Skip to content

[MOD] EEex (v0.10.2-alpha)

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Bubb is it possible for EEex to give the option to disable the grey color from the Stoneskin spell (and analogous effects)? ToBEx does that for the classics and SCS avails itself of it; would be nice to have in the EEs as well.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    K4f4r wrote: »
    I can't possibly imagine why would I want to know when my contingency triggers when no enemy is in sight.
    I just remembered that "on enemy sighted:" contingencies still trigger even if enemies are invisible. Useful for rooting out invis potion spammers like SCS thieves.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited May 2022
    @Bubb is it possible for EEex to give the option to disable the grey color from the Stoneskin spell (and analogous effects)? ToBEx does that for the classics and SCS avails itself of it; would be nice to have in the EEs as well.

I think https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1173543/#Comment_1173543 is EEEx compatible.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I just got a trojan detected by windows defender (wacatac trojan) while installing EEex 0.9.7. Any reason to worry ?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2022
    Great, Windows Defender picks up EEex now?

No, you don't have to worry, it's a false positive due to how it injects into the game executable.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Bubb wrote: »
    Great, Windows Defender picks up EEex now?

No, you don't have to worry, it's a false positive due to how it injects into the game executable.

Thanks for the answer.
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    Hi, is there any interest/plan to have this working with non-windows OSes?
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    @Bubb Are you still planning to re-implement all of the pre 2.6 features of EEex or is that not in the cards at the moment? I know there have been quite a few itty bitty things you put in over the years so I reckon this is not a small task. Would be lovely to have an update!
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    The last reimplementation was commited 3 days ago. Stuff needs to be rewritten, because the x86-x64 change requires a new tooling to edit the game. Just give him a break, people, nagging won't help on it (especially considering how many "yeah, lemme look this one up in engine, here" Q&As he's also doing meanwhile for stuff like IA/EE Fixpack/etc.).
    I'm still working on updating everything to v2.6 — got distracted working on the EEex-Docs struct definitions for a while.

Hey Bubb, I love the timer and the spell effect modules. They have made playing a much smoother experience! Amazing!

Do you think it's feasible for additional modules to list extra actor information, like:
    * Status effect immunities - stun, blindness, that sort of thing.
    * Innate enchantment immunities - +3 or greater, etc. Or damage type resistances, 100% crushing e.g.
    * Effects on attack, like level drain, dispell, or a lich's paralyzing touch.
    * Show how fatigued characters are.

I would suggest you take a look at Tapa's fantastic overlay program over on GitHub. We have been talking about it on the G3 Discord, and Tapa has been working overtime the last several days incorporating feedback :smile:. Example screenshot:

tdfcmnltw11j.jpg
  • gatperdutgatperdut Member Posts: 15
    Bubb wrote: »
    I'm still working on updating everything to v2.6 — got distracted working on the EEex-Docs struct definitions for a while.

Hey Bubb, I love the timer and the spell effect modules. They have made playing a much smoother experience! Amazing!

Do you think it's feasible for additional modules to list extra actor information, like:
    * Status effect immunities - stun, blindness, that sort of thing.
    * Innate enchantment immunities - +3 or greater, etc. Or damage type resistances, 100% crushing e.g.
    * Effects on attack, like level drain, dispell, or a lich's paralyzing touch.
    * Show how fatigued characters are.

I would suggest you take a look at Tapa's fantastic overlay program over on GitHub. We have been talking about it on the G3 Discord, and Tapa has been working overtime the last several days incorporating feedback :smile:. Example screenshot:

tdfcmnltw11j.jpg

Thanks, I know about the project, I'm in the G3 Discord too. Maybe EEEx will do something similar at some point, we'll see.
  • HillgroveHillgrove Member Posts: 17
    Having some issues with random CTDs.. how can I troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance

https://gofile.io/d/wJxWTg
    edited June 2022
    Hillgrove wrote: »
    Having some issues with random CTDs.. how can I troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance

https://gofile.io/d/wJxWTg

The area you were in, BG3200.ARE, has a spawn point that references an invalid creature file — that's about as much as I can tell you.
  • HillgroveHillgrove Member Posts: 17
    so I guess that's a total re-install then :/

thanks for taking a look (ps. any way I can do this myself so I won't have to bother you?)
    Not really, crash .dmp's aren't readable unless you are a dev / have experience reversing the game engine. If you have more crashes feel free to ping me on Discord and I'll take a look.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @Bubb Could you reimplement these features?

