy Member Posts: 32
    I installed both the x64 and x86 2015-2022 libraries. Did you try installing both versions?
    @Triglet: If there's no error messages, it's probably Windows Defender or your AV blocking InfinityLoader. Try making an exception for InfinityLoader.exe and see if it starts, (it may take a restart for the .exe to be unblocked after making an exception).
    Wulcy wrote: »
    I installed both the x64 and x86 2015-2022 libraries. Did you try installing both versions?

Tried with installed x86 as well - no dice.
    @Triglet: If there's no error messages, it's probably Windows Defender or your AV blocking InfinityLoader. Try making an exception for InfinityLoader.exe and see if it starts, (it may take a restart for the .exe to be unblocked after making an exception).

No, I have windows defender completely disabled and no AV. Just windows firewall wrapper.
    Triglet wrote: »
    No, I have windows defender completely disabled and no AV. Just windows firewall wrapper.

Ok, try starting a cmd window in the game's directory, and starting InfinityLoader through that. InfinityLoader should log all errors to the console. If that doesn't output anything, I'm afraid nothing short of attaching a debugger could narrow the problem down.
    Triglet wrote: »

Tried, but it's the same effect. When I try to start it new cmd window shows for a split second and quits. I don't see any text there either. (tried cmd and powershell)
    ouuddqu9g51f.png

https://pastebin.com/u1YJczhY - infinityloader.ini - maybe here lies the problem? It's strange but the 0.9.10 works fine.

Would current (0.9.14) eex work normally with IL that was bundled with 0.9.10 ver? It starts alright but I don't know if there won't be any problems/conflicts in-game?
    @Triglet: Try those commands without the "start". For example:
    w80hfehzhlfx.png

Interestingly, that InfinityLoader.ini doesn't have any patterns cached, meaning it's not getting to that stage. If you change Pause=0 to Pause=1, does a message box appear when you attempt to start InfinityLoader.exe? If it does it's a problem in InfinityLoader.dll, if not it's a problem in InfinityLoader.exe.

I'll build in more debug logging so hopefully we can tell where the loader is dying. Unfortunately InfinityLoader versions are closely tied to EEex and cannot be substituted safely.
    edited November 2022
    @bubb That's all I get
    qt89vvozgghy.png

Tried set debug to 1 as well, but I don't see any debug files. Unless they are somewhere specific
    @Triglet: I think I have fixed the issue. Please try this release: https://github.com/Bubb13/EEex/releases/tag/v0.9.15-alpha
    @Bubb Yeah works fine now, so it seems the older version of my LTSC was the problem ^^
    edited December 2022
    v0.9.16-alpha:
    Fixed:
    • InfinityLoader should now, for real, correctly handle console io.
    For modders:
    • Added EEex_Actionbar_IsThievingHotkeyOpeningSpecialAbilities(). This function returns true if the thieving hotkey is currently in the middle of opening the special abilities menu. This allows actionbar listeners to distinguish the thieving hotkey from a player normally opening the special abilities menu.
    v0.9.15-alpha:
    Fixed:
    • InfinityLoader compatibility with Windows versions < 1903.
    For modders:
    • CONCENTR.2DA->CHECK_MODE->EEex-LuaFunction=function_name is now called as function_name(sprite, damageData), where damageData is a table with the following keys:

damageTaken: number
      effect: CGameEffect
      sourceSprite: CGameSprite or nil
      targetSprite: CGameSprite

• Added EEex_AIBase_SetStoredScriptingTarget(aiBase, targetKey, target). This function acts as a Lua version of the action EEex_SetTarget().
    v0.9.14-alpha:
    Fixed:
    • (Vanilla bug) Spell() and SpellPoint() sometimes not being disruptable based on caster direction. See: explanation and example.
    For modders:
    • Added new CONCENTR.2DA->CHECK_MODE option: EEex-LuaFunction=function_name. This function is called as function_name(sprite) whenever the engine naturally checks for spell disruption. Return: false -> Spell NOT disrupted. true -> Spell disrupted.
  • MyceniusMycenius Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2022
    Hi - newbie to using EEex - I have a couple of things I could use a little help with please?

1. When running InfinityLoader.exe I get an annoying Windows error message ("You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link" - see attached screenshot) - can anyone advise how to resolve that to stop it popping up - I don't even click on it and just click on BG2EE icon on taskbar and it vanishes and game is loaded and running OK... I'm guessing Windows is thinking there is some sort of unregistered (to Windows) component when the exe runs...?

