Skip to content

[MOD] Trials of the Luremaster for BG2:EE

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    Error in the Announcement, there is English, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish, but no french :(
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited January 2019

Error in the Announcement, there is English, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish, but no french :(

RC1 of the mod is slightly outdated by now and doesn't contain everything that has been advertised in the first post.

However, French translation (along with a great number of bugfixes and improvements) has been added to the devel branch of the mod and will be available to everyone when the mod is officially released. I'm just waiting for one or two pending translations.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    Aaeight
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    Ok, i'll try it. Thanks a lot for the mod and the link :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Congratulations for this release!
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    :) glad to see this out!
    Aedan
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    Nice! Good work on the release!

Is it also somehow compatible with lavas will of the wisp mod now? I mean because both adds a shaman stronghold?
    Mythalar
    d2freak wrote: »
    Nice! Good work on the release!

Is it also somehow compatible with lavas will of the wisp mod now? I mean because both adds a shaman stronghold?

The idea of adding a shaman stronghold to the mod was briefly mentioned somewhere in this topic, but it hasn't been implemented so far. You can safely install this mod together with Lava's Will of the Wisps.
  • casublettcasublett Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2019
    This is excellent. Very professional. Thanks for this wonderful addition.

Unlike so many other content mods that are sloppy or tonally off, this fits in nicely. Mandatory install for me now.

Although I can't kill a single revenant or troll.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited September 2019
    Hello @argent77 , I'm reporting a "debug" thread about a problem between TotLM and other mods that add IWD spells: http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/437/missing-spell/p1

We've thoroughly analyzed the issue and isolated the problem.
    Thanks for the attention :)
    @Blash Thanks for the report.

From what I can see, this conflict cannot be solved by TotLM without making the optional component "Make IWD spells available to the player" obsolete.
    DavidW stated in another topic that he doesn't intend to 'fix' that kind of conflict in SCS. I agree with his suggestion to install the IWD spell components from SCS before TotLM. It should resolve most if not all spell conflicts.
    Blashbob_veng
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Is there actually anything to fix?
    - if IWDification or SCS IWD spells are installed first, everything is fine
    - if TotLM is installed first, and the player selects 'make IWD spells available to the player', everything is also fine. (You'll get TotLM's choices of where to put new spells instead of SCS's, but that's not obviously a problem.)
    - if TotLM is installed first, and the player DOESN'T select 'make IWD spells available to the player', presumably they don't want to make those spells available to the player, and they get their wish. It's a slightly curious choice then to install the IWD spells, but that's up to them!
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    DavidW wrote: »
    - if TotLM is installed first, and the player DOESN'T select 'make IWD spells available to the player', presumably they don't want to make those spells available to the player, and they get their wish. It's a slightly curious choice then to install the IWD spells, but that's up to them!

I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect the average player to understand the intricacies of how those spells are imported into the game and what the 'don't make them available to the player' option means from a technical point of view.

If two mods offer the same component but one of those mods has additonal components that rely on the first one, it would generally look like the smart choice to let the later mod handle all of it instead of mixing and mashing components, no?

After all, if there was some other mod that also had a 'smarter mages' component, you wouldn't argue that SCS shouldn't install smarter mages because the player declined to install the other mod's component and therefore certainly doesn't want to have smarter mages..

Btw, I'm not saying there is definite need for a fix, but this compatibility issue should at least get a very prominent spot in both mod's readmes since it does -IMHO- go against common mod install practice.

(Also, I'm totally not just saying that because I also installed it the wrong way :D)

jastey
    The decision to hide IWD spells was primarily made for balance reasons, because many IWD spells are quite powerful. However, I didn't think of all the consequences in combination with other mods.

Maybe I can reduce mod conflicts if that feature were implemented differently, like making spells available to everyone by default and hiding them on demand. It would also be more consistent with another option that is already implemented like this: rebalancing TotLM weapons and equipment.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    I think that would be better.

An alternative that would be easier to code would be to use the subcomponent system: have two versions of the main component, one that doesn’t hide spells and one that does. (That addresses Ulb’s concern to some degree.)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    edited September 2019
    If you are willing to put that much effort into it I -and probably a lot of other people- will certainly appreciate it.

That said, since this is mostly an awareness issue, maybe adding ample notification for players that
    a) SCS is totally fine with TotLM's IWD spell import
    b) SCS's version can be installed by splitting the installation and installing SCS IWD spells before TotLM
    will be enough?

This thread and the one on G3 have probably already contributed a lot to solve the issue..
    I'll probably implement it as suggested by DavidW, since undoing content installed by the main component may introduce further incompatibilities.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited November 2019
    I would like to use this, but the EET installer says it conflicts with Smarter Priests and Smarter Mages from SCS, and I chose SCS. How to make these compatible? (Is it a matter of changing dependencies/load order for the installer?)
    Post edited by Endarire on
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Endarire, are you trolling on purpose?
    Endarire wrote: »
    I would like to use this, but the EET installer says it conflicts with Smarter Priests and Smarter Mages from SCS, and I chose SCS. How to make these compatible? (Is it a matter of changing dependencies/load order for the installer?)

There are no known compatibility issues between this mod and SCS's Smarter Priests and Mages. You have to ask the maintainer of the EE Install Tool about this.
    edited November 2019
    Argent77, do you know if Iwd in eet will make this mod redundant ?
    Post edited by Arthas on
    I don't think so, unless IWD-in-EET can be installed without EET.
    ArthasMantis37
    Okay thanks.
    edited November 2019

Edit: double post remove
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    So the difference between this mod and the one theorized by subtledoctor will be the non required iwd and the lack of contextual banners by npcs that refer to iwd. Am I wrong?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Arthas
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    UPDATE!
    Smarter Priests and Smarter Mages from Sword Coast Strategems work properly with EET Luremaster IF IWD spells for players are included from the SCS mod and excluded from the EET Luremaster component!

(I'm probably not the first to mention this, but I mentioned this so others may benefit.)