Skip to content

[mod] v1 of Evandra for BG2 now Available at G3

RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
edited January 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
Well, I am back after being away from modding for a while, and I've decided to go public with a project I've been playing with for the past year. This is basically the tribute to the Dragonlance setting that I've always wanted to write, but after working on Adrian and Ninde ToB, was a little bit nervous about writing another morally ambiguous, slightly mad elven mage. Obviously I finally decided I didn't care, and here is the result.

Evandra is a True Neutral elven illusionist, and for those familiar with the Dragonlance setting, a Red Robed Wizard of High Sorcery. Given her background, her alignment in some senses represents a fall--a significant departure from what she had at one point expected out of life. Her status as a practitioner of illusion magic is also very important, as she has a rather interesting relationship with the concept of reality.

Evandra can be found inside the Planar Sphere, trapped with the Knights of Solamnia. She is immediately recruitable. (Please note that the Mage Stronghold option to return the Solamnics to their homeworld is no longer available, though players of all classes will be able to resolve their situation eventually.)

Learn more about the mod
View the Readme
Visit Evandra's Forum
Download

Post edited by Rhaella on

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Congratulations, @Rhaella! It's great to see this mod released! :)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Congratulations, looks nice!
    Does she have a sound set or is she mute like a certain other NPC of yours? :p
    @Ulb - IIRC, she is voiced. BTW, Isra and Adrian also include voicing (Adrain's is fan-voiced, though).
    @Rhaella - it may be a good idea to use the direct download link. This one here will preview the package. If you want a direct download link, manually change 0 in the ond of the link to 1.
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178

Congratulations, @Rhaella! It's great to see this mod released! :)

Well, sort of released, at least. Can't do beta testing on sites that are offline, though!

Thanks for the tip on the download link, btw. Just fixed it!
    Ulb said:

Congratulations, looks nice!
    Does she have a sound set or is she mute like a certain other NPC of yours? :p

Nah, I at least can voice my female NPCs! The tricky part is trying to keep them from sounding the same. ;)
  • jpayettejpayette Member Posts: 14
    Great to see you back! Isra is my favorite NPC mod of all time, so I'm excited to give this a try.

Right off the bat, noticed a minor typo in her intro dialogue - she says "Yes, an organization of mages dedicated to preserving and governing magic in the land Ansalon", which should the land *of* Ansalon.
    jpayette said:

Great to see you back! Isra is my favorite NPC mod of all time, so I'm excited to give this a try.

Right off the bat, noticed a minor typo in her intro dialogue - she says "Yes, an organization of mages dedicated to preserving and governing magic in the land Ansalon", which should the land *of* Ansalon.

Haha, thank you. I've played through that intro dialogue so many times I'm not sure how I missed that.

Hope you enjoy her! :)
    Minor thing related to the "return the Solamnics home" quest, not really a bug but just a touch jarring... after speaking to the Prelate, Evandra reminds you to go talk to Ribald even if you've already talked to him.
    jpayette said:

Minor thing related to the "return the Solamnics home" quest, not really a bug but just a touch jarring... after speaking to the Prelate, Evandra reminds you to go talk to Ribald even if you've already talked to him.

That was definitely a coding error I hadn't caught, so thank you! Fixed now.
    Still slowly making my way through this... I just noticed that, after talking to Ribald about sending the knights home, the option to ask him about it doesn't disappear on subsequent visits, and you can even get Evandra's reaction again after leaving the store each time you ask him.
    Thank you! I think the fix I implemented for the other issue with Ribald takes care of this one as well.
    Alright, Evandra has officially been released at G3 now, so I've updated the first post accordingly. If any more issues show up, you can report them either there or here, since I'll see it either way.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so this is the first mod you made thats not on spellhold studios? the ocd in me is crying.
    Great, @Rhaella! Congratulations again! :)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    edited January 2019
    Gratulations, *AGAIN*

*Just noticed I already did comment on this one. :D
    Thanks again, guys!

so this is the first mod you made thats not on spellhold studios? the ocd in me is crying.

