Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited May 2019
    @moderators Could this thread be pinned?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Alonso wrote: »
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Alonso I wasn't aware that the board is not visible to guests, I've fixed all links, thanks.
    Thank you, that's helpful. Still, I had managed to login and get to that page myself. What I mean by "empty" is that that page says nothing about the feature. It says that you added it to the project, moved its location, and some more info, but there's no description or any indication about what the feature actually is or does.

It's because this is a quick summary of what developer needs to remember. It's not for typical user, otherwise I would have to write whole page of technical gibberish.
    edited May 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    Hello!
    Following step 4 "Run PI, point to temp2.txt file using dedicated field" from here.
    In your screenshot from teh first post, which file is the one the temp2.txt should be read into?

Do I see it correctly that the temp2.txt is created by copy&paste the content of the text field into a txt file and name it temp2.txt or is there an export feature I am missing?

Hey,
    indeed you need to manually copy&paste the content of the text field into a txt file and name it temp2.txt.

This is what you need to copy:
    3vrm7e1zrqmc.png
    Hello @ALIEN I foreward reports from a player:
    -the tool does not stop and report if mods failed to install but just skipps them
    -if on full screen, the "pause installation" button is exactly at the place of the protocoll window where the player input for timers etc. is displayed
    -pressing enter is detected as a double press so naming the familiar (for the setup-AnimalCompanions.exe mod) always failed because it was read as no entry
    Thanks!

- I need more info and logs form installation
    - "pause installation" button is clearly a bug, fixed, thanks
    - will investigate double enter
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    ## 0.6.7
    • fixed duplicated 'Enter' key-press
    • fixed button positions after resizing main window
    Thanks for the update!

Here more info to the report above: logfile is here. Problem was, that the tool did not stop to give an error info if a mod couldn't be installed, but just proceeded with the installation of the list. Is there a possibility to toggle "automatic pause installation if install error" somehow? In the player's first attempt, BGT didn't install properly so the whole installation was borked as a result. (Also for other obvious reasons, a warning and the possibility to react would be great.)

Second thing: the player made a temp2.txt file as described here, and tried to load it into PI using the "Sorting Order File" field. But the file was not recognised, PI didn't react to it or showed that it was read, nor gave it an error report why the file was not recognised. The player then used a weidu.log directly via the "import weidu.log" button and that worked. The player suggested that some kind of feedback / error info why the temp2.txt file was not accepted would be great.
    edited May 2019
    Here more info to the report above: logfile is here. Problem was, that the tool did not stop to give an error info if a mod couldn't be installed, but just proceeded with the installation of the list. Is there a possibility to toggle "automatic pause installation if install error" somehow? In the player's first attempt, BGT didn't install properly so the whole installation was borked as a result. (Also for other obvious reasons, a warning and the possibility to react would be great.)

Done, mod errors will pause installation. I've tested it via installing BGT 1.18 for BG2EE :wink: Unlike BWS, PI doesn't need 'Retry' function.

BTW: The log file was useless, for the future, I need whole folder with correct installation date.
    Second thing: the player made a temp2.txt file as described here, and tried to load it into PI using the "Sorting Order File" field. But the file was not recognised, PI didn't react to it or showed that it was read, nor gave it an error report why the file was not recognised. The player then used a weidu.log directly via the "import weidu.log" button and that worked. The player suggested that some kind of feedback / error info why the temp2.txt file was not accepted would be great.

I see what I can do about giving more feedback to user.

## 0.6.8
    • mod errors will pause installation

Thank you for your super quick updates!
    One question: which whole folder do you mean here:
    for the future, I need whole folder with correct installation date.
    One more question. Would it be possible to use BWS-Selection file for PI?
    Like the one inside the spoiler tags here.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    Can't get Project Infinity to do anything, not recognizing any of my installed IE games nor the extracted mods folder. Can the outdated BWS still install 2 year old mods after this 2.5 update to Baldur's Gate?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @jastey open page 9 of this very same topic.