* Opcode 408 - Projectile Mutator (along with the three projectile hooks).
    * The hooks that allow the extra spell slot opcodes to add slots even if the character isn't high enough level.
    * The hook that allows opcode 280 to always to trigger a specific wild surge.
    * Opcodes 400 (Set AI Script), 405 (Override Button Index), 406 (Render Override) and 407 (On Remove).

Updating OlvynSpells to work on version 2.6 will require opcodes 400, 406, 407, 408, and the hook for opcode 280. Updating High Power Baldur's Gate to work on version 2.6 will require all of those as well as opcode 405 and the extra spell slot opcode hook.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I agree with OlvynChuru on this matter!
  • jacobgspjacobgsp Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2022
    Hello there,

I've noticed something quite niche when using Tweaks Anthology to Increase movement speed outside of combat (by 50 percent in my case) in combination with EEex, the menu module shows (No Name) when shift hovering the main character (see screenshot).

Not sure if it's something with Tweaks Anthology or EEex, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have the proper spell name and icon (which should be Haste I believe).

Thanks!

kb9i0no42ngt.png

• skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @Bubb, Is it possible in the current version of EEex to add effects when creating a character? And delete them if the "Back" button was pressed?
    @skusha
    What do you mean by 'effects?'
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    @Bubb Simply brilliant, any plans to bring this to macOS?
    @Greener
    To my present understanding, the 2.6 compatible version of EEex is intended to be for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
  • dreamingspiredreamingspire Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2022
    Hi Bubb. Experienced two crashes with EEex/Spell Menu installed. The first occurred during a battle; I was hovering over the extended spell menu when the game crashed. The second occurred post-battle; I had right-clicked on Neera's Wild Surge spell and was reading information about it when the game crashed. Beyond these crashes, I also experience lag with the mods installed (like clicking R for Record taking half a second longer than usual, or dragging items from one inventory to another character lagging).

Not sure if you're able to help me with these issues, but wanted to provide the data just in case. Either way, I think these mods are absolutely fantastic additions to the community and game. Thank you so much for your work on them. I might not be able to use them, but I appreciate your contributions.

ETA: Forgot to upload the crash data... https://gofile.io/d/wYxmy4
    @dreamingspire
    What were all the mods you had installed?
    @Endarire
    I updated the link with the WeiDU file. Here it is: https://gofile.io/d/wYxmy4

I have a LOT of mods installed... >_>
    @dreamingspire: Thanks! Your game is crashing when attempting to play music, which is something EEex doesn't touch. I would guess one of your other mods is causing it.
    @Bubb Really? That should be an easy fix, then! I'll uninstall that mod and hopefully get back to using EEex/Spell Menu. Thank you!!
    edited July 2022
    Request: Add the option to toggle rigging the dice rolls - for allies only, for enemies only, or for each - minimum or maximum (or, more accurately, worst and best) rolls. This would also have a separate toggle for in combat only, out of combat only, and all the time. This doesn't guarantee a critical success, but instead acts as if the die roller rolled the worst or best result with the appropriate modifiers.

This way, if players want to ensure they get max thieving skill rolls out of combat while ensuring foes get the worst rolls in combat (or want to disable die roll rigging in combat for each side), they can. It's a time saver.

May we also get the ability to click to move into the flag of war (unexplored terrain)?

What's this about EEex incorporating BGII Radar? If so, I am for it! If not, I still planned to use the overlay.

Thankee!
    Post edited by Endarire on
    Hey Bubb, just returning a few weeks later after playing extensively with EEex. Total game changer. Can't imagine playing without it or the Spell Menu Extended mod. Thanks so much for your work on these mods! Appreciate it.