Haha, yes. It's the more active of the two these days, especially with the new server update that hopefully means no more crashes.

Playing through the Underdark, I've noticed a few audio balancing issues - a few lines are jarringly loud. For example, play rh#ev105 and rh#ev115 back to back; the latter is way louder.
    Thanks. I thought I'd caught all the audio issues, but they either got overwritten or I missed some. I'll sweep through them again.
    Little bit of code snuck into one of the journal entries...

"Evandra wishes to pay the Knights of Solamnia a visit at the Order of the Radiant Heart. If all goes to plan, she will be able to send them home.%,QUEST)"
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, first of all I would like to express how really amazing this mod is.
    Secondly I have a question about how the romance works - I am in the middle of my playthrough and my character just finished the friendship path with Evandra and shown interest to romance her in the last talk. Now I am ready to sail to Spellhold, however in the meantime I kind of "accidentaly" (well...) run the romance with Jaheira to very advanced level (where Elminster showed up and gave Jaheira the Harpers necklace - I think this is really late stage in Jaheira romance, maybe SoA end? I don't remember because I get to this stage due to the buggy nature of Jaheira romance only ages ago) so my question is this - will the romance talks with Evandra start despite my character being in relationship with Jaheira, or the Jaheira romance will prevent Evandra romance talks, so I must edit my save game in EEkeeper to shut Jaheira romance down?

Thanks for eventual answer and sorry for my english;-)
    Caszidy wrote: »
    Hi, first of all I would like to express how really amazing this mod is.
    Secondly I have a question about how the romance works - I am in the middle of my playthrough and my character just finished the friendship path with Evandra and shown interest to romance her in the last talk. Now I am ready to sail to Spellhold, however in the meantime I kind of "accidentaly" (well...) run the romance with Jaheira to very advanced level (where Elminster showed up and gave Jaheira the Harpers necklace - I think this is really late stage in Jaheira romance, maybe SoA end? I don't remember because I get to this stage due to the buggy nature of Jaheira romance only ages ago) so my question is this - will the romance talks with Evandra start despite my character being in relationship with Jaheira, or the Jaheira romance will prevent Evandra romance talks, so I must edit my save game in EEkeeper to shut Jaheira romance down?

Thanks for eventual answer and sorry for my english;-)

Hello! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod. :) You're probably going to have to shut the Jaheira romance down with EEKeeper. When you do so, make sure to also set Evandra's romance variable (rh#EvaRomanceActive) back to 1.
    @Rhaella thank you, I will edit my game than.
    I just also find some Jaheira romance walkthrough so I checked that I really completely finished Jaheira's romance in SoA. Since I remember the talks and ending in ToB actually better than in SoA, I will contiue only with Evandra.
    Thanks a lot for this amazing mod thou, the friendship part was great looking forward to the romance.
    @Rhaella
    Hi, I would like to thank you, for this great mod.
    I just finished my recent playthrough and I really apreciate how well Evandra blended into the game. It felt like original part of the game. In particular I loved the utilization of the Spelljamer in the Underdark for Evandra quest - It always felt to me, that this part of the Ust Natha should be somehow used in mods. I also report that not even a single small bug occur in my playthrough.
    I want to recommend this amazing mod to everyone :+1:
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    edited May 2020
    In case anyone is wondering about the state of this mod, it is currently at version 2.2 at the links above. The only issue that doesn't seem to be fixed is
    jpayette wrote:
    Little bit of code snuck into one of the journal entries...

"Evandra wishes to pay the Knights of Solamnia a visit at the Order of the Radiant Heart. If all goes to plan, she will be able to send them home.%,QUEST)"

The fix appears to be fairly simple. In entry @284 in the quest.tra file, remove the ")" so the line should read
    quest.tra wrote:
    @284 = ~Homecoming

Evandra wishes to pay the Knights of Solamnia a visit at the Order of the Radiant Heart. If all goes to plan, she will be able to send them home.~

I have attached the fixed file, which should go in evandra/translations/english before the mod is installed. Unzip it (since you can't attach .tra files)