CTRL+F

Write "Arthas"

the post you'll find has the answer for BWS-Selection

@Arthas Thanks! You man here?
    (You can get the direct link to a post by clicking on the date/time stamp at the top.)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @jastey yup
    I didn't know how to give you a direct link. Thanks for teaching.
    Kaitek wrote: »
    Can't get Project Infinity to do anything, not recognizing any of my installed IE games nor the extracted mods folder. Can the outdated BWS still install 2 year old mods after this 2.5 update to Baldur's Gate?

Did you select a folder where one of the files: "Baldur.exe", "SiegeOfDragonspear.exe", "Config.exe", "BGConfig.exe", "BGMain.exe", "BGMain2.exe", "Icewind.exe", "IDMain.exe", "IWD2.exe", "Torment.exe" is present?

What do you mean by 'not recognizing the extracted mods folder' ? If you pointed to the directory where there is even one extracted WeiDU mod, it should be visible at the list.
    One question: which whole folder do you mean here:
    for the future, I need whole folder with correct installation date.
    When you preform installation via PI, there will be Logs\date-time folder. You can open this folder via button. Each time when I'm asking to provide logs, I mean the logs from the installation where problem occurs.
    Thanks!
    edited May 2019

Did you select a folder where one of the files: "Baldur.exe", "SiegeOfDragonspear.exe", "Config.exe", "BGConfig.exe", "BGMain.exe", "BGMain2.exe", "Icewind.exe", "IDMain.exe", "IWD2.exe", "Torment.exe" is present?

What do you mean by 'not recognizing the extracted mods folder' ? If you pointed to the directory where there is even one extracted WeiDU mod, it should be visible at the list.

I did, selected freshly installed BGEE and BG2EE folders but after clicking OK in the settings window nothing happens, it doesn't load the games. Same for extracted mods folder, there are many extracted weidu mods in the folder that I select but nothing shows up. Also, my windows defender says that ProjectInfinity.exe and Update.exe contain a very severe trojan called Bearfoos, so my Win10 won't even let me download it anymore.
    @Kaitek
    I did, selected freshly installed BGEE and BG2EE folders but after clicking OK in the settings window nothing happens, it doesn't load the games. Same for extracted mods folder, there are many extracted weidu mods in the folder that I select but nothing shows up.
    That is strange, can you please post screenshots?
    Also, my windows defender says that ProjectInfinity.exe and Update.exe contain a very severe trojan called Bearfoos, so my Win10 won't even let me download it anymore.

Ye, that's typical windows Defender false positive nonsense. Add PI to the exception list inside Windows Deffender. Please check if you have weidu64.exe inside "Tools" folder.
    Thanks for the help but after messing around with mods all day I've given up for now and decided to check out Tyranny instead.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Alonso wrote: »
    About setting the install order you say you can do it "via copy & paste", but there are two arrow buttons on the left hand side of the left panel that allow you to sort the mods. So it looks like there are three sorting methods available, right?
    Bump
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    how do we setup for EET? The instructions don't really explain, and theres a folder to be chosen for an EET install. Does this mean we perform the first part (BG I Mods that get installed before EET, then EET) and direct it to the directory after that? Im just a bit confused as in BWS it was its own little choice and did this bit seamlessly.
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    @DymeDef Once you configure the directories properly, the "Game" button should turn into a selection list from which you can switch to different base games installations... if you switch to EET there and then the program uses that base install as destination of any operation, and allows for selection of any mod that's EET suitable (from what I understand, at least.)

070vhlpaslpu.png

I'd suggest you to make a copy of a clean BG2:EE install before using it as destination for EET, and keep it separated from your standard BG2 installation.

As for installing mods on BG1 before running EET setup, you need to do that separately... change the selection to BG1 and select mods appropriate for that game and install them, then switch to EET and continue from there selecting the mods for that stage, then EET setup will pull everything from your original BG1.

That's the way I did it and it worked for me... though perhaps there's a more convenient/direct way that I don't know.
    leeux wrote: »
    @DymeDef Once you configure the directories properly, the "Game" button should turn into a selection list from which you can switch to different base games installations... if you switch to EET there and then the program uses that base install as destination of any operation, and allows for selection of any mod that's EET suitable (from what I understand, at least.)

070vhlpaslpu.png

I'd suggest you to make a copy of a clean BG2:EE install before using it as destination for EET, and keep it separated from your standard BG2 installation.