9ad492djaavl.jpg

2. I am getting a weird bug with the floating text function in game (BG2EE) - (i) it's overwriting the name of the creature/NPC when you 'tab', when you 'mouse-over' to click on the creature/NPC, and in the dialogue box when you initiate dialogue (see example screen shots attached - basically you can't identify the person you are 'talking to' and dialogue box gets filled with redundant text). Note: I've had it suggested it's dialog strings getting messed up due to a lack of DLC Merger - however as it's a BG2EE install and I don't have SoD in my BGEE install either I had the impression DLC Merger wasn't necessary? (ii) other minor issue is it seems to trigger in error (again see the example) - I'm not skilled enough to look into the code but 'in game' I picked the pockets of the merchant concerned and then 'killed' them to get their items and there was no Shadow Dragon Armour present - so not sure if this is a bug also or its just an item in the game that has the wrong resource ID so triggering the floating text script?

Windows 10 Pro (v.21H2, O/S Build 19044.2251)
    BG2EE v2.6.6.0 (Steam Version)
    MODS (installed in this order):
    1. The Tweaks Anthology v.16 (CDTweaks)
    2. SoD-to-BG2EE Item Upgrade v.2.0.1
    3. EEex v.0.9.16-alpha
    4. Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v.10.4

Appreciate any help or guidance.

wojnsndt88cg.jpg

pjpqh20zhp5p.jpg

d7q7f98pksjk.jpg

vzfco5xnjeux.jpg

@Mycenius: Your first problem looks like it's caused by a built-in Windows function that launches the gamebar having lost its association in the registry. I have no idea how you would fix that; I don't think InfinityLoader is the cause.

For your second problem, unless something is seriously wrong with EEex, your dialog.tlk somehow got messed up. This is a common problem when installing mods, usually stemming from not using DLC Merger, (though that only applies to BG:EE + SoD from non-Beamdog sources), permission issues, or a botched mod uninstall. Unfortunately broken text usually means the install has to be thrown away and done again from scratch, including any savegames you've played using the broken install since strrefs are baked into the savegame.
  • MyceniusMycenius Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2022
    Thanks @Bubb - will investigate both. I was afraid second item might be as per your last sentence. Luckily to some degree I hope, I've only installed EEex/Power-Gaming yesterday and limited playing hours since, so not too much lost game time. Although I had had a minor issue with The Tweaks Anthology (G3) when I reran that a couple of days ago to update some setting choices - so if it's somehow related to that might be more significant. :/

P.S. Windows Gamebar issue might be because I forced uninstalled it I think a long time ago as it was exceedingly annoying when it first appeared! ;)

EDIT: P.P.S. Fixed the Gamebar issue - thanks again for the heads up as to where the issue was - I had forcefully disabled it (from main taskbar and similar) a long long time ago but it was still set on in the main windows gaming settings (along with the tick box to enable a game controller) - or perhaps a Windows Update had reenabled it surreptitiously.
    Post edited by Mycenius on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    YES! The Projectile Mutator functionality is finally back! Thank you @Bubb !
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Are all the functions from before patch 2.6 present?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @Flashburn
    Flashburn wrote: »
    Are all the functions from before patch 2.6 present?

Not all of them. However, @Bubb has reimplemented the most important new opcodes (Invoke Lua, Screen Effects, Set Extended Stat and Projectile Mutator).

Most of the actual functions have been renamed since the pre-2.6 version, so I'll have to adjust my mods to deal with that.
    edited December 2022
    Nevermind, I'm stupid. I wasn't using the setup-EEex.exe that came with the mod because I was trying (and failed) to use Project Infinity.

So... I'll request the return of the hotbar modification (B3_CuBar) and frame-advance feature (B3_Time) because I want to use all 4 weapon slots provided by CDTweaks and because I've always found frame-advance to be useful ever since I requested it before patch 2.6
    Post edited by Flashburn on
    The hotbar modification is definitely in, because morpheus562's tweak mods rely on it (like his Turn Undead switch removes the Turn Undead button and his thieving skills for bard tweak include the pickpocket button).
    The backend for hotbar modification is there, but not the user-facing module that allowed it to be set through the UI. I'll work on reimplementing that.

B3_Time, now called B3TimeStep, is reimplemented in master. You can enable it by flipping ["B3TimeStep"] = false to ["B3TimeStep"] = true in EEex_Modules.lua. It will have a dedicated component in the installer in the next release.
    edited December 2022
    Is there something special you have to do to properly install the master version? It doesn't come with its own setup.exe and trying to supply one from the release version causes the game to crash upon entering character creation or after loading a save.
    Flashburn wrote: »
    Is there something special you have to do to properly install the master version? It doesn't come with its own setup.exe and trying to supply one from the release version causes the game to crash upon entering character creation or after loading a save.

No, that's right. Basically Code -> Download ZIP, move the "EEex" folder from the archive to your game, supply a setup-EEex.exe and run it.

I removed the master setup exe because I converted the mod to the Gibberlings3 style a while ago, and users aren't really supposed to install from master, though it should still work.