As for installing mods on BG1 before running EET setup, you need to do that separately... change the selection to BG1 and select mods appropriate for that game and install them, then switch to EET and continue from there selecting the mods for that stage, then EET setup will pull everything from your original BG1.

That's the way I did it and it worked for me... though perhaps there's a more convenient/direct way that I don't know.

Okay thank you.
    edited June 2019
    Now is my turn to ask for help :)

I'm having trouble with a specific file:

https://github.com/CrevsDaak/thalan "Thalantyr Item Upgrade Mod"

As soon as I try to select it or expand its tree node, it disappears from the tree... I suppose it could be some kind of error being reported from WeiDU or something, but I tried to look at the logs to see if there's any problem while processing it, and nothing gets logged related to that operation.

So, I'm not sure what to do to provide more info.

I've attached a ZIP of the logs from the last attempt, just in case there's something there that you can see!

EDIT: Forgot to say... this is for a new EET installation... the BG1 part is already done, but nothing is installed on BG2 side yet (Thalantyr mod is one of the mods that are stated on EET Compat List as installable on BG2 over EET.)
    allows for selection of any mod that's EET suitable (from what I understand, at least.)
    That's currently impossible. I will remove EET from game list until PI can handle it properly.

As soon as I try to select it or expand its tree node, it disappears from the tree... I suppose it could be some kind of error being reported from WeiDU or something, but I tried to look at the logs to see if there's any problem while processing it, and nothing gets logged related to that operation.

Thalantyr Item Upgrade 4.2.3 works fine. You are using 'master branch/last commit' which has syntax error and can't be installed. You should use latest release or wait until @CrevsDaak will release working version.
    allows for selection of any mod that's EET suitable (from what I understand, at least.)
    That's currently impossible. I will remove EET from game list until PI can handle it properly.

Thalantyr Item Upgrade 4.2.3 works fine. You are using 'master branch/last commit' which has syntax error and can't be installed. You should use latest release or wait until @CrevsDaak will release working version.

How would one go about using PI to perform an EET Install? Just like manual? BG1 mods first then EET first on BG2?
    edited June 2019
    DymeDef wrote: »
    How would one go about using PI to perform an EET Install? Just like manual? BG1 mods first then EET first on BG2?

Currently yes. First, BG mods into BG1EE, then EET + BG2 mods (or with EET support) into BG2EE. Improving this process is panned but it will take a while.
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    edited June 2019

What do you mean? I did an EET installation already and it worked for me :o

Oh, it's the fact that it doesn't detect for mod compatibility with EET? Yeah, granted, I only chose mods from the EET compatibility list... that might be why it worked :)

Now I'm reinstalling again, since my first try was just a test and now I want a setup for playing for real :)

Ah gotcha, thank you! Should've guessed as much, sorry! Gonna switch to the last tagged release version then... it's much more simple to just clone the git repo than to download zips for me :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    [Thalantyr Item Upgrade 4.2.3 works fine. You are using 'master branch/last commit' which has syntax error and can't be installed. You should use latest release or wait until @CrevsDaak will release working version.
    Gah, I hadn't seen that there was a mismatched parenthesis, fixed, thanks.
  • Mr_TMr_T Member Posts: 7
    Nice work! All mods I have tried to install (on Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment) works but there is an odd error I do not understand.

When I install the mod IWD NPC by kulyok I get an error message "The syntax of the command is incorrect." It does not seem to matter when I select classes from Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate 2 engine but when I select classes from Original Icewind Dale Project Infinity stops working when it encounters that error (see log1 and log2).

Otherwise all mods are installed fine, Project Infinity is a bit slow to react in the beginning when several mods are installed consecutively (see log3) but it is not a problem.
    Mr_T wrote: »
    When I install the mod IWD NPC by kulyok I get an error message "The syntax of the command is incorrect." It does not seem to matter when I select classes from Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate 2 engine but when I select classes from Original Icewind Dale Project Infinity stops working when it encounters that error (see log1 and log2).
    Does by 'stops working' you mean pausing? Because I can't reproduce you problem.
    Mr_T wrote: »
    Project Infinity is a bit slow to react in the beginning when several mods are installed consecutively (see log3) but it is not a problem.
    It's because mods needs to be copy into game directory